Overeem?

Off the roids perhaps. He'll still needs to do TRT, but he won't be able to abuse that as much as he could've before. I think he'll be just as good at heavyweight without that massive body. It was in his head that he was wrong. He lacked the dedication, discipline and will to win. He gave up to easily. He doesn't compete in K-1 anymore and he doesn't have to Sapp to win in MMA. At times I even think he would've been better if he didn't rely on his strength as much and had better stamina instead, like in the Werdum fight. He'll still be easily the most well rounded fighter at heavyweight. And he's still big.

In another five months:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/521/75426825.jpg

Overeem is also 6 inches taller.

I think Overeem looked his best at around 240-50 lbs, because he actually had some semblance of mobility back then. 270 lbs Overeem gets butchered by JDS, but if he's significantly smaller this might be a much closer fight in my head.

He had no chin befOre the Hoids. He will get crushed now. He looks like he is dying of aids. Still LMAO at the ones who claimed his growth was natural. Now he gets popped and turns into the incredible shrinking man. People forget the mental aspect of why he choose roids in the first place. Even if you take awY their physical effect there is stil the placebo effect where they knew they couldn't compete before and are now forced back to the same person they wasn't confident in.

Also, historically fighters who lost weight or dropped a weight class have not done well at all. Many seem to lose the ability to take a punch. So we will see what effect this has on him. I think a huge one.

He had no chin befOre the Hoids. He will get crushed now. He looks like he is dying of aids. Still LMAO at the ones who claimed his growth was natural. Now he gets popped and turns into the incredible shrinking man. People forget the mental aspect of why he choose roids in the first place. Even if you take awY their physical effect there is stil the placebo effect where they knew they couldn't compete before and are now forced back to the same person they wasn't confident in.

That's possible, although he never had a bad chin (most overused term ever), but he gave up at the first time of trouble. Like you said it could be that if he loses his physique his confidence is gone with it and he'll be back to the way he was. It's still a while before he's allowed to fight again so we'll see.

If he doesn't move very much and ineffectively shells up like he did vs Werdum I can see Dos Santos knocking him out cold.

It's a whole different game if you got to worry about being taken down. I don't think that he had really any respec for Werdum's striking game either.

It's a whole different game if you got to worry about being taken down. I don't think that he had really any respec for Werdum's striking game either.

Please tell me when Overeem ever has shown good striking defense in MMA.

When did JDS? I see your point, but at the end of the day the guy competed with the best and got the better of them. Who has JDS faced who was half a decent striker?

You have JDS, who almost finished Shane Carwin and you have Alistair, who knocked out Badr Hari, perhaps the most talented heavyweight kickboxer of all time. Rogers might not be the best striker, but when Alistair fought him I got goosebumps when I saw how precisely he executed the instructions of his corner. His corner literally yelled out every punch or kick before he threw them. When he had to kick the leg they told him which leg and whether he had to land on the inside or the outside. And he landed it, ever single time. He wasn't a bad striker as a light heavyweight either. He got the better of Liddell and Rua for the majority of the fight on the feet, and now he's multiple times as good now as he was then. He doesn't make those stupid mistakes anymore that cost him the fight. Unless Alistair gasses out, which is a very real possibility, I'd say there's not a chance in the world that JDS gets the better of him. It's still a long time though. A lot can change by then.

Badr Hari, while insanely talented, was never known for taking punches very well.

Alistair has always been a very good striker, no doubt, but I feel like he's become much less mobile as he's bulked up and that will imo cost him versus someone as fleet-footed as JDS.

Badr Hari, while insanely talented, was never known for taking punches very well.

Alistair has always been a very good striker, no doubt, but I feel like he's become much less mobile as he's bulked up and that will imo cost him versus someone as fleet-footed as JDS.

JDS will get knocked out, he struggled against roy nelson come on.

Come on now. Rogers was a tire change at Wal Mart and was just a big guy. I have always felt Overeem was overrated. When he was small he seem sto be decently skilled but lacked "hiddens" or intangibles. BUt as he got bigger his skill went to crap and he just plowed through people with power.

As for his chin there were many signs of his chin being bad. Now i dont bean it is the worst ever but hell even the worst chins dont get KO'ed every fight. But Overeems is well below the average fighters. Wether he goes down easier or just gets hit hard or more often who knows. BUt the end result is he has been knocked out a lot and a very high percentage of his loss' for someone at the level he should be at. In fact he left K-1 the first time early in his career when he was KO'ed 2 fights in a row. Then went to MMA and was KO'ed by Bobby Hoffman, Shogun 2 times, Sergei Kharitonov, and Chuck Liddell. He was also stopped by strikes 2 other times by Lil Nog and Arona. In His few K-1 fights he was dropped by Bonjawski with a left hook who if i remember correctly hasnt KO'ed anyone with his hands in his last 50 fights. Hari KO'ed him in their rematch. When he won the GP he beat no one to do it. Aerts is so far past his prime it is a joke.

Overeem winning the GP the way he did was like Steve Jennum winning UFC 3. Yeah they won technically but still meaningless. Not to mention K-1 is a farce anyway. At one time it was the worlds best strikers IMO. BUt that was 8-10 years ago and they still have the same guys fighting. Even on a good year winning the K-1 GP doesnt mean much. Even at its peak there was MMA fighters Knocking out K-1 guys in K-1. I would say now the striking of MMA fighters is almost Even with K-1 now. The skills of the K-1 guys are not bad. BUt they have no athletes anymore. They cant find new talent and they have the same old people fighting. I think there is a lot of MMA guys who would raise some hell verses todays K-1 guys and do it the way MMA fighters have always done to K-1 guys and do it with pure power and ability. Dos Santos would smash half the K-1 Guys in K-1 rules without throwing a single kick.

It really bothers me to see people throw out the "World Class striker" label because someone fought in K-1. People said the same thing about Kid Yammamoto because he won a fight or two there. Well so did Tom Erickson, Rampage Jackson, Gary Goodrich, and many others. Coming in brawling and landing a KO under the K-1 rules doesnt make you a world class striker. K-1 uses rules and rounds to encourage a Toughman contest like atmosphere. Everyone is forced to come out banging because the short time limits and rounds doesnt give you time to play defense. So the nature of the rules cause everyone to be at high risk of getting knocked out by any big agressive puncher. Like when Cro Cop fights and Rogan calls him a world class striker. He hasnt been even close to world class striker in 10 years. You have to time his left high kick with a calender. You are either world class or your not. Overeem has never been that. He was never consistant under K-1 banner and his claim to fame was catching Hari who later avenged the loss and getting a decision, and getting a injured fighter in the second round and a 40 year old Aerts in the finals.

Bob Sapp did more in K-1 than Overeem did lol.

Bwek I'm really not going to read that whole thing. And reading your opinion is like listening to a broken record anyways. It's always the same shit. I always felt like Overeem could've been a lot better if he made minor adjustments when he fought at light heavyweight. If you could buy stock on a fighter I would've bought it because it was undervalued. He always showed great potential and never really cashed in on it till he got big. I think it's a confidence thing. I don't think he needs to be big as long as he keeps his head straight. Anyways he'll be the heavyweight champ if he wants to. He's by far the most well rounded fighter at HW and on top of that he's by far the best striker as well. He'll kill somebody with a knee one day.

Come on now. Rogers was a tire change at Wal Mart and was just a big guy. I have always felt Overeem was overrated. When he was small he seem sto be decently skilled but lacked "hiddens" or intangibles. BUt as he got bigger his skill went to crap and he just plowed through people with power.

He KOd Arlovski and had good fight with Fedor.

It really bothers me to see people throw out the "World Class striker" label because someone fought in K-1. People said the same thing about Kid Yammamoto because he won a fight or two there. Well so did Tom Erickson, Rampage Jackson, Gary Goodrich, and many others. Coming in brawling and landing a KO under the K-1 rules doesnt make you a world class striker. K-1 uses rules and rounds to encourage a Toughman contest like atmosphere. Everyone is forced to come out banging because the short time limits and rounds doesnt give you time to play defense. So the nature of the rules cause everyone to be at high risk of getting knocked out by any big agressive puncher. Like when Cro Cop fights and Rogan calls him a world class striker. He hasnt been even close to world class striker in 10 years. You have to time his left high kick with a calender. You are either world class or your not. Overeem has never been that. He was never consistant under K-1 banner and his claim to fame was catching Hari who later avenged the loss and getting a decision, and getting a injured fighter in the second round and a 40 year old Aerts in the finals.

Bob Sapp did more in K-1 than Overeem did lol.

Its not about have much fights you have there but what have you done there. Everyone knows that K1 HW division is the stronges on with guys like Hari Schilt and others. And have you can compere guy who have won K1 grand prix with guy who is 1-4 K1 and guy who is throwing fights there?

Overeem winning the GP the way he did was like Steve Jennum winning UFC 3. Yeah they won technically but still meaningless. Not to mention K-1 is a farce anyway. At one time it was the worlds best strikers IMO. BUt that was 8-10 years ago and they still have the same guys fighting. Even on a good year winning the K-1 GP doesnt mean much. Even at its peak there was MMA fighters Knocking out K-1 guys in K-1. I would say now the striking of MMA fighters is almost Even with K-1 now. The skills of the K-1 guys are not bad. BUt they have no athletes anymore. They cant find new talent and they have the same old people fighting. I think there is a lot of MMA guys who would raise some hell verses todays K-1 guys and do it the way MMA fighters have always done to K-1 guys and do it with pure power and ability. Dos Santos would smash half the K-1 Guys in K-1 rules without throwing a single kick.

The thing with K1 is the same as the boxing. MMA is more whys to win so 1 mistake can cost you a fight thats why a lot of people can loose with 1 stupid mistake but look at k1 and boxing they all have the same guys dominating for years and thats not because the tallent is not there just because these guys are to fucking good at what they do.

thats like Anderson is dominating at 185 so there is no good guys in that weight class but in 205 when Jones where not champion where everyone was beating every it was the most talanted divison but now when Jones is champion and no one cant beat him all these guys doest look so talanted after all.

Fighters in K-1 are less skilled than they used to be but bigger. They aren't worse. They're better. Semmy Schilt would've beaten the winners of the K-1 10 years ago as well. He wouldn't have to break a sweat. If Tyrone Spong competed in the 90's he would've been in the finals every single time.

Fighters in K-1 are less skilled but bigger. They aren't worse. They're better. Semmy Schilt would've beaten the winners of the K-1 10 years ago as well. With less effort probably.

K1 fighters are less skilled then MMA? why is that? Really guys like Badr Hari is less skilled that UFC HW fighters?