JAG Battle League Smack Talk Forum

YungGreazy

oh shit that`s Joao Neves, formerly from Battle of the Beefcakes :)

This was their final. TJ did really well in this tourney, I kicked myself for not entering it:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentaryold.php?FTID=934844

Fun fact: TJ managed Neves back then and now manages his opponent from the finale Samsonov. Both studs until now.

I always thought Neves could use a rare weight increase to about 270 walking weight to compliment his power and style. But that`s easy to say post fight.

If he drops any weight (as mentioned in the interview) and enters 205 territory I actually might have a good opponent for him in his ID range.

What edge are you trying to exploit this time

• Upvote 2

what line? he got thoroughly dominated.

Fighting real competition, something you aren’t familiar with. Get in line chump, or bring a legit HW with legit hype my way and stop crushing cans with your own matchmaking. OR you can bring a legit hyped fighter and try to beat Xe yourself, you scared bitch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/17/17b13.jpg

Ladera "Doom" Hawthorne

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=332429

" Big fight today, I was told by management that although they love having me the team and that everyone knows how talented I am that a loss tonight means loss of management and access to Epicity fight team's facilities and trainers. I've put everything I've had into my career... My wife, my kids, my family, my friends... I've sacrificed my relationship with them all to ensure I put everything into these last few fights. No matter what happens out there with Mr. Watson I know I gave it my all. "

• Upvote 1

JAG Plus 5/09

What an evening we have planned for you! Fighters will arrive from all over the world with one intent, utter violence. Anytime the headline event has someone with the name “Neckbreaker” you know it is going to be good. As usual for JAG the whole card is stacked. Let's breakdown the events top fights.

#1 Slammy Neckbreaker (17-7) Vs. #5 Aleksey "The Machine" Viktorov (14-4) - 135lb Bantamweight Bout

Two high ranked Bantamweights battling it out. Both have a recent loss to current bantamweight champ. Will this win be enough to earn a rematch? Possibly, either way the winner is one step closer. Neckbreaker will try to live up to his name. He wants to wrestle. He’ll “break your neck” via vicious slams or from a nasty submission. Oh yeah, this dude can strike with the best of them, his boxing is legit. His opponent, Aleksey "The Machine" Viktorov is aware of the tall order in front of him. Viktorov is no stranger to big fights and dangerous opponents. His last fight was a 2nd round loss to the champion JoJo Diaz. This is a big fight for Viktorov, he wants to prove he belongs with the top dogs permanently. On paper Viktorov is at a big disadvantage everywhere but his bjj. Both fighters are brown belts.

Can Aleksey "The Machine" Viktorov configure his mechanics to destroy the Neckbreaker?

Prediction: Neckbreaker keeps this one standing and finishes Viktorov with a vicious 1st round KO.

Bruce White Jr (11-8) Vs. Leo "Master of Puppets" Vuce (7-5) - 145lb Featherweight Bout

When you look at these two fighters, it is a real tribute to how talented a league JAG is. Look, both these fighters have struggled recently. But both are incredibly talented. Before JAG both had near spotless records. They’ve recently been involved in some battles. It’s how JAG does it. This fight will be no different. Both guys are extremely well rounded. This fight could go anywhere. I have no idea how to predict it….but of course I will try. The winner of this gets some much needed positive momentum, a run up the rankings could be possible.

Prediction: Bruce has a slight advantage in wrestling but he won’t use it. Instead this fight turns into a stand-up slugfest. By the third round both fighters are cut and battered. Bruce lands a haymaker that finishes things. Bruce White Jr. winner by 3rd Round KO.

Khakim Khadzhimurad (8-1) Vs. #5 Manny "El Diablo" Perez (10-9) - 145lb Featherweight Bout

Oh boy, I am really excited about this fight. First off, the featherweight division is just stacked. Secondly, these two guys are both in very crucial positions. Do not let Perez’s record fool you, he is elite for 10-9. JAG knows this and has him at #5 in the division rankings. Perez is very well rounded but likes to box. I think he will look to capitalize on that advantage in this fight. His opponent Khakim Khadzhimurad could be on the verge of something big. His last fight was his JAG debut. He proved he can hang with top tier talent and earned a split decision victory over Bruce White Jr. Khakim is also very well rounded but excels in bjj. He will want to get this fought on the ground and look to finish with a submission. If Khakim wins he will be 2-0 in JAG, and probably will move into the top 5. A title shot could be on the horizon. A win for Perez would solidify him in the top 5 and set him up for a big fight or a title shot next. This division is just stacked, lots of dangerous fighters sitting right outside the top 5.

Prediction: My brain says Perez wins by 2nd round KO. However, my intuition says Khakim somehow pulls out a sneaky submission in the third after taking a beating for two rounds. I will trust my instincts, Khakim by submission in the third, book it.

Phol Boxaaja (17-6) Vs. Max "Captain" Chaos (16-7) - 170lb Welterweight Bout

Two uber talented fighters both coming off of their JAG debuts. Expect both guys to be making noise in the welterweight division in the upcoming months. Winner here will take a big step in the right direction. Max "Captain" Chaos has a blackbelt and is an elite wrestler. His boxing is very solid as well. This man is just dangerous. Phol is very well rounded but his specialty is striking. He is an elite boxer. Both fighters can hang in the area of their opponents expertise. This will be a really fun fight. I think the winner here gets on a win streak after this.

Prediction: An absolutely chaotic fight. Phil gets to box for the whole first round. The 2nd round is filled with Chaos trying to sink in a submission from all sorts of vantage points. Fight is tied 1-1 after two rounds. In a brutal third round that sees nasty stand up exchanges Chaos eventually lands a huge takedown. With seconds to spare Chaos sinks in a rear naked choke, that sends the whole crowd into a frenzy. Max "Captain" Chaos winner by 3rd round submission.

Undercard

The undercard is packed with great fights. Get to the arena early to catch these. I guarantee there is at least one future champ fighting down below. My eyes are on The Can Cruncher. He is young and mean but will have a very tough task in veteran Marc Read, should be a great fight.

Billy "The Kid" Cubbedge (9-5) Vs. Dimitri Buriak (13-7) - 185lb Middleweight Bout

Tatu "Taittaja" Kurri (14-5) Vs. Dylan Peterson (10-2) - 170lb Welterweight Bout

Marc Read (5-4-1) Vs. Captain "The Can Cruncher" Crunch (5-1) - 205lb Light Heavyweight Bout

Madik MBaku (13-5) Vs. Jack Steel "Hammer" (11-5) - 265lb Heavyweight Bout

Chief "Evil Spirit" Slayer (8-10) Vs. Carlos Arnoldo "Alligator" Perda Segurio (2-7) - 155lb Lightweight Bout

Hayato Sakuraba (2-4) Vs. Aleksander "Olo" Kazimierz (8-14-1) - 135lb Bantamweight Bout

JAG would like to thank all the fighters and the fans for their continuous support. We are proud to bring you this great night of fights. As usual...FIGHT ON!

-BH

• Upvote 3

JAG Plus 5/16

It is that time folks. Week after week our JAG warriors step into the octagon to defend their honor and JAG’s legacy. This week will be more of the same…. Violence, honor and legacy. London will be electric, we are anticipating a sold out crowd at the famed H2O Arena. President Nate Baker commented, “We love London! One of the world's best cities, showcasing the world's best fighters. We stacked this card from top to bottom. The championship fight obviously has some bad blood, I think that has spilled over to the rest of the card. Almost all of these fighters seem to genuinely dislike their opponent. We have extra security backstage as we are expecting fights in the locker rooms throughout the evening”. Exciting words form our president. He is of course referring to the bad blood between Welterweight Champ Jim Jones Jr. and #1 Contender Lee Roy. Safe to say they come from different backgrounds; they have been exchanging insults via interviews and social media for months now. This card is filled with huge fights that will have great impacts on fighters rankings and careers. Add to that the bad blood and heated press conferences, and we have all the makings for an explosive event. From an organizational standpoint, we are excited but also frantically working to make sure everything goes off smoothly, and no fighters get jumped backstage. If you are a fan, all you need to do is sit back, and grab the popcorn, also don't blink, cause ANYTHING can happen on this night.

© "Son of a preacher man" Jim Jones Jr (12-7) Vs. #1 "General" Lee Roy (10-4-1) - 170lb Welterweight Championship Bout

Bad blood aside, we have two studs both riding win streaks. The Champ, "Son of a preacher man" Jim Jones Jr, is just on fire. Winner of 4 in a row, he is coming off his first title defense where he won via unanimous decision in a masterful display of skill. His opponent "General" Lee Roy will be his greatest challenge to date. He is riding a 2 fight win streak and has proved himself worthy of a title shot. Both fighters are very well rounded. A slight advantage for Lee standing, and a slight advantage for Jim grappling. Now, let's talk about the bad blood. These guys don't like each other. IF this fight is a finish, the ref will have a hard time pulling the winner off. Both guys have gone on record saying they will try to land extra shots. This is exciting, I am expecting this to be neck and neck, with a great chance of a rematch down the road.

Prediction: In a fight with razor thin margins I am going to give current Champ a slight edge. Jones Jr.’s experience advantage will play a factor. "Son of a preacher man" Jim Jones Jr opens the gates of hell and unleashes a demon on General Lee. Jones Jr. winner by third round kneebar.

#2 Boris Matusov (21-10) Vs. "Hanging" Chad Smith (11-6) - 170lb Welterweight Bout

This will be fun. Boris Matusov has been a mainstay in the top 5 of JAG welterweight division. He has won two and a row, and considering the champ is fighting the #1 contender in the fight above, one could make the claim if Boris wins here he will get a title shot. His opponent "Hanging" Chad Smith, is new to JAG. This will be his second fight under our banner. He looked great in his debut, and won via an amazing spinning backfist. KO’s like that get you big fights and that's just what this is. A win for Chad may not mean a title shot, but he would be catapulted into the top 5. This fight is a great match stylistically. Boris has a black belt, while Chad loves to showcase his Muay Thai. Expect a dogfight that should be very exciting to watch. Mark my words, zero percent chance this fight goes to the cards. Someone will be finished. How it is finished or who is finished, all depends if Chad can defend the takedown. If Chad can keep the fight standing he wins, if he succumbs to a takedown, he will lose.

Prediction: Chad successfully defends early takedown attempts and lands another vicious spinning backfist to win via KO. Fans are pleading for him to get a title shot due to his exciting back to back fishes.

#5 Manuel Neuer (13-8) Vs. #4 Jacks "Devil Dawg" Sole (7-0-1) - 185lb Middleweight Bout

What a huge fight. Two well rounded brawlers, both love their bjj and both can stand and bang. Jack Sole is a fearless up and coming prospect who has not yet tasted defeat. Manuel Neuer is a fiery vet who is eager to show Jack what losing tastes like. These guys have gotten pretty nasty with each other in the press conferences. Jack commenting that when you say Manuel Neuer’s name fast it sound like you are saying “sh*t” and that is exactly how Manuel fights. Manuel commented back that Jack “fights like a fairy” and “only enjoys obese women”. From there the comments got pretty weird and dark, I will spare you the details,(also, shout out to all types of women!).

Prediction: In a brutal bloody slugfest where both fighters talk trash throughout their bloody exchanges, Manuel Neuer is able to slip in a rear naked choke in the 3rd. The ref is barely able to yank Manuel off of Jack as he attempts to stop the fight. Manuel then stands over Jack's unconscious body screaming, ”What does my name sound like now??!!! You fight like Sh*T!!!!”, he then spits blood on his lifeless opponent. President Nate Baker is not happy with Manuel but understands the built up emotions. No post fight discipline takes place.

Rayful Edmond (9-3) Vs. Jan Sobieski (10-4) - 205lb Light Heavyweight Bout

Couple of JAG vets duking it out, with the winner building some much needed momentum. Rayful Edmond has to figure he is not too far off from the top 5. Two of his last three fights were against top 5 opponents. He lost both of those matches but has won a fight since, against an unranked opponent. While Jan Sobieski is also unranked , he is very good and well rounded. He is 2-2 in his last 4 fights, all of those in JAG, and all against very tough opponents.

Prediction: Expect a very well rounded fight with two professionals who come ready to throw down. Both fighters respect the other's brown belt and “agree” to keep the fight standing. They exchange vicious elbows, knees, kicks and punches for three rounds. Jan Sobieksi wins via split decision after an amazing display of heart from both fighters.

Undercard

This may be the most stacked undercard I have ever seen. We have legit title elimination fights and other great top 5 matchups. Show up early for this one folks, some amazing fights down there. I am very excited to see Jack Blood get back in the octagon. He rebounded nicely from his title defeat with a nice win, now he aims to make it two in a row. First fight of the night showcases a very interesting prospect in Luke Venderag, looking for him to be in a dogfight with veteran KarateO Masuta. Here is a full list of all fights on the undercard.

Harri "Haulikko" Haaparanta (8-6) Vs. Jesse Juntta (7-9-1) - 145lb Featherweight Bout

#4 Char Xiu (9-3-1) Vs. #2 "LIL Frog" Kron Diego (14-4-1) - 145lb Featherweight Bout

#2 Jack "The Grinder" Blood (14-2) Vs. #5 Umberto "Merguez" Turturro (15-7) - 265lb Heavyweight Bout

Kento Kawamata (11-5) Vs. #3 Biff "The Unemployed Nanny" Raper (19-7) - 205lb Light Heavyweight Bout

#1 John "Johnny" Lawrence (14-6) Vs. #2 "Ruthless" Roy Roach (10-6) - 185lb Middleweight Bout

Luke Venderag (1-0) Vs. KarateO Masuta (7-6) - 185lb Middleweight Bout

JAG would like to thank all the fighters and the fans for their continuous support. We are proud to bring you this great night of fights. As usual...FIGHT ON!

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

JAG Respect My Grind 5/30

Respect. What does it even mean? “You better respect me”, they always say..... “or what?......”, was always my favourite response. Tonight though, we talk about respecting something that is indisputable. The Grind. Every fighter respects the Grind. You may not respect your opponent, or your sparring partners, or anyone... hell if I was the baddest man on the planet I probably wouldn't respect nobody either. But every fighter respects The Grind. You know why? Because if you don't, no one will even know who you are. For your name to even be considered to be mentioned in an event preview means you respect The Grind. Otherwise, no one would even know your name. So for this week, let's do our best to respect absolutely no one...except The GRIND!

Sergey Objedkov (11-5) Vs. Anthon Van Der Dusse (9-8) - 135lb Welterweight Championship Bout

Couple of top 135’ers here at the top of this card. Both sniffing the top 5, and when you look at how talented these guys are you know why. Anthon is 26 and Sergey is 27, both fighters have long careers ahead of them. If either one of them can continue their winning ways, a title shot will be inevitable. This will be a big step on that journey. There is a lot to gain and a lot to lose in this one folks. Stylistically Sergey seems to have an advantage in most areas. Sergey is a back belt and known for finishing his fights via submission. Sergey is quite good on his feet, he is a very well rounded fighter. His opponent, Anthon is also very well rounded. Anthon has wins on his record by tko and submission. However, Anton is a brown belt compared to Sergeys black, and Anton is not known for his technical or precise striking. Hey it's a fight though, anything can happen when two top warriors step into the cage.

Prediction: Sergey does the deed and submits Anthon in the third. Sergey says he wants to face a top 5 opponent and tells the whole division, “Pappa’s home”,... the crowd goes crazyyyy.

Nelson Quinteros (16-6) Vs. Ernesto Llosa (12-7) - 170lb Welterweight Bout

Good news here, someone will break their losing streak. Bad news, someone will add to their losing streak. Both fighters come into this one riding a two fight losing streak. More a tribute to JAG’s top level competition than either of these fighters regressing. Both are top level and will be ready for a great fight. Plain and simple, Ernesto wants this fight on the ground, while Nelson wants to stand and exchange. Ernesto's wrestling is next level, Nelson will have to be on constant lookout for a takedown. I actually saw these guys at the same restaurant two weeks back. They kept sending each other bottles of champagne. Then winking and blowing kisses at one another. Finally, as Nelson walked out he sneezed as he passed Ernesto's table. An all out scrap broke out between entourages, it was quite the scene. I was barley through my shrimp scampi when it all took place, but I got a pretty good view of things. Nelson landed a couple shots but Ernesto was working a single leg, at that exact moment the entire kitchen staff came bursting out of the kitchen yielding knives. That escalated the fight for another 15 minutes or so. Eventually everything subsided when the fire department arrived and turned on the hoses. It was at that point when I felt my shrimp scampi was ruined.

Prediction: Ersesto’s relentless takedowns finally wear Nelson down in the third; an exhausted Nelson succumbs to a kimura. In the post fight interview Ernesto repeatedly says “Bless You” throughout his responses in an attempt to mock Nelson’s sneeze at the restaurant.

Aku Serronen (13-8) Vs. "The King" Elvis Presley (13-6-1) - 170lb Middleweight Bout

We got to show some respect to the king right? Of course we do. Elvis Presley himself will get to welcome Aku Serronen to JAG, as Aku will be making his JAG debut. What an honor to see “The King” on your debut. If things go well maybe one day you will see “The Champ”, for in our world the champ out rules the king. Two well rounded guys, anything can happen in this one. Elvis is riding a 3 fight win streak. Aku is coming off a 2 fight losing streak in an outside organization, safe to say he is very eager for a fresh start.

Prediction: Aku listens to Elvis sing as he sinks in an armbar in the third that leaves Elvis singing to the ref to stop the fight.

Detkhunjon Sitsongrit (11-6) Vs. Astro Traveller (6-5) - 135lb Light Heavyweight Bout

Two guys hoping to get back to their winning ways. Both had nice win streaks brewing before losing their most recent fights. Good news, one of them will be able to turn that momentum around quickly. When looking at the other side of that coin, the loser will be officially on a losing streak… Both guys are top level and very well rounded, though I expect this one to stay standing.

Prediction: Detkhunjon giggles as Joe Rogan keeps mispronouncing his name in the post fight interview; Detkhunjon by way of 2nd round KO.

Undercard

“The trees of today were the seeds of yesterday” -Some profound person. In all truth, look below, you will see future top contenders. It's here where JAG contenders start to work their way to the top of the rankings. These people down below, are respecting the GRIND.

205 lbs 3 Aydan The Wandering Spirit v Eerikki Salmi

185 lbs 3 Billy Cubbedge v Roland Weudke

185 lbs 3 Marc Read v Jacks Sole

135 lbs 3 Snake Rex v John Silver

185 lbs 3 Thorvald Espensen v Jaakko Ilmarinen

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

JAG Glad Max IV this weekend in London features some massive fights, including the LHW and HW titles up for grabs. But the headline fight is between #1 and #6 fighters on the orgs roster - Mantak “Hands of Shiva” Garuda and Panda “Supernova” Aorigele.

This matchup has been brewing for a couple of months now, ever since the then reigning HW champion Aorigele reached out to challenge the then LHW champion for a super fight, to put their respective dominating records on the line and see who was the baddest man in the organisation. Both men had effectively cleared out their divisions and were keen to face a true battle of fist and brains.

Since this fight was agreed Panda lost his title in a shock KO defeat by tough up and coming New Yorker Professor Xe, whilst Garuda watched on at the H20 arena back in April.

Undeterred, Garuda has pushed on with his weight gaining regime and has been training as hard as every for what he has called the toughest fight in his career, and possibly the biggest fight in JAG Battle League history.

Join us on the 6th of June to see those two giant men in their fighting prime battle for supremacy, bragging rights, and true combat excellence, all for your entertainment.

• Upvote 4

Hello JAG friends, just an FYI that FARTMMA has officially transitioned all divisions into the 330k ID.

This will give us more flexibility as well as the opportunity to do cross-promotional matches with JAG.

Keep strong JAG, together we will continue marching towards Unlimited ID.

It has been ages since an org marched down to Unlimited ID from creation, RISE and Empirian almost did it but ultimately failed, we are the last hope.

1457975259-armwrestle.gif?resize=480:*

P.S. I`m the black guy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/1300066337C%20F%20Club.jpg

Kermit "The Muscle Frog" Archer

8-3-0 (7 TKO, 1 DEC)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40w30.jpg

VS

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15714745721668.jpg

"Static" Damien Hawthorne

10-7-0 (7 TKO, 3 DEC)

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths:

Granite Chin

Muay Thai

Weaknesses:

Wrestling

Management

Key(s) to Victory:

Avoid kicks

Get the fight to the ground

Corner:

Chris Karter

Kajun Puno

Orlando Diggs

sponsored by

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/thumbnail/1590407398Trap%20House%20Banner.png http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/thumbnail/1265562558convictedclothingthumbn.jpg

Hello JAG friends, just an FYI that FARTMMA has officially transitioned all divisions into the 330k ID.

This will give us more flexibility as well as the opportunity to do cross-promotional matches with JAG.

Keep strong JAG, together we will continue marching towards Unlimited ID.

It has been ages since an org marched down to Unlimited ID from creation, RISE and Empirian almost did it but ultimately failed, we are the last hope.

1457975259-armwrestle.gif?resize=480:*

P.S. I`m the black guy

I hope that's the case we can do cross league promotions. I look forward to sooner than later.

P.S. I'm the black guy too

Panda "Supernova" Aorigele (337281)

15498433676531.jpg

Thanks for the fight Garuda, it was fun while it lasted. I pulled a Cody Garbrandt and went for the kill after the second knockdown, but he hit me in my belly with a strike that hurt me, and instead of retreating I went forward and unfortunately I paid for it. Round Of The Year contender though. Can’t wait to watch Bubba vs Garuda, good luck guys.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1008370

• Upvote 2

Hell of a fight / round indeed Panda and Bradley!

Garuda is currently in his meditation chambers icing down his fists and his chin. But on his behalf I want to say thanks very much for an explosive welcome to the big boy division. A fight that had it all in 5 pummelling minutes. This is certainly where the action is.

Whoever Nate, Jack and all the JAG management team decide is next for Garuda we will be ready for more of the same.

• Upvote 2