NFL Playoffs predictions

Probably one of the craziest stats ever, but I'm pretty sure it ends this year.

Yeah... especially if Matthews is really banged up. I don't recall seeing him in the second half at all so that's probably not a good omen for the Chargers.

Maybe destroy is a bit of an exaggeration. What I tried to interpret was that I am very confident that Carolina will beat SF. Cam Newton woooo

I will say that there are probably many people who will be now rooting for Carolina & the Chargers because they are both somewhat of an underdog. I say underdog because the Broncos, Patriots, Chiefs, Saints, and 49ers have all already won a Superbowl in their franchise histories and the Seahawks at least played in one.

Yeah... especially if Matthews is really banged up. I don't recall seeing him in the second half at all so that's probably not a good omen for the Chargers.

Even with a healthy Matthews I don't give them a chance.

Even with a healthy Matthews I don't give them a chance.

Normally I would say the same, but Denver's defense has been garbage in the 2nd half of the season and the Chargers did win the last match-up in Denver.

Had I not had the stats to back it up from my fantasy team I would says Matthews won't help, but he had 100yrds rushing in the last 4 games of the regular season, one of which was 127yrds against Denver.

There are only two teams that have held the Broncos to under 30 points this season; the Chiefs and Chargers. Not only that but the Chargers did it twice, losing 28-20 at home and winning 27-20 in Denver.

So basically what I'm saying is if I was Denver I would be very worried right now.

AFC Breakdown

Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck has got to be the best 2nd half QB I have ever seen (not saying a whole lot, I'm only 26). I mean seriously how do you come back and win a game you were losing 38-10??? Anyway, without Reggie Wayne the Colts passing game just isn't the same. T.Y. Hilton is talented and will probably become "the guy" once Wayne hangs it up, but he is not even close to Wayne's level yet. Somehow Donald Brown has had a career resurgence since the Trent Richardson trade, so at least the Colts run game is a little respectable. The Defense is where things get sketchy. Robert Mathis lead the NFL in sacks this season with 19.5 and Jerrell Freeman has played out of his mind (126 tackles, 5.5 sacks and 6 Forced Fumbles), but when both of your safeties are #2 and #3 in tackles on your team something is wrong. Bethea is one of the best safeties in the NFL and he has had 100 tackle season before, but Laron Landry with 87???

San Diego Chargers - Well we have seen this before, the Chargers look like crap most of the season and figure out how to win a few in a row at the end and sneak into the playoffs. Just when it seemed like the everyone had given up on the Chargers offense, they surprised everyone. Malcom Floyd was supposed to have a breakout season and lead the offense, but that lasted all of two games after his devastating neck injury. Enter Keenan Allan and Eddie Royal, who stepped up and shocked quite a few people while combining for 16TDs. Then there was the RB situation with Danny Woodhead coming over from New England, how would he fit in and had they given up on Matthews. Answer; he fit perfectly and not at all on Matthews. The Chargers Defense is solid enough to keep them in games and somehow they are doing it without a big name guy.

Denver Broncos - So how was year two of Peyton Manning?? Well pretty much the same as last year; Manning puts up huge numbers, the offense scores a lot and the defense can't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag. We all knew Manning would have big numbers again, but who honestly thought he would put up 5477yrds and 55TDs?? While everyone knew the Broncos had a 3-headed monster in Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Wes Welker, they secretly had a 4th head in Julius Thomas at TE. Who needs a running game with that, well the Broncos apparently. Knowshon Moreno quietly had a 1000yrd rushing season and probably earned himself a big payday. Ahh the defense.........where everyone that you expected to lead sucked worse then Kim Kardashian in that home video (don't lie you've seen it).

New England Patriots - Yet another year of huge expectations marred by injury after injury after injury after injury......you get the point. How Tom Brady managed 4000yrds this season I will never know. Gronk was supposed to be a beast this year and he was....in the 7 games he played. Danny Amendola was supposed to be the new Wes Welker, but he was either hurt going into the game or was hurt during the game 80% of the time. The RB situation was even worse after Vereen went down and Ridley and Blount couldn't decide who was going to fumble more times each week. Somehow through all of that Julian Edelman had consistent game after consistent game. What can you say about the Patriots defense. Every leader they had was hurt within the first 6 weeks, but Dont'a Hightower (97 tackles) and Chandler Jones (11.5 sacks) made the most of their opportunities and made plays when needed.

NFC Breakdown

Seattle Seahawks - Not really sure where to start with the Seahawks. While they were good all-around this season, I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed by them. This was supposed to be the year they destroyed everyone, yet it seem like the offense took a step backwards this year. Russell Wilson put up numbers a little better then last season, but seem to be under more pressure this year (being sacked 11 more times proves it). Marshawn Lynch had 300 fewer rushing yards then last season and managed to score just as many TDs, but when he is 3rd in receptions on the team issues can occur. Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin were destined to be a high scoring duo, but under-preforming and injuries derailed that train. In the midsts of all that, the Seattle D picked up right where they left off last season. With 44 sacks, 28 INTs and 17 Forced Fumbles, Seattles defense is just straight scary. Richard Sherman talks a lot, but can back it up (8 INTs) while leading the ball hawking secondary.

New Orleans Saints - The Saints have been about as Jekyll and Hyde as you can get this season. All of their losses this year have come on the road Drew Brees put up another 5000yrd season which surprised no one, but his TDs were down (only by 4) and his sacks were up (from 26 last year to 37 this year) and that is never a good combination. Relying heavily on it's passing game, Jimmy Graham and Marques Colston combined for just over 2100yrds and 21TDs. Here is where the problems start. Your #2 & #4 receivers on the team.......both RBs. Pierre Thomas had 77 receptions while Darren Sproles had 71. Running the ball barely exists in New Orleans with nobody even coming close to 1000yrds......hell Thomas barely made it half way with 549 rushing yards. Defense was off and on all year long, with Cameron Jordan (12.5 sacks), Junior Galette (12 sacks) and Curtis Lofton (125 tackles) leading the way. By the way if you said "who the hell is Junior Galette", so did I. Plus side, they made the playoffs. Down side their on the road the whole time.

San Francisco 49ers - For a team that had an unstoppable offense at the end of last season, boy did they take a major step back this year. Michael Crabtree being hurt certainly won't help and having your top 4 WRs on opening day brand new to your team is never good. Somehow the 49ers figured out ways to win games. Anquan Boldin exceeded expectations with an 1100yrd & 7 TDs. Vernon Davis is finally becoming a leader and not whining with 13TDs. Frank Gore had another 1000yrd season (7th of his career). All in all a solid season for the offense, but it could have been better. Now we get to the good part; the Niners D. The linebacking corps. were the leaders once again with NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis each reaching 100 tackles again. The secondary seemed to be stronger then last season with Eric Reid having a monster rookie season (77 tackles & 4 INTs). The D-line was probably the biggest weakness with injuries and suspensions (Aldon Smith should be thanking his stars that the NFL won't/didn't suspend him until after his court hearing).

Carolina Panthers - Starting the season 1-3 usually makes teams think that is just isn't their year. Apparently the Panthers didn't get the memo, going 11-1 the rest of the way. The offense didn't put up huge numbers by any means, but Cam Newton and Co. found a way to balance their offense and make it work. When the leading receiver is your TE normally it isn't a good thing, but when 4 different people have over 500 receiving yards the defense never knows where the ball is going. Having the combination of DeAngelo Williams and Mike Tolbert in the backfield certainly doesn't hurt and then add Newton's running ability and you have 1600yrds and 14TDs. While the offense was mediocre at times, the defense was dominant all season long. Only giving up 21+ points twice all season, a lot of people expected Carolina's defense to be good but not this good. Luke Kuechly is a straight beast of a linebacker (156 tackles and 4 INTs) and add Greg Hardy (15 sacks) rushing the QB.......I'll take that any day.

I got Broncos over Panthers in the superbowl but man its tough

Can't say I'll be surprised if that actually happens, but I have 0 faith when it comes to Manning in the playoffs. I laughed hysterically at him last post season.

I got Panthers beating patriots in the Superbowl!

That would be something. Your post got me thinking and I discovered that in a previous post in this thread I was wrong... The Panthers did in fact play in Superbowl XXXVIII (the longest superbowl name ever... lol) and lost to the Patriots won on a Vinatieri field goal at the end 32-29.

Really nice analysis on both conferences there Deuce. Makes you think twice about a few teams.

Thanks. After going a little more in-depth when I was writing/researching this I was a bit surprised by how similar all of the teams in each conference are.

NFC teams are built mostly around Defense (except New Orleans, but even their defense isn't terrible). It's pretty much the exact opposite with the AFC, every teams seems to be built around offense.

Thanks. After going a little more in-depth when I was writing/researching this I was a bit surprised by how similar all of the teams in each conference are.

NFC teams are built mostly around Defense (except New Orleans, but even their defense isn't terrible). It's pretty much the exact opposite with the AFC, every teams seems to be built around offense.

Usually why these past couple of years a NFC team is favored to win the Super Bowl. NFC teams have good defense (they say defense wins championships) but AFC will have a better franchise QB.

Divisional round has concluded and I'm now 5-3 in the playoffs so far. I'm beyond excited for next week's matchups.

AFC Championship: The 2 best QB's will face off.

NFC Championship: The 2 best defenses will face off.

Can't get any better than this folks! I got Brady and the Pats over Manning and the Broncos. Then I have the Seahawks defeating the 49ers.

Divisional round has concluded and I'm now 5-3 in the playoffs so far. I'm beyond excited for next week's matchups.

AFC Championship: The 2 best QB's will face off.

NFC Championship: The 2 best defenses will face off.

Can't get any better than this folks! I got Brady and the Pats over Manning and the Broncos. Then I have the Seahawks defeating the 49ers.

I'm actually a little surprised there were no upsets this weekend. Panthers vs 49ers was not an upset as 49ers were actually favored in Carolina.

Man LaGarrette Blount looks like hes got something to prove right now, im making everyone mad down here in tampa because obviously we just didnt have a support group good enough to coach him and talib

At least the Bucs have Doug Martin. Martin is legit, but no O-line and a suspect passing game and opponents focus on him.

Man LaGarrette Blount looks like hes got something to prove right now, im making everyone mad down here in tampa because obviously we just didnt have a support group good enough to coach him and talib

He was just dominating in that game, I sure hope he does the same next week.

At least the Bucs have Doug Martin. Martin is legit, but no O-line and a suspect passing game and opponents focus on him.

Dougie fresh is a beast but he started the year hurt and ended it hurt... if they can split time with him, rainey and mike james PROPERLY then they can have a solid offense, Tim Wright is a serviceable tight end and if Mike williams and underwood didnt get hurt, you have 3 solid receivers counting VJax, im not sold on glennon (napoleon dynamite) but i dont really see many upgrades at that position this offseason, i would go out on a limb and say bring freeman back in here (after he goes to rehab if you havent heard) and have him compete for the position just to have some kind of competition in camp

He was just dominating in that game, I sure hope he does the same next week.

He has dominated in quite a few games, he does fit the patriots offense and i honestly like how they get him a few more touches by putting him at kick return,once he gets behind his pads hes a problem to stop. Against Denver he should be pretty solid, theyve had horrible run defense all year

Dougie fresh is a beast but he started the year hurt and ended it hurt... if they can split time with him, rainey and mike james PROPERLY then they can have a solid offense,

I'm going to stop you right there man... Take a look at who your new coach is and look up how his offense did up here in Chicago. It was the reason he was fired. We had Forte, Marshall, and Cutler and still couldn't do anything on offense. Our offensive line was also bad though... Im just saying to not expect a whole bunch from your offense with Lovie.

I'm going to stop you right there man... Take a look at who your new coach is and look up how his offense did up here in Chicago. It was the reason he was fired. We had Forte, Marshall, and Cutler and still couldn't do anything on offense. Our offensive line was also bad though... Im just saying to not expect a whole bunch from your offense with Lovie.

Lovie is definitely a defensive minded coach, so he needs to bring in a really good Offensive Coordinator.

Lovie is definitely a defensive minded coach, so he needs to bring in a really good Offensive Coordinator.

Yeah someone better than Mike Martz or Mike Tice. Those two clowns were jokers.