GAMMA opens in Las Vegas

Mentor

On 6/13/2022 at 12:29 AM, Icon73 said:

Gamma has always been apart of Vegas. Its like if the UFC moved its base of operations to fight island

Well, you rarely see an org being based in lets say Montreal and run all their events out of New York. This is the same with us, we were based in Vegas but run all our events out of London, so it was really just a formality, in practice we have been a London org for years now. 

15203335996178.jpg
Hiro Manowaru
38-13-0
68 p4p

Old but gold (again)? Who knows. 
All that I know is that I'm on a five fight winning streak and have my title shot booked in for this weekend, against beast Karim 'Carnage' Johnson, who is 2-0 against me. 
He beat me on points and by knockout already, what more can this f*cker to me..?!? 
I honestly respect the guy so much and honestly don't know yet how I'll set myself up for this fight, but I'm pretty sure this is my last opportunity to reclaim my Gamma-belt and I'll give it my best shot. If I come up short, I'm still pretty sure that I'll be considered a legend anyway. 
May the best big boy win and the fans have a bonkers evening! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I am proud to announce that Afeef Isa Baba (273881) has been inducted to the GAMMA Hall of Fame!

Afeef Isa Baba was managed by GAMMA legend Whymer Van Mastodon (40116). Upon retirement he was ranked #32 among all GAMMA fighters with 175 total points and the 6th highest ranked ever at 170lbs. 

A former #11 ranked fighter in game, he is a 2 time 170lbs champion and competed for the 170lbs title on 5 occasions. He is also a 9 time winner of the fight/finish of the night.

This induction means that Whymer now has a record 6 fighters in the GAMMA Hall of Fame. Gale Hawthorne is next with 5 fighters, nobody else has more than 3 fighters. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2022 at 2:20 PM, bjornmma1 said:

15203335996178.jpg
Hiro Manowaru
38-13-0
68 p4p

Old but gold (again)? Who knows. 
All that I know is that I'm on a five fight winning streak and have my title shot booked in for this weekend, against beast Karim 'Carnage' Johnson, who is 2-0 against me. 
He beat me on points and by knockout already, what more can this f*cker to me..?!? 
I honestly respect the guy so much and honestly don't know yet how I'll set myself up for this fight, but I'm pretty sure this is my last opportunity to reclaim my Gamma-belt and I'll give it my best shot. If I come up short, I'm still pretty sure that I'll be considered a legend anyway. 
May the best big boy win and the fans have a bonkers evening! 

It was a valiant effort at the biggest stage

On 8/29/2020 at 8:25 PM, thb said:

Thomas Bolleke Vs Latrobe Arundel TEASER

By Alika Webb

14829606845328.jpg Vs 15367124323353.gif

Thomas Bolleke Latrobe Arundel

“Come on, Mentor,” I whisper, burying my head in my pillow. “You can do it. If we can get this match against Arundel, we will be writing history.”

I let thoughts drift through my mind, hoping that Mentor’s negotiating skills will pay off once again. Hoping that he’ll get the super fight I’ve been craving for so long.

My eyelids like shutters closing down, I enter the night.

A soft buzzing disturbs the silence, it grows louder and louder until it is screaming into my ear. The painfully annoying whining sound of a bloodsucking flying monster that can make even an elephant awake from his slumber with his mighty tusks at the ready.

I jump out of bed like a freaking ninja, fists locked and loaded like a pro boxer.

Pointy ears like a rabbit, I stealthily glide through the darkness. The buzzing sounds fainter but is still there. I wasn’t dreaming, there’s a mosquito in my room!

A stampede to the light switch. The light turns on, the buzzing stops. We got ourselves a missing flying monster. This is a case for detective Bolleke. I got my mind made up, one of us will not make it through the night. This will be a locked-room murder mystery that will not be hard to solve!

An hour long I don’t move an inch, like a tiger lying in wait, ready spring upon my unsuspecting prey. Unfortunately, the buzzing never comes back.

My eyelids growing heavy, I crawl back into bed, turning the lights off.

As soon as the light turns off, the buzzing starts again.

Who needs light when you’ve got the eyes of a tiger? I open my eyes, peering into the darkness. More senses come to live. The buzzing, the breeze of the wind as that little monster brushes by me.

“Let’s do this,” I whisper before shouting my battle cry from the top of my lungs, “THOMAAAAAAS BOLLEKE!”

I take a deep breath. Focused and ready, I listen.

Buzzing near the closet, I don’t hesitate.

CRASH!

My fist smashes through the closet, splinters pierce my skin, ripping my arm to shreds.

A buzzing sound flashes by my ear. I missed!

I rip some wood from my closet with pure adrenaline running through my veins. I grip one big piece of wood and swing it like a club.

The club hits nothing but air. Of course not, I’m swinging in the dark here.

“Let there be light,” I proclaim, rubbing pieces of splintered wood together like a caveman. After a few minutes, fire arises from the remains of my closet, lighting up my room like a cave in the days that dinosaurs still roamed the earth.

I rip another stick of splintered wood from my closet, peering into the shadows.

Movement in the flickering light of the fire. I throw the stick like a Major League pitcher. My throw misses the mosquito by a hair’s breadth. It bounces off the wall and gets thrown back at me like a boomerang.

The stick hits me right on the top of my head. I’m seeing stars, stumbling backwards.

I curse, grabbing the stick and throwing it with rage.

Glass shatters. I just smashed my own window. “Son of a …”

Something warm streams over my face, pausing my thoughts. I touch my face and look at it. “Blood,” I whisper. “My blood? My blood!”

“Where is that little bloodsucking bastard!” I shout, my veins early bursting out of my skin. I smear the blood all over my face like war paint and keep my eyes and ears wide open.

A buzzing sound near the door.

“I got you now!” I whisper, bracing myself.

The mosquito is perched on my door. It’s lounging around, watching me, laughing at me. Well, it won’t be laughing for long.

I can’t just lunge at it, it’s too far away, it will fly away before I have a chance to strike. I glance at my bed, it’s away from the door but it’s close enough that I can jump from it to the door in a single motion. I smile.

I jump on my bed, use it like a springboard and catapult my foot Anthony Pettis-style towards the door.

The mosquito doesn’t stand a chance. On second thought, neither does my door. Oh crap!

CRASH!

I let the events of the night play in my head like a movie as I crawl under my blanket and let the night whisk me away.

My phone starts to ring softly.

I open my eyes and exhale softly, the night has been good to me. Fighting and beating the mosquito was a dream, I’m sure of it. It was simply a figment of my imagination, a way of dealing with something that I can’t control, namely getting the super fight against Arundel.

The phone’s ringing intensifies.

“Mentor!” I shout.

I turn on the light, grab my phone. I pick up. I’m so excited, I’m ready to jump out of bed. I pause, my foot hovering above the floor. I gulp.

Excited words blast through the speakers of my phone but they just go in one ear and out the other. My eyes dance to and fro.

Broken glass litters the floor, my closet is smashed into toothpicks, the remains of a fire still smoldering inside, the walls are painted with blood and a foot-sized hole in the door greets me with a sinister smile.

“Thanks Mentor, you’re the best!” I say, putting my phone down.

Two scenarios run through my mind. Either I’m really fighting Arundel next and my room is destroyed or I’m still sleeping.

I laugh, turning off the lights and covering myself again with my blanket. “Me fighting Arundel? Hahaha. Of course I’m still sleeping.”

Don’t miss GAMMA#855 Bolleke v Arundel. The two highest ranking middleweights in the MMATycoon world collide in a super fight for the ages!

Watching Man Vs Bee right now on Netflix. I thought the concept of a man fighting off a flying bug sounded quite familiar. I wonder why?

35 minutes ago, thb said:

Watching Man Vs Bee right now on Netflix. I thought the concept of a man fighting off a flying bug sounded quite familiar. I wonder why?

Interesting, i did not know that Man was played by Mr Bean! I think i will have a look at that series over the weekend.

1 hour ago, Mentor said:

Interesting, i did not know that Man was played by Mr Bean! I think i will have a look at that series over the weekend.

If you like Mr Bean and Blackadder, chances are you won’t regret it. It’s silly, completely over the top and simply fun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thb said:

If you like Mr Bean and Blackadder, chances are you won’t regret it. It’s silly, completely over the top and simply fun.

I watched the whole series yesterday on Netflix (they are very short, it it was like watching a film). Yeah, it is in the similar mold, i think it was very similar to Mr Bean, just with more talking, some of the jokes from that series were here as well (he had a series in Mr Bean where he was fighting a fly if you remember). I would say that Mr Bean overall was better, but this was pretty good if you like over the top, silly British comedy. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Daudy said:

I absolutely cannot believe the result of the Joosep vs Magomaevaboff fight.

Joosep probably on track to win it on the scorecards until a headkick finish by Magomaevaboff at 4:59 in the third and final round.

Absolutely nuts.

Shocker of the year so far.

• Upvote 1

I have created a list of the greatest GAMMA managers by winning percentage. I only added managers who had at least 30 wins in GAMMA, here is how the managers ranked (i rounded the statistics to the nearest %):

Grund McGrunderson (3341)    0.85
Richard Davenport (10647)    0.80
David Brent (104382)    0.73
Bwang Jong Sr (91781)    0.71
Billy Arseworth (74054)    0.68
Barnabas Sackett (2183)    0.67
John Coffey (93474)    0.66
Gale Hawthorne (22636)    0.66
Choose Life (3393)    0.64
Ed Minasian (59992)    0.64
Jack Smith (7552)    0.64
Laz Staz (82447)    0.62
Action Jackson (123097)    0.61
John McGuirk (1306)    0.61
Face Kicker (2965)    0.61
Blake Phoenix (105403)    0.60
Klatz Matz (46802)    0.60
Digga Dogman (91254)    0.60
Carlos Castenada (84794)    0.59
Brad O'Neil    0.59
Whymer Van Mastodon (40116)    0.59
Pawel Ufcowski (52087)    0.59
Bear Stevenson (81194)    0.58
Doug Heffernan (10852)    0.57
Seppo Koskinen (2820)    0.57
Grumpy Bastard (102643)    0.57
Gritty Smitty (1206)    0.56
Bobby Heyman (99756)    0.55
John Bravo (50889)    0.55
Igor Psycho (6994)    0.54
Bloody Gutz (3074)    0.55
Runt . (108617)    0.53
Hunter Jones (38476)    0.53
Bjorn O'Donnel (94172)    0.52 
Thor HGH (24686)    0.52
Joe River (13987)    0.52
Kostas Tsaq (6108) 0.52
Power Shark (94407)    0.52
Central Park Wigan (27741)    0.52
Randall McSweeny (14361)    0.52
Rodrigo Rojas (101547)    0.51
Marky Mark (22640)    0.51
Dom Jaehnke (20196)    0.51
Alika Webb (62511)    0.50 

It is extremely difficult to compare people based on this criteria because many of the managers competed at totally different times. GAMMA was not always a PPV level organization we held 354 events as a ID and then mid level organization (we have over 900 events now). The top 2 managers competed mostly in the early stages.

Another key component is sheer volume of fights. It is hard to compare a person who has 30-40 wins and somebody who has 150 or 200 wins. David had 60 wins, so he is closer to the lower end of this comparison.

Another factor is that some managers on this list had just 1-2 fighters with long careers in GAMMA. So they rank very highly, but mostly that is due to their great fighter(s). Again, it is easier to do well with one great fighter, but to consistently rank high with 5-10 fighters, that is mostly down to the manager.

If we are comparing managers who competed in the PPV era and have the volume to back it up, then without too much doubt, Bwang Jong Sr (91781) is the king of these rankings. Gale Hawthorne (22636) and then Laz Staz (82447) would rank 2nd and 3rd. 

Either way, this is an interesting comparison. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Damagon Encherya (326581) HOF INduction

Managed mainly by Bwang Jong Sr (91781) and to a lesser extent Igor Peixoto (72408). Damagon is a 2 time 205lbs title winner and a 2 time GAMMA Contenders winner. 

He competed for the GAMMA 205lbs title on 11 occasions. In total he had 29 fights for the organization as well as an extensive career in the Contenders early in his career and towards retirement. 

His total of 215 ranking points rank him as the 17th greatest fighter in GAMMA history. He also competed at a time when many of the GAMMA 205lbs all time greatest fighters competed and he had big fights against the likes of Robert MacArthur Jnr, Joosep Lohmus, Thomas Bolleke, Song Turillo, Ryan Dinu among others. 

This induction also moved  Bwang Jong Sr (91781) to the #7 all time GAMMA list of managers.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

GAMMA Surpasses 300 super fights!

GAMMA has always been the go to place in terms of Super Fights. The definition of a "super fight" is essentially a fight between 2 organizations. Usually it  is the champion of a particular division, however it could also be between 2 top level fighters. In more recent times the official definition is a fight between 2 organizations who are ranked in the top 100 and there is even an official "Super fight league" in the MMA Tycoon forum, where such fights are recorded.

Super fights became such a popular part of the game, that the game actually created a "loan feature", where an org can send a fighter for an X amount of fights (usually 1) to another org. This was done to protect the fighter from being poached on Free agency after the super fight was completed.

Booking or arranging a super fight is often a long and painful process. Lots of negotiations that usually need you to agree upon an exchange. Finding the appropriate exchange fights often takes time as well, some time orgs could owe you a fight for months. Negotiations could be tedious to say the least, but end of the day, super fights are vital parts of the game, because without them, we will never truly know who the best fighters in the game are. 

During our first year, GAMMA was a smaller organization , which basically avoided such fights. Our first fighter who decided to go on the super fight path was none other than Jeremy Tonal (31632). Jeremy went on to win the very first Millionaire tourney back in 2010, beating Zirry Swan, Jerry Millen, Earl Lee Swagger, Johnnie Stalker, Rolen Spliffs on to win the Tournament. He ended his career with a 17-3 super fight record (2 of those losses came in his last 3 fights). In terms of super fight history, Jeremy is our most successful fighter to this very day and most likely the most decorated super fighter in the whole game's history. 

Our overall all time super fight historical record stands at 187-114-4. Our winning % of 61.31% would rank 6th all time, if GAMMA was actually an alliance. Funny fact is that GAMMA actually has more super fights than one of those alliances above us has total fights 🙂

In terms of rivalries, GAMMA has had many memorable rivalries with other organizations. One of our longest rivalries was with GAMMA vs IMMA (later they were renamed to Evolution) our all time record against them stood at 22-7. We also had long term rivalries with GAMMA vs Nordic Fire Championship 9-3, GAMMA vs TTFC 13-10-0, GAMMA v Versus 9-4-0, GAMMA vs Aggressive Damage 12-4-1. Our all time worse winning % against an organization with at least 10 fights in total is GAMMA vs CEC 10-17-0.  

But our biggest rivalry is the one still going on to this day, which is against our old buddies Syn. They have changed their owners about a dozen times since 2009, but we still manage to arrange the odd super fight to this day. Our record against Syn stands at 21-26-2. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, thb said:

Damn! Congrats. That's a really strong win rate, especially for super fights.

It's really exciting to participate in super fights and they do bring something fun to the overall enjoyment of the game.

Yeah, it is kind of boring when there is none of them 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

GAMMA: Bill Newton (301368) HOF Induction

Managed by GAMMA HOF manager Kostas Tsaq (113079), Bill Newton has probably one of the best "rise from the dead" stories in GAMMA history.

Bill spent the early part of his career on the regional scene and was part of the Duel buyout back in early 2019. He was not good enough to join the main GAMMA roster, so he participated in our GAMMA Contenders. He went 3-1-1 there, also gaining the Contenders title at 185lbs, earning him a promotion, however his first stint in GAMMA was terrible, losing his 4 fights for the org, so we sent him down to the Contenders again. 

At this point you would think that most likely Bill wont make it, but he grinded away, going 6-2 and winning 4 in a row, earning him his second call up to the main roster. He did much better this time round, but he always seemed to fail in the big fights, losing to Thomas Bolleke twice in his title shots.

His big break came again, after Thomas lost the title to Anthony Falcone. Bill had already lost to Anthony, but a draw then win in their rematch, secured the title! He defended his title on 2 occasions against former champs Papa Moosh Dambullah and Dag Daghammar. He eventually lost the title to Anthony in their rematch and eventually retired a few fights later, but Bill's story will remain as one of the big inspirations to future fighters.

His total of 174 ranking points, places him 34th in the all time list of greatest GAMMA fighters.
  • Upvote 1

On 5/30/2022 at 7:25 AM, Mentor said:

Joosep Lohmus vs Song Turillo is the greatest MMA Tycoon rivalry of all time and here is why!

Here is the key criteria which proves this point:

Quality of Managers:

Joosep was managed by 2 managers during this rivalry and both are in the MMA Tycoon Hall of Fame! Alex K. (84400) was his original creator and signed him up to GAMMA in the first place. He went 1-2 in GAMMA and his second fight in the org was against Song.

Billy Arseworth (74054) Took over after that and the majority of this rivalry was under his watch. Billy was also voted as the manager of the year back in 2017 and is in most peoples books a top 5 or 10 manager of all time in this game.

Song is also managed by a MMA Tycoon Hall of Famer! Also the manager of the year back in 2016. A top 10 manager at least in all people’s books. He is also the greatest manager of all time, currently in GAMMA’s history.

So you have 2 fighters managed by 3 of the best managers ever. How many times do you have 3 top level managers involved in a 1 on 1 rivalry?

Quality of the fighters

Joosep’s highest ranking is #6, Song’s highest ranking is #7. Both are likely going to end up in the GAMMA hall of fame. Joosep is also the 2017, 205lbs fighter of the year. So it is a rivalry among 2 top level fighters.

I know there have been rivalries (such as Kilo vs Karim recently), where we had 2 fighters who were higher ranking, but if we take the totality of all the criteria, there has never been a rivalry at this level before.

Quality of the Org

They are doing this all during a time when GAMMA was a top 3-4 org, PPV level. GAMMA is also one of the oldest running orgs in the game and our 205lbs title has been around since 2009. So this is happening at the highest or one of the highest levels in the game. I am pretty sure if we did deep somewhere in the regional or ID level, we had had some great rivalries, but among PPV level organizations, this is by far a unique case.

Length of the rivalry

This is a rivalry going back to 2019-11-02 and it is ongoing still. Their latest fight was last weekend, May 2022!! That is an ongoing rivalry of 2 ½ years!

Most high end rivalries could go on for a year, especially in top level organizations, because in most cases these fighters are peaked when they join. You rarely get 2 peaked fighters and future legends, join an org like GAMMA early, end up fighting as soon as they join and keep it going.

For something like this to actually happen, you usually need an ID level org and get them to fight each other, when they are just starting out.

The sheer quantity of fights between each fighter

At the moment of writing this article, they have already competed 7 times. Their 8th fight will take place in June 2022 and the funny thing is that this could not be over! Most likely it is, but Song is 36 and Joosep is 37, both are top 50ish level fighters. We had fighters compete in GAMMA well into their 40s, so who knows. At the moment they are the best in the division, so it is not impossible.

There has never been 8 fights between 2 fighters in a PPV level org and it is not as if I am trying to book them against each other! This is the first time I am booking a back to back and that is because they got a draw. With exception of one other case, there was always 2 or more fight win streaks between each fight and in each case they were the top contender. So they were fights that made a hell lot of sense.

Also, it is not as if the division was so weak during the whole period and I was forced to put them against each other all the time, during this run we had fighters such as Anthony "The Law" Falcone (327510), Robert MacArthur Jnr (302907), Damagon "Eye of the Dragon" Ench rya (326581) , Thomas Bolleke (323315), Ryan Dinu (302783) around. These are all top 10-15 level fighters. I am probably missing some others out, but the point is, there was plenty of high end competition in the division during the whole length of the rivalry.

The competitiveness between them

The current score is 3-3-1!!! Damn. It is totally equal, both with 3 wins and their last fight was a draw!!! A damn draw in a 5 rounder for the title. Getting a draw in a 5 rounder is very unlikely, I had maybe 2-3 such cases in 12 years, but to get a draw when the 2 fighters are on a DRAW of 3 wins each?

I mean, it would be tough to artificially get 2 fighters of this level on a 3-3-1. You could not get it to happen, even if you “fixed” the result, lol.

Conclusion

I am pretty sure, any one of the above criteria can be debated. You could debate that there have been rivalries between fighters who had better managers, where the level of fighters were better, where the depth of the division or the quality of the org was higher. All those points are “debatable” points based upon personal opinions. In fact, in some of those cases, I could agree with you!

But show me a case, at PPV level where we had 8 fights, 6 of which are title fights, where the first fight took place over 2 ½ years away from the last fight, where the fighters were managed by 3 HOF managers (or even show me 2 HOF managers!). Where we have a 3-3-1 record with the 8th fight deciding who is the better of the 2 fighters???

This is where you have the Royal Flush in Poker and you know you are ahead or this is like when Vince Carter completed his Dunks in the 2001 dunk contest and the commentator (Kenny Smith, for whoever knows the NBA) said – ITS OVER, ITS OVER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kro3Caums2c&ab_channel=JimColton

Yes, ladies and gentlemen (and others, I am talking to all those dragons out there) , It is truly over. This Rivalry is the best among 2 fighters in the game’s history, end of story.

On the 30 May 22 i wrote an article named: GAMMA: The Great Rivalry where i compared the rivalry between Joosep Lohmus and Song Turillo. At the time, both fighters were likely soon to end their career, in their late 30s, they had the chance to end their rivalry. At the time the score was 3-3-1 (yes, these beasts managed to get a draw in a 5 round fight). Song ended up winning the fight via a predictable decision to make it 4-3-1 in his favor. 

Frankly speaking, i thought it was over. Especially after his very first fight after the loss, Joosep lost via head kick. To climb up the rankings again seemed unlikely. Besides that, Song was facing younger and hungrier competition, so the chances that 2 old timers would go on a run of wins were very slim. 

Then we had the unexpected. Joosep beat his next top contenders to go straight into the top contender spot, whereas Song beat his two opponents for the title and had a massive top level super fight win against Yka Sonni. This lined Joosep against Song again.

Just to get things straight, i am not a fan of putting 2 fighters against each other over and over. Sure i have had cases in the past when this happened, i even had a case where i put a Alan Bundy against Jack Burton for a 4th time, even though he beat him 3 times, but that was back in 2011 and in all cases, Jack was the only option and the 3 cases were for the title and Jack was top contender on winning streaks. 

If in any time one of the two would go ahead by 2 fights, most likely the rivalry would already be over, but this is how the score went:

3-4-1
3-3-1
3-3
2-3
2-2
1-2
1-1
1-0

So if Song won their upcoming fight, it would likely be end of story.............then the WTF moment happened and Joosep won! Now i am thinking there is some kind of conspiracy going on, because how is that even possible? 

Anyway, Joosep now has a super fight against Mohammed Kahn and Song has to get back into the winning column, but this rivalry has a big chance of going on, i would not bet against it at this point.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...