Bankruptcy

WhisperingDeath

No one wants to get penalized, but since owning a company can be an advantage to your fighters there *needs* to be some risk involved to balance that.

I can't decide whether I agree that there's an advantage to being the owner of a gym, rather than just paying to go there. The one clear advantage is that you can set up a training schedule as you want, but you're still obliged to create a gym that other people will want to use. I started a gym with this in mind, and immediately regretted it, because someone else opened another gym the day after I did, and a third new gym opened the day after that. I don't think Montreal can support all three new gyms, but we'll see.

If I could close my gym, I would. As it is, I'm thinking about which 6 fighters to fire when I lose my VIP account.

EDIT: To clarify, I wouldn't be bitter about losing the gym, per se. Assuming one isn't exploiting the system, I really don't see a big advantage to owning a gym, other than the "cool, I own a gym" factor. If those other two gyms had opened two days sooner, I would happily have joined one of them (White Gorilla also expanded days after I opened my gym; I _wanted_ my fighters there, but there wasn't space for all of them). Losing 6 of my fighters and a few real dollars to the vagaries of a fake marketplace will probably damage my interest in the game. Life goes on, spilled milk and all that, but it'll probably be a life without MMA Tycoon.

If I could close my gym, I would.

Actually, that's a bit of an overstatement. It would be more accurate to say that if I'd known two other gyms were about to open, I wouldn't have opened one myself, and that if my gym goes under as part of a 'natural' business cycle, I wouldn't mind. It's a game after all, and losing is as much a part of it as winning. But imagine if Blizzard charged you 50¢ every time your World of Warcraft character got killed? How long would you keep paying money to play that game?

As a gym owner, I think it is obviously the hardest company to run thus far. Suuuure fight orgs gotta look at the fighters ect..but I like doin that personally so this may be my opinion.

I did make a mess-up in the begining and hire elites, and had to sack them and go to remarkable and am JUST now making a small profit to start paying my debt off. But GOD I cant wait for bookmakers so I can either flush myself dry and restart VIP or win big and pay off my loan ;) HA

As a gym owner, I think it is obviously the hardest company to run thus far. Suuuure fight orgs gotta look at the fighters ect..but I like doin that personally so this may be my opinion.

I did make a mess-up in the begining and hire elites, and had to sack them and go to remarkable and am JUST now making a small profit to start paying my debt off. But GOD I cant wait for bookmakers so I can either flush myself dry and restart VIP or win big and pay off my loan ;) HA

Totally agree. Playing matchmaker isn't that hard (done it before in previous games).

Feels great to have someone in the same boat, eh? We're both gym owners in LA, in trouble, and in the middle of the list (which complicates the issue further, for it seems as though no one pays attention to the gyms in the middle. :suicide_anim: ) Only difference in my situation is that I went too low with my coaches and ended up spending a lot of money retooling. Oh well.

As a gym owner, I think it is obviously the hardest company to run thus far.

I haven't tried any other companies, so I can't compare, but based on what I'm seeing in Montreal, I was a retard for not starting my gym with Elite coaches and unsustainable membership fees. Newer gyms also get listed first on the Highstreet page, compounding the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't read through all that yet but I'm happy to put that in the Wiki somewhere if it all makes sense (once I've read it). :)

The thing about text is that the people likely to mess up never read warnings etc, they just plough onwards and that's why they make the mistakes. What I've decided I'm going to do is have financial (in game) limits on how much you can spend on coaches / supplement research / whatever else is really dangerous to survival. So e.g. they can only hire a coach who's wages are e.g. 10% of available funds or something like that... I'll work out a good set of numbers anyway.

Also, as for losing VIP, I thought of a decent idea for that too. How about instead of just being reset to basic, I halve the time they have left on VIP, reset their manager balance to 0 and all their fighters' balances to $200 and stop them running companies until they buy VIP again? Something like that? I would say for 6 months or something but it's a lot easier to program it to be next time they buy VIP... if it was 6 months you'd have to run a script every day / week to check when their 6 months would run out and that's a lot of wasted script time.

Maybe just reset their entire account to how it was before they started VIP and their fighters initial settings.

Example: I go bankrupt, my fighters lose all supplements and clothing. They are reset to their stats when created. I now choose between a bottle of booze and a bottle of aspirin or doing things the right way from that point forward.

Maybe just reset their entire account to how it was before they started VIP and their fighters initial settings.

Example: I go bankrupt, my fighters lose all supplements and clothing. They are reset to their stats when created. I now choose between a bottle of booze and a bottle of aspirin or doing things the right way from that point forward.

Im going under and the thing that pisses me off is that I could have borrowed more and covered the load payment since Id payed back all unused funds when my gym started making money, problem was I lost a bunch of people that trained there and when I started losing money I couldnt make my loan payment, now Im screwed though cause I cant withdrawl the money to pay off my personal balance of -2200. F***!! Kind of a piss off that Im gonna be out my real money though.

Im going under and the thing that pisses me off is that I could have borrowed more and covered the load payment since Id payed back all unused funds when my gym started making money, problem was I lost a bunch of people that trained there and when I started losing money I couldnt make my loan payment, now Im screwed though cause I cant withdrawl the money to pay off my personal balance of -2200. F***!! Kind of a piss off that Im gonna be out my real money though.

If you can borrow more, PM me and we'll sort it out. Bottom line is that I never want anyone to lose their VIP - if they could have borrowed more, that's something that I would obviously want to be a solution - it's just not programmed in there.

If you can borrow more, PM me and we'll sort it out. Bottom line is that I never want anyone to lose their VIP - if they could have borrowed more, that's something that I would obviously want to be a solution - it's just not programmed in there.

Can I borrow another 50K for my org? lol

If you have paid your first one off, sure you can - go to "add to loan" :)

If a company goes bankrupt the owner should lose everything regarding money and items. thats fair no? all fighters have no money and no tiems nor does the manager...

below is tips for those who have clothing companies.

I opened up an excel document and made a few small formulas and i will list the results below. It for clothing companies and the price of items per amount you buy.

10 ---110--- 11

25 ---200 --- 8

50 ---350--- 7

75 ---500--- 6.666666667

100 --- 650--- 6.5

200 --- 1150--- 5.75

300 --- 1600--- 5.333333333

500 --- 2400--- 4.8

750 --- 3400--- 4.533333333

1000 --- 4400--- 4.4

2000 --- 7400--- 3.7

3000 --- 10400--- 3.466666667

5000 --- 16400--- 3.28

7500 --- 23900--- 3.186666667

10000 --- 31400--- 3.14

the numbers on the far left are the number of items ordered (10), then the total cost of that order (110), then the simple calculation of the cost per single item for that given order.(11$)

i have came to the conclusion that a shop owner should never buy less than 50 of any item unless its a personal favor that only one fighter will buy.

IF YOU HAVE A POSITIVE INCOME then you can benefit from makeing a 2000 item order. anything more than that and your just not getting a good enough drop in price to justify the purchase.

so in conclusion only buy in loads of 50 200 and 2000

i spent almost 8000$ on one shirt, but i am quite sure i can climb out of that investment with a good gain. And i can offer those shirts as sponsorship offers that wont hurt too much.

10 ---110--- 11

25 ---200 --- 8

50 ---350--- 7

75 ---500--- 6.666666667

100 --- 650--- 6.5

200 --- 1150--- 5.75

300 --- 1600--- 5.333333333

500 --- 2400--- 4.8

i have came to the conclusion that a shop owner should never buy less than 50 of any item unless its a personal favor that only one fighter will buy.

IF YOU HAVE A POSITIVE INCOME then you can benefit from makeing a 2000 item order. anything more than that and your just not getting a good enough drop in price to justify the purchase.

so in conclusion only buy in loads of 50 200 and 2000

In conclusion: your conclusion is a non sequitur.

It's a lot easier to unload 25 shirts than 50, and even with quite a small markup the minor difference in cost makes 25 a very sensible option for trial runs. And making 2000 shirts that no one is gonna buy is never gonna be profitable no matter how cheap the shirts are to produce.

What if bankruptcy worked like this:

You declare bankruptcy

> your business shuts down

> you go under a shorter penalty period where you cannot borrow for a new business

> you go under a longer penalty period where the amount you can borrow for a new business is reduced drastically

> you lose your manager bank account + goods

> you lose your top fighter

There can still be heavy repercussions for doing bad business, w/o giving up VIP status.

Mike knows thsi and I almost got screwed over by myself! I never knew it would be so hard starting a Clothing Company. You could make careless mistakes such as mixing the ID number with the price (I did as pitiful as it is.) If anyone wants to but my company PM me (Send a message to Brandon Comte.) But for now I am very busy with my company. It is the hardest thing In my opinion. I have VERY NICE GEAR that no one ever bothers looking at. It is very difficult running a company that is for sure! Financially it agitates you you get so annoyed and consistently look to see if someone bought anything from the store. Another thing is giving out freebies which is also very difficult because you want to balance what you have to SELL. Overall clothing companies are fun but very difficult to handel. Like I said PM me. I would love to start an org ASAP because I feel (it would be difficult) it would be fun to hire a top fighter from london lets say.

-Comte

It looks like we're going to have this thread once per week so I'm going to pin this thread. I wish people would move past the concept of losing money and try to understand why it's there. If it wasn't you'd all be fuming about people mis-managing companies and making your well run companies completely unviable.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST in earning any more money from people losing their VIP. I do not want anyone to ever lose their VIP. HOWEVER, if this process was not in place, people would spend their loans on an unworkable model and for the 10 or so weeks that their company was in existence before it went bust, they would offer a much better product than you could ever afford to offer as a well run company. This would hurt the people who run their company properly.

Gyms

Someone could just rock up, open a gym with 5 elite trainers, train their own fighters at the gym for 5 weeks til it went bust, then what? Basically no repercussions? All the fighters at your gym would leave and go train at that gym for those 5 weeks, possibly making your own gym go bankrupt because it has no members for those 5 weeks.

Org

$50,000 loan. User signs their fighters to $5,000 signing bonus and doesn't even bother having a fight. The company goes bust, then what? With your method they wouldn't be able to run a company again for 6 months. What if they never wanted to run one in the first place? People who just wanted to have 10 fighters could just open an org, give their fighters all the money then let the org rot.

Nutrition

Make 150 rated supplement, order a load of stock then just give it to their own fighters. The company goes bust, then what? As with orgs, they might not even want to run an org and they could basically give their fighters a lifetime of top ranked supplements.

Clothing

They could make thousands of t-shirts and give them to their fighters for free. The company goes bust but they wouldnt care cos they didnt want one in the first place.

If anyone can tell me a better way to do it then that's fantastic, I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE to not have this poisoned sentence of "lose your VIP" because people can't seem to get past the concept of losing their money being unfair. BUT, if we can't figure out a better method, you've all got to stop feeling like it's

a. any risk at all, because it's not if you just take more than 2 seconds to plan what you're doing

b. an attempt to get any more money out of you

c. anything other than a measure to make the game fair for the people who run their companys properly

I have no problem with people bringing up their concerns but when those concerns potentially prevent someone from buying VIP, then that's very frustrating because you'll never lose your VIP if you act properly and the game would be completely unworkable without this action in place.

Managers who have lost their VIP to date = 0

Managers who will ever lose their VIP if they run their companies properly = 0

Managers who have lost their VIP to date = ??

please see:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3014

people do what you dont want to happen anyway and just pay RL cash (re-vip) for it. this in my book is exploiting, and is a way unfair advantage to even regular VIP users.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys.

First let me congratulate the creators of this game. This is by far one of the best (if not the best) Browser game I have played.

I registered tonight and I'm loving every bit of the game. I'm really considering going VIP so that I can start a FIGHT Company. After reading this topic, I am very confused.

If I understand it correctly, lets imagine that I create a FIGHT company and that it goes bankruptcy.

Does that mean I lose my VIP status? If not, does that mean I will get a "default" penalty but I will still be able to run my company?

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...
The penalty of losing VIP, regardless of the days you have left thereof, is just idiotic and isn't in any shape or form right.

Nobody said it was awesome, but if you were to read even just the first place, you would realize that at this current time, there is no better way of doing it.

And like I'm sure others said, if you have some common sense, it's not hard to keep a business afloat.

• 2 weeks later...

I read through the four pages or so of this and I must say there are some good points in there from both sides. I just started up my clothing company and am having a blast with it. Though I don't think I will be able to make my first week loan payment, what will happen with that? I don't think anyone can make their first loan payment in the clothing world.

Thanks in advance.

I know I sure as hell don't want to lose my VIP. There is so much to do with it.

• 4 weeks later...

There are already several big punishments listed here.

What is not here is a way to stop the abusing of the system.

Create 2 variables in order to payout loans.

1 time,

2 turnover, or number of contracts.

1. The loan is split in parts that are sensible for the company.

Example gym:

The first part is 20000, after 3 weeks the second part of 10000 is paid out, then 3 weeks, another 10000...

2. The second and third, forth... part is paid out when you made a sensible amount of turnover in that timeframe. If you do not reach this amount of turnover, you have to wait another 21 days before the script checks your turnover again.

With orgs, it could be the number of contracts you made.

So basicly my approach would be : if people can not abuse the system, you can change the penalty to something ingame.