Next island season start?

Bravo

Hey Raichu, you doing anything for the next Island season?

Definitely. I'm gonna give the island a very strong org that is heavily involved in what's best for the fighters.

If we make profit that's fantastic but my main focus is making sure each fighter signed is at top morale and very happy to be with us?

• Upvote 2

Ok so current staff has spoke and agreed a tournament is a fantastic idea.

My only hold off now is if I can staff said person when island starts. If I can it will be 2 tournaments. If I cant then I might do both still or only do 1 it depends on my free time. I have a lot right now but i will use a little less time once school assigns start but I guarantee 100% activeness I will be?

• Upvote 1

Some good ideas here. I don't quite understand striving for the next Island season when the last one literally just ended in total mysery. but hopefully this next season will be the one when everything goes right.

I know MMA fans have an uncontrollable lust for big men so I'll take it as a fact that there will be a tournament at HW division. What I would like on top of that is a 70kg/155 pounds tournament as well - do it K-1 style and call it the "Alcatraz Beatdown Grand Prix" (HW) and "Alcatraz Beatdown MAX" (155 pounds). it will be a fun throwback for nostalgia's sake.

Some good ideas here. I don't quite understand striving for the next Island season when the last one literally just ended in total mysery. but hopefully this next season will be the one when everything goes right.

I know MMA fans have an uncontrollable lust for big men so I'll take it as a fact that there will be a tournament at HW division. What I would like on top of that is a 70kg/155 pounds tournament as well - do it K-1 style and call it the "Alcatraz Beatdown Grand Prix" (HW) and "Alcatraz Beatdown MAX" (155 pounds). it will be a fun throwback for nostalgia's sake.

There are few MMA fans bigger than me, but i don't like watching the big guys fight. Which is why i also don't like creating big fighters. Typically when big guys fight it's boring with little action and if it goes longer than 2 minutes you might as well grab your pillow. The little guys are enjoyable. Technique mixed with fast paced action.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wasn't really around during most of the island season...But, if it did end horribly...the best way to make it better the next time around is to build more hype up going into it and giving guys more incentive to want to take part, stay part and end on a high note...I didn't know you could bring island fighters into the real world (tycoon real world) until just at the end of it...so if managers (that weren't) are made aware that you start on a 100% even playing field as every manager...then at the end you can bring them into regular tycoon systems it might create more interest/buzz around it.

Ok so I'm gonna post something in tournament thread in a bit. Keep an eye on that

If you need additional help I'd be willing to help however I can just let me know.

• Upvote 2

I'm reasonably sure it's always started-and-finished on the first-and-last days of the month, since it makes it easier to do the six-month thing without being actively involved; just run a script on the 1st of X to start it and set an alarm/reminder to run the tourney script six months later.

So, 1st OCT now seems likely. Take this time to free up some fighter slots and create multiple Island fighters. (c:

• 4 weeks later...