The Island vs X (a multiple choice poll)

The Island vs X (poll)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, what is best for the longevity of MMAtycoon and the financial gain of the owners of MMAtycoon

• The Island (you can choose more than one)
    • fix arenas
    • cornermen/cutmen/doctors etc.
    • stop all laundering loopholes
    • make the game more user friendly for noobs
    • make a no mudslinging / name dropping rule to reduce bullying
    • the Free Agent situation with fake accounts being created to nab money and just FA's in general and how they are processed.
    • make running an org easier and harder. make it harder for people to just use tycoontools (thats bs). and make it easier to create matchups and alphabetize the scroll down lists on new events (more things also to make easier)
    • OTHER (please explain your choice below)

Im gonna edit the poll in a minute after i do some research on other options people want worked on. i couldnt think of much off the top of my head.

''stop all laundering loopholes''

Because to much money in the game, everyone has a private gym and they get high skilled fighters where new managers cant afford it and when he sees them and have fast their guys are training he just leaves.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i had all my fighters in the soul supremacy gym for the last year. it had 140 members.... so, not everyone.

Ye but on the other hand your fighters are bad.

now obviously this is just opinions. for all those people getting up in arms and saying that we dont have a right to tell mike what to do.... well ur right about that. but what your wrong about is thats not whats happening. mike wants our opinion. he bases many decisions off of our feelings. sometimes hes a pushover and i dont like that but he really does want to know our opinions. so yes, this post is just a way for him to gauge our greedy little desires. even tho i asked what we think is best for MIKE and the games MONEY makeing ability... so try to keep your personal bias out of your choices and think big picture folk.

hey, im not disagreeing with that statement at all man... just gauging how the players of this game think about it is all. i dont think its wrong to ask what people think about it.

it sounds like you make a good case for "the island" to be ur choice.

i dont think its a break. i think mike feels the game slightly stuck in a rut. and that players feel hopeless when opened up to exactly how long term this game can be. i think this is a way of keeping the competitive nature of the game fress and i love the island idea. i really do and i think that when it starts ill like it even more. and actually... now that i put more thought into it im gonna change my vote to the island cause i reallty do think that long term, it will allow players to be more competitive, thus staying longer. and in tern, making mike more MONEY. thanks for the new pair of eyes! lol

i voted for the cornerman one is that would give my retired fighters something to do etc and the island as that idea was something different to do in game

also i would of voted for the org one but as i have enough trouble running the org as they r i wouldn't want any thing to change

I think it should be harder to bring in money as an org owner. This game is swimming in cash and most of it comes from orgs. If orgs made less money, they would offer less in fighter pay, and everyone would end up with less.

We also need more money sinks to take cash out of the game. Housing would do that as well. Allowing orgs to buy trophies would take money out of the economy.

Bling is a controversial idea, but if it was introduced, I think it should be like custom avatars. You can spend in-game money on the bling if you want to, just like you can spend VIP on a custom avatar if you want to. However, it shouldn't provide any benefit whatsoever. For those who are into really developing their characters, they would sink some money, but those who aren't into that wouldn't be at a disadvantage.

• Upvote 1

Nexus... i agree with you about too much money being made. but dont you think its also partially not enough money being spend while running an org? what i mean is that friends/alliancemates/multi accounts can fight for you for peanuts while you just rake in money. what do you think about every fighter having a set fee to be hired? possibly making it the same price for any org and if loopholes to laundering were cut off also... those 2 things running in conjunction would make orgs really have to work at the same pace as each other and i know theres some orgs out there that are struggling. i got almost all my fighters in my own org and i still lose money on 5 or more events in a row...

and orgs are supposte to mame some money if the manager has gone though the trouble of figuring out just how to make the advertising, hype etc. work together. but that tycoontools thing kinda puts everyone on the same level. and reduces the amount of initial mental investment to a 0. as far as advertising and tickets go.

The Island (you can choose more than one)

-I like the idea

fix arenas

-Fix them how?

cornermen/cutmen/doctors etc.

-I like the idea

stop all laundering loopholes

-Sounds good in practice, but in reality is probably a bad idea unless a lot of things are done to change the game economy. Stoping money laundering alone would actually put older players at even more of an advantage over new players, and make org owners way too powerful. I think 10% of the fighters money going to the manager is way too low. The whole game economy needs to be overhauled imo.

make the game more user friendly for noobs

- Always a good idea

make a no mudslinging / name dropping rule to reduce bullying

- Not 100% sure what you mean, but if you mean no smack talk, smack talk is what creates a lot of fun on the game, the game would probably slowly die without it imo. Without such fun, it's just as well to play a single player game.

the Free Agent situation with fake accounts being created to nab money and just FA's in general and how they are processed

- The free agent situation does need some work, and multi accounts are generally bad of course

make running an org easier and harder. make it harder for people to just use tycoontools (thats bs). and make it easier to create matchups and alphabetize the scroll down lists on new events (more things also to make easier)

- Ahh I think running an org is already a lot of work, don't think it should be made any harder or more time consuming, but I think orgs should be made less profitable especially at the higher levels for the good of the economy

The island gives more bang for the buck imo.

I would rather Mike work on short term programming stuff and bang all of that out to keep the updates coming and the game fresh to him.

Unless, there is some major mechanical flaw in the game like 100% counter I would always prefer him to work on the quick hitters if that's what he thinks is best for the game.

The island will take him two days time. I dont understand how it is sparking all of this debate.

• Upvote 1

''stop all laundering loopholes''

Because to much money in the game, everyone has a private gym and they get high skilled fighters where new managers cant afford it and when he sees them and have fast their guys are training he just leaves.

Agree 100% with this. When I first joined I seen all these Elite fighters and wondered how the hell they managed that then realised they were at a private gym. Even today, I can't compete with certain fighters because they are at private gyms having 1 on 1 coaching sessions. Are these types of gyms realistic? There's not 1 gym in the world where you have 1 on 1 coaching sessions every single day of the week, AM and PM.

Nexus... i agree with you about too much money being made. but dont you think its also partially not enough money being spend while running an org? what i mean is that friends/alliancemates/multi accounts can fight for you for peanuts while you just rake in money. what do you think about every fighter having a set fee to be hired? possibly making it the same price for any org and if loopholes to laundering were cut off also... those 2 things running in conjunction would make orgs really have to work at the same pace as each other and i know theres some orgs out there that are struggling. i got almost all my fighters in my own org and i still lose money on 5 or more events in a row...

Well, that doesn't really fix the problem as I see it. The big problem with orgs making too much money is that they pass this money along to everyone else through inflated contracts, big tournament prizes, etc. Orgs making too much money results in everyone making too much money,

The reason I want orgs to make less is so that they will offer less to fighters, not more. Cutting org profits in combination with having more things for fighters to spend money on would do a lot to suck the excess cash out of the game.

Well, that doesn't really fix the problem as I see it. The big problem with orgs making too much money is that they pass this money along to everyone else through inflated contracts, big tournament prizes, etc. Orgs making too much money results in everyone making too much money,

The reason I want orgs to make less is so that they will offer less to fighters, not more. Cutting org profits in combination with having more things for fighters to spend money on would do a lot to suck the excess cash out of the game.

to narrow down what i was saying... you want to limit the orgs money making abilities... So, go to the source. how are they making the money? and stop that. I believe that comes from paying their friends peanuts and alliance mates. I COULD VERY WELL BE WRONG! idk. but i think that potentially could be the huge problem. so make every fighter require a set contract. then make that fighter keep that money and not be able to launder it. and bam. problem solved.

to narrow down what i was saying... you want to limit the orgs money making abilities... So, go to the source. how are they making the money? and stop that. I believe that comes from paying their friends peanuts and alliance mates. I COULD VERY WELL BE WRONG! idk. but i think that potentially could be the huge problem. so make every fighter require a set contract. then make that fighter keep that money and not be able to launder it. and bam. problem solved.

But then fighters end up with more money, making the problem worse. We need the average fighter to be getting much, much less in fight pay. I'd like to reduce org profits by increasing arena fees for arenas larger than 2000 or 3000. Also, introduce some additional expenses for larger orgs to sink some of their profits. If orgs don't have as much money, they won't be able to pay ridiculously high salaries that are breaking the game's economy by giving every experienced fighter more money than he can possibly spend.

idk. i just lost money on my last event, AGAIN. and i had a five card streak just end a week ago where i was losing money on every event. I planned for this tho and i have plenty of money to last me some more negative events. but i dont think im in the mix of those orgs makign too much. im also running 3 shows a week. maybe thats why im losing my ass.