Writer of the year

SteelPenn

Dinoo, I appreciate the honest, constructive criticism as it will undoubtedly assist me in becoming a more creative, interesting writer for this game. You're correct that much of my format and content are quite similar due to the fact that I'm still adapting to this game. Also, DarkSoul goes very much in-depth with statistics and rankings for Steel Penn Alliance, so I don't want to be overbearing with such content as he does an excellent job of conveying that information. I have done an interview show and it was definitely fun and challenging as the language barrier at times was quite an obstacle.

If I had more time to write more creative, in-depth write ups I would certainly do so, but there are times when my full-time work schedule, along with other interests and endeavors, take quite a bit of my time. However, I'll do my best to explore other avenues of creativity when I am able to do so. Thank you for taking the time to enlighten me about the consistently excellent work the others you have mentioned have been doing for years. Since I've only been in the game for approximately 4 months, there is still much for me to learn. If people find my material entertaining then that's fantastic. If they don't, that's very understandable and I don't take it personally. After all, this is a game and everyone enjoys different aspects of it. If I can contribute to the game, especially the fun factor, then all the better for those who choose to allow it to impact them.

Lastly, no, I don't have a degree in writing whatsoever. I have a degree in Psychology but in general, having the exposure to college plus reading some excellent books by top notch authors has assisted me in my writing, undoubtedly :yes:

• Upvote 1

JLP and RDalyColts, yes, I do tend to use a lot of exclamation marks because I try to emphasize a feeling of excitement, particularly for the younger managers. The real life UFC and Bellator announcers always use a great deal of excitement within their commentary, even if the information in itself is bland or arbitrary. I think they adapted the style from WWE and WCW announcers myself. Hell, Joe Rogan has that approach down pat lol

I do what I can to write informational and humorous summaries / write ups. If people like them, cool. If not, cool. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Thus is human nature :-)

Don't worry about me, I was just fucking with you a bit. Everyone who writes and does it well finds their own voice. Keep up the good work.

I enjoy Peel Steel and Furius Style's write ups, they both deserve to be nominated for writer of the year. The best interviewer in this game goes to Jolon Williams / Firus who deserves a nomination as well. BrotherHec's Face-Off format with Diggs and BrainSmasher's guy was prolly the most entertaining chatroom experience I've ever had though.

Thank you JLP and CKeppelrun, I appreciate the vote of confidence and no worries. Messin' with me is all a part of the game and it makes me laugh so it's all good.

Dinooo, I appreciate the understanding. My last name is misspelled quite often because of its proximity to spelling of the color Green so I can relate. However, I'm sure your last name is butchered when people attempt to pronunciate it properly. No matter how you spell Green, it still sounds the same so I'm fortunate in that regard.