Impact (235k+ restricted) - The Official Smack Talk Thread.

JAKE:Look at who I fought and I was coming back and nearly won. And that was when I had no strength, im strong as fuck now you wont make it out the first round Boy

Bruce: Fair point, I looked back on your fight and was a good fight except you get cut by a gust of wind. It will be a good fight, I'm looking forward to it but don't sleep on me, I might only be 18 but I've still had more fights than you and have won more fights than you!

Bruce: Fair point, I looked back on your fight and was a good fight except you get cut by a gust of wind. It will be a good fight, I'm looking forward to it but don't sleep on me, I might only be 18 but I've still had more fights than you and have won more fights than you!

JAKE: I may get cut easy but ya gotta be able to hit me to cut me and judging by your boxing I dont see that happining. Your best bet is to clinch up ;-)

JAKE: I may get cut easy but ya gotta be able to hit me to cut me and judging by your boxing I dont see that happining. Your best bet is to clinch up ;-)

Bruce: I don't need someone with a losing record telling me how to fight!

Bruce: I don't need someone with a losing record telling me how to fight!

JAKE:Not tryin to tell ya how to fight, I just hope you have a better gameplan than you did for your last fight. Cuz trying to clinch with me will be murder and strike with me and youll be gettin an early nap. So you basically have to pray for a lucky takedown. Like it or not you know its true. But hey if you do somehow beat me then I'll shake your hand and tell ya your the man

JAKE: Im looking forward to making my Impact debut. Also I have a training partner who would be interested in fighting for your 265+ division. His name is Storman Norman (240465) and he loves to fight.

He loves to fight? Sounds like he was born to join Impact, contract on it's way thank you.

Impact are holding 2 events this Saturday night in the build up to the Battle of the Belts.

Lets kick off the proceedings with

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1394728929londonimpact7.jpg

Impact 7 preview

170lbs Leon (2-0-0) vs Pizde (2-1-0)

Francois Leon will be making his debut for Impact this Saturday night and will no doubt be looking to continue his winning streak and impress the fans. He has had 2 previous fights, winning both by Ko/TKO in the first round. At 18 years old he is already an excellent boxer and will probably be looking to slug it out as he clearly has dangerous hands. Our spy in his gym has reported that he is in superb condition and ready for this fight, good news for the fans.

Lece "Yolo" Na Pizde is no stranger to Impact fans, he has already 2 fights for Impact defeating Samilla and taking out Alex Jump with a delightful head kick in the first round last time out. Pizde is in pretty good shape although his morale could be slightly better. A master of Muay Thai and another fighter that likes to get the job done fast.

My prediction: This could be a case of who gets rocked first, both fighters very dangerous, it should be a great fight. I will go with the superior energy and morale of Leon, he maybe a youngster but he's had 2 good finishes already and his manager has made sure he's in fantastic shape for the fight.

Leon by TKO round 2.

205lbs Irvin (5-0-0) vs Lockwood (1-0-0)

James "Sandman" Irvin made his debut for Impact with his last fight, managing to beat Impact's mighty Dave Dance on points increasing his winning streak to a massive 5 fights.His previous 4 were all by TKO in the early rounds and now he has proved that he has the stamina and the confidence to slug it out with one of the top fighters in the 205 division. Our source in Helsinki, where Irvin trains, has told me that he looks in great shape, his morale is pretty good and he is ready to fight. Lockwood will need be bring his A game if he wants to stop Irvin on Saturday night.

Matt Lockwood proved he had dangerous hands in his first fight at Impact, scoring a TKO in just 1minute 25 seconds. He's in great condition with his morale sky high after his last win (although his manager should keep an eye on his clothes after this fight as his mighty whites won't be to mighty after 3 fights and his morale will drop). Reports have been coming in that he has been spotted training in one of London's top gyms, although his manager will have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't overtrain otherwise all that hard work will be for nothing if he steps in to the cage drained of energy. I'm sure the talented manager Alfie Jackson has it all under control and we should see a great fight by both fighters.

My prediction: A tough one to call, they both seem to favor the clinch so it could all come down to work rate and condition. Lockwood has the better MT skills but Irvin has a slight advantage in the wrestling department, both will help if they take it to the clinch.

I'm going to have make a guess and go with Lockwood although he'll have to watch those dangerous knees of Irvin otherwise it could easily go the other way.

Lockwood by TKO round 2

155lbs Maskrey (3-0-0) vs Kyznetsov (1-2-0)

Nathan Maskrey currently on a 3 win streak folling his success at qfc bouts and a youth showcase, making his first appearance for Impact. This determined fighter likes to keep his opponent guessing, switching from stand up and ground fighting at the blink of an eye. I've been told he looks in great shape but his morale is quite poor, maybe his manager could take him shopping and let him choose a couple of sets of clothes to help cheer him up, thats sure to improve his morale.

Ryan " Kalash" Kyznetsov stepped in to the cage with Ross Peerson last time out, although Kyznetsov ended up losing on a points, he put on a truly great performance. Thsi intelligent fighter was caught unaware and knocked down in the 2nd roundbut he didn't let that stop him, getting back up nad carrying on fighting all the way to the end. He's had almost a month to train so it will be interesting to see what he has learnt while he has been away. He's in fantastic condition but again this fighter is not happy that he's still wearing the same clothes he fought in 3 fights ago.

My prediction: My gut tells me Maskrey is going to take this one, he seems to be a little more keen for the win.

Maskrey by submission in the 3rd round.

205lbs Jimino (0-0-0) vs Skilgannon (2-0-0)

Joe " Jack Knife" Jimino is a talented BJJ fighter, he has already gained his purple belt and is an accomplished wrestler, no prizes for guessing where he would like the fight to take place. A totally unknown fighter so far making not only his debut for Impact but also his first time stepping into the cage. All that is known about him is that he's in fantastic condtion both physically and mentally.

Olek "The Damned" Skilgannon joins Impact with 2 wins by submission, both taking under 1 minute in the first round. This determined fighter will be looking to impress the crowds with his own skilful BJJ display of his own on Saturday, both fighters equally matched. Our spy in his training camp tells us he is an absolute demon when it comes to training and just never wants to stop, we just hope his manager is keeping an eye on things so he doesn't get too carried away as it approaches fight night. Morale isn't too bad but needs keeping an eye on, a win here will sort it out temporarily but a loss could see it become a real hassle for his manager, having to change clothes once per day to get his fighter the morale boost is a real pain in the ass.

My prediction: I will be really interested to watch this fight, Jimino really is the surprsie package this fight, will he be able to stop a super fast submission from Skilgannon, it could all come down to how well they are physically trained. I will have to go with the experience of Skilgannon.

Skilgannon by submission in the 3rd round.

155 lbs Jakinek (1-0-0) vs Durden (0-0-0)

Jakinek Ii "The Giant" Jakinek still bouyant after his last win against John Abruzzi, sadly no longer with us - he had to leave due to an eating disorder and could no longer make weight so rumours say. This 18 yr old boxer, training out of London in top shape, our spies tell us he may also have a granite chin which could come in really handy if he decides to slug it out rather than keeping his distance by hitting and running. It was a close decision on points that won him his last fight although he was clearly after the knock out as he attempted a staggering 84 combo shots, he'll have to hope his conditioning is good enough as too many misses with combinations is said to drain your fighters energy.

Tyler " Jaw Breaker" Durden , 21, has yet to have his first fight and what better way to do it than to make your first fight in front of the Impact fans. He favored style of fighting is a mixture of pure boxing and Muay Thai, will this be enough to give a surprise or 2 to Jakinek? He looks very fit and mentally ready for the challenge, we will just have to hope that he has some knock out power in his gloves if he wants to put Jakinek's lights out.

My prediction: I will have to go with the slightly more experienced but younger Jakinek. If he can control his wild swings and with his granite chin, it could be just enough to take it all the way and win on points....that's if Durden doesn't decide to take it to the clinch.

Jakinek by decision.

170lbs Hunt (1-1-0) vs Dean (1-1-0)

Ken " Hot Sun" Hunt is riding high on the back of his win on his debut at Impact last time out. This inteligent Muay Thai styled fighter won by points proving his stamina was up to the job even if he couldn't find a way thro to his opponents chin. He's in excellent shape and ready to comeout swinging. He has the brains and the stamina, on Saturday he'll be looking to prove he has the talent to go all the way to the top of the division.

Scooby "Roobie" Dean finshed his last fight in style with a left hook, right uppercut putting his opponent on the floor and then barking like a dog. Unfortunately he's still training at the Cozad gym and everyone knows that is a terrible place to train, it's really starting to effect this guys morale. I'm sure it will be at the top of his managers list of things to do when he gets back from his holiday....at least we think he's gone on a short vacation and will hopefully be back shortly to check on the progress of his fighter. This 22 yr old is a very determined fighter with a big heart, so take note Hunt, if you are going to try and knock him out make sure you do it properly otherwise it could come back to haunt you.

My prediction: A difficult one really, Hunt clearly has the intelligence to win it even if that means by staying out of trouble, Dean has the raw power in his hands.... I will go with Hunt. I think he might hit and run and let the judges make the decision.

Hunt by decision.

170lbs Bishop (1-1-0) vs Hartley (1-0-1)

James "Hit Man" Bishop won his debut fight for Impact by a points decision, this 21 yr old fighter now putting a solid tick into the win column to straighten up his record. He is now 1 win after his first loss and no doubt looking to add to that win on Saturday night. All that could come to a gringing halt if he doesn't stop training very very soon. My source in his training camp tells me he is working himself so hard that he just won't have the energy to be able to make weight unless he gets some rest straight away. Someone has kindly wrote to his manager telling him he wont make the weight but as yet, there is no reply, we can only hope his manager reads it in time before he causes a No Contest.

Trev " Yetti" Hartley, with 1 win and 1 draw under his belt will be hoping he can match the performance of his first fight, a second round KO slam! Nice proof that this boxer with heavy hands has quite a few tricks up his sleeve. He'll have to go careful if decides to go down the wrestling route this time tho as Bishop has the slight advantage in that department, although in usual Impact style, they are equally matched.

My prediction: With things as they stand right now and Bishop's weight and energy all over the place, I think Hartley will have a huge advantage and knock him out in the first round. Hopefully Bishop's manager will act fast to make sure there will actually be a fight.

Hartley by KO round 1

170lbs De Souza (2-0-0) vs Woodley (0-1-0)

Next up 2 young wrestlers looking to make their mark in the 170 division. Carlos "the Jackal" De Souza has had 2 wins in his short career and will be looking to add to that. Our spy tells us that although he trains in Amsterdam, he is catching an early flight to make sure he is fully recovered from all the effects of jet lag ready to face his opponent.

Tyrone Woodley, making his Impact debut, reportedly has KO power, that could be a nasty combination for De Souza. These 2 youngsters nearly identical in skills, Woodley having a small boxing advantage, De Souza having a small bjj advantage, with Woodley's KO power, he could easily be taking home a victory here. Both in great condition although Woodley's manager will no doubt keep a close eye on him to make sure he doesn't over train as we draw close to fight night. This should be a great fight for the fans.

My prediction: If Woodley comes into the cage with 100% energy, I think his powerful hands might just steal the win, if he doesn't bring his best, De Souza will no doubt punish him very hard for the simple mistake. Hopefully his manager has his eye on the ball.

As things stand right now, De Souza by TKO in the 2nd round.

170lbs Haz (2-1-0) vs Johns (1-1-0)

Next it's the turn of these 20 yr old stand up fighters, both having fairly strong skills in the art of boxing, Haz prefering to spend the rest of his time training Muay Thai while Johns prefers a hint of wrestling, they should make ideal ingredients for a great fight. Haz is said to have a slid chin, Johns' chin is siad to be granite! Will this prove to be the advantage that will give Johns the win? By the looks of thier records, they will both need strong jaws as they both prefer to take their time and execute well placed punches, both normally winning by decision. It could be a battle of wit and strategy rather than raw power. Johns is in slightly better shape and his state of mind is is quite a deal more focused than Haz, Haz clealry thinking "why am I wearing these stinking mighty white clothes still!", obviously effecting Haz's morale, it will be a shame if that's the only difference and that's what causes him to lose.

My prediction: Both these fighters cut and knocked their opponents down last fight, so although they are quite deadly with their accurate punching, they still pack a punch. If things comtinue and Haz continues to drain his energy too much in training, I think Johns will win.

Johns by TKO in the 3rd round.

205lbs Burns (2-0-0) vs Jack (0-2-0)

Well, I don't mind telling you that the management have just noticed that there has been a huge cock up as these 2 brave fighters fought each other last time out and somehow they have been paired up again already. The management can only appologise and as a reward for not even grumbling or moaning about it all, there is now a $5k bonus to the winner of the fight, to be paid either to the fighter or in to the managers account. *cough cough* anyway, back on with the show.

Last time out, Roger " Bam Bam" Burns decided to mix it up a little and try a few takedowns, although it appears Jack wasn't as surprsied as I was, and he coped with it very well, fending off the sub attempts from Burns. Burns did seem slightly more aggressive and that's what probably won it with the judges but this time Jack will know the score and might look to do a few little surprises of his own.

One thing's for sure, with $5k at stake, it will hopefully be a good fight as these 2 are not likely to meet again for a long long time.

My prediction: I'm going to go with the heavy hands of Jack, if he can keep his target still long enough to drop one of those bombs, it will be lights out for Burns with Jack running straight to the bank!.

Jack TKO in the 3rd round.

And that wraps up the preview for Impact 7, a preiview for Impact's Saturday Night Rumble will be out shortly.

Don't forget, have your say in the smack talk and earn yourself up to $10k for your effort with the $10k bonus for the most active/entertaining smack talker of the month.

The usual $2k bonuses will be on offer for the KO/Sub/Fight of the night awards.

Good luck to the fighters.

http://simitator.com/images/2014-03-12/sy2oa.jpg

No. 3 and No.4 .

It's always been the top 4, the next 2 places will be decided after Saturday's events.

I'm sure if you are that confident, you won't mind a little bit of extra competition :)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/11/11w11.jpg

STORMAN NORMAN

I'm going to beat the shit out of Paul Hedger, thats right bitch I'm talkin to you, take my win bonus and go home call up my boy and we're gettin straight fucked up! I'm talking throw up on the floor then go drink another beer trashed!!! Good thing we dont have to take a piss test cuz were doin at least an ounce of crack soon as i get back! Then Ima burn my ol' lady up all night till she cant move!

Today we had a chance to sit down with Impacts most dangerous ko artists Mike Goon

Reporter: So Mike we see there is a rivalry brewing up between you and Mark Mcain, care to fill us in?

Mike Goon: Not really much to say other than Mark is a complete dumbass thinking he deserves a title shot after only one fight here. After my fight Saturday night he better be training hard for what's coming after him. I'll bet 50k that knock his Ass out when I.....(cell phone rings)..........

"Yea I'll be there right now".. Sry that was Marks wife

Reporter: I think our interview was cut short tonight. Seems Mike has some banging to do outside the cage.

I've just been handed a report claiming that 19 yr old fighter Lincoln Osiris of the 170 weight class, is calling out new comer Samir Ait Yafelman.

Osiris made his debut a couple of days ago defeating Alex Jeferson by an Americana in the first round.

With this call out, it looks like his plan could be to strategically work his way up the table to eventually become a title contender.

There's no current indication on whether he is prepared to go public with this or even if Yafelman will accept the offer.

I'll be watching this space to see if this call out makes any progress.

So there we have it, brave newcomer Samir Ait Yafelman has accepted Lincoln Osiris' challenge!

As it's the first official call out (even tho he didn't actually go public with the call out) and I'm all for you guys getting involved, I will award a $1000 bonus to each fighter if they can make it a 100% rated fight.

I'll also throw in 1k to winners of a 100% fight

A very generous reward from Mr Goon there, well I can't be outdone can I? Well, I guess your fighters are about to get twice as lucky, I will match Goons very generous $1k bonus for winning a 100% rated fight with my own $1k bonus!

That's right, there is an amazing $2k up for grabs on every fight from now on, the conditions are; it is only payable to the winner and the fight must be rated at 100% so make sure your energy is 100% as you step in the cage as you'll need every ounce of it to put on a good show and take home an extra $2k on top of your normal pay and normal winning bonus.

Impact Saturday Night Rumble preview. Saturday 15th March, Wild Bob's Bar - London

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1394718230saturdayrumblegoon.jpg

265+lbs Goon (2-0-0) vs McKirk (1-0-0)

First up is Mike Goon, those of you who read the Impact smack talk will know that he has been making a lot waves recently, marking out his territory and stating that the 265+lbs division is owned by him. Very bold and brave statements if you ask me b ut you have to admire his intentions. This fighter clearly has his eyes on the title and will beat anyone, verbally or physically, who gets in his way. On the physical side he has already proved that he has heavy hands, with a straight right square on the jaw of Gronzi, earning himself a $2k bonus for KO of the night. He's in fantastic shape both physically and mentally, morale is as high as it gets. No doubt he'll be looking for an impressive finish to continue building his fan base and put fear in to his next opponents.

Brandon " The Scotsman" McKirk is no stranger to scoring knockouts himself, he's only had one previous fight, Impact 4, where he put Emalianko to the floor with a huge uppercut in the opening seconds. Emelianko showed that he was a true professional by getting back to his feet and trying to continue, shame his manager didn't show the same professionalism, he is no longer with us after sacking his fighter only a few days after his contract was extended but that's another story. McKirk is like a coiled spring, full of energy and ready to fight so our sources at his training camp tell us, there is however some problem as his morale is rock bottom. After his win only a week or so ago, our analyst's can only speculate that there is a problem with the laundry. This will no doubt only spur on Goon's confidence.

My prediction: they both have heavy hands, McKirk is know to have a good chin but he may well need it in this fight, going in to the cage will a Ko merchant like Goon with 0 morale could be asking for trouble.

Goon by TKO in the 2nd round.

155lbs Lanister (2-0-0) vs Thoresen (3-2-0)

Tyrion " The Imp" Lanister joins Impact after his 2 qfc fights, Lanister showing great ground skills, defeating both his opponents with rear naked chokes. It looks like he'll be stepping in to the cage full of energy with pretty high morale, although his manager will probably want to think about changing those mighty whites if he wants to keep that morale high.

Einat Thoresen joined us from the helsinki Fight Club a couple of fights ago, an experienced fighter with 5 fights under his belt, will be looking to put another win in his record. An expert in the art of BJJ, having been awarded his brown belt will be ready for any tricks on the ground that Lanister has to throw at him. Our spy in his gym tells us that he still training at Cozad, undoubtably this will slow his training progress down but he seems to be doing ok for now. My advice to this manager would be to get him out of there as soon as possible as belonging to a gym with that standard of equipment is very bad for morale.

My prediction: I think i will have to go with the slightly more experienced Thoresen

Thoresen by decision

205 lbs Cook (2-1-0) vs Kurzhez (4-1-0)

Last time these 2 met Chris "Cookie" Cook came out on top. It was a very close fight and ended up going to the judges. The fight wasn't bad for the fans, it had stand up, some clinching and a healthy does of ground and pound added for good measure. Cook seemed to be the more aggressive fighter trying to take it to the ground where he seemed a little more comfortable, although Kuzhez proved he wasn't scared to take it to the ground himself managing to pull guard from the clinch. I think if Kurzhez can keep it standing up a little he might have the advantage but he's very at home on the ground so will keep Cook guessing.

My prediction: Kurzhez TKO in the 3rd round.

155lbs Outlaw (1-1-0) vs Kagawa (2-1-0)

Texas Outlaw made a great start to his Impact career last time with a knockout punch in the 1st round, it was only 12 days since his last fight but his manager is showing just how good he is as this fighter will be stepping in to the cage with full morale and full energy, I'm guessing he will be going for the kill and looking to pick up some of the 'of the night' bonuses to help pay for the training.

Kanji "Kobra" Kagawa , try saying that when you've had too much to drink, joins Impact after 3 qfc fights, 2 wins and 1 loss, not a bad start for this courageous fighter but we all know if a completely different game once you get to an org and start fighting. His manager seems to be looking after this fighter quite well, managing his energy levels perfectly in to the run up to this fight, however he is still training at Cozad and wearing the same might whites that he started his career in. This is having a bad effect on Kagawa's morale but it shouldn't be too bad if his manager fixes things pretty soon.

Kagawa prefering the Muay Thai style of fighting, Outlaw prefering the art of boxing.

My prediction: Outlaw seems to be the more accurate fighter, with his dangerous hands that could prove a lethal combination for Kagawa.

Outlaw by TKO round 2.

265+lbs McClinch (1-0-0) vs Merkaba (1-0-0)

Clinchy " clinchier than your ex" McClinch, an 18 yr old fighter with a big heart and big knees showed a lot of promise in his first ever fight. He knocked his opponent out in just 49 seconds last time out. His opponent has since retired and who can blame him. It was only 12 days since his last fight and his manager took this fight at short notice, the condition of this fighter just shows how professional his manager really is, a fine example to us all. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he will probably be looking to take it in to the clinch on Saturday and go to work, he has very dangerous knees and will want to put a stop to his opponent before he can take any damage himself.

Eagle Heart Merkaba joins Impact after just 1 qfc fight. I guess he didn't need to fight any more to prove that he was ready for the big time. He won in the second round by a Superman Punch KO, so no doubt it will be a packed arena hoping that he will go all out and put on another great show, not bad for his first fight at 18 yr olds. With KO power and a flair for pulling off the unusual, he could have a very long and lucrative career ahead of him, with KO's like that, it is sure to build his hype up and become a firm favorite of the fans. Although he trains in Los Angeles, his switched on manager has already pre-booked his flight and he arrives in London to do a bit of sight seeing and get rid of the jet lag before the big night. Both fighters are in top condition and I expect we will have a top class fight.

My prediction: Clinchy seems very accurate and does huge damage in the clinch with his knees, Merkaba seems very tactically aware, sometimes prefering to keep his distance but is also very accurate. I think it will depend on if McClinchy can close the distance and then keep this Merkaba in the clinch. It could go either way but I will go with the raw power of McClinch's knees.

McClinch by TKO round 2.

205lbs McCrakin (0-1-0) vs NeljaSeiska (1-0-0)

Deuce McCrakin proved his intetions right from the word go when he called out the highest ranking fighter in the 205 division. A very brave gesture but unfortunately it didn't quite pay off, no doubt he will be looking to set the record straight and get rid of some of his aggression in the cage on Saturday. There were rumours that his manager might sack him, but it looks like his manager is going to give him his second chance. I think anyone who has the guts to call out the top fighter definitely deserves another chance. A solid chin and pretty accurate punches should be a good combination to add a win to his record and put his managers mind at rest.

Aku "Ak-47" Neljiaseiska has had one previous qfc fight which he won by decision. He seemed to be getting conflicting advice from his corner so he was going for the takedown then immediately standing up, getting a clinch and then straght away breaking the clinch. Hopefully the management have sorted their communication problem otherwise if McCrakin sees the slightest weakness or mistake, he will pounce. Neljaseiska does have the bonus of having a granite chin but with McCrakin looking for a kill and a quick fight bonus, I wouldn't want to take the chance.

My prediction: Neljaseiska will no doubt try and take it to the floor but if there are any mistakes from his corner and he hesitates, McCrakin will turn his lights out and put a stop to the confusion.

McCrakin by TKO round 2.

170lbs Kincaid (2-1-0) vs Hughes (1-1-0)

Tyson "Yobo" Kincaid, 1 previous fight in Impact, unfortunately he came across Pale Monster early in his career. Pale Monster now proved himself worth of a top 4 spot in the 155 division, so that doesn't really deserve to be a black mark on Kincaids record. Kincaid looks to be in good condition and his morale looks to be steadily improving. This well rounded blue belt will be looking to put some wins under his belt and climb steadily towards the top of the division, he has youth on his side as he is only 22 years old, plenty of time to train and overtake the older guys in the org.

Jeffrey "The Jabba" Hughes is a new recruit to Impact, he's had 2 qfc fights both in the 170 weight class and he found the transition difficult to meet the requirements of cutting to 155lbs. His manager has now got all the teething problems sorted and he looks like he should be able to make the weight tomorrow as I'm told today he weighed in at 155.4lbs. That's cutting it very fine but well done to the manager for switching it round and getting him ready to fight. Both these fghters are happy with taking it to the ground with Kincaid also feeling pretty confident in his stand up game, coukld that be enough to give Kincaid the edge?

My prediction: Hughes has excellent takedown skills, if neither of them can stop the other then that could be the on the judges mind as they count up the points.

Hughes by decision.

265+lbs Osvaldo (1-0-0) vs McCurdy (1-4-0)

Both these fighters are new additions to Impacts roster, both coming from very different backgrounds.Pablo Osvaldo has only had one previous fight. A TKO in a qfc fight where he showed he likes to take his opponent to the floor and pummel his face until the referee has to jump in. Sean "Seao" McCurdy is a very experinced fighter for an 18 year old. He has already had 5 fights, a couple of losses no doubt coming from him crossing the 1000 point barrier and stepping into level 2 qfc's which can be a deadly game of russina roulette as you could end up facing a 35 yr old elite fighter looking to get his name noticed to pick up his last contract, so we won't judge McCurdy on those qfc fights, he starts with a clean slate at Impact and his manager is doing a great job so far. He is already out of Cozad gym and bust trining his physicals to make sure he's going to be quicker than the average opponent, he's in top shape for this fight and his morale isnt too bad either, if his manager gets his fighter some new clothes I'm sure he'll see the benfit.

Osvaldo seems to be a bit of demon on the ground, against his last opponent he transitioned through his opponents guards like a hot knife thro butter, his ground and pound was deadly accurate, MCurdy also likes to go to ground and is no slouch when it comes to transitions either so it could be a huge ground battle.

My prediction: I'm going to stick my neck out here. Osvaldo has age on his side and could be better trained, and he also has the record to back it up but McCurdy has the slightly better bjj skills even tho he is only 18, I think he he gets the smallest chance, just a mistake by Osvaldo and he's quick enough, he could end it with a submission.

McCurdy by submission in the 3rd round.

205lbs Banner (2-0-0) vs La Motta (0-1-0)

Bruce "Bad Boy" Banner is an intelligent, all round fighter. Pretty good and accurate with his hands but also good with takedowns. This 18 yr old has had a great start to his career, both his fights have been with Impact and he is slowly but steadily climbing the ladder of the 205 division, knocking anyone off who gets in his way, maybe he was a window cleaner or a fireman before he started mma? Anyway, he has a great record and will be looking to keep it clean this weekend.

Jake "The Raging Bull" La Motta, only had one fight so far that was unfortunately stopped by a cut, has been making a name for himself in the smack talk. He's very confident and who wouldn't be after his last fight. Even tho he was cut and then knocked down early on, he showed such determination that he got up and knocked his opponent down and had him rocked twice, he was just unluck not to be able to find the opening he needed to finish the fight before the cut became too much for the ref to see, who stopped the fight.

My prediction: I like the guts of this new recruit, he was unlucky with his cut last time out, if he can keep his face down and his hands high I think he might be able to stop Banner.

La Motta by TKO in round 2

170lbs Rikkonen (1-5-0) vs Jensen (0-3-0)

Both these youngsters have had quite a few fights considering their age, some bad luck has definitely come in to play in both their careers but I'm wondering if morale has also played a part. Both fighter shave low morale but its difficult to tell whether thats due to the losses, the fact that Jensen is still in his might whites or the fact that Rikkonen isn't currently training even tho he has a healthy bank balance and not too long a go signed a new contract, Jensen has just 1 fight remaining, he is a real work horse but it's unsure whether his manager is going to keep him on and want a contract extension and train his fighter, he still has time on his side but it's his managers call. jensen seems to have very good takedown skills but has been unlucky not to be able to finish the fights with a submission. Rikkonen looks like he might have suffered from comminication problems with his corner as he seems to have been clinching and breaking clinch in the past. One things for sure, one of these fighters is going to walk away with a win this weekend and could kick start their career again and I wish them both the best of luck and know they will come out fighting.

My prediction: I'm going to have to go with Jensen, he has good teamwork with his corner and he's been training hard in a quality gym.

Jensen by submission in the 3rd round.

And that wraps up the last of the previews for this coming weekend.

Don't forget there is now an additional $2k per fight up for grabs, to every winner of a 100% rated fight, so get in to the cage in t