The Battle Over NYFN

Chapter 1 - The Meeting

Uncle Lar sat as his large oak desk as his fantastic looking secretary entered his office. "Lar, your guests are here to see you", she stated. "Send them in... I am ready to get this done", Lar said.

At that moment both Bjorn and the relatively unknown Kidlat Kumao walked into Uncle Lar's office. "Greetings gentlemen", Lar said. After a brief greeting and handshake Bjorn shouted, "Uncle Lar... it's so good to see you. I have so much to tell you! All of my time and effort into NYFN has been noted by everyone. Did you see the awards we got?".

"Yes Bjorn," Lar complimented, "you have done a great job. I am proud of you and your accolades."

"Thanks so much. Did you see...." Bjorn started before Lar cut him off... "Bjorn, we have business to transact here, my friend. We can catch up after the meeting." Lar continued, "Kidlat, nice to meet you. I swear I've seen you before. In the forum you use another name, right?" Lar asked.

"Shh... nobody needs to know about that," Kidlat stated. "I don't want to get caught," he continued.

"Caught with what?" Lar asked puzzled. "Are you a mult?"

"No," Kidlat stated.

"Because if you are a multi, I will not do business with you," Lar commanded. "I hate cheaters."

"I... uhhh.... can we just get this deal done?" Kidlat asked.

"What's going on here?" Bjorn asked. "Let me tell you about my..."

"Bjorn.... let's focus on business," Lar interrupted him again with.

"Now then," Lar continued, "I have searched high and low...deep and wide.... and Kidlat is the only person I have found willing to hold NYFN while you take care of your family Bjorn. Are you sure you want to give up a thriving org like NYFN?" Lar asked Bjorn.

"Yes. My family needs me and I need to step back. I also want to open a gym for my fighters. Let me tell you about the big plans I have ...." Bjorn started before Lar interrupted him a third time, "OK Bjorn... it's confirmed then," Lar said.

"Bjorn will transfer NYFN to Kidlat and open the gym for his fighters," Lar started, "and Kidlat, you will hold NYFN until after the last event when we can merge the final group of fighters. In return you will receive no less than 350k tycoon cash."

"Yes," Kidlat agreed, "and I know just which manager to transfer all the cash to."

"Are you sure you're not a multi?" Lar asked Kidlat.

"I hope not," Kidlat pleaded.

"OK... I have no proof or anyone else to help us complete this transaction, so I guess we'll trust you," Lar stated. "Please hire my man Dave F to help us perform the releasing of fighters from NYFN. He'll release guys while I send them contracts to join MFN. Hopefully most will agree. I will pay them more cash to agree," Lar continued as he pounded his oak desk with his fist.

"And I will help send messages to them to let them know about the merge and encourage them to join MFN," Bjorn stated. "Then I will tell them about..."

"Bjorn, that would be great," Lar interrupted Bjorn again. "Kidlat, there will likely be some cash left over because Bjorn insisted on setting up 5 or so strong events for you. We expect there to be somewhere between 1.2mil and 1.5mil left over. If you would be able to send Bjorn at least half of that cash, you guys will both come out ahead," Lar continued.

"So I can get more than 350k?" Kidlat asked shockingly. "My main account will be..."

"Kidlat, are you sure you're not someone's multi?" Lar interrupted him with. "I hate cheaters," Lar stated emphatically.

"Umm... nevermind," Kidlat said sheepishly.

"OK then," Lar commanded. "We have a deal. If we do this properly, each of us will win in this deal. MFN will get fighters, Bjorn will get cash, time with his family, and a brand new gym, and Kidlat will get cash."

They all stood up shook hands and Kidlat and Bjorn left. After the deal was done, Lar put his feet up on his desk and stared out the window of his office admiring the attractive women in bikinis that were sunbathing 10 floors below him at the outdoor pool from the lot next to his office.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Chapter 2 - An Unnerving Phone Call

A few weeks after their initial meeting, Uncle Lar received a phone call from his friend Bjorn

"Hello?" Lar answered.

"Hi Lar. We have a problem," Bjorn stated emphatically. "Kidlat is not giving me my cash and is asking for me to pay the transfer fees. I don't think I should have to do that. I need more cash for my gym," Bjorn continued.

"OK... I can try talking to him if you want Bjorn," Lar responded with. "How many times have you called him?" Lar asked.

"A few times," Bjorn admitted, "but he needs to give me my cash. He didn't earn it, I set everything up. He's only supposed to get 350k but theres millions in there."

"Understood," Lar stated, "but how have you talked with him? Have you been nice or rude to him?" Lar asked.

"He needs to give me my cash!" Bjorn yelled.

"Calm down Bjorn!" Lar shouted into the phone. "Leave him alone for a few days and then I will call him. Please don't continue to harass him or he will make it impossible to complete the deal."

At that moment the phone hung up. EIther Bjorn hung up on Lar or lost connection. For all Lar knew, Bjorn lost signal. Either way, Lar was worried.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Chapter 3 - Trouble Brewing

After a nice weekend with 2 MFN events, Lar sat back in his office chair and smiled. Lately MFN had been holding events on Wednesdays and Sundays, but added a third event on Saturday as well. Lar has stated many times before that his favorite part of MFN is seeing how the fighters grow and change after events. He almost always checks events during or immediately after they happen for the results.

Lar took a deep breath and let out a big sigh. He knew he needed to follow up on what Bjorn had called him about a few days earlier. Lar really didn't want to get involved in the money aspect of the NYFN merger, but before calling up Kidlat Lar called his friend Dave F.

"Hello?" Dave answered, "what's up Lar?"

"Hi Dave," Lar said, "are you ready to help me move the final batch of fighters over to MFN? NYFN had its last event yesterday so we should be able to just release the remaining 39 fighters on the NYFN roster. Once you get them released let me know and I'll send out the new MFN contracts."

"One problem my friend, " Dave stated.

"Uh oh... now what?" Lar asked. "I don't think I can deal with any more drama coming from this simple merge. It should not be complicated."

"Well," Dave admitted,"I am no longer an employee of NYFN."

"What the FUCK!????" Lar shouted as he pounded his desk with his fist so hard that it left a dent.

"It's true man," Dave continued. "Right after the NYFN event yesterday I was notified that I had been fired."

"Well, I need to get you re-hired then," Lar stated emphatically. "Maybe this Kidlat guy doesn't understand how this works. I'll keep you posted," Lar said as he hung up the phone.

Lar then very emphatically pressed the number keys on his phone to dial up Kidlat. He wasn't sure what to tell Kidlat, but after the spat between Bjorn and Kidlat, Lar was unsure of what Kidlat's mood would be.

"Hello?" Kidlat answered.

"Kidlat, this is Lar." Lar stated. "You fired my man Dave F. We need him to complete the deal. He is the one releasing the fighters from NYFN and then I am signing them to MFN as part of the merge you agreed to. Please re-hire him so we can get this done."

"The agreement was to hold NYFN until the last event ran," Kidlat stated defiantly. "He was fired right after the event."

"How can we transfer the fighters over to MFN if they still have fights on their existing NYFN contracts then?" Lar asked Kidlat.

"Not my problem," Kidlat stated defiantly.

"But that is not what we agreed to," Lar reminded him. "I paid you 350k to hold the company until the merge was complete. We cannot complete the merge like this. You need to re-hire my man Dave F or close the company."

"I already sent Bjorn his money," Kidlat chimed in with.

"I could care less about that," Lar stated. "I only cared about the fighters. You are holding them hostage and not honoring your end of the deal."

"Not my problem," Kidlat said defiantly once again as he hung up the phone.

Rage boiled within Lar at that moment. He knew he had been had. There were some really great fighters still left on the NYFN roster. Some fighters whom Lar made the deal specifically to get.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Chapter 4 - Defiance

After lunch, Lar had time to think and plan his next move in this drama filled merger between NYFN and MFN. It appeared to Lar at that time that Bjorn got what he asked for (cash and the ability to open a gym for his own fighters) and Kidlat got his promised 350k, but Lar still did not have the fighters from NYFN. He had many of the former NYFN ones, but not all. At that moment Lar picked up his newspaper and saw that NYFN had announced a new show. At that point Lar decided that a line had been crossed by Kidlat, so he pulled out his phone and sent a text message to Kidlat.

"What are you doing? You need to close NYFN and release the fighters. That is what we agreed to. You are not holding up your end of the bargain." Lar's message said.

Kidlat responded with, "Tough tittles. I can do what I want, unless you want to make an offer."

Lar then sent, "I am not going to give you more money. You know nothing about org ownership. Let me show you after we release the fighters. I will help you"

Kidlat replied with, "Nope. I'm doing what I want to"

Lar then threw his newspaper across the room. It made a large swoosh sound in the air before floating down and landing all over the floor in Lar's office. He was double-crossed by an unknown manager who could be someone's multi. Lar then went to the ground in his office and found the press release that showed the list of offered fights on the upcoming NYFN card.

"I'll show him," Lar said to himself with a wry smile. "He doesn't know who he's effing with".

Lar then crafted a text message stating the following, "Please do not accept the fight that was offered to your NYFN fighter. The current owner has not completed the merge deal with MFN. He was paid to complete the merge and it is not completed, so I need your help. Thanks." Lar then found the phone numbers from all of the fighters from NYFN (Bjorn had sent him a list before their meeting weeks ago) and sent that message to all of the fighters on the next NYFN card.

Immediately Lar's phone rang. "Hello?" he answered.

"How can you do this to me. You spread lies about me," it was Kidlat," I will message all of them including your friends telling them how you didnt honor our agreement, and tried to discredit me. You can kiss goodbye any chance of me cooperating with you again. dirty stupid tricks you have....you can keep all of it to yourself."

"I've been in this game for years," Lar said, "while you've been here for weeks. I am not worried about you. I suggest you change your tone and cooperate."

"Who are you scaring?," Kidlat asked as he responded angrily. "You are proud youre been spending your time here, in this game in front of your keyboard and monitor for several years?....get a life man.....while you are busy here, Im doing something else more worthwhile and earning real money. you suggest that I change my tone and cooperate?.....man ha ha ha I wish you have the courage to repeat that in personal or in real life in front of me....I can only laugh....bwah ha ha ha. you have no idea who I am...ha ha ha"

Lar hung up the phone and felt bad for the fighters who were caught in the crossfire. They are guys with good managers, but Kidlat had Lar by his balls. There was nothing Lar could do but hope that Kidlat would come to his senses and close NYFN.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What was supposed to be a smooth merger turned into a shitty thing because of Kidlat who kept trying to find ways to get more money. I said he would get 350k from the org profit from the last events, so Lar ( Senzo) wouldn't have to pay anything for the merger. That was what was agreed upon.

A week or two ago, Kidlat messaged me that if I wanted him to close NYFN , that he wanted more money. I first refused that, but in the end offered him 200k extra to close it , so that the name NYFN wouldn't be used anymore by him. He reacted that this was far from enough. I asked him what was the advantage for him to keep using the NYFN name and not start an org himself. He never replied to that question.

I also told him that I would help him if he would open an org himself after completely closing down NYFN first, but also that offer wasn't accepted.

So what could have been something that would have given me a few million, by selling NYFN, I decided to give it for free to my former mentor Lar ( Senzo) , and sadly enough turned into a mess in the end of the merger because of that Kidlat guy. End of the story, instead of receiving millions probably, I had to give Kidlat 350k of the profit of the org to hold NYFN a few weeks and see now that 39 fighters are kept hostage under the roof of my beloved org.

What a great day once again to start my day...

• Downvote 1

Why not message Mike with this thing. An agreement is an agreement. And I'm not saying for Lar sake so he can get the fighters more quickly (which should have happened), I'm saying for all the managers that are stuck with most probably a kid minded person or a scammer in my oppinion. This kind of people ruin the fun out of games.

He agreed to hold the org for a few weeks and let the fighters transfer over to MFN and receive 350k for it.

Shortly ago, he started speaking about keeping NYFN himself. I asked him not to do that since that name is related to me and all my hard work. I said , and Lar( Senzo) as well, that we would help him and give him advice if he would start a complete new org, but no he wanted NYFN and asked extra money. I offered him an extra 200k just to close it down after all the fighters were moved and then start his own org , with our help if he wanted.

He said 200k extra wasn't enough and then he kicked out Dave who was supposed to help with the merger and now keeps the last 39 NYFN hostage and already set up an event and sent out a few fight offers.

I'm not going to pay that idiot extra money now, because we had a deal that all the fighters would be transfered and he didn't do that clearly. I asked Lar ( Senzo) specifically to not give him extra money either.

I'll give money to the managers who might have to wait out their inactivity clause, and if that costs me more, then I'm still ok with that. He broke the deal and I feel bad for the 39 fighters left. They will get extra compensated, not him.

Why not message Mike with this thing. An agreement is an agreement. And I'm not saying for Lar sake so he can get the fighters more quickly (which should have happened), I'm saying for all the managers that are stuck with most probably a kid minded person or a scammer in my oppinion. This kind of people ruin the fun out of games.

Mike has better things to be worried about than this. Let us sort it out. There was a risk of this outcome when the agreement was made. We just hoped it wouldn't happen but it did. Now we wait and hope the right thing is done not because Mike made it happen, but because the person who is wrong realized their error and learned from their mistake.

Mike has better things to be worried about than this. Let us sort it out. There was a risk of this outcome when the agreement was made. We just hoped it wouldn't happen but it did. Now we wait and hope the right thing is done not because Mike made it happen, but because the person who is wrong realized their error and learned from their mistake.

I surely hope he realise that even thow he has the current fighters he can't keep them with force and most of all, if he keeps it this way no1 will sign with him. If he really want's an org, even if he want's to keep NYFN he should release the fighters, change the name and he will remain with the hype as well. I think that's resonable.

I surely hope he realise that even thow he has the current fighters he can't keep them with force and most of all, if he keeps it this way no1 will sign with him. If he really want's an org, even if he want's to keep NYFN he should release the fighters, change the name and he will remain with the hype as well. I think that's resonable.

That was offered to him along with help to understand how to run an org. I truly hope he comes around and allows us to help him get his org rolling. I think it would be fun.

That was offered to him along with help to understand how to run an org. I truly hope he comes around and allows us to help him get his org rolling. I think it would be fun.

I can only offer to help him more if the org is struggeling. As I mostly want to keep good managers keep their org I will try to put out acutions from time to time and donate the money if the org is on the edge.

But if he keeps up this attitude, he will get a bad reputation, no help and he will lose the org soon after.

It's a sad chapter that nobody really was expecting. I feel bad for the last NYFN-fighters that are now stuck temporary, but I hope that they don't accept fight offers and can use their inactivity clause to get out soon.

Can you say bitch mode!

You need to shut the fuck up and realize this game is called TYCOON! you made a mistake and want to slander another player? LOL SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

Can you say bitch mode!

You need to shut the fuck up and realize this game is called TYCOON! you made a mistake and want to slander another player? LOL SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE!!!!

I don't get it why so defensive off a member in your team. Nobody recall calling names or something like that. They just told their part of the story. And no1 is slandering another player for no reason. Let Kidlat defend for himself. He should answer for his actions, if they had a deal, is hes fault also that he didn't deliver on that deal.

Their mistake was trusting Kidlat in my oppinion.

• Upvote 2

Such a shame.... NYFN was a good org and i guess i got lucky that my guy signed the new contract...

However this is about to get interesting...

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/popcorn_danny_devito.gif

Why are you showing my image, I expect royalties for an unlicensed use of my likeness!!!

Can you say bitch mode!

Okay I am sure we can come to an agreement here without getting all hostile. Let's look at this from a couple angles, yes this is called Tycoon and that is the name of the game however with that said in my opinion and perhaps it means nothing but the key to being a great tycoon involves both the ability to maintain a shrewd business ethic but also the ability to develop and create and then maintain strong allegiances. When you make a verbal agreement with someone and then turn your back on that agreement that stays with u along time and does nothing for you.

Now this needs to be cleared up and hopefully without any further hostilities. I have no stake in this deal financially or on the business side of the equation but I now have 2 fighters stranded in an Org that I have no desire to be a part of based on this new owners apparent (I could be totally wrong) lack of knowledge or experience. I currently am trying to be as much of a mediator here as I can be however if this drags on and my fighters are held hostage my calm demeanour will begin to drift more in the slap direction :)

• Upvote 3

Damn, thats fucked up. I suppose the lesson to be learned here is don't trust people you don't know. But I hope all the money gets put in the right hands, and I would talk to Mike Tycoon now, save everybody more stress and drama. Mike will stroll in, sort it out. Maybe give Kitkat some telling off and you can all go on your way. :)

I would be more pissed that my two best fighters are being held hostage but honestly I'm not averse to a little training time. See you when my inactivity clauses run out.

I would agree however with him creating an event 34 days from now, all he has to do is offer a fight a week prior, reset your inactivity and boom now u wait 60 days. If the event was created so far in advance with that in mind I say good play, but he is getting his direction from someone else as He has only been around for just over 1 month.