What the f*ck is this sh*t?

I never train my guys up to mega high cardio, I either start them off at mediocre or below then build them up to respectable by their first fight, always concentrate on building up skills while the fighter is young, and do one maybe two general circuit training lessons a week tops. Found you don't need ridiculous cardio for a 3 round fight, think slider knowledge is important factor, not to try to many takedowns if your a grappler or to many combos as a striker, as these burn up a lot of energy if your Fighter fails to execute the moves plus what advice you were given is exactly that, just advice, it's up to you if you want to take it or not...

It's not rocket science. Start with 110 cardio so you can focus on training some secondaries first then eventually(depending on long term vs fighting asap) rounding it out with some CT and sparring. Training naturally increases your cardio and it's been proven(at least in 2016) that physical learning speed is the same for all fighters and that it's more beneficial(based on a fast learner) to training focus more on secondaries then sprinkling in sparring and physicals more and more to round your fighter out. This is based on the decline in physical learning speed being less drastic than decline in normal learning speed. Of course maybe I'm full of shit.

• Upvote 2

You're right on just about everything except I think physical training speed actually differ based on fighter learning speed.

I had 4.5 learners and 7.3 learners. They both get physicials at the same rate

• Upvote 1

You're right on just about everything except I think physical training speed actually differ based on fighter learning speed.

speed is the slowest physical by far -- cant remember mikes reasoning for it that way but something about speed being the hardest physical to build in real life

• Upvote 2

speed is the slowest physical by far -- cant remember mikes reasoning for it that way but something about speed being the hardest physical to build in real life

I definitely can see that. I start all my dudes with 78(ish) in speed and only train CT's.

Agility Exceptional, 13 (20)+
Flexibility Exceptional, 13 (0)--
Speed Sensational, 14 (27)+
Strength Exceptional, 13 (25)--
Conditioning Elite, 15 (36)+
Balance Exceptional, 13 (11)-
Everything else (apart from Conditioning which starts higher than speed) catches up pretty close

Idk circuits (speed) usually boost my fighters speed up fairly quickly.

I had 4.5 learners and 7.3 learners. They both get physicials at the same rate

I stand corrected, but physicals train faster at 18 then they do at 19, 20, etc.

Probably what I was referring to.

Speed is also the least important stat in what has been a stand up dominant meta for years(counter takedown era maybe?) so it doesn't bother me none. If i made a grappler I would put all points into conditioning then 78 speed but for stand up agility gets 78... Then the first physical I train is strength to the same level then CT General until Elite++. This is only cause if I end up fighting premature you can get by a little easier with high agility and lower strength then vice versa in this agg/acc meta.

Idk circuits (speed) usually boost my fighters speed up fairly quickly.

I stand corrected, but physicals train faster at 18 then they do at 19, 20, etc.

Probably what I was referring to.

They do but the decrease in learning speed as you age isn't as drastic as secondaries.

Speed is important for countering in standup too. I don’t know about an agg/acc meta, for sure at lower weights, but I do counter damage pretty often too. Each fight’s different, especially if you can out think your opponent.

I learnt the old school way of creating with minimal cardio and strength. I think from cardiffwanderer’s guide. Still do that nowadays.

A reasonable speed learner will be 99% trained by 25, and can then do minimal training/maintaining for the rest of his career.

Someone should have told the OP to create 5 25 yr olds and unleash them in QFC or the island. But I reckon he’d have lost interest pretty quickly anyway! Surprising the anger from him though, without giving the game a chance.

• Upvote 3

Speed is important for countering in standup too. I don’t know about an agg/acc meta, for sure at lower weights, but I do counter damage pretty often too. Each fight’s different, especially if you can out think your opponent.

I learnt the old school way of creating with minimal cardio and strength. I think from cardiffwanderer’s guide. Still do that nowadays.

A reasonable speed learner will be 99% trained by 25, and can then do minimal training/maintaining for the rest of his career.

Someone should have told the OP to create 5 25 yr olds and unleash them in QFC or the island. But I reckon he’d have lost interest pretty quickly anyway! Surprising the anger from him though, without giving the game a chance.

Sheeeit. Even I made a few 22's, a 21, a 25 and an Island 25. 3 of my best fighters weren't 18 yr old "projects" cuz it just wasn't even a thing when I started...Slaughter (21) - LaVey (22, before 25 was an option) - Spliffs (19)

Marinating an entire roster is boring af. Gotta eat lol

• Upvote 1

I swear this is why Grumpy Bastard mentoring program is #1 in Philipinnes

Your 40 or so QFC wins are so key in getting you to love and want to learn. To try different stuff. By then you have good ranking pick up good FA and off you go to.

I have no idea what eras (TD spam, Punch from Bottom spam, etc) came before me and in a way I`m glad I don`t know because I see a lot of managers in the buildup to the fight already defeated, based on some presumed metagame the other noob might or might not have mastered.

Really good conversation.

Totally unrelated to this thread but our Latvian friend informed me this week that he was hanging up the MMAT gloves for good. He has been holding a private gym for Aylib`s midgets and my heavies for almost 2 years, never axed for VIP, a true champ.

#RideorDiie my good friend.

200.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Speed is also the least important stat in what has been a stand up dominant meta for years(counter takedown era maybe?) so it doesn't bother me none. If i made a grappler I would put all points into conditioning then 78 speed but for stand up agility gets 78... Then the first physical I train is strength to the same level then CT General until Elite++. This is only cause if I end up fighting premature you can get by a little easier with high agility and lower strength then vice versa in this agg/acc meta.

They do but the decrease in learning speed as you age isn't as drastic as secondarie

Every physical has it's importance and use. Try getting a takedown or pulling guard in a mid tier+ organization with bad speed and tell me how that works out for you :shades: . Also, if you like to counterstrike in the lighter weight divisions having speed, high confidence, and intelligence is a viable strategy in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

boy you are about as unintelligent as they come eh OP?

your first post talks about comparing the fights and training to real life and then you talk about why cant you fight 50 fights a day. ok man show me where in the world a professional fighter fights 50 times per day? you bash a game for reasons that make no sense, but at the same time you show that you dont have the mental capacity to play the game in the first place.

no loss with you leaving, please, let the door hit you on the way out!

The speed of this game is what makes it so great and special

100% agree, what attracted me to the game is that you could be totally immersed but dont have to play 6 hours a day or get up in the early hours of the morning to 'make a move'. I have tried a few online multi player games and always found the more you participated the more you had to until it became too much and had to can it