Boring?

kenlow73

Chuck Liddell- Never a boring fight. Fought to win and get a KO or be KO'd. Not many of these guys anymore, but he built his fame and reputation upon being a risk taker. Many of these young guys are too scared to risk it all in fights, so they become methodical and try to win rounds and what you get with a lot of these matches is both fighters are so conservative they hesitate to pull the trigger or take those risks. Thats what I've seen since I started watching MMA in the early 2000's. Pride was exciting, early UFC was exciting but sometime around 2010, those risk takers are few and far between. I'm not bashing those guys, because I understand they don't want to risk it all and get cut loose from the UFC for losses, but I think Dana knows if your exciting and pull out some good wins then he tends to keep those type of fighters around more. Think of Alex Caceres, exciting fighter, will bring it and take risks and about 50/50 win and loss record.

Chuck Liddell- Never a boring fight. Fought to win and get a KO or be KO'd. Not many of these guys anymore, but he built his fame and reputation upon being a risk taker. Many of these young guys are too scared to risk it all in fights, so they become methodical and try to win rounds and what you get with a lot of these matches is both fighters are so conservative they hesitate to pull the trigger or take those risks. Thats what I've seen since I started watching MMA in the early 2000's. Pride was exciting, early UFC was exciting but sometime around 2010, those risk takers are few and far between. I'm not bashing those guys, because I understand they don't want to risk it all and get cut loose from the UFC for losses, but I think Dana knows if your exciting and pull out some good wins then he tends to keep those type of fighters around more. Think of Alex Caceres, exciting fighter, will bring it and take risks and about 50/50 win and loss record.

Couldn't agree more John, cody garbrandt falls into this category too ko or get kod, there is a few still around

• Upvote 1

You, me and David Septim. Anyone else?

Me, Tony, Legend, maybe Hector (?). Idk, a couple others were running ESO on xbox console post-release. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an old forum post somewhere.

I made the THC or TMC (can't remember)... Talos Hero/Mercenary Company and we had 100+ members at one point iirc. tbh wasn't big fan of ESO. idk if it got any better. but Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim were the shit.

Mike pls let me make a khajeet fighter

where'd Mannetosen come from?

Or a guy gets a girl drunk, wait that’s where humors came from...

• 2 weeks later...

Main character was always an Imperial or a Nord... still, long live M'aiq the Liar.

I went Orc. Rage special ability was so fun.

To answer the OP though, yes there are definitely some boring ass fights, and I catch the vast majority of events, so I'm not a casual. I personally enjoy the tense, technical counterstriking that some call boring(Big Chida Fan), but there have been some horrible striking fights(Lewis-Ngannou is probably one of the worst I've seen). I'm generally more bothered by lay and pray/clinch stall types, but even there I have a high tolerance compared to the average fan. However, is anyone going to claim they get more hyped by seeing someone like Usman or Merab on the card over an action grappler like Brendan Allen or Chris Weidman? All types of grappling can be exciting with the right matchup, but the most interesting are the ones who take their opponent to the ground to do damage.

Usman's style is definitely on of the more boring for me, although at least in the Woodley fight he actually did damage in the clinch. This fight he seemed skittish of the striking and mostly just stalled. It was boring as hell IMO. Effective though, so I can't hate on it, I just hope they give him good grapplers or guys who can counter of the back foot from now on. I don't want to see another defense that plays out like Usman-Masvidal.

Snoozeman is typically a boring fighter imo but Colby vs Usman was one of the better championship fights of all time.

Usman's style is definitely on of the more boring for me, although at least in the Woodley fight he actually did damage in the clinch. This fight he seemed skittish of the striking and mostly just stalled. It was boring as hell IMO. Effective though, so I can't hate on it, I just hope they give him good grapplers or guys who can counter of the back foot from now on. I don't want to see another defense that plays out like Usman-Masvidal.

I like Burns odds vs Usman. Looking forward to it actually. I don't think fighters "resist" the cage control as much when they're not being damaged or threatened.