2015 - Collected Excellence

GBK16

There was calls for another thread to be set up by a few members of the community where people could discuss potential candidates for different Of The Year awards. Following on from Verbalkint's thread last year, this is the place to do it. List of the awards for this year were confirmed earlier, and are as follows:

FIGHTER AWARDS
Fighter of the Year
KT Fighter of the Year
All Weight Class Fighters of the Year
KO of the Year
Sub of the Year
Fight of the Year
Island Fighter of the Year
Upset of the Year
Breakthrough Fighter of the Year
Fight Character of the Year
MANAGER AWARDS
Manager of the Year
CEO of the Year
Designer of the Year
Logo of the Year
Poster of the Year
Writer of the Year
Game Contributor of the Year
Forumer of the Year
Best New Manager of the Year
Smack Talker of the Year
ORG AWARDS
Org of the Year
Event of the Year
Company of the Year
Best New Org of the Year
Tournament of the Year
A.O.B
Alliance of the Year
So the floor is now open for everyone to have their say on who they think the candidates will be for different awards. The nomination threads will be opened in December, so this gives just under 2 months for everyone to get involved and for people to get clued up on who is eligible and running for the awards before nomination. As for if anybody wants to suggest awards, please do so in this thread http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50024&page=6 so as not to clog up this thread, thank you.
Note: Candidates for awards such as New Manager and New Org must have been created AFTER nominations were opened last year (1st December).
  • Upvote 5

Some of the people/fighters/companies ,... that I think did great are the following:

Fighter of the Year ( LIl Wayne ,Leo Ferreira or Jameson Connemara)
KT Fighter of the Year ( Don Marciano)
Fight Character of the Year (Liam O'Connor)
Manager of the Year ( Dinooo )
Writer of the Year (GBK , Hoarse Whisperer) But the last one of the two went pretty much inactive if I'm not mistaken.
Event of the Year ( EVO 200 )
Tournament of the Year (EPL,)
Avatar of the Year ( I have seen a ton of great avatars. There is one avatar that I created myself that I am really happy with , but I don't like to nominate myself, so hopefully someone else knows what avatar that I am talking about ;) )

Tournament of the Year - GONY would be my vote, very enjoyable to be a part of but ITFL looks very enjoyable from an outsider perspective.

Org of the Year - EVO

Fight of the Year - Highjack vs Hun, I very rarely see 5 round fights these days over the limit of 80% let alone a rating of 93%. Very entertaining fight to read

• Upvote 1

I add a few different ones for grant i suppose to get this rolling

Best New Manager of the Year: Dixie Normous (103601) Leap into top 100 and be there ever since .Started the game 2015-02-06.

Tournament of the Year: EPL i think getting name right was top class(isocrazy won it)

Breakthrough Fighter of the Year: isocrazy after winning the tournament he has to be

Writer of the year: You cant nominate yourself grant but i think you deserve it this year GBK16/Grant

Lifetime Achievement Award :Having 1/2/3 top pound for pound fighter all at the same time i think browser deserves it

Forumer of the Year: Markyosullivan i think he post have be pretty good all year and running the podcast.

Best New Org: SPI: Helsinki done very well this year

Company of the Year: Machiavelli Boutique sponsor a hell of a lot of fighters this year .
Fight Character of the Year :Lucky" Liam O'Connor.
Alliance of the Year:Vendetta(I never be that drunk ever :rolling: )The Cage Cartel looks to be kicking ass this year.
205 fighter of the year : Colin Croft be killing everybody in the division.
145 fighter of the year: Jameson "Guinness" Connemara another killer.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't have a lot of ideas for potential nominations but here are some I think deserve it:

Island Fighter of the Year: Sephiroth Jenova 11-0 (soon 12-0) in arguably the toughest division of the season.

Designer of the Year: War Pig - whenever I see a good logo, or belt, or custom trophy it's 99% of a time War Pig's design.

Writer of the Year: Grant, obviously. There was also this Kilco guy who did amazing write-ups pretty oftenly earlier this year but I don't think he's around (or active) anymore.

CEO of the Year: Callum McGregor - unparalleled dedication.

Event of the Year: HG 100 - ok it has no chance against EVO but deserves a nomination nontheless.

Company of the Year: Instinct - went dormant recently but started with a blast.

Best New Org of the Year: Havoc - after several mergers has the best roster of 260k+ID restricted orgs.

Alliance of the year: The Highland Network - if rankings and fight performance is not all that matters in alliances then this tightly knit group of Island and post-Island focused people provides.

• Upvote 2

Game Contributor of the Year ( Mike Tycoon himself . Great job on the engine changes and Buzz! )

Smack Talker of the Year ( sad to say this , but haven't seen a lot of smacktalk yet this year)

Company of the Year : Bullet proof system , I am very impressed with how great PJ has done with his company. He earns this 100% in my opinion.

Best New Org of the Year - GKNY !

• Upvote 1

I don't have a lot of ideas for potential nominations but here are some I think deserve it:
Island Fighter of the Year: Sephiroth Jenova 11-0 (soon 12-0) in arguably the toughest division of the season.
Writer of the Year: Grant, obviously. There was also this Kilco guy who did amazing write-ups pretty oftenly earlier this year but I don't think he's around (or active) anymore.

Flattered at having Sephiroth be recognised, but there were a bunch of guys who I would put in front of him right now like BJ Arnold (14-1), Serge Ibaka (18-1) and Barney Gumble (18-1).

Realistically, if Sephiroth were to remain undefeated he would go 19-0 I believe, so I wouldn't have him as a frontrunner unless he has a very impressive End of Season tournament run.

As for Writer, I would say Wolf is a guy who will be up there, and anybody who was around for the first I believe 4 months of the year would say that Hoarse Whisperer would be dominating it if he didn't have real life issues and end up burning out of writing.

Fighter of the Year - Hector Camacho/Leonardo Ferreira

MANAGER AWARDS

Manager of the Year - Dean Sutherland

CEO of the Year - Uncle Lar/Grant Brophy

Designer of the Year - John Hetfield/Bjorn O'Donnel

Writer of the Year -Grant Brophy

Lifetime Achievement Award - Lance Templeton

ORG AWARDS

Org of the Year Montreal Fight Nights (3545)/~* Troid EP *~ {210K} (iv not had a fighter in EVO so cant say if it was the best or not)

Event of the Year - EVO 200: Revelation Now

Best New Org of the Year - GKNY /Havoc

A.O.B

Alliance of the Year - The Cage Cartel (1138)

My nominations so far but still a month to go may add some onto this

Flattered at having Sephiroth be recognised, but there were a bunch of guys who I would put in front of him right now like BJ Arnold (14-1), Serge Ibaka (18-1) and Barney Gumble (18-1).

Realistically, if Sephiroth were to remain undefeated he would go 19-0 I believe, so I wouldn't have him as a frontrunner unless he has a very impressive End of Season tournament run.

As for Writer, I would say Wolf is a guy who will be up there, and anybody who was around for the first I believe 4 months of the year would say that Hoarse Whisperer would be dominating it if he didn't have real life issues and end up burning out of writing.

I thought it's only this season's Island fighters. Didn't knew last season counts. If last season counts then there's definitely more people to nominate.

I thought it's only this season's Island fighters. Didn't knew last season counts. If last season counts then there's definitely more people to nominate.

I got the dates mixed up to be honest, I thought The Island Season 3 started in December last year and not September

Gonna be interesting to see who wins the End of Season tournaments this season, as I know a couple of guys have been really impressive.

There was calls for another thread to be set up by a few members of the community where people could discuss potential candidates for different Of The Year awards. Following on from Verbalkint's thread last year, this is the place to do it. List of the awards for this year were confirmed earlier, and are as follows:

FIGHTER AWARDS
Fighter of the Year - Leo Ferreira/Jameson/Rocker - each has their own arguments i'll do something later on for the TWW of the year awards
KT Fighter of the Year - I'd need to do further looking into but Don Marciano seems like a good shout.
All Weight Class Fighters of the Year
135 - Ice Drago
145 - Jameson
155 - Camacho
170 - Rinky Rocker/Bowser Stormcrow
185 - Falcao
205 - Malkin/Croft/Love
265 - Leo Ferreira
265+ - Rinky Spider/Mellow/Rockford Knight
KO of the Year - Need to look into it more same for FOTY and Sub of the year
Sub of the Year
Fight of the Year
Island Fighter of the Year - I never follow the Island
Upset of the Year - Leo vs Rinky 2, Silas Monk vs Torquil Bram
Breakthrough Fighter of the Year - Camacho
Fight Character of the Year - Been a few decent ones
MANAGER AWARDS
Manager of the Year - Myself (not being biased but any logical way you rank manager of the year i'd be on top from previous years)
CEO of the Year - Uncle Lar/Senzo
Designer of the Year - Madness
Writer of the Year - GBK/Wolf/Steel
Game Contributor of the Year - Beck
Forumer of the Year - Meh, there a few guys
Lifetime Achievement Award (Every 2/3 years) - Lance Templeton
Best New Manager of the Year - I'd need to look into it more.
Smack Talker of the Year - Steel
ORG AWARDS
Org of the Year - Evo
Event of the Year - Evo 157 Undisputed
Company of the Year - Not looked into this enough
Best New Org of the Year - UNFC - It had some events in dec 2014 but it changed to UNFC in May i don't know if its under new ownership but meh, until i ask i'll put it in here.
Tournament of the Year - GONY
A.O.B
Alliance of the Year -
Avatar of the Year - I'd have to look through them but there are some belters out there.

I'll do a bigger one for the TWW in December.

• Upvote 1

I am not really one of those guys (which the game needs) that look through everyone else fighters or whatever so some of my limited picks may seem biased but i am just basing them on what I've seen.

FIGHTER AWARDS

Fighter of the Year: Leo Ferreira

Sub of the Year: Whoever got a TDPW

Fight of the Year: Juan Corrida vs Idio Crazy It was 2 massive underdogs for the EPL final and ended up a TKO victory for Ocrazy late in the 3rd after losing for the majority of the fight. Maybe a little biased here.

MANAGER AWARDS

Manager of the Year: Can't really argue against Dean Sutherland.

Writer of the Year: Grant Brophy

Game Contributor of the Year: Off the top of my head Mark O'sullivan for the podcast and general help here and there, also perhaps Grant as well.

Forumer of the Year: Would be KRad if he was still here. The guy speaks my mind but in a more intelligent way haha.

ORG AWARDS

Tournament of the Year: I would be happy to see either EPL/GONY/I am guessing ITFL is great.

A.O.B

Alliance of the Year: Depends how you look at it. Could go for the usual convicted because they win most months in the premier league or you could go with that bunch of 10 or so guys who started this year and got promoted every month and are now a top contender in League 1. Whats their name again? ;)

Fight of the Year: Juan Corrida vs Idio Crazy It was 2 massive underdogs for the EPL final and ended up a TKO victory for Ocrazy late in the 3rd after losing for the majority of the fight. Maybe a little biased here.
Alliance of the Year: Depends how you look at it. Could go for the usual convicted because they win most months in the premier league or you could go with that bunch of 10 or so guys who started this year and got promoted every month and are now a top contender in League 1. Whats their name again? ;)

I agree with both of those. The EPL final was pretty damn cool and it was a great ending to a great tournament. ( might be a bit biased here as well , but I really believe that it was a great one! )

As for the alliance of the year, I think the new boys on the block did an amazing job so far and certainly make a strong case for the award if they can keep their great performances going until the end of the year.

Comeback of the year just happened if you ask me : Ray Force. Make sure to check out that fight!! that was crazy!!! :o

New org: Going with Havoc as well

Designer; Going With Ryan Epicity on this one

Somebody want nominate me for some type of award for running the pick'em league? lol

I prefer one vote per award as well. Otherwise people tend to vote for the one that they think deserves it + a friend of them.

I wouldn't even have a problem with seeing sort of an objective panel that does the voting for the awards.

there is no such thing in this game as an objektive panel :D and i think it is a community award, so the whole community should be able to vote

• Upvote 1

FIGHTER AWARDS

Fighter of the Year: Leo Ferreira - Beat some big names (Rinky Spider, Rocky McColgan) this year and avenged his loss against Rocky Tyson

KT Fighter of the Year: Don Marciano - KT legend who retired this year, he lost twice this year and avenged both of those losses.

Upset of the Year: "Unchained" Django Diggs vs "Lucky" Liam O'Connor - I'm a bit biased since Liam is my fighter but with basically everyone voting against him in this fight, I think it's a worthy candidate.

Breakthrough Fighter of the Year: Lil Wayne - Undefeated in Syn and currently the Lightweight champion there. Only one loss his entire year.

Fight Character of the Year: James "Sully" McGuiness - Love the character, who else has a pub? :D

MANAGER AWARDS

Manager of the Year: Dean Sutherland - who but him beats Bowser 9-1 in an event? :D

CEO of the Year: Grant Brophy - Done a great job getting Troid ranked so highly, hosted ITFL and does a great job with write ups related to Troid

Designer of the Year: John Hetfield (done promo graphics for me and also avatars)

Writer of the Year: Grant Brophy - Fantastic write ups for ITFL and other big events

Game Contributor of the Year: Grant Brophy / John Hetfield - Both help me a lot when it comes to helping out with the Podcast. Grant co-hosts it and John edits the audio.

Smack Talker of the Year: Joe Lang - Always actively smack talking with his fighters and has a great character in James "Sully" McGuiness

ORG AWARDS

Org of the Year: Grant Brophy - Done a great job getting Troid ranked so highly, hosted ITFL and does a great job with write ups related to Troid

Tournament of the Year: ITFL is always my favourite.

A.O.B

Alliance of the Year: The Cage Cartel - Created this year I think and they're currently in Division 1 so far play. Only downside is they didn't enter a team for ITFL.