Most underwhelming overhyped fights...

MasterLeader

I was just thinking about how horrendous Lewis vs Ngannou was.

Two beasts who could KO people by simply touching their chins, Ngannou in particular looked unstoppable and like he would be the champ for years, but they put on one of the worst fights in UFC history.

Another example which pops to my mind immediately was Rampage vs Henderson Champion vs Champion (UFC 75 I think it was) - I was at that event in London and it was a terrible fight, I was only 13 or 14 years old but remember finding it so boring and the crowd hating it. Very little action. Everyone expected a KO and a classic Rampage fight, such as Rampage vs Liddell or Rampage vs Wanderlei.

Who can think of any other terrible fights which were billed (or shouldve been) as one of the all time greats?

Well, if we want to go way back, two of UFCs earliest "superfights" didn't quite deliever (to put it mildly):

Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie II and Ken Shamrock vs. Dan Severn II are two of the most boring high profile fights of the NHB era. The fact, that fights used to be short, messy and often wild makes these two lowlights truly stand out .... for all the wrong reasons.

Ive got another - Shogun Ruas UFC debut against Mark Coleman. That was soooo bad.

Kind of easy to forget really; he came to the UFC, lost to Griffin, had knee surgery to fix his knee that was fucked for ages, had to have knee surgery again, and hadn't fought in 2 years when he fought Coleman.

Kind of easy to forget really; he came to the UFC, lost to Griffin, had knee surgery to fix his knee that was fucked for ages, had to have knee surgery again, and hadn't fought in 2 years when he fought Coleman.

I mean I was only 14 at the time and remember it as one of the worst fights I ever watched

Andrei Arlovski vs Tim Sylvia 3 was a pretty big disappointment. All the Shamrock/Ortiz rematches were pretty bleh, too.

Pretty much every Rashad Evans fight after his win over Griffin.

And probably the worst fight ever, Frank Mir vs Mirko Cro Cop. That fight was appalling. I still have nightmares about it...