McGregor retiring

So when I seen his tweet I thought he was just joking or trying to hype the fight. Then I see his coach tweeted saying it was good while it lasted.

After his friend died maybe this could be the end he has realised he has more than enough money and dosent need to worry about fighting no more.

He could be on contract talks and trying to get more money out of the UFC?

What do you guys think?

Me personally hope it's not true.

Lol, I doubt it. I feel he just wanted to troll a bit, and decided to play the biggest troll card he could do ... then went to sleep whilst MMA fans all over the world lose their minds. Or he got hacked.

But it's a good point, last week his friend killed a dude in MMA competition whilst he was cheering him on, maybe he had a few too many and was feeling a tad morbid.

Dana White just announced on ESPN that Conor McGregor is out of UFC 200. They are actively working on a new main event.

Helwani just tweeted that out there just now.

Holy shit can not believe he is retiring

UFC made a joke of themselves with how they allowed Conor to play them because he was the money draw, now they have been fucked over by losing him. Edgar is pissed at management, Aldo is a bit miffed, Diaz probably don't even give a fuck. Gonna be some scrambling to get UFC 200 back on track.

Somehow I think this is a way for Conor to get out of his contract and seperate himself from the UFC and go out on his own, like frank Shamrock did back the day by retiring. However they changed contracts so that couldn't happen, but I wonder if conor's latest contract doesn't have an escape hole in it, HMMM.

White, though, told SportsCenter later Tuesday that he has pulled McGregor from the card after the star fighter opted not to attend the pre-fight promotional appearances in Las Vegas.

"Conor didn't want to come to Las Vegas and be part of any promotional training," White said. "He's in Iceland training.

"He felt leaving right now would hurt his training. But every other fighter on the card is coming.

"It doesn't make you exempt. We spend a lot of money on this stuff."

White wouldn't read into McGregor's retirement tweet.

"Is Conor McGregor retiring? Only he can answer that question," White said. "I don't know. But he will not be a part of UFC 200."

• Upvote 2

White, though, told SportsCenter later Tuesday that he has pulled McGregor from the card after the star fighter opted not to attend the pre-fight promotional appearances in Las Vegas.

"Conor didn't want to come to Las Vegas and be part of any promotional training," White said. "He's in Iceland training.

"He felt leaving right now would hurt his training. But every other fighter on the card is coming.

"It doesn't make you exempt. We spend a lot of money on this stuff."

White wouldn't read into McGregor's retirement tweet.

"Is Conor McGregor retiring? Only he can answer that question," White said. "I don't know. But he will not be a part of UFC 200."

Got to be more to it than promotional stuff. Must be contract issues and UFC are trying to show there strength by pulling him.

I wounded if he just dose not want the Nate fight after thinking about it

Can't wait to see this unfold

• Upvote 1

Dana just fuck up by claiming "this doesn't make you exempt". Fuck off, the amount of times he has let Conor take UFC on a ride before, this is literally the worst time and way possible to stamp your authority down on it. Either he is lying, or Dana is a very stupid businessman.

Really hope he doesn't actually retire and I'm guessing he won't, this just seems like Dana and Conor are pissed at each other. As stacked as the card is I doubt any of the fighters left could headline. Only 4 people in my opinion can/should do it, Conor, Ronda, Jon Jones, and GSP. I think pretty soon it's gonna be announced that GSP will headline UFC 200 against Nate or Robbie or anyone really, I wouldn't care I just want to see GSP come back.

• Upvote 1

now confirmed he is out of ufc 200

It appears that Conor McGregor’s retirement tweet was no joke after all.

On Tuesday, after the featherweight titleholder announced via Twitter that he is walking away from the sport, UFC President Dana White confirmed to ESPN’s “SportsCenter” that McGregor will no longer rematch Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC 200.

Despite the fact that McGregor’s announcement preceded the UFC’s by several hours, White told ESPN that it was UFC’s decision to pull McGregor from the card due to the Irishman missing promotional obligations this week in Las Vegas.

“We pulled Conor McGregor from UFC 200, and we’re working on other fights right now,” said White. “Conor did not want to come to Las Vegas and film the commercial or be part of any of the marketing that we have. He’s in Iceland training, and it’s not possible.”

White attempted to liken the situation to that of Nick Diaz being removed from the main event of UFC 137 after failing to attend a press conference to promote an October 2011 fight with Georges St. Pierre.

Asked whether McGregor was truly retiring from mixed martial arts, White said he did not know.

“Is Conor McGregor retiring? Only he can answer that question,” explained White. “I don’t know. But he’s not fighting at UFC 200.”

White stated that the organization is currently seeking a new opponent for Diaz, as well as an additional bout to be added to UFC 200. Currently occupying the co-main event spot on the July 9 pay-per-view is a women’s bantamweight title bout between new champion Miesha Tate and challenger Amanda Nunes.

If he is retiring, does the interim get pulled off the Edgar/Aldo fight?

• Upvote 1

I didn't know it was a friend of his who was involved in that death. I'd been thinking it was just him being a pussy seeing as he lost his last fight....

Yeah...that makes sense. The guy with a belt at 145 in the highest organization in MMA is a pussy after losing a fight. Never mind the fact that he's already lost twice before...

You projecting much there?

1. I think it's some .... 'Rousey crying at Ellen and suicide thoughts' kind of moment in Conor't own way ... not really retiring ... and the thing about MMA and boxing fighters retiring is they come back after 1-2 years ( Fedor, BJ Penn ...etc etc :D )

2. If Conor retired for real ... then Aldo and Frankie should be fighting for the undisputed title ...

3. Funny thing is one bitch slap and a couple of taps ... the tough guy retires ...

4. I am sure Dana and Lorenzo will 'visit' Conor ... do whatever he asks ;) and get him back if he really retired