Priority Training For 18 Y/O Prospects

SnapDragon

I would start with secondaries for sure because physicals train at the same speed with every age but secondaries and primaries (as far as I understand you want to do sparrings with them) does train based on age.

It also depends a little how you train if you have private gym where you can get 1 on 1 training with coach then normaly everyone train secondaries untill age like 20 - 21 and then start to put in some sparrings and physicals but thats also how fast you want to start to fight.

If you want to start to fight faster you should start to train physicals faster because they are important in fights but if you want to build your fighter more well rounded before he fights then I would recommend to get few of the important secondaries to levels above wonderfull and then train physicals and fight.

• Upvote 1

N/M I found the answer to my question. Please disregard what is, im sure, an annoyingly repetitive question.

It's good to ask questions. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions. I don't care how many times people have asked them in the past. Sure there is a search feature in this forum but it's rediculous to use and I've actually never found anything I was looking for by using the search feature.

• Upvote 1

What are you not sure about?

Normaly when you want to create project fighter who would be able to train in private gym with 1 on 1 coaching you start him with 110 MT because sparring MT will increase your Knees and Elbows and in this stage of the game they are not that good and you dont really want to lose your point for fighter skills because there is a skill gap.

Then you make secondaries where I would recommend Kicks Clinch and Takedown defence and train up Punches Striking defence and Defencive grappling to sensational levels then put in few weeks in pshyicals and then go to fights and improve your fighter more after with what ever you want.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What are you not sure about?

Normaly when you want to create project fighter who would be able to train in private gym with 1 on 1 coaching you start him with 110 MT because sparring MT will increase your Knees and Elbows and in this stage of the game they are not that good and you dont really want to lose your point for fighter skills because there is a skill gap.

Then you make secondaries where I would recommend Kicks Clinch and Takedown defence and train up Punches Striking defence and Defencive grappling to sensational levels then put in few weeks in pshyicals and then go to fights and improve your fighter more after with what ever you want.

Because granted started with muay thai as a primary, and then clinchwork, defensive striking, punching, seems to be the blueprint, after that it has been suggested you go to physicals and then secondaries, almost backward training. But there is a lot to read and ive only scratched the surface.

Also project fighters are important to test. People test them based on moslty 3 things.

1. Training speed - You train 1 skill for 1 seesions with 1 on 1 coach and basicaly if he is slow you cut him. There are way to get exact numbers on skills but I would say if the fighter improves from useless-- to useless+ keep it. If he improves from useless-- to useless- that would say he is not all that fast of a learner.

2. Hiddens - Once you have a fight when you created your fighter you can see in the TOTT what hiddens he has. If he has Granite chin for example its a must keep thats the best hidden you can get. If he has others Solid chin or something then you should also probably keep him these are not bad hiddens. Bad hiddens would be good in bed or tends to cut.

3. Morale - if you lose your first fight you have to check your fighters morale and if its low after loss then he has bad confidence what is pretty bad thing for a fighter.

• Downvote 1

Because granted started with muay thai as a primary, and then clinchwork, defensive striking, punching, seems to be the blueprint, after that it has been suggested you go to physicals and then secondaries, almost backward training. But there is a lot to read and ive only scratched the surface.

Well I would not pick Striking Defence on start because you can get double Elite coach with MT and Boxing and improve your striking defence with both of these priamaries. I would recommend to better get skills where you can only improve one of the primaries once you train the secondarie that way you would get your fighter to better levels faster.

If you want to build him as project and train after few months (real time not game time) NEVER start with pshyicals because then as I said train at the same speed at every age where secondaries doesnt. 18 year old you would better train first secondaries because then you can get best benefits out of it and then go pshyicals at age you want to start to fight because they are important in fights.

• Downvote 1

But being good in bed must make you massively popular, i dont see the downside...

"I would recommend to better get skills where you can only improve one of the primaries once you train the secondarie that way you would get your fighter to better levels faster."

What would be the examples of these?

Well its not good in fight game :D

There you can read about hiddens if you are intrested.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24764&hl=hiddens

You can see it here

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Training

ive actually read those, what im curious about are the trained skills you were referring to that improve only one vs multiple.

Well its all there

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Training

As you can see for example if you train kicks you need MT coach and you will train Kicks and also MT but if you train Striking Defence you need Boxing and MT coach (well you can have only of of them but then training will be slower) and you will train Striking Defence and MT and Boxing.

Kicks

Trains your kicks and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's Muay Thai training level.

Standing Elbows

Trains your elbows and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's Muay Thai training level.

Knees

Trains your knees and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's Muay Thai training level.

Clinchwork

Trains your clinchwork rating and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's Muay Thai, wrestling and also a little boxing (secondary) training levels.

Striking defense

Trains your striking defense rating and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's Muay Thai and boxing training levels.

Takedown offense

Trains your takedown offense rating and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's wrestling training level.

Takedown defense

Trains your takedown defense rating and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's wrestling training level.

Ground n pound

Trains your ground n pound rating and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's wrestling and BJJ training levels.

Sub offense

Trains your submission offense rating and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's wrestling and BJJ training levels.

Defensive grappling

Trains your defensive grappling rating and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's wrestling and BJJ training levels.

Transitions

Trains your Transitions rating (moving from one position to another on the ground) and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's wrestling and BJJ training levels.

Escapes

Trains your Escapes rating (getting back to your feet from the ground) and any peripheral benefits. Looks at your trainer's wrestling and BJJ training levels.

Right, but your argument seems a little contradictory to me. You suggest to focus on skills that are only developed by a single discipline, but its much easier to find, or create if you own your own gym, a master of a single discipline then it is to find/create a master of multiple disciplines. For example, clinchwork seems to be the most difficult to learn because it requires 3 disciplines to teach. Now, do the 3 disciplines reflect the speed of learning or the affectiveness of whats been learned or what? I could learn punching from a boxer, or a muay thai fighter, same as striking defense, but having a teacher with both is better. In the end is it the same, or is there something in the stats that reflect if one is better to learn from than the other because i thought i remember reading that.

Right, but your argument seems a little contradictory to me. You suggest to focus on skills that are only developed by a single discipline, but its much easier to find, or create if you own your own gym, a master of a single discipline then it is to find/create a master of multiple disciplines. For example, clinchwork seems to be the most difficult to learn because it requires 3 disciplines to teach. Now, do the 3 disciplines reflect the speed of learning or the affectiveness of whats been learned or what? I could learn punching from a boxer, or a muay thai fighter, same as striking defense, but having a teacher with both is better. In the end is it the same, or is there something in the stats that reflect if one is better to learn from than the other because i thought i remember reading that.

Well every skills train at the same speed if you train them based on what coach skills you need. It really doesnt matter what you are training Clinchwork will train as fast as the skills like Kicks for example even if he needs 3 skills for the coach the only problem is that you will need to waste more money to owe a coach like that.

Yes you can learn Punches from only a MT or Boxing coach but the training speed then will be lower if you have coach with both Boxing and MT skills.

PM me in game