1. 1. Alliance of the Year 2015

• Convicted Inc
    • The Cage Cartel
    • The Highland Network
    • Droogs: Ultraviolence
    • The Broken Halo Pride
    • Vendetta
    • Legion of Doom

Every other year you haven't been allowed to vote for your own alliance, otherwise the alliance with the most active alliance members would win every year, which would be pretty stupid.

Hmm...I agree to an extent. For awards like fighter of the year or manager of the year, I agree that you shouldn't be allowed to vote for your own alliance mates. But for something like Alliance of the year, I don't think it should matter. Of course your going to think your own alliance is the best, because to you, wins and loses aren't the only thing that defines an alliance. Its the brotherhood, which is something that outside members really can't see to be able to vote on. So I don't necessarily mind if people vote for their own alliance. To me its a minor award when compared to other bigger ones.

• Downvote 1

Hmm...I agree to an extent. For awards like fighter of the year or manager of the year, I agree that you shouldn't be allowed to vote for your own alliance mates. But for something like Alliance of the year, I don't think it should matter. Of course your going to think your own alliance is the best, because to you, wins and loses aren't the only thing that defines an alliance. Its the brotherhood, which is something that outside members really can't see to be able to vote on. So I don't necessarily mind if people vote for their own alliance. To me its a minor award when compared to other bigger ones.

Why shouldn't you be allowed to vote for manager of the year or fighter of the year when fellow alliance team mates have been nominated?

The results of the fighters managed by the managers within the alliance is something which we can judge alliances on, if an alliance is really that good, then the tips that they share within the alliance should result in good manager records for the majority of alliance members which is what we can judge the alliance on. We can also judge the alliance on the performance of their businesses.

We don't necessarily have to know or want to know what is say or not said behind closed doors. If an alliance is good, everyone outside of the alliance will know this.

• Upvote 1

Why shouldn't you be allowed to vote for manager of the year or fighter of the year when fellow alliance team mates have been nominated?

The results of the fighters managed by the managers within the alliance is something which we can judge alliances on, if an alliance is really that good, then the tips that they share within the alliance should result in good manager records for the majority of alliance members which is what we can judge the alliance on. We can also judge the alliance on the performance of their businesses.

We don't necessarily have to know or want to know what is say or not said behind closed doors. If an alliance is good, everyone outside of the alliance will know this.

I thought there used to be a rule where you had to have so many posts in the forums in order to be able to vote? To avoid guys creating fake accounts just to vote and stuff? This would probably limit a lot of LOD guys from being able to vote in itself would it not?

• Upvote 1

I thought there used to be a rule where you had to have so many posts in the forums in order to be able to vote? To avoid guys creating fake accounts just to vote and stuff? This would probably limit a lot of LOD guys from being able to vote in itself would it not?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was a rule too. Either that or their MMA Tycoon account had to be older than 3 months or something.

What are you guys worrying about and trying to come up with various things such as:

-Stop people which are new from voting

-Stop people from voting for their friends / alliance mates

You already came up with the perfect solution this year, just add us to the poll late every year when the voting is almost done. By the time we were entered to the poll Convicted already had 22 votes, which is a nice margin for anyone to cover. Do the same thing next year and you are likely to always win :-)

What are you guys worrying about and trying to come up with various things such as:

You already came up with the perfect solution this year, just add us to the poll late every year when the voting is almost done. By the time we were entered to the poll Convicted already had 22 votes, which is a nice margin for anyone to cover. Do the same thing next year and you are likely to always win :-)

I would like to have a quick conversation with you about me meddling in LOD affairs. If you have the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You are one of the 3 people on my ignore list for a reason, mainly because all you do is post abuse. I will unblock you, if you will stop posting blatant abuse spam. I am not totally certain what meddling in LOD affairs are you talking about, but i am sure you will explain.

• Upvote 3

Well if you have the majority of the voters in your alliance, then you're going to win the award under your rules, so why not just give yourself an unofficial award and just accept the rules which are set in place for the official MMA Tycoon awards which every other alliance in the game is happy with?

• Upvote 1

You know that there was less than 24 hours between the thing going up and LOD being added, the voting goes on for two weeks I believe. People can delete their votes and re-vote also, so if people thought you deserve the vote they could have voted.

• Upvote 1

Alright with all the discussion about the award and the ethics of voting for yourselves and such, there's only one real way to sort it. I sent a message to Mike Tycoon about it, and his opinion on the matter is

0016849baa336b5d955e6dabacca7307.png

Now, obviously since it could be argued against if the rule was implemented now, I followed up by asking Mike if he feels that rule should be implemented now, or next year and he said

f7758cc023a8907a755f0d1f45fa309c.png

So with that being settled, if you have voted for your own alliance, the vote won't be counted when it comes to the final tally, so you have a chance now to amend your vote.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Nobody is trying to create rules to screw you Mentor. The rule I was referring to was already created because some jackass created a buncha multi accounts 1 year to rig the awards.

And I'm sure there are people who would try recruiting a buncha noobs to their alliance just to get votes considering some of the other tactics people have attempted. In fact you strike me as just that type of person. I can hear the pitch now....
"Join LOD & you can become the next member of our pyramid scheme management team! & with your vote for alliance of the year we'll throw in a free sample of our very own penis cream! Welcome to the best alliance in MMA Tycoon" - Mentor
  • Upvote 6

Alright with all the discussion about the award and the ethics of voting for yourselves and such, there's only one real way to sort it. I sent a message to Mike Tycoon about it, and his opinion on the matter is

0016849baa336b5d955e6dabacca7307.png

Now, obviously since it could be argued against if the rule was implemented now, I followed up by asking Mike if he feels that rule should be implemented now, or next year and he said

f7758cc023a8907a755f0d1f45fa309c.png

So with that being settled, if you have voted for your own alliance, the vote won't be counted when it comes to the final tally, so you have a chance now to amend your vote.

Aww poor baby got upset and ran to Mike because LOD was getting some votes and it looked like Rabid was gonna win Rookie of the the year ... I've never met so many salty people in my life. Some of you are hilarious. These awards are a joke. You saw somebody you didn't want to win an award about to win so you bitched about it like a petulant child. I think some of you forget this is a game. But like I said, Mikes word is bond. And like I said before, I voted for LOD because nobody else would.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Aww poor baby got upset and ran to Mike because LOD was getting some votes and it looked like Rabid was gonna win Rookie of the the year ... I've never met so many salty people in my life. Some of you are hilarious. These awards are a joke. You saw somebody you didn't want to win an award about to win so you bitched about it like a petulant child. I think some of you forget this is a game. But like I said, Mikes word is bond. And like I said before, I voted for LOD because nobody else would.

Actually, I asked Mike about it because people were saying it, so nobody could complain either way. If he said you can vote for your own alliance, I would post that here much the same. I think you just pull the trigger too easily calling other people names rather than just accepting things at face value. You were the same person saying we should all be nice and get along on the forums, so don't be hypocritical now that someone is posting Mike's decision, heck he even encouraged me to emphasise it was his decision because he knows people will bitch about it.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I asked Mike about it because people were saying it, so nobody could complain either way. If he said you can vote for your own alliance, I would post that here much the same. I think you just pull the trigger too easily calling other people names rather than just accepting things at face value. You were the same person saying we should all be nice and get along on the forums, so don't be hypocritical now that someone is posting Mike's decision, heck he even encouraged me to emphasise it was his decision because he knows people will bitch about it.

Nah. I'm gonna be a hypocrite. Stop hiding behind the whole "I asked Mike about it because people were saying it". People were saying it because it was LOD. You asked Mike because it was LOD. Its okay though. We know the truth. I accept it. Like I said, Mike's word is bond. You guys just are way too funny.

• Downvote 1

Some of you people

Nah. I'm gonna be a hypocrite. Stop hiding behind the whole "I asked Mike about it because people were saying it". People were saying it because it was LOD. You asked Mike because it was LOD. Its okay though. We know the truth. I accept it. Like I said, Mike's word is bond. You guys just are way too funny.

Yeah you sure are. I know for a fact Grant would of posted it if Mike had went the other way with it and that would of been the end of it from the rules of it. After that people would been able to bitch about it as they please. However Grant is the one doing these awards and taking the heat for whatever the decision that Mike made. Whatever the decision Mike made Grant was bound to take heat from either pro-LOD or anti-LOD yet you want to ask like Grant is part of some big conspiracy.

Wanna talk about getting salty... some members of LOD are about to get salty as fuck because the creator of the game made a call.

Fairly big assumption, but let me put it this way. If any other alliance were to do it and people were to complain about it, would I have messaged Mike? Yeah I would have, so it ain't an LOD issue like you are trying to make it out to be.

As Dino said you guys were added very shortly after the rest and one is able to revote elsewhere, so nice try sonny jim. Also, I suggest you look through the list of those who voted for convicted, do you really think any of them would have voted for LOD if they were an option at the same time? Look at the list again, I see about 4 of the 34 are convicted members who voted, LOD on the other hand....

If the voters are unable to see the joyous brotherhood going on within an alliance that they are not part of then it should not be a factor when voting. I vote for what I can see and that is results and stats. LOD have been a solid div.3 (occasionally 2 i think) alliance, therefore I came to the conclusion that they are not the best.

So to stop all this bickering about who is right and who is wrong Grant went and asked the OWNER of the game to get a final decision and now that he made one you are butthurt..... It's just a game brooooo!

• Upvote 1

As Dino said you guys were added very shortly after the rest and one is able to revote elsewhere, so nice try sonny jim. Also, I suggest you look through the list of those who voted for convicted, do you really think any of them would have voted for LOD if they were an option at the same time? Look at the list again, I see about 4 of the 34 are convicted members who voted, LOD on the other hand....

If the voters are unable to see the joyous brotherhood going on within an alliance that they are not part of then it should not be a factor when voting. I vote for what I can see and that is results and stats. LOD have been a solid div.3 (occasionally 2 i think) alliance, therefore I came to the conclusion that they are not the best.

So to stop all this bickering about who is right and who is wrong Grant went and asked the OWNER of the game to get a final decision and now that he made one you are butthurt..... It's just a game brooooo!

I said he got it. Or is your reading comprehension skills too low? Although I teach history, I'm sure I could give you a few lessons to fix that if you asked nicely.

• Downvote 1

Some of you people

Yeah you sure are. I know for a fact Grant would of posted it if Mike had went the other way with it and that would of been the end of it from the rules of it. After that people would been able to bitch about it as they please. However Grant is the one doing these awards and taking the heat for whatever the decision that Mike made. Whatever the decision Mike made Grant was bound to take heat from either pro-LOD or anti-LOD yet you want to ask like Grant is part of some big conspiracy.

Wanna talk about getting salty... some members of LOD are about to get salty as fuck because the creator of the game made a call.

K.

• Downvote 1

I said he got it. Or is your reading comprehension skills too low? Although I teach history, I'm sure I could give you a few lessons to fix that if you asked nicely.

Weak material bro, i was typing while you made that comment, not that it had any real meaning to it. you just sound like a defeated man.

K.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/893/626/5ae.jpg

I hate me some unsalted fries...

Ironically enough, when I first joined LOD I remember getting this huge rundown about how crazy anti-LOD the forums were and warned not to bother posting there. I did and guess what? Aside from Castor being a troll, no one gave a shit and I had a blast. This big anti-LOD bullshit that supposedly happens on this message board is actually 'causeed by Mentor's desire to separate and isolate LOD from the rest of the game(and people's hate for Mentor himself for whatever reason they have) so as soon as something happens on the boards LOD members start to feel singled out and like there is this big vendetta(no pun intended) against them. It's not real, it's all fabricated. I have nothing against LOD but when you isolate yourself from the rest of the game you're not gonna be popular or infamous, people just flat out don't know you. Except Rabid, he's infamous to the core.

• Upvote 2

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/893/626/5ae.jpg

I hate me some unsalted fries...

Ironically enough, when I first joined LOD I remember getting this huge rundown about how crazy anti-LOD the forums were and warned not to bother posting there. I did and guess what? Aside from Castor being a troll, no one gave a shit and I had a blast. This big anti-LOD bullshit that supposedly happens on this message board is actually 'causeed by Mentor's desire to separate and isolate LOD from the rest of the game(and people's hate for Mentor himself for whatever reason they have) so as soon as something happens on the boards LOD members start to feel singled out and like there is this big vendetta(no pun intended) against them. It's not real, it's all fabricated. I have nothing against LOD but when you isolate yourself from the rest of the game you're not gonna be popular or infamous, people just flat out don't know you. Except Rabid, he's infamous to the core.

K.

• Downvote 1