5 Initials: KT QFC <-- And why not grappling QFC too?!

QFC KT project testing

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

Nuff said right?

No?

OK, let me elaborate.

How many of you make a project fighter with Kickboxing skills.  The guy can out split Jean-Claude and his elbows are so effective that he has never once missed the subway in Tokyo.  However... it doesn't take a team of Untouchables led by Kevin Costner to take him down, it doesn't even take a light sneeze.  Dude sometimes just falls over on his own and then taps out in panic.

So you want to test your young protege before investing countless tycoon months and bucks but you know your first QFC opponent will be some fucking NCAA Div-1 with a black belt in origami. Conundrum right?

NOT ANY MORE!  Let me introduce to you the idea of a KT QFC.  Your boy only has standup and you want to test his KO power, heart, chin and confidence, not how quickly he can be submitted in Round 1.  So you take a KT QFC and ka-blammo, in next-to-no-time you're kicking heads with some other semi-literate degenerate who is likely to get in trouble due to his connections to the Albanian mafia.

And to show I am not standup biased, why not the same shit for the ground game?  

If you're worried about spreading the QFCs too thin, limit people to 2-3 style-specific QFCs in a time period, for example 6 months real time.  Problem solvered.

You're welcome and good night.  

#2 ddennis2

ddennis2

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:43 AM

93e6b7f1fb3dcfcf761c5f8fd78c24573b75a664

#3 ScoobyAli

ScoobyAli

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

Black belt in origami.... where did we get this guy lol

1484925009Taijutsu.gifKmiLato.gif1418162563rnc.jpg

#4 MMATycoon

MMATycoon

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

It's definitely a case of excessive waiting times because there wouldn't be enough people doing it.

#5 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

I guess one could say this idea is pretty rad :D

vbw8Ba.gif

Wolf is a fucking cheater

#6 skull

skull

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

How does a QFC org work, is there a way to set that up with kickboxing rules?

#7 Skap

Skap

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

Ive waited and left because I couldnt get a fight... This will make it harder.   you can test this yourself with the help of alliance mates. Sorry I just dont like the idea.

Edit: Maybe if there was a QFC bot or two in place that guaranteed a matchup it would work out but at this time Im not in favor of this. 

Edited by Dirtbag.Danny, 27 November 2014 - 05:16 PM.

44733e85-a2ce-4e15-af1b-eecf9b7776a1_zps

#8 mmastation

mmastation

White Belt

• Manager
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:45 PM

It's definitely a case of excessive waiting times because there wouldn't be enough people doing it.

I would absolutely use it.

Would it be possible where its a global org? You both no energy loss auto fly to the location and fight? That way all cities use the same QFC for striking/grappling only?

Just spitballing.

#9 Skap

Skap

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:25 PM

Not everyone playing can afford to fly to a location... New players would automatically be getting the shaft! Nope, this is a bad idea at this time!

#10 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:20 PM

1) Free flights for the QFC world sounds good.

2) I like the idea, I've wanted it for a while. But it should be just for level one dudes, no easy wins for level two fighters.

#11 mmastation

mmastation

White Belt

• Manager
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

Not everyone playing can afford to fly to a location... New players would automatically be getting the shaft! Nope, this is a bad idea at this time!

you dont pay for auto flights do you?

• Guests

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

DO I need to do ALL the thinking? :P

Get rid of cities for QFC.  Only one QFC arena with automatic, no time or energy loss travel to each event and back.

#13 Skap

Skap

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:51 PM

DO I need to do ALL the thinking? :P

Get rid of cities for QFC.  Only one QFC arena with automatic, no time or energy loss travel to each event and back.

Silly man, the answere is Yes!   I think getting rid of cities for QFC would actually be a good idea =)

• Guests

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:56 AM

That's because you sir are a man of high sophistication and worthy intellect.  Probably.  

EDIT: To address Bwang's concern about Level 2.  I think an amount of participation per time limit would achieve the same effect.  It means if you got a guy to a good level and wanted to test him (at Level 2) then you can, but not more than a couple of times.

I also think serious consideration is needed for the QFC levelling system.  Either to raise the cap on Level 1 slightly, or to add in a Level 3.

#15 Skap

Skap

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:06 AM

I would love to see a level 3 on the QFC and have wondered why its not happend yet.

#16 METAL666nz

METAL666nz

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:Metal, Gaming, Speedway, V8's, Fighting
  • Manager Profile

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

I'm all for this idea. Would be great and surly this would help draw in new managers as well. The wait times would be a lot less so they would get to fight quicker. And would really like a KT/grappling split

Mayhem is holding Plower round the back of the neck and unloading with elbows! Boom, boom, boom! 3 big elbows land right to the bridge of the nose and Plower goes down! Oh, his nose is a mess! I'm not sure he's going to beat the count... 4,5,6,7,8,9,10. He's done! Mayhem takes it and Plower is going to the hospital to get that nose checked out!

#17 MMATycoon

MMATycoon

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

There can't be "no location" for QFCs because then you wouldn't know what time to run the fights. We can run all QFCs in a certain location but then which location? Some times are good for some people and not for others.

Level 3 QFC there isn't enough people for but I would be happy to move the boundaries or just block people above a certain skill level from doing QFCs all together.

#18 Mr.J

Mr.J

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,164 posts
  • Interests:Football,MMA and not giving a fuck.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

There can't be "no location" for QFCs because then you wouldn't know what time to run the fights. We can run all QFCs in a certain location but then which location?
r.

May be just do all QFC's at 1800 GMT.

tWUInvj.jpg?1
Modesty is the pride of the Mediocre.
According to me is the only according to me that matters.
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

Self interest is the best interest.

#19 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

If we have to wait 3 days for a QFC or longer if there's no opponent waiting, what time of day they happen doesn't really matter, in my eyes.  How about midnight GMT just for fun.

• Guests

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:30 AM

Agree with above.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: QFC, KT, project testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users