Noobs guide to game planning fights

AlexiZaitev

Im obviously not going to teach you everything that more experienced players use in their fights but i will give you some tips to what i use to set my sliders for fights. all these tips work best at low-mid level orgs just fyi.

1) Look at your opponents primaries, if boxing is his highest followed by wrestling, your probably looking at a sprawl and brawler, so he is looking to stand and bang with you while stuff as many of your take downs as possible. If his highest is MT followed by anything but wrestling, he is probably a kicker, if wrestling is his second highest, probably a clincher. If wrestling is his highest, probably a LnP or GnPer, his second highest will probably be BJJ or boxing. If BJJ is his highest...well thats pretty obvious.

2) Look at your opponents previous fights if he has any, read through the text carefully to see what moves he did to better understand his secondaries. What i did before i got VIP was that i made a list of all possible moves and everytime my opponent attempted one, i would write it down and keep track of his success ratio for a given move. By that success rate for that move, you can guesstimate what that secondary is, whether its high, low or average.

3) The best way to game plan for fights is to get VIP, it makes it a lot easier on yourself.

Yes these tips are pretty basic but i know i would have liked to get them when i first started to play this wonderful game. Some older players might disagree with me making this topic because it appears that im trying to tell noobs how to set their sliders and make it harder for us older payers to get wins against them. All i am trying to do is make it easier for new players to stay with this game by helping them get a few wins under their belt...everyone would agree that losing sucks.

Edit: I know i did not mention how to combat the opponent for each possible style but i leave that up to you, the manager to decide how to best maximize your fighter's strength while minimizing the opponents. That is the best advice i can give, in every fight your have, neutralize your opponent's strength while maximizing yours.

• Upvote 5

just doing what i can to help, i dont want to see people leaving this game just after starting it because they lose a few fights. thats the biggest thing about game planning for fights, most of it is common sense at low-mid level orgs, as you get higher up then game planning gets more difficult, however one thing ive seen is that most of the top orgs have fighters who have high skills, but they are mostly for defense, like probably 50-60% of the top fighters in this game are purple belts in BJJ to prevent being submitted. they also usually have wonderful or higher for their other primaries. this may not be entirely true for every fighter, but in general this is something that i have noticed from watching high level orgs fights.

Edit: Just to be sure i am not saying the defensive thing is true of every top fighter, but almost every top fighter doesnt have a completely balanced attack, most mainly throw punches or kicks, few fighters in this game have a true balance of both kicks and punches and are effective with both

Thanks, I have my first fight today and this information is helpful. I have been pretty much been following these guidelines but it nice to know I’m think along the right lines. I purchased the VIP membership shortly after I joined (had aspirations of running an organizations until I saw how complicated the game was and then decided I would take some time to understand the intricacies of the game) so I not too familiar with what is not available but I’m sure I have been using these premium tools. I do have some questions.

First, do you fight to your fighter’s strengths or to your opponent’s weaknesses? Being that my fighters are new and not as well rounded I will probable stick to my strengths. In addition most of my opponent’s skills are hidden and those are just educated guesses. As the fighters grow and progress this detective work is much more important as to discovering your opponent’s tendencies for deciding how to counter. As wells as analyzing their weaknesses as to know how to attack. I guess what I’m trying to say is that assessing your opponent is more important when your fighter is not so one dimensional and you can affectively attack there weaknesses and for me just starting out I should play to my own fighters abilities. Is that a correct assessment?

Last, my fighter is fighting in New York and I was wondering if the PM training session will have an impact on my fighter. The fight takes place at 6pm local time and training seems to take place 5pm local time. Will I get the benefit of one more session of rest?

Thanks again for the help!

Last, my fighter is fighting in New York and I was wondering if the PM training session will have an impact on my fighter. The fight takes place at 6pm local time and training seems to take place 5pm local time. Will I get the benefit of one more session of rest?

Yeah, if you have a training session prepared for the pm slot it will get used by the fighter, so a good idea would be not to utilize it for training as you would like your fighter to come in as close to (I prefer exactly at) 100% energy as possible.

Yeah, if you have a training session prepared for the pm slot it will get used by the fighter, so a good idea would be not to utilize it for training as you would like your fighter to come in as close to (I prefer exactly at) 100% energy as possible.

That’s what I was hoping for. This last session will bring him to 100%. Thanks for the clarification.

First, do you fight to your fighter's strengths or to your opponent's weaknesses? Being that my fighters are new and not as well rounded I will probable stick to my strengths. In addition most of my opponent's skills are hidden and those are just educated guesses. As the fighters grow and progress this detective work is much more important as to discovering your opponent's tendencies for deciding how to counter. As wells as analyzing their weaknesses as to know how to attack. I guess what I'm trying to say is that assessing your opponent is more important when your fighter is not so one dimensional and you can affectively attack there weaknesses and for me just starting out I should play to my own fighters abilities. Is that a correct assessment?

I would say so. It's easier to fight a fight when you're well-rounded because you would have more advantages in areas that your opponent doesn't have. I'm learning not to take the risk of losing because my strengths are similar to my opponents but rather attack the weaknesses that I have clear advantages in and go for the W. But for the most part, I would play to my strengths in your case.

Thanks, I have my first fight today and this information is helpful. I have been pretty much been following these guidelines but it nice to know I’m think along the right lines. I purchased the VIP membership shortly after I joined (had aspirations of running an organizations until I saw how complicated the game was and then decided I would take some time to understand the intricacies of the game) so I not too familiar with what is not available but I’m sure I have been using these premium tools. I do have some questions.

First, do you fight to your fighter’s strengths or to your opponent’s weaknesses? Being that my fighters are new and not as well rounded I will probable stick to my strengths. In addition most of my opponent’s skills are hidden and those are just educated guesses. As the fighters grow and progress this detective work is much more important as to discovering your opponent’s tendencies for deciding how to counter. As wells as analyzing their weaknesses as to know how to attack. I guess what I’m trying to say is that assessing your opponent is more important when your fighter is not so one dimensional and you can affectively attack there weaknesses and for me just starting out I should play to my own fighters abilities. Is that a correct assessment?

as your fighter's grow you want them to have multiple weapons, you dont want them to be purely one dimensional strikers, ideal you want some clinchwork and ground abilities as well as striking in order to take the fight anywhere you can in order to win the fight. so if your making a 25 year old fighter, id give him wonderful punches or kicks, at least competent clinchwork and high TDD and defensive grappling so if the fight goes to the ground you are able to avoid being pounded out or submitted. if you look at my fighters, almost all of them are 25 year olds, and those that arent are tournament fighters for the most part. so when your fighters are one dimensional you have to go with that strength because otherwise you lose, however do not make your fighters equal in every primary and secondary, its best to have 2 main skills/area of proficiency. this is covered in the creating fighters guide

Honorable pdpreuss21, u would pe surprised to find out that some of my fighters r not that congruent as u say in your post. Actually they are pretty weird fighters, for example there's one that has higher striking defense skill but woeful agility and speed, i'm wondering how is dodging punches and kicks without those lol

I'm not claiming that i did this on purpose for confusing opponents, but because i didn't know what strinking def is, tho it's pretty self explantory

So beginner players might have some pretty weird built fighters :D your post is useful tho, thx for the tips ;)

just a bit on this

money makes the world go around , its an old saying

but in mmatycoon ,its not worth anything unless you use it

and if you have it , spend every penny on the best possible trainning you can get for your fighters

anything you invest in gyms will pay back in the long run.

if your non vip its harder to gather money , but not impossible , it will take some work however on your part

make as many friends as possible , you will be suprised how generous people are when they know you are going to stick at the game.

and last but not least , aim your fighters at the actual level they are , what i mean is , dont sign him to an org that you have no hope of competing in

look for the lower ranked orgs to start off , they will be glad to have you , and you have less chance of a missmatch

• Upvote 2

Great read even for veteran managers to brush up, too often people get comfortable with sliders and do the same thing in every fight untill they start to loose... then when all else fails it becomes clear to them... the game is broken :P

Anyway fantastic read for players of all levels +1 for the effort been put in by the OP to help others.

i really appreciate that tempest and TK, considering that you guys have been around here a lot longer than i have and sometime in the near future ill be making a post about specific stand up strategies (without exact %'s of course) but its going to be a general guideline for how to set your fighter to fight in a specific way when it comes to stand up, im waiting for responses from my alliance mates about it before i post it here

Great read even for veteran managers to brush up, too often people get comfortable with sliders and do the same thing in every fight untill they start to loose... then when all else fails it becomes clear to them... the game is broken :P

Anyway fantastic read for players of all levels +1 for the effort been put in by the OP to help others.

Classic!

one more thing, when you look at your opponents skills, know that he will more than likely be doing the same so if you become repetitive in your strategy you will being to lose fights, you must be able to change your game plans with every fight, you can not get lazy with this if you want to climb the ranks of the manager list, you must stay committed to winning, stay committed to the game. i hate to sound like the only way to be successful is by doing this for every fight, im just saying to have a 2:1 win to loss ratio you almost certainly have to do this until you get really good fighters and then you can just wing it if you so choose

one more thing, when you look at your opponents skills, know that he will more than likely be doing the same so if you become repetitive in your strategy you will being to lose fights, you must be able to change your game plans with every fight, you can not get lazy with this if you want to climb the ranks of the manager list, you must stay committed to winning, stay committed to the game. i hate to sound like the only way to be successful is by doing this for every fight, im just saying to have a 2:1 win to loss ratio you almost certainly have to do this until you get really good fighters and then you can just wing it if you so choose

If this is what's needed to win, then it should be said. You only get out of it what you put into it and if you're lazy with it, then you might as well stop playing. Your posts are helping me because I'm taking it into consideration and putting forth the effort to make my fighters win. I think I speak for everyone when I say, I don't want to lose so thanks!

if you dont view this game as your craft and do not work at bettering yourself at it then dont even bother playing, even the best managers in the game have things to learn and i hope this topic helps managers get wins because that is the whole point of this topic, is to help managers win