GAMMA opens in Las Vegas

Mentor

Keith Jones Interview

Question #1 You are now the 265lbs champ, who would you say is your main competition?

Answer: The 265lb division has a lot of tough competitors in it so i cant really point out just one, whoever i get matched with next is the main competition, im game for anything.

Question #2 You asked for some time off to train in Tokyo, is this due to the superior training in Japan?

Answer: After a long time of trying to find a suitable gym in Vegas, i decided to travel for training where i can get 1 on 1 coaching and sparring with great partners.

Question #3 With the last win over Han, that makes it 7 in a row, what has changed to help you gain such momentum recently?

Answer: I got new management back in late May that helped me improve where i was lacking in skills, since then i have come out on top and hope to keep up the wins.

Question #4 265lbs has never had a dominant champion, the most someone ever defended the title was 3 fights, do you think you can better that?

Answer: We will see, im not looking beyond my first title defense, one fight at a time.

Super fight announced

Ex-205lbs GAMMA champ and winner of the Syn millionaire tournament Jeremy Tonal will go up against ex-Amazon Fighting Championship champ John "Maynard" Keynes in what is already the most hyped fight in GAMMA history!

The two have recently been on fantastic form beating basically everyone in their path. The fight will headline the Bundy v David 2 170lbs event which will take place on the 2011-02-19.

In a recent analysis related to roster depth, GAMMA came first when comparing depth in the 170 to 265lbs divisions. GAMMA always focused on depth and is known to have weekends by which they hold an event per weight class. We always were the leader in total size in each division, with 24-30 fighters per weight class. Now we also lead in total fighters rated in the top 1000 per class.

Here is how GAMMA compared to the top LV orgs. Ranking in total fighters in the 1000 top:

GAMMA

170lbs - 13

185lbs - 12

205lbs - 21

265lbs - 14

Nexus

170lbs - 5

185lbs - 6

205lbs - 9

265lbs - 11

Synchronicity

170lbs - 12

185lbs - 11

205lbs - 9

265lbs - 8

Big Bang Fight Club

170lbs - 3

185lbs - 3

205lbs - 1

265lbs - 2

Elite Ultimate Fighting Championship

170lbs - 14

185lbs - 10

205lbs - 13

265lbs - 13

VENDETTA

170lbs - 5

185lbs - 8

205lbs - 7

265lbs - 13

Malicious Intent FC

170lbs - 11

185lbs - 17

205lbs - 11

265lbs - 9

Heavy Weight Prizefighting

265lbs - 10

We come second in Las Vegas for the 170 and 185lbs and first in the 205 and 265lbs. Our 205 weight class is probably the deepest in the world currently.

1st Greatest Upset

GAMMA# 111 Lewis v Junttila II

Date 09 May 2010

Erkki Junttila vs Lennon Lewis 2

Fight link:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=136745

Lewis was at the time the first dominant GAMMA fighter, on a 12 fight winning streak, 11 of which inside GAMMA. He had previously demolished Erkki in the first round a few months before, but Erkki rebounded well to win a few fights going in for his second title fight against Lennon.

Lennon Lewis had already stated that he would leave GAMMA after the title defense and had already agreed to move to MKFC in Russia, so effectively it was his last fight in the org.

The result was easily the most surprising ever as Erkki managed to pull off a shocking submission in the first round to write history.

Lennon later left GAMMA and went on to lose 4 fights after that and eventually settling as a gatekeeper at MKFC.

Erkki lost in his very next fight to the then rookie Jeremy Tonal, he shortly after moved down to 185lbs and changed manager, eventually lost 5 in a row and his contract was not renewed early in 2011, but the fight remained a moment of true history.

Question #1 Welcome back! How does it feel to be back fighting in GAMMA again?

Answer: I've fought most of my career here so it's definitely nice to be back.

Question #2 You left to compete in the Syn Millionaire tournament, the most prestigious tournament ever held, what were your feelings going in and did you ever expect to win it?

Answer: I felt at the time that I was a lot better than my record indicated and that the tournament gave me a great chance to prove it. I didn't exactly expect to win but I thought I had as a good a chance as anyone.

Question #3 Before you left you lost 2 in a row, what does that say about the competition in GAMMA?

Answer: I think it shows that no matter who you are you really have to be at your best to stay on top in GAMMA.

Question #4 You are likely to fight the winner of the Yudovich vs Metropolis fight which are currently fighting for the 205lbs title. Who do you think will win that fight and who would you prefer to fight for the title

Answer: I think Yudovich will take it, Metropolis doesn't have his striking and I don't think he will be able to get anything going the few times he gets it to the ground. Since Yudovich took that title from me I really hope he manages to keep it as I want to return the favor.

Got that one horribly wrong didn't I? I really wanted to fight Yudovich again too, was hoping to be the first to test that clinch :P

Funny i posted this one late, Sadji also got it wrong, lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadji Nosla

Question #1 You have had an impressive record since joining GAMMA, 7-1 so far, did you expect to do so well when you first joined?

Q1 : My goal joining GAMMA was always to become the champion so i kinda had to expect it out of myself and so far its going pretty well.

Question #2 Only two of your 19 fights have ever went the decision, do you expect the same in your upcoming fight against Clay French?

Q2 : No decision , it will be a TKO from a kick to the head followed by punches on the ground.

Question #3 Another win could put you in contention for the title, do you think you are ready?

Q3 : Well i wasent the first time i fought for the title but now is different and i will be walking out of the cage holding the belt.

Question #4 Yudovich is facing the relatively unknown to GAMMA fans Marius Metropolis, who do you prefer to face for the title, assuming you actually win your next fight?

Q4 : After i win this fight Yudovich will be waiting for me for sure , Marius wont be the guy to take the belt from him , i will

Einar Lee

Question #1 You have fought all over the world, how would you say GAMMA compares to some of those top organizations?

A: I think GAMMA is right up there with the top orgs. I know people initially may have looked at it as a retirement home for Syn fighters, but with fighters like Jeremy Tonal ripping the scene apart proves that there is a lot of talent here.

Question #2 Winning the Pride and Syn 170lbs titles were without much doubt great moments in your career, do you think you can do the same and win the GAMMA 170lbs title?

A: I think i can eventually. I spent a long time away from fighting before my last fight. Even before I went on my hiatus I had already stopped training and that proved to be costly as far as my career and record are concerned. Now i'm rededicated, got a good group of fighters around me and ready to see how far can go.

Question #3 Alan Bundy is the recently crowned champ, do you think he has what it takes to hold on to the title long term?

A: Sure. He is a well-rounded, tough fighter. Anyone who fights him has their work cut out for them.

Question #4 You have Hannibal Lecter in your next fight, how do you see the fight ending?

A: With me standing over the top of his unconscious body smiling.

Raz Matazz broke several records over the weekend when he beat Alexander Khalifman to defend him 185lbs title. Coming up to the fight both fighters were on fantastic unbeaten records and it was hyped up to being the biggest draw in GAMMA history. The fight never gave us a decisive winner, however Raz won the fight on points despite loosing the first round on the judges scorecard.

This was the first time any GAMMA fighter went 20 games undefeated, which is also a 2nd best overall MMA Tycoon record. Raz also defended his title for the 13th consecutive time, which is also a record. Till that point he was tied at 12 defenses with Khalifman which dropped his 170lbs title to move up to 185lbs last month.

The whole event also broke the all time record with 173.26 points taking GAMMA to #11 worldwide. What is also symbolic is that Raz Matazz also headlined the 2nd, 3rd and 4th more highly rated events in GAMMA history. Without a doubt Raz is probably the most entertaining fighter worldwide, his effective aggressive style is what has made him such a huge hit.

• Upvote 1

Moved to #6 worldwide!

GAMMA continued their run of new records last weekend when they crushed their previous event record set just week earlier by over 15 points, with a total event rating of: 188.49!!

The Main event witnessed Syn Millionaire tournament winner Jeremy Tonal beat John Keynes in a Super fight. The fight was an exciting encounter which eventually ended with a 3 round decision; Jeremy dominated most the fight and probably should have finished it in the 2nd.

In the co-main event Al Bundy defended his 170lbs title for the first time against Jan David which we beat for the second time, this time by UD.

This event pushed GAMMA to #6 worldwide which is an all time record. We also moved to second place in Las Vegas, which is an impressive feat by itself considering that LV has 7 of the top 20 orgs worldwide.

Tony Mendez Interview

Question #1 You have just beaten Hendo Han in the rematch, what do you think the difference was from the first time you met?

A: i think the first time, i got a little too high on myself.. i had a good first round, and maybe thought it would be a bit too easy.. and i just couldn't handle him when he came hard at me from the 2nd round on. this time, i was more focused, and i was intent on finishing the fight when i had the chance. i didn't want to give Hendo a chance to come back at me

Question #2 Next you have your second title fight, this time against Keith Jones, how do you see the fight ending?

A: he's obviously a good fighter.. but I'm confident i can take him down and handle him. he has powerful punches, but i don't think they'll hurt me from his back. with our styles, i see this fight ending with one man knocked out on his back.. and if i fight my fight, it'll be him

Question #3 You have just one loss since joining GAMMA, despite the competition, do you think you are about to reach your prime as a fighter?

A: i think I'm in my prime right now. i felt like i never got comfortable back at IGR, but have felt great since getting to GAMMA. its a great organization, and despite the high talent level, its letting a guy like me shine and show what kind of fighter i am

Question #4 Assuming you actually win your next fight, who do you see as the main challengers?

A: assuming i ACTUALLY win ?! sounds as if you don't think its going to happen.. maybe after i win, I'll give you the first title shot.. and we'll see if i can ACTUALLY win against you too

After failing to reach location on time for the title bout, Keith Jones was effectively stripped from the 265lbs title.

This was a huge blow to GAMMA as they were ridding strong in #6 worldwide before the event and millions of fans worldwide were eager to see Jones first title defense.

This was one of the first times GAMMA had a fight go to a no contest and obviously the only time it ever happened for the title fight (or in fact co-main event).

The only time the title was stripped in the past was when Alexander Khalifman moved up from 170lbs to 185lbs vacating the title in the process.

Frank Sinatra Interview

Q#1: At just 22y old, you have some serious experience of 13 fights so far, do you think this gives you an advantage going into fights?

A#1: I don't believe the experince is too much of an edge, I still come out to fight needing the perfect gameplan. It has helped in tweaking my gameplan to maximize my strengths though.

Q#2: Your career in GAMMA started shacky, with just 2 wins out of 5 to begin with, but you then went on a run of 6 consecutive wins, what changed?

A#2: I believe I turned it around after realizing I was being too agressive for my own good. I started letting the fight come to me and taking what was there.

Q#3: Which was the biggest win in your career so far would you say?

A#3: I would say Dwayne Hicks was my biggest win, but was disappointed I wasn't able to finish him once it got to the ground. That's something I'm going to need to do if I have any chance of taking the title.

Q#4: You will be facing the most dominant force in MMA when you go up against Matazz, do you think he has a weakness you can exploit?

A#4: Obviously a guy that is 20-0 doesn't have many weaknesses ha. I'm going to have to find a way to get him to the ground, land some strikes and choke him out. I know I'll be a big underdog but I think I can be the first to knock him off.

GAMMA#172 Metropolis v Tonal was the highest ever rating for a GAMMA event to date with 190.96 and witnessed Tonal regain his title in impressive fashion beating Metropolis by a TKO in the first round, pushing GAMMA back to #7 worldwide! This was only the second time in GAMMA history (the first being Hendo Han) that a fighter regained his title.

Tonal is likely to be moving to New York next month for a super fight vs Kane for the chance to move up to the #1 205 p4p fighter worldwide and we wish him good luck for that upcoming fight.

In the co-main event we had a surprise victory for Sadji Nosla, he beat long time GAMMA legend and ex-185 and 205 champion Yudovich in a 3 round battle which ended in a decision. Nosla had previously lost a bout between the 2, so this win was huge for his career and put him just outside the top 100 p4p in the world at 102. He will be fighting either Clem or Metropolis next month for the top contender fight.

• 3 weeks later...

Sol Tavarez has become the newest graduate from the GAMMA: Contenders last night after he signed a lucrative deal to join GAMMA.

Sol has been on great form going on a 4 fight winning streak and led the 205lbs division rankings before being promoted.

Sol Tavarez has become the newest graduate from the GAMMA: Contenders last night after he signed a lucrative deal to join GAMMA.

Sol has been on great form going on a 4 fight winning streak and led the 205lbs division rankings before being promoted.

Thanks for the intro Mentor. I hope that Tavarez can keep those Ws coming in for a long time to come!

Charles carlson last night became the new 265lbs after he decisively beat Tony Mendez in a first round TKO to claim the title.

a lot of question marks have been surrounding the heavyweight title scene ever since the title was won early in 2011, when Keith Jones beat 2 time champion Hendo Han. The first title fight was delayed for a month and when the fight was arranged against Tony Mendez, Keith Jones failed to arrive to the location on time and the title was shortly after vacated.

Charles carlson has shown a lot of promise ever since arriving to GAMMA and is on a multiple fight winning streak, currently undefeated in the organization. He will be fighting Yuudai Ryuu for his first title defense on the 23rd of April in what should be a fantastic fight between 2 on form fighters.

Cam Stroud Interview

Question #1 Your GAMMA career is about to come to an end, how does that make you feel after being with us for almost 2 game years?

It is a bittersweet feeling to be leaving the only organization that I have belonged to. I learned, my manager learned and I am sure that the management of GAMMA learned quite a bit in the time I've been a member. And while my time with GAMMA is coming to a close, I feel there will be plenty of other opportunities for me to fight elsewhere. Who knows, that may even include a return to GAMMA someday...

Question #2 You are 4th in all time wins and 3rd in all time fights for GAMMA, are you happy with your performance for the organization?

Tough question to answer. I would have to say no, I am not. Winning these fights is not an easy job to do. I believe anyone can beat anyone else on a given night. It just takes that one opening for your opponent to take advantage of and you are done. I have been lucky enough to hear the crowd roaring with excitement during quite a few of my matches. Sometimes those roars were after I got a few hits in, other times it was me getting hit. I can say it was a hell of a ride!

Question #3 Which was the pinnacle of your career while in GAMMA?

Oh man, there was this time with a few of the ring girls <Stroud's manager steps in, puts a hand over the microphone and says something to Stroud>... Ohhh you mean fight wise? I would have to say it was my title shot against Yudovich. Ya I pretty much got my ass handed to me quickly by one hell of a tough son of a bitch. But the title was there, I just didn't have what it took to grab it.

Question #4 You are leaving at a time when the 205lbs picture is the deepest ever, do you think anyone can challenge Jeremy Tonal for the title?

Challenge, sure. Beat? Well that is another story. Like I said earlier I think anyone has a chance to catch their opponent with that one strike or submission but I see Tonal hanging onto the title for some time. I understand that Tonal has accepted a fight against Jigoro Kane and they will be fighting on the 16th on a Cult of Violence card, I wish Jeremy the best in that fight. I hope he does GAMMA proud and continues his winning streak.

LaVern Shirley Interview

Question #1 You recently joined GAMMA after previously having long runs in EUFC and CHOKE, how would you rate the roster here?

Answer: GAMMA has one of the deepest rosters in the world, especially at 170lbs where you have legends like Alan Bundy, Jan david and Jack Burton fighting, i would say it far surpasses what the competition has in Las Vegas

Question #2 Many people would say your game is somewhat one sides, what is your view?

Answer: My ground game has always been my strong point, however i have a couple of TKO wins which proves i am no joke standing.

Question #3: Do you not think your weight disadvantage will be a problem? After all your fought your career so far at 155lbs.

Answer: I rely on speed and agility rather than power, so i do not think this will be a problem, time will tell.

Question #4: Who will win the next 170lbs title fight between Bundy and Burton?

Answer: Bundy won the last fight between the 2 and although Burton has been on a good run, i think this will end in similar fashion.

Raz Matazz has made the decision to move up to 205lbs!!!

Raz is the most successful fighter in GAMMA history and is THE MOST popular fighter in the world currently with 460!

Over his career he has simply dominated the opposition at 185lbs beating the likes of GAMMA legends Alexander Khalifman, Mikhail Yudovich among many others.

What separated him from the competition is the way he won his fights, 15 of the 22 total wins were clear finishes, most completed in the first couple of rounds, usually by KO\TKO.

The list of his records are truly impressive, he is currently a flawless 22-0, joint 3rd in the world for total Fight of the night awards, 1st in KO of the night, 3rd in total awards and had a simply unprecedented 15 title defenses!

The 185lbs division started to become less of a challenge so Raz made the decision to move up to 205.

The GAMMA 205lbs division was already one of the top 2-3 divisions worldwide but with Raz moving up and Tonal soon to cement his place as the best 205lbs fighter worldwide when he faces Kane in the CoV super fight on the 16th of April, this will arguably make the 205lbs division the most competitive worldwide with 15 fighters rated 100+ in Hype\Popularity.

Long time GAMMA veteran Dwayne Hicks and up and coming Frank Sinatra will now fight for the vacated 185lbs title on the 07-05-11.