Demolition MMA - Official Smack Talk Thread

Humble

Preliminary Card

37a2.jpg Chief "Grizzly" Bear Vs Max Onera 23w27.jpg

Natural weight: 199 LBS Natural weight: 191 LBS

Record: 11-5-0 Record: 6-6-0

Height: 190 cm Height: 196 cm

New to the RISE Fight League, Chief "Grizzly" Bear looks to make a statement in his debut against the veteran Max Onera. Bear is primarily a wrestler and he'll look to scramble and keep Onera off his rhythm. Onera's a strong boxer with a brown belt in BJJ so he has the advantage if he keeps things at a distance standing up. If things go to the ground Onera is comfortable off his back as he's got 3 submission victories to his name. This should be an interesting matchup as Bear is going to be looking for a finish. All of his 16 professional fights have ended by stoppage with 9 of his wins coming by TKO to go with 2 submissions.

28b20.jpg Chris Cornell Vs Thor "God" Ragardo 39b22.jpg

Natural weight: 260 LBS Natural weight: 268 LBS

Record: 7-6-0 Record: 3-5-0

Height: 180 cm Height: 198 cm

In this matchup we've got Chris Cornell who's joined RISE after switching camps. He's a prototypical grapper with excellent wrestling and a solid purple belt in BJJ. He's very dangerous on the ground as he's got 5 submission victories professionally. He's up against Ragardo who's coming off a loss to Musa Kendali in RISE 42. Ragardo's 3-3 in the RISE Fight League so far and is looking to build up some steam. He's got solid boxing fundamentals and is a strong wrestler himself. This looks to be another episode of striker vs grappler matchup but who will come out on top?

37w40.jpg Riley Knox Vs Jack MaHogoff 40w18.jpg

Natural weight: 216 LBS Natural weight: 199 LBS

Record: 4-2-0 Record: 4-3-0

Height: 188 cm Height: 187 cm

We got a couple of new faces in this fight as both Riley Knox and Jack MaHogOff are new signings for the RISE Fight League. Knox is an accomplished wrestler who's worked on his striking and it'll show here against MaHogOff who's got quite the forgettable stand up. MaHogOff on the other hand is an equally accomplished wrestler but he's built on that wrestling base by adding a submission threat as the purple belt in BJJ is very dangerous on the ground. This may be another striker vs grappler matchup with a twist as both fighters are very good wrestlers. We'll see if Knox can take advantage on the feet or if MaHogOff can get this down on the ground where he can threaten from his back and from top position.

• Upvote 2

Undercard

36b22.jpgFranco Dillveux Vs Minor "World War 3" Caugh 25b24.jpg

Natural weight: 269 LBS Natural weight: 275 LBS

Record: 7-4-0 Record: 3-9-0

Height: 196 cm Height: 220 cm

Dillveux against Caugh brings us two struggling fighters both on 3 fight losing streaks as one of them is going to break out of this slide. Dillveux started out strong with RISE as he won 3 in a row after losing his debut but since then has dropped 3 fights in a row. He's a heavyweight brown belt BJJ practitioner with good wrestling he uses to set up his ground game. Minor Caugh on the other hand is an all round fighter who's joined RISE looking to turn things around not having the best showing with Beach Fights. Dillveux's wins all come from stoppage as he's finished 4 of his opponents by submission and the rest by TKO. Caugh may only have 3 wins to his record but they all come from TKO so don't expect this fight to come to a decision. He'll have the advantage on the feet but we'll see if he can keep Dillveux off him.

12b19.jpgTony "Muay Thai Warrior" Maa Vs Fransisco Gonzalez 36w18.jpg

Natural weight: 153 LBS Natural weight: 153 LBS

Record: 1-3-0 Record: 8-4-0

Height: 168 cm Height: 164 cm

We've got a couple newcomers in this fight with Tony Maa and Francisco Gonzalez. Tony Maa is making his MMA debut transitioning from kickboxing. He's an exceptional Muay Thai boxer and will be a major threat any time he's on his feet. On the other end we have 25 year old Gonzalez is a well rounded MMA fighter but some may call him a Jack of all trades and a master of none. He's got decent stand up but nothing that can match Maa's pedigree so he'll look to test Maa's takedown defense and grappling skills if he can get him to the ground. Will the nak muay survive his first test in MMA or will Gonzalez use Maa as a stepping stone to make his name in the RISE Fight League?

15191667496967.jpg Min "Cursed" Halloway Vs Bear "Brand" Max 12w11.jpg

Natural weight: 153 LBS Natural weight: 145 LBS

Record: 4-2-0 Record: 0-1-0

Height: 175 cm Height: 180 cm

For this undercard match we have a couple young up and comers with the boxer Halloway facing off against Bear "Brand" Max. Halloway is an exciting boxer with a granite chin and KO power knocking out 4 of his 6 opponents. Max comes into this fight relatively unknown with his only professional fight being a decision loss in one of the QFC Tournaments. He's got BJJ blue belt which will help him against Halloway as "Cursed" looked quite lost on the ground the one time he got caught in a kimura. Halloway should out class Max on the feet but will he be able to showcase his skill while watching out for the takedowns?

33w14.jpgJuJu "Sweet Ass" Kmeldov Vs Franck Kodjia 8b2.jpg

Natural weight: 274 LBS Natural weight: 275 LBS

Record: 0-1-0 Record: 0-0-0

Height: 210 cm Height: 195 cm

We got a couple of 20 yr old rookies for this undercard fight. Kmeldov last and only venture to the cage saw him getting knocked out cold in less than a minute but he's since gone back and improved on his game. What can he show us here against Kodjia who makes his professional debut? Kodjia looks to be a good Thai kickboxer while Kmeldov is coming from more of a boxing background. Both have put in some solid work on their wrestling and both fighters are purple belts in BJJ. This should be a fairly entertaining match up with expectations up in the air as it'll be the first look for many at what both of these fighters can offer.

• Upvote 3

Only a few hours until the first event of the New Era of RISE Fight League. You don't want to miss this historic event as RISE bursts forth from the ashes of the previous management to re-establish itself on the local scene and eventually the global scene as well. Please join us at the Hard Knocks - Los Angeles for this event starting at 6pm PDT. We hope to see you all there.

• Upvote 1

Only a few hours until the first event of the New Era of RISE Fight League. You don't want to miss this historic event as RISE bursts forth from the ashes of the previous management to re-establish itself on the local scene and eventually the global scene as well. Please join us at the Hard Knocks - Los Angeles for this event starting at 6pm PDT. We hope to see you all there.

I've seen you mention this a few times but to be quite honest the toughest challenge Humble and I had was keeping you and your bunch of clowns from poaching entire divisions from RISE.

Humble happened to actually be in your alliance and your alliance chat genius. So he saw everything.

What you did to Torcida and RISE was shameful, with all that money from who was it again? Karter that originally bankrolled you? Our starting 2k contracts could not compete with what you were offering and you absolutely sank both companies and with it the 320k ID.

What we dislike about you is not that you avoid fights and give yourself the easiest route to belts, that is standard douchebaggery by mediocre managers.

What we dislike about you is that you absolutely destabilized a bracket and then come in with more big bucks patting yourself in the back for a problem you created. Humble was good peoples, I'd rather have him back in the game than your entire alliance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

33w14.jpgJuJu "Sweet Ass" Kmeldov Vs Franck Kodjia 8b2.jpg

Natural weight: 274 LBS Natural weight: 275 LBS

Record: 0-1-0 Record: 0-0-0

Height: 210 cm Height: 195 cm

We got a couple of 20 yr old rookies for this undercard fight. Kmeldov last and only venture to the cage saw him getting knocked out cold in less than a minute but he's since gone back and improved on his game. What can he show us here against Kodjia who makes his professional debut? Kodjia looks to be a good Thai kickboxer while Kmeldov is coming from more of a boxing background. Both have put in some solid work on their wrestling and both fighters are purple belts in BJJ. This should be a fairly entertaining match up with expectations up in the air as it'll be the first look for many at what both of these fighters can offer.

Kodjia will beat the shit out of him.

FTFY

• Upvote 1

Ion "Bombardierul" Pascu (332301)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15220676845722.jpg

What a fucking night!

I didn't was thinking to be able to control all five rounds with that BJJ black belt,he got me only one time on the ground and didn't sub me,he's kinda tough because I couldn't rock him with over 130 punches to the head

I told you don't doubt me

And I have to say one more thing they told me this fight was for the title shot and I saw a fight offer with a guy who has 0 fights in RISE that dissapointed me, after 9 fights in RISE it's kinda fucked up to play me like that and show me no respect

• Upvote 2

I've seen you mention this a few times but to be quite honest the toughest challenge Humble and I had was keeping you and your bunch of clowns from poaching entire divisions from RISE.

Humble happened to actually be in your alliance and your alliance chat genius. So he saw everything.

What you did to Torcida and RISE was shameful, with all that money from who was it again? Karter that originally bankrolled you? Our starting 2k contracts could not compete with what you were offering and you absolutely sank both companies and with it the 320k ID.

What we dislike about you is not that you avoid fights and give yourself the easiest route to belts, that is standard douchebaggery by mediocre managers.

What we dislike about you is that you absolutely destabilized a bracket and then come in with more big bucks patting yourself in the back for a problem you created. Humble was good peoples, I'd rather have him back in the game than your entire alliance.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Yet again, you accuse me of having influence over an organization that I had nothing to do with. Torcida fell all by itself and it's owner's lack of commitment to the org. I only had a few fighters over there and none were in title contention. Winning fights and retaining titles is not exactly what I would call destabilizing a division. You make up this crazy shit and expect people to take you seriously... what a clown. It's true that Chris Karter gave me a sizable amount of money, but that has nothing to do with the fall of Torcida or RISE. The easiest route to belts? You mean fighting the opponents you set before us? Yeah, how dare we fight the fights offered... What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't give myself ANY fights... You and Humble did that. So how is anything that followed that MY fault? I never avoided any fight in this org (Or Torcida for that matter) so again... you are a fucking liar!

Humble was once in my alliance but we never had anything bad to say about RISE or even you for that matter. I actually defended you from some people who were talking shit because I thought you had legitimately turned a new leaf after your public apology, but evidently you were as disingenuous in that as you are in everything else. Every single word you ever utter is complete bullshit and is easily proven to be so. You insist on making ridiculous claims that I give myself easy fights in all these different orgs, but I have no control what-so-ever in any of these orgs. You're so fucking stupid that you cannot understand that I would have to be on staff, or own the orgs in order to do what you claim. A single click will show that I am not on staff at any of these orgs and cannot and obviously have not given myself ANY of these fights you claim were so easy and were fast tracking myself to the titles. The reason I have fighters in the title fights is because they have been winning fights, you jackass. That's how you get a title fight. You keep winning until the organization grants you the title shot. Not really sure what else you want me to do... Turn the title fights down because my opponents have been incapable of beating me? What a fucking idiot.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What a fucking night!

I didn't was thinking to be able to control all five rounds with that BJJ black belt,he got me only one time on the ground and didn't sub me,he's kinda tough because I couldn't rock him with over 130 punches to the head

And I have to say one more thing they told me this fight was for the title shot and I saw a fight offer with a guy who has 0 fights in RISE that dissapointed me, after 9 fights in RISE it's kinda fucked up to play me like that and show me no respect

You were not sent the title fight because you were not the number one contender. However, the number one contender declined the fight stating that he didn't feel he was ready for a title fight at this stage of his career. So you, as the number two contender have been sent the fight offer. Good luck, since all three of your losses have come by way of the current champion, you will need it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What a fucking night!

Victor Creed: It's ok I can beat someone else up, and you can continue ducking me for one reason or another.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

RISE Rankings

Bantamweight (135 lbs):

Champion: Glass Joe

1. Mike Sadollah
  2. Eta Knox

Not Rated Yet: Robert Vanderwiel, Paul Malone, Carmine Turturro, Steel Beal, Liam Hoohuli

Key Fights This Month: None

Featherweight (145 lbs):

Champion: Andre 3000

1. Tony Maa ↑
  2. Sildosoves Bagueirau ↑ 2
  3. Fransisco Gonzales ↑
  4. Ronald Mateo Suarez ↓ 1
  5. Min Holloway ↑

Not Rated Yet: Lee Bruce, James Howlett, Oscar Gutierrez, Chris Peoples, Alex Shafer

Inactive Fighters (15 days or more): Akhmed Gasanov

Key Fights This Month:

1. Ronald Mateo Suarez vs. Glass Joe
  2. Cato Skywalker vs. Rogelio Velasquez

Lightweight (155 lbs):

Champion: Tud Stoddler

1. Nick Morris
  2. Wale Ammond
  3. Black Alligator
  4. Connor McNugget
  5. Niudu Kakka

Not Rated Yet: Scott Smith, Eric van der Woodsen, Ronald Wagenknecht, Darren Tellkins, Shannon White, Ernest Graves, Joshua Brown, A.J. Daniels, Adlan Aukadov, Paolo Santos, Son Gohan, and Johnny Winkle

Inactive Fighters (15 days or more): Chad Stronghold, Aaron McLoughlin, Goreshade King

Key Fights This Month:

1. Shanon White vs. Ernest Graves
  2. Paolo Santos vs. Johnny Winkle
  3. Scott Smith vs. Wale Ammond
  4. Niudu Kakka vs. Son Gohan
  5. Conor McNugget vs. Pedro Changggg

Welterweight (170 lbs):

Champion: N/A

1. Jhin Markell
  2. Suicide Bunny
  3. Meatball Destroyer
  4. Billy Batts

Not Rated Yet: Lani Kirby, Timmy Thompson, Royce Reyes, Lazar Markov, Lucas Radebe, Buddy Franklin, Long Hung Dong, Louis Nicholas Davout, Catherine Dominique de Perignon, Ryuota Sato, Don Romain, Hans Swartzmuller, Sterling Archer, William Scout, Jeff Rinaldi

Inactive Fighters (15 days or more): Darryl Taylor

Key Fights This Month:

1. Jhin Markell vs. Suicide Bunny
  2. Meatball Destroyer vs. Billy Batts
  3. Lazar Markov vs. Jeff Rinaldi
  4. Lani Kirby vs. Timmy Thompson

Middleweight (185 lbs):

Champion: Carmelo Anthony

1. Von Kaiser ↑
  2. Ion Pascu ↓ 1
  3. Anthony Falcone
  4. Andrew Conford ↑
  5. Torcidall Sailcirc ↓ 3

Not Rated Yet: Victor Creed, Tupac Anderson, Michael Under, Piotr Chojnowski, Reiner Brawn, Denzel Crawford, He Is I Am Him, Tomo Jr., Michael Ney, Guillaume Brune

Inactive Fighters (15 days or more): None

Key Fights This Month:

1. Nuno Pontes vs. Anthony Falcone

Light-Heavyweight (205 lbs):

Champion: Daniel Orndorf

1. Henry Aron
  2. Georges Danton ↑ 1
  3. Antoine Pierre ↑ 2
  4. Liam James ↓ 2
  5. Mike Quick ↓ 1

Not Rated Yet: Bon Dones, Frederich Lawson, Chief Shadow, Chief Wolf, King Yelats, Zhao Yu, Miroslaw Pawlowski, Nicky Santoro, Blaise Cailloux, Emmanuel de Grouchy, Juha Niska, Chris Omega, Gavin Dice Em, Gvo Gvo

Inactive Fighters (15 days or more): Craig Ace, Carlos Jimenez

Key Fights This Month:

1. Henry Aron vs. Chief Shadow
  2. Antione Pierre vs. Antonio Silvio
  3. Carlos Anderson vs. Alexander Dumas
  4. Bon Dones vs. Liam James
  5. Georges Danton vs. Frederick Lawson
  6. Chief Wolf vs. Mike Quick

Heavyweight (265 lbs):

Champion: Rich Silva Jr.

1. Frank Granger
  2. Benny Allison
  3. Musa Kendali
  4. Thor Ragardo ↑ 1
  5. Mohammad Ruslanov ↑

Not Rated Yet: Pension Buckets, Brad Whittman, Keone Kapisi, Joachim Murat, Mason Amadeo

Inactive Fighters (15 days or more): Chris Cornell, Carver Frost, Franco Dillveux

Key Fights This Month:

1. (Title Fight) Rich Silva Jr. vs Frank Granger 2
  2. Pension Buckets vs. Musa Kendali

Super – Heavyweight (265+):

Champion: Carlos Silverio

1. Cajun Puto
  2. Jack Blood
  3. Rutger Herman
  4. Tyrone Sparxx
  5. Android Eleven

Not Rated Yet: Bruce Murillo, Paddy Kisnorbo, James Pinkerton

Inactive Fighters (15 days or more): None

Key Fights This Month:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Victor Creed: It's ok I can beat someone else up, and you can continue ducking me for one reason or another.

I didn't duck you, but they told me the winner of this fight will get the title shot so isn't my fault

I will fight you anytime, let me finish with the champ then we can fight

• Upvote 2

Nice way of showing the rankings.

Thank you.

I didn't duck you, but they told me the winner of this fight will get the title shot so isn't my fault

I will fight you anytime, let me finish with the champ then we can fight

I don't know who told you that, but it wasn't me, since I didn't think that a win would be enough to establish you as the number one contender. It didn't but the number one contender did not wish to fight the champion for the title, so it fell to you as the number two. If you want to fight Creed then that can possibly happen depending on how things shake out. It all depends on where fighters fall in the rankings after this next round of fights.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

RFL - 44.5 Silva Jr Vs Frank Granger II

1535584838WfYCGNM.png

Main Event Preview

14434636463319.jpg 15323659125133.gif

"The Sleeping Giant" Rich Silva Jr Vs Frank Granger

Natural weight: 270 LBS Natural weight: 236 LBS

Record: 8-2-0 Record: 5-1-0

Height: 188 cm Height: 183 cm

It's the big boys for the main event and Silva Jr is attempting to defend his belt for the 2nd time since picking up the vacant title at RISE 37 against a familiar opponent in Frank Granger who's only blemish on his record is a unanimous decision loss to Silva Jr at RISE 32.

These two know each other pretty well after a grueling 3 round fight which saw Silva have a huge height and weight advantage but despite that Granger certainly earned Silva Jr's respect early on in that fight after a beautiful combo connected and dropped him in under one minute of the first round. However we saw the grit and determination that makes Silva Jr the champion he is and weathered the early storm to ride out a comfortable win in the end.

Granger is coming off two KO wins, first was a brutal uppercut knocking out Carver Frost in just 55 seconds at RISE 38 and the second being a beautiful head kick KO of Mohammed Ruslanov at RISE 42 which earned him his second career Fight Of The Night award.

Silva Jr is currently on a 3 fight win streak which started with the first meeting between these two. Silva Jr certainly doesn't get paid by the hour as 8 of his 10 fights have ended in the first round. Silva Jr has the more experience making his RISE debut at RISE 12! Also earning two Fight Of The Night awards in his MMA career.

This really could go any way, it could end in a flash or it could be another decision but one thing is certain, you won't want to miss it!

Co-Main Event

11b6.jpg 9w9.jpg

Henry "HANK" Aron Vs Chief "Black" Shadow

Natural weight: 189 LBS Natural weight: 220 LBS

Record: 10-3-0 Record: 7-4-0

Height: 187 cm Height: 194 cm

The main event of the night is a light heavyweight match between Henry "HANK" Aron who's looking to build on a good knockout win over Carlos Anderson at RISE 41. Primarily a grappler, Aron will looking to be using his wrestling to give him the advantage against his opponent who is also a proficient grappler. Chief "Black" Shadow will be making his debut for RFL. Shadow has the edge on the ground so he'll be looking to take advantage of his BJJ experience just as Aron will likely be looking to take advantage of his superior wrestling. Aron has the more impressive record going in to this fight while Shadow has the physical advantage being with the taller and bigger frame. It'll be no surprise to see this fight going to the ground but who will have the advantage once we get there? Aron's top game or Shadow's bottom game. We'll found out.

24w17.jpg 39b15.jpg

Jhin " The Sniper" Markell Vs Suicide Bunny

Natural weight: 182 LBS Natural weight:180 LBS

Record: 9-4-0 Record: 9-4-0

Height: 182 cm Height: 185 cm

Jhin "The Sniper" Markell comes into this fight with a chip on his shoulder after losing his second attempt at the title at RISE 40. Markell is another grappler who's game revolves around using his wrestling to get on top of you before beating you up with his dominant top game. His opponent here is Suicide Bunny who's an excellent kickboxer from Sweden looking to build off his win at RISE 41. His takedown defense will be put to the test here as he has barely any experience on the ground. Striker vs grappler match here and as and fight fans know that means we'll be looking to see if Markell can take the shots Bunny throws and take him down or if Bunny can keep standing this might be his night. Both fighters currently have a record of 9-4-0 heading into this match so we'll see who can pull off their 10th win first.

3w6.jpg 40w41.jpg

Shannon "The Natural" White Vs Ernest Graves

Natural weight: 165 LBS Natural weight: 160 LBS

Record: 5-0-0 Record: 6-5-0

Height: 186 cm Height: 172 cm

Shannon "The Natural" White is a hyped prospect making his debut for RISE coming over from CCF with a perfect 5-0-0 record. With 4 submissions in those 5 victories the jiu jitsu brown belt will be put to the test against another newcomer in this lightweight bout. Ernest Graves managed to break a 0-3 losing streak in his last fight with IXF and he'll look to build on that in his debut here. He's got excellent muay thai skills and will look to expose the basic striking of Shannon White. He's no slouch on the ground either and even if White manages to take Graves down he's going to have to work hard to submit Graves if he goes there.

• Upvote 2

Preliminary Card

15374966924436.jpg 27w24.jpg

Antoine " La Casserole" Pierre Vs Antonio "JJ" Silvio

Natural weight: 222 LBS Natural weight: 204 LBS

Record: 6-1-0 Record: 5-2-0

Height: 185 cm Height: 198 cm

In this undercard match we've got a rematch for you as Antonio Silvio and Antoine Pierre will go at it again in a light heavyweight fight. Both guys love to brawl and both of them are experienced grapplers. Antoine "La Casserole" Pierre is a sloppy striker but he's got a strong wrestling base to go with his submission game. Have we mentioned his submission game? Pierre has 6 professional wins on his record and all 6 have come by submission including his last fight against Silvio. Antonio "JJ" Silvio has some basic striking which gives him the advantage against Pierre which we didn't get to see last time around as he got submitted in the first minute. Will he be taken down and give up the top position again or has he got something new to show us this time around?

37w10.jpg 26w28.jpg

Billy "Shinebox" Batts Vs Meatball Destroyer

Natural weight: 175 LBS Natural weight:167 LBS

Record: 3-3-0 Record: 6-4-0

Height: 192 cm Height: 175 cm

For this welterweight fight we've got Billy "Shinebox" Batts in one corner who's coming off a decision win at RISE 41 and looking to make his way up the rankings. In the other corner we've got Meatball Destroyer who's looking to avoid a third consecutive loss. Destroyer is a bigger name while Batts is the bigger fighter. This might be a tough matchup for Batts as he's more of an all-rounder with no particularly outstanding parts to his game. Destroyer is a great boxer and a decent wrestler while their jujutsu skill levels are about even. Batts may have to rely on his punching power to overcome the disadvantage in technique and test Destroyer's chin in this fight.

21w7.jpg 30w1.jpg

Alexander "The Great" Dumas Vs "Team 10" Carlos Anderson

Natural weight: 220 LBS Natural weight: 224 LBS

Record: 2-2-0 Record: 5-6-0

Height: 185 cm Height: 195 cm

This is the second time and could well be the last these guys could ever face. Last time they faced was a war zone but this time will The Great Alexander get his revenge back or will it be the same for the Team 10 Carlos Anderson to end this rivalry once and for all.

• Upvote 2

Undercard

42w13.jpg 24b8.jpg

Jeff "Killer" Rinaldi Vs Lazar "The Spartan" Markov

Natural weight: 166 LBS Natural weight:170 LBS

Record: 1-3-0 Record: 3-2-0

Height: 175 cm Height: 178 cm

Both fighters are on a loss streak but which fighter is able to turn things around and make sure they earn a win tonight? Will the Spartan destroy Killer and let his loss increase or will Spartan tragically cause a mistake which Jeff takes advantage and wins in a spectacular fashion. Either way whatever it is some one will get the victory tonight.

18b3.jpg 15315614819123.png

Vs

Cato "Little" Skywalker Rogelio Velasquez

Natural weight: 150 LBS Natural weight:140 LBS

Record: 0-1-0 Record: 1-2-0

Height: 174 cm Height: 171 cm

These young kids go head to head but which one will bang today? Both coming from a loss streak but the end of the day someone is going to become victorious.

• Upvote 3

Rise Fight League - 44 A New Era Review

We would like to say our first ever event succeed by the new owners and we like to continue producing more events like these. A New Era is a event which starts up a new story for the new owners who have taken over and so making Rise great again. We would like to thank also to those who contributed to this event and to so those who signed with us at Rise and those who stayed with us whilst believing in every action we took. It's never easy owning a org and it has never been but it's a challenge to make Rise Fight League great again.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2el9mh0.jpg

First up our Main Event on Rise Fight League - 44 A New Era

http://i63.tinypic.com/abnzn6.jpg

Sailcirc was the favorite to win this heated battle, but Pascu was the better man tonight dominating him with head punches it was recorded 151 attempts whilst 132 landed. Without a doubt if Sailcirc didn't have a good chin he would been knocked out cold. In the end nothing could of separate these strong warriors but in the favour of unanimous decision Ion Pascu was victorious.

Ion Pascu finds himself in rank 2 and gets a shot at the title challenging the current holder of Rise Middleweight Champion Carmelo Anthony.

Sailcirc drops to rank 5

Both produced astonishing performance earning them the fight of the night award. tinyaward.jpg

Our Co-Main Event of Rise Fight League - 44 A New Era

http://i65.tinypic.com/2z3uqkw.jpg

A stand up war both fighters really going at it, throwing bombs and causing all mayhems and in the late rounds Andrew Conford was caught with a right hand which rocked him and it seemed Von Kaiser finishes him with no hesitation. The crowd cheering loudly, do we have a future Middleweight? I guess so.

This pushes Von Kaiser at the top number 1 spot of the Middleweight division and whilst Conford sits at 4th

http://i68.tinypic.com/14j8bv8.jpg

Former Reigning Defending Undisputed Rise Bantamweight Champion makes his debut at 145 lbs but this time he proves his doubters wrong and shuts down his opponent in under a minute.

Mike sits at the rank 1 contender spot of the Bantamweight Division

http://i65.tinypic.com/6rqd1v.jpg

Onera back in the beginning of Rise was the most dominating king of 185 lbs but his performance started to get a little shaky when time moved on. Tonight getting a huge win has meant everything for him and hopefully gets himself back on track. On the other hand Bear was no match against Onera on the ground.

Max Onera is awarded for the Sub of the night tinyaward.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/vf9jpv.jpg

Thor Ragardo makes this easy work and lands a straight left which finishes Cornell in under a minute.

Thor Ragardo is awarded K.O of the night tinyaward.jpg

Thor pushes himself in rank 4 of Rise HW

• Upvote 3

RFL - 44 A New Era Review

1535555328f5saalR.png

Preliminary Card

Knoxx Vs Mahogoff

Knoxx is only a 19 year old, but showed heart and determination to beat the older and wiser man which surprised Daddy Winger. The kid has a future definitely to become a world champion. He dominated Mahogoff in 1 Round but clearly had enough and destroyed the 27 year old in a spectacular fashion. The most powerful overhand connecting Mahogoff Jaw sending him to a good night sleep.

UnderCard

Dillveux Vs Caugh

Caugh is now on a 4th streak loss one more could terminate his Rise Contract he was no match against Dillveux who easily dominated him in less then 2 and half minutes.

Maa Vs Gonzalez

Both of these fighters weren't on too much pressure but making their debut it meant a lot for them. Maa was victorious and destroyed his opponent in matter of seconds.

Halloway Vs Max

Both looking to start a career at rise this was definitely a match to lookout for. Young hungry lions making their debut but all in all Halloway was the better man tonight.

Kmeldov Vs Kodjia

When Kodjia signed his contract with Rise Daddy Winger was concerned that he wouldn't do very well. But tonight he proved him wrong which puts him into his shortlist. He expected Kmeldov to destroy him but what he produced tonight showed him some hope.

Contracts Signed at Rise Fight League

27 September

Sylvain Rochette 265 LBS

Asko Vilenius 205 LBS

Liquid Voyage 185 LBS

Urho Puuma 155 LBS

Ricky Rawse 265 LBS

Shaun Brownie 185 LBS

Crazy Lobo 265 LBS

Gustav Rinaldi 205 LBS

Van Der Veer 170 LBS

Lighty LightHeavyweight 205 LBS

Heavy HeavyWeight 265 LBS

Super SuperHeavyWeight 265 LBS

Middle Weight 185 LBS

Jairo Valea 185 LBS

26 September

Jason Imbert 265 LBS

Dennis Wilson 205 LBS

Mark Borrego 265 LBS

Christian Baier 135 LBS

Armin Schulz 155 LBS

Gandolf Schmidt 265 LBS

Mister Gibbs 170 LBS

Events Confirmed

RFL - 45 Rise Up!

LACC -Conflict

RFL -46 The New Generation

MMAAddict.com

presents

RISE Fight League’s RFL-44.5 Silva Jr. vs. Granger II Fight Review

With your host: Ricky Warner

ZcjtHN2b.jpg

[Ricky Warner’s well-appointed desk is seen with Ricky shuffling papers on its surface. The show’s theme music begins, and Ricky adjusts the microphone and begins to speak]

Ricky Warner: Hello and welcome once again to MMAAddict.com’s weekly blog. Today we will be reviewing the recent event at RISE Fight League, RFL-44.5 Silva Jr. vs. Granger II. This is an exciting day for me as I have been able to secure an interview with the Heavyweight Champion a bit later in the show.

I’ll just jump right on in here and start with the review starting, as usual, with the first card of the night and working up from there. Without further ado:

Lightweight (155lbs)

Paolo “Armadeira” Santos (1-1) vs. Johnny Winkle (2-3)

Johnny Winkle opened up this show with a predictable and easily stuffed takedown attempt and that set the tone for this entire fight. It was clear that Winkle wanted the fight on the ground but he really needs to learn that throwing only takedowns will result in little more then disappointment. As was the case here, as Santos took control early and put on a boxing clinic. He dismantled Winkle, who looked as helpless as a lost child, in the ring and scored the 1st round KO after setting it up with a beautiful head kick and followed it up with punches as his stricken victim lay on the floor unable to defend himself.

Featherweight (145lbs)

Cato “Little” Skywalker (0-1) vs. Rogelio Velasquez (1-2)

These two met in the center of the cage and began to throw. A real treat for the crowd to be sure, but by the end of the first minute of the fight, Skywalker took the fight into the clinch were he slowly wore down on his opponent and the score inevitably was shifting towards himself. While Velasquez was able to periodically break free of the clinch it was usually short lived as Skywalker was able to enforce his will and take the fight back into the clinch. Once there he was able to consistently do damage until he secured the stoppage at 3:29 of the second round.

Welterweight (170lbs)

Jeff “Killer” Rinaldi (1-3) vs. Lazar “the Spartan” Markov (3-2)

This next bout was between two fighters with very different goals. One was trying to make a name for himself and establish a win streak, while the other was trying for redemption and bring himself closer to a balanced record. Unfortunately for Jeff Rinaldi, he was simply no match for Lazar Markov. The “Spartan” secured a takedown with startling ease and then never eased up on the attack. He pounded away at the hapless Rinaldi with a solid ground and pound strategy and, while Rinaldi did attempt to secure a submission from his back, he was never really in this fight. Markov scored the TKO win at the 3:59 mark of the first round.

Light-Heavyweight (205lbs.)

Aleksander “the Great” Dumas (2-2) vs. “Team 10” Carlos Anderson (5-6)

Tomo “the Chosen One”, the manager of Aleksander Dumas actually called out Carlos Anderson for this rematch, looking to secure some revenge for his fighter. That was evidently a mistake. Both fighters clearly wanted this fight to take place on the ground and we were treated to two-and-a-half rounds of solid grappling. Dumas fought for his life down there but was simply outclasses by the journeyman Carlos Anderson. Eventually, in the early part of round three, Anderson was able to secure the guillotine choke and restore his record at an even 6-6. Dumas looked dejected after the loss and must be reconsidering that nickname…

Welterweight (170lbs.)

Billy “Shinebox” Batts (3-3) vs. Meatball Destroyer (6-4)

Batts secured a clinch immediately after the bell rang but was unable to do much damage before Destroyer was able to break free and do some damage of his own in the standup. Batts again secured a clinch and did some light damage before the Destroyer disengaged from it and returned once more to the middle of the cage. Clearly Destroyer has the better striking skills as he worked Batts over for the next 20 seconds or so before dropping him with a hook from Hell. Destroyer follows to the mat and was raining blows from side control until the ref came to Billy Batts’ rescue.

Antonio “JJ” Silvio (5-2) vs. Antoine “La Casserole” Pierre (6-1)

Antonio Silvio never really was in this fight at all as Pierre immediately moved into the clinch then pulled guard mere seconds later. He then worked consistently to secure some sort of hold, transitioning from position to position until he was able to secure an Americana at around 2 ½ minutes of the first round. Silvio made some feeble efforts to secure a sub of his own and to escape from the bad position on the ground, but he had neither the strength, or the skill to do so and it ended very quickly for him.

Lightweight (205lbs.)

Shannon “The Natural” White (5-0) vs. Ernest Graves (6-5)

This fight looked like it was going to be a warm-up fight for “The Natural” on his way to title contention, but no one bothered to tell this to Ernest Graves. Well, maybe they did, and it lit a fire under his ass. White secured the takedown and was working very hard for the submission win, even taking Graves back at one point. Graves turned things around though and got into the dominant position himself and worked a good ground and pound mixed with submission attempt game, winning the round barely on the commentator’s scorecards. The second round went much the same with White getting the takedown and Graves taking control from there scoring the Kneebar Submission at the 1:22 mark of the second round.

Welterweight (170lbs.)

Jhin “the Sniper” Markell (9-4) vs. Suicide Bunny (9-4)

These two fighters were looking to establish themselves as the top seed in a title fight following the departure and stripping of the Welterweight title from Boris Boulder due to inactivity. A lot was on the line here as Markell, who was just coming off of a loss to the aforementioned champion, Boris Boulder, was looking to make a statement and boy did he? He secured the takedown in short order and immediately began working for the finish, working Bunny over with his 100% accurate ground assault and a few submission attempts before securing a Kimura on his third attempt at just under two minutes into the fight.

Co-Main Event

Heavyweight (265lbs.)

Heavyweight Title Fight

“The Sleeping Giant” Rich Silva Jr. (8-2) The Reigning Champion vs. Frank Granger (5-1) The Challenger

“The Sleeping Giant” Rich Silva Jr. has had an impressive run in this organization so far. He is only 21 years old, having fought for the title against the former champion Mario Farina, and despite losing that fight he recovered and moved on to challenge again for the title beating Luke Rockhard for the honor. He then defended that title against a perennial contender Benny Allison who briefly held the title himself. Along the way to his title shot he defeated the current challenger via unanimous decision. Granger also 21 years of age has not fought as many times as the Champ, but despite that and the aforementioned defeat at the hands of the champion he has demonstrated great skill and devastating knockout power even dropping Silva Jr. in their first meeting in the first round. Recovering from that loss and destroying Carver Frost and then demolishing Mohammad Ruslanov he found himself facing the Champion. A chance for revenge and for Gold and Glory as the RISE Heavyweight Champion of the World. Champion Silva demonstrated his blinding hand speed in the fight by countering several missed strikes by Granger and it was beginning to look like we would see a repeat of the earlier performance but the challenger was still scoring and landed a huge combination that dropped Silva to the mat. Unlike in earlier fights from Granger he did not go to the ground with his opponent and beckoned him back to his feet. He could smell blood and, mere seconds after that devastating knockdown, Granger landed a one-two punch combo that put out the lights of the champion.

Main Event

Henry “Hank” Aron (10-3) vs. Chief “Black” Shadow (7-4)

Former champion, Henry “Hank” Aron, was looking to welcome newcomer, Chief “Black” Shadow to the RISE Fighting League with a beating. And that is precisely what he delivered. Shadow, a product of early successes in the QFC and Arlen Bale’s short lived Annihilation organization then moved on to Torcida where he had very mixed results before the collapse of that organization. He came to RISE with dreams of establishing himself in the race for the title. In his way was former champion and number one contender to the title, Henry Aron. Aron also started out for a few fights in the QFC but then found his way to RISE where he established his legacy, winning the title, beating Melvin Comeau for the strap. He then went on to defend that title two more times before losing it to Wes Ray. He has since struggled to remain in title contention and had even had another shot against reigning champion Daniel Orndorf. He has since established himself as the number one contender again and had no intention of losing his spot to an upstart newcomer like Shadow. Shadow made the mistake of taking the fight to the ground where Aron dismantled him with his far superior Ground and Pound. Despite many submission attempts by Shadow, he was unable to find a chink in Aron’s armor and found himself being savaged by Aron’s ground assault. Four seconds before the end of the first round Aron scored the TKO stoppage and secured his second shot at Daniel Orndorf for the title.

Ricky Warner: So there it is folks, but that’s not all. As promised I had a few minutes to talk with the NEW UNDISPUTED RISE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!! FRANK “THE GIANT SLAYER” GRANGER!!!

[An obviously bruised and battered Frank Granger makes his way out to the stage and takes a seat next to Ricky’s desk after shaking hands with the host]

k0s16Ufb.gif

Frank Granger: The Giant Slayer? I like it. Thanks for having me on the show again Ricky. It’s always a pleasure.

Ricky Warner: I want to congratulate you first of all for your impressive win over the former champion.

Frank Granger: Thank you. It feels great getting vengeance and to do it while claiming the title is a total thrill ride.

Ricky Warner: So, did you think that you would be able to dominate the champion so easily this time around?

Frank Granger: Well, not to sound to arrogant, but yeah, I kind of did. Silva went down pretty easy in our first fight, but I had my head up my ass and tried a bunch of stupid shit instead of just going for the knockout. You cannot fuck around with a fighter of his caliber. Classic mistake and I paid for it.

Ricky Warner: So, you do think the former champion is still a threat?

Frank Granger: Well… kind of. He is going to kill anyone trying to get through him I think, but I am not sure if his chin can hold up to what I bring to the fights. Don’t get me wrong. I respect the former champ. He earned his chops and he beat my ass once too. So, I am not being dismissive of his capabilities, but he doesn’t quite have what it takes to beat me I don’t think. Well… he doesn’t have the ability to last long enough to beat me is a better way of putting that.

Ricky Warner: So, what’s next for you, champ?

Frank Granger: I’m not really sure. I suppose we will have a contender emerge in the next few weeks. There are some great Island fighters that just joined the org that may someday be fighting for the title. Depends on how well they do against top ranked opposition here. There is Benny Allison and Mario Farina has returned under new management to re-establish his dominance. He is tied with Max Slaughter for number of successful title defenses so a fight against him would be amazing. Just gotta wait and see I guess.

Ricky Warner: OK, well, that’s all the time we have for today, folks. Thanks for dropping by and streaming this Vlog. We will see you next time.

Frank Granger: Any time Ricky. It’s always a pleasure. Thanks.

[the show’s outre music begins, and the credits roll. You can see Ricky Warner and Frank Granger talking as the screen fades to black]

• Upvote 2