The New Players Guide to Effective Fighter Building

PSUMike

Yeah, that was me, and it's true. Learning speed and popping cardio are independent of each other. I suspect that the same applies to strength and other physical attributes, but haven't had the opportunity to test it.

well, in "real life"...a complete and total dumbass, if training at all, can get more flexible, agile, strong, etc...they aren't "learned", they're "trained"...how to put someone in a kimura or how to head kick properly is "learned" skills...which is why i agree with u on the cardio/strength thing and imagine it would be the same with the others.

that and all my guys that are currently cardio-ing are all popping once daily (2 sessions) and there's no way they're all of the same intelligence/learning speed.

Great reading for sure, thanks Mike for the work, though one question boggles my mind - why there's no template for Fedor? Would be awesome to recreate him. ^_^

Well since you can't build a fighter with Elite Boxing, Elite Wrestling, Elite BJJ, Elite Punches, Elite ground and pound, Elite submissions, and Elite defensive grappling from the start, I decided to omit him ;)

Great reading for sure, thanks Mike for the work, though one question boggles my mind - why there's no template for Fedor? Would be awesome to recreate him. ^_^

Fighters like Fedor and Machida are pretty much impossible to make as starting fighters, they are too good at everything. I tried to make a Machida and he ended up turning out to be a Bisping :P

There's enough of this sort of stuff in the multi-account thread without bringing it in here as well.

But come on...it had to be done. The guy who is telling people how to create fighters is the same guy who was illegally creating his. Just like LTD, aka The Multi-Hunter, being a multi himself. These things are just too funny to pass up.

That'd be like Jack Bauer working with the A-rabs to nuke NYC!

the cheating thing has a point in another thread but for THIS thread...the dude had multis (one of them VIP) so he has made quite a few fighters. 3 or 4 of them are really good and 2 of them are top10, top20 or some shit. i would say this "qualifies" him to start a thread about this. cheater or not, he still may have a lot of really good info...

First of all, really nice guide!

I was a little surprised about the Maia type fighter, though. I got the balance thing now, but whats the flexibility there for? When I created my first fighters, I thought it was important for the submission game, but in the wiki the examples for useful flexibility are head kicks.

Wondering if this thread will help or hurt VIP purchasing?

There are a lot cheap skates out there who dont want to pay for VIP. I personally think VIP helps you become more successful. You have more fighters to experiment with and more tools for game planning. If youre already given the keys to successful fighter building, does it hamper your desire to get VIP?

Just created a fighter using this guide, well used the start low on conditioning/strength tactic anyway so will see how it goes!

Get yourself some good stamina pills and muscle bulk pills and I promise it will work wonders. Start off doing the whole week on cardio with the stam pills, rest when he gets tired obviously, then if you are happy with where his cardio is start on a week of nothing but weights with the muscle pills.

Wondering if this thread will help or hurt VIP purchasing?

There are a lot cheap skates out there who dont want to pay for VIP. I personally think VIP helps you become more successful. You have more fighters to experiment with and more tools for game planning. If youre already given the keys to successful fighter building, does it hamper your desire to get VIP?

If you can create a good fighter, but don't have the tools to effectively develop him past his "infancy", other people with VIP that can effectively train their fighters will surpass these good builds in a short amount of time. Even poor builds can be good if given solid, directed training. IMO of course