sparring vs coaching

I currently have several fighters training at sparring and conditioning only gyms, this means my fighters are missing out on coaching. I was wondering if coaching is nessesary and which is better for my fighters, sparring or coaching?

I currently have several fighters training at sparring and conditioning only gyms, this means my fighters are missing out on coaching. I was wondering if coaching is nessesary and which is better for my fighters, sparring or coaching?

You need a mix of both in my opinion but you need to use coaches for sure or your secondaries won't get much better.

early on, its best to do a mixture of both sparring and coached training as that is the best way to raise your primaries. However it is a fine line, you don't want to boost your primaries too much and outgrow your secondaries and get stuck in the situation of fighting older fighters who have better secondaries than your fighter but similar primaries.

On a personal opinion note, I start with defensive secondaries (SD, TDD, DG and clinchwork) then go to offense, once I start offensive secondary training, I start adding sparring sessions.