Guess Diaz isnt lying

toejam98

Cabbage was on a 13-1 run at the time. He was also ranked in the top 10 then also. His fight verses Sylvia was for a title shot. Sylvia won and went on to be champ for a long time. So he lost to the champ basically. Tank lost by a cut and revenged the loss 16 months later.

http://www.knucklepit.com/ufc%2045%20cabbage%20vs%20tank.jpg

It doesnt matter what run he had out side UFC. I can find you fighters who are 20-0 but they cant win single fight in UFC. He was 1-1 in UFC and no why possible he was one of the top fighters there. Of course then UFC was more amateur then now but still. Tank havent won single fighter who are well known other than that Serra have won GSP Edwards Curran Menjivar Lytle and Trigg. Where tank have won Varelans? Jennum? Duarte? Anjo? Who are this guys? :D

lol at you trying to compare tank's competition to serra's. you really need help. cabbage was a glorified punching bag that beat up a bunch of bums during his run. the fact that youre using him to legitimize tank just shows how awful your argument is. just accept that tank is trash. it isnt a big deal. he was entertaining against bum and got smashed by anyone with anything resembling any fighting talent.

youre defending a guy who got smashed by kimbo.

youre pathetic.

It doesnt matter what run he had out side UFC. I can find you fighters who are 20-0 but they cant win single fight in UFC. He was 1-1 in UFC and no why possible he was one of the top fighters there. Of course then UFC was more amateur then now but still. Tank havent won single fighter who are well known other than that Serra have won GSP Edwards Curran Menjivar Lytle and Trigg. Where tank have won Varelans? Jennum? Duarte? Anjo? Who are this guys? :D

There was guys Cabbage beats outside the UFC who went on to be in the UFC. Also Lytle beat Serra. Menjivar and Curran were much smaller than Serra. Trigg was washed up. The trig that fought Hughes would have smashed Serra. But age took Triggs chin. Serra didnt beat anyone.

lol at you trying to compare tank's competition to serra's. you really need help. cabbage was a glorified punching bag that beat up a bunch of bums during his run. the fact that youre using him to legitimize tank just shows how awful your argument is. just accept that tank is trash. it isnt a big deal. he was entertaining against bum and got smashed by anyone with anything resembling any fighting talent.

youre defending a guy who got smashed by kimbo.

youre pathetic.

Serra is the worst black belt to ever fight in MMA. But thats New Yorkers for you. All mouth and no skill.

have you ever seen half the fights you said tank was winning 99% of? youre supposed to be a tank fan...how can you say he was winning 99% of those fights? are you on crack?

Serra is the worst black belt to ever fight in MMA. But thats New Yorkers for you. All mouth and no skill.

youre running out of your usual retarded arguments...so now youre just saying random dumb shit. good job.

There was guys Cabbage beats outside the UFC who went on to be in the UFC. Also Lytle beat Serra. Menjivar and Curran were much smaller than Serra. Trigg was washed up. The trig that fought Hughes would have smashed Serra. But age took Triggs chin. Serra didnt beat anyone.

Lets see who are they. their UFC records 1-3 0-2 0-2 really won some top fighters. Then also Serra won Lytle and lost in remach. When he won Trigg he also was washed. If by smaller you mean weight not height then probably all of Tanks opponents where smaller.

Also even if we count that Cabbage as a legit fighter then Tank have won 1 legit fighter where Serra have won 6 where one of them is p4p 2 fighter in the world.

have you ever seen half the fights you said tank was winning 99% of? youre supposed to be a tank fan...how can you say he was winning 99% of those fights? are you on crack?

I have seen every fight in every major promotion ever. So he wasnt beating Smith? He dropped him at the start of the fight and had top control all the way to the end. Not bad on 3 days notice. Did the same to Oleg. Smashed him on the feet and out wrestled him and beat him on the ground until he gassed 15-20 minutes in. He was kicking Fryes ass until Frye stepped on his foot. Im sure you see everything different with your queer vision. Probabley rainbow colored too.

• Upvote 1

Lets see who are they. their UFC records 1-3 0-2 0-2 really won some top fighters. Then also Serra won Lytle and lost in remach. When he won Trigg he also was washed. If by smaller you mean weight not height then probably all of Tanks opponents where smaller.

Also even if we count that Cabbage as a legit fighter then Tank have won 1 legit fighter where Serra have won 6 where one of them is p4p 2 fighter in the world.

Serra lost both fights. He was given a gift in the finale but he lost. He failed at everything he tried. They can list is as a split decision but it doesnt change how the fight went.

Cabbage was one of the top UFC HWs at the time and a 40 year old Tank had no problem hanging with him and knocking him out in the rematch. Also Serra's lone UFC submission was 2002. Even though Tank was past his prime when he got in the UFC. He would still be a top HW in 2005 if he was 30 and not almost 40.

You're letting your favoritism for Tank cloud your judgement. I loved watching Tank fight in the ol days, but you have to be realistic. In 2005, the HW division wasn't exactly thriving, but there were a fair amount of HW's that would just make Tank look silly.

Emelianeko Fedor - 98 Points (8 first place votes)

2. Minotauro Nogueira - 92 Points (2 first place votes)

3. Mirko Cro Cop- 72 Points

4. Frank Mir- 67 Points

5. Josh Barnett - 54 Points

6. Andrei Arlovksi - 52 Points

7. Tim Sylvia - 47 Points

8. Sergei Kharitonov - 23 Points

9. Heath Herring - 17 Points

10. Justin Eilers - 15 Points

Just copied and pasted that from 2004. I mean Eilers was a little over-ranked at that time, but you could really throw a couple more names out there of guys that weren't doing that hot but would smash Tank...like Conan Silviera, Igor Vovchanchyn, Kevin Randleman, Mark Kerr, Pedro Rizzo, Kazuyuki Fujita, Mark Coleman, Ricco Rodriguez, Ron Waterman (I mean that's just off the top of my head. Just a different time in 2005, compared to 1993 skill sets.

Serra lost both fights. He was given a gift in the finale but he lost. He failed at everything he tried. They can list is as a split decision but it doesnt change how the fight went.

W is a W thats a fact.

I have seen every fight in every major promotion ever. So he wasnt beating Smith? He dropped him at the start of the fight and had top control all the way to the end. Not bad on 3 days notice. Did the same to Oleg. Smashed him on the feet and out wrestled him and beat him on the ground until he gassed 15-20 minutes in. He was kicking Fryes ass until Frye stepped on his foot. Im sure you see everything different with your queer vision. Probabley rainbow colored too.

no, you havent seen every fight in every major promotion. your general lack of knowledge about mma proves this. the fact that youre trying to sell tank as a legitimate fighter proves this.

tank mightve gotten lucky in some split decisions if he made it to a decision more often, but he usually gassed in about 34 seconds and then got finished.

W is a W thats a fact.

So if me and you fight and the only witness are my friends. You beat me but all my friends tell everyone you lost. Who won the fight? Do we go by what my 3 friends said and told others? Or do we go by what happened in the fight? The fight decides who won not the poindexters holding the score cards. One fighter felt like a winner the other felt like a loser. If your Lytle you see Serra scared shitless to strike with you and he keeps trying to take you down. You stuff every single takedown making his overrated BJJ, useless. Serra knows he has to get the fight to the ground to win and he failed. No way he feels good about himself in that fight. Lytle felt like a winner and Serra felt like a loser. Thats the essense of what fights are judged on.

So if me and you fight and the only witness are my friends. You beat me but all my friends tell everyone you lost. Who won the fight? Do we go by what my 3 friends said and told others? Or do we go by what happened in the fight? The fight decides who won not the poindexters holding the score cards. One fighter felt like a winner the other felt like a loser. If your Lytle you see Serra scared shitless to strike with you and he keeps trying to take you down. You stuff every single takedown making his overrated BJJ, useless. Serra knows he has to get the fight to the ground to win and he failed. No way he feels good about himself in that fight. Lytle felt like a winner and Serra felt like a loser. Thats the essense of what fights are judged on.

Your comparing your drunk friends with profesional referees put there by commision?

to counter your dumbness....all lytle did was avoid the fight. did he do damage? not really. you say serra was scared shitless of lytle's striking...the same can be said for lytle in respect for serra's ground game. if he wasnt scared of his ground game he wouldve engaged him on the ground. lytle backed up the entire fight, so one could argue serra won on aggressiveness. now, i'm not a moron like you and can admit that an argument for lytle winning the first fight can be made, but i'm here to point out how dumb your argument is...like it usually is.

no, you havent seen every fight in every major promotion. your general lack of knowledge about mma proves this. the fact that youre trying to sell tank as a legitimate fighter proves this.

tank mightve gotten lucky in some split decisions if he made it to a decision more often, but he usually gassed in about 34 seconds and then got finished.

Yes i have noob. Stick to TUF. You are out of your league. How does Tank gas in 34 seconds yet last 15-20 minutes with Oleg, Severn, and Ferrozzo? Im not selling tank as anything. I knew what is up with Tank because i was watching at the time and know what went on behind the scenes that history forgets. I dotn care if you noobs are educated or not. Its ok for you guys to make every excuse in the book for fighters today but ignore the circiumstances around Tanks fights. Tank was at his best in the Duerte fight. But people only remember when he took fights on short notice to save an event. You live and die by the sherdog fight finder. You dont see the story behind the fights. Your like a noob that found MMA yesterday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your comparing your drunk friends with profesional referees put there by commision?

No, professional judges. Are you saying MMA judges are something special? Cecil Peoples cant be wrong! :winner:

Swangin on those nuts like a Pendulum. This thread has elevated to full brainsmasher!

This thread was about GSP and those nut suckers who defend him based on faith. Cris Angel hits harder than GSP for crying out loud! :rolling:

No, professional judges. Are you saying MMA judges are something special? Cecil Peoples cant be wrong! :winner:

Of course they are and its not only in MMA but in every sport. The jugdes are profesionals just like fighters you cant compare them with amateurs like your friends.

to counter your dumbness....all lytle did was avoid the fight. did he do damage? not really. you say serra was scared shitless of lytle's striking...the same can be said for lytle in respect for serra's ground game. if he wasnt scared of his ground game he wouldve engaged him on the ground. lytle backed up the entire fight, so one could argue serra won on aggressiveness. now, i'm not a moron like you and can admit that an argument for lytle winning the first fight can be made, but i'm here to point out how dumb your argument is...like it usually is.

I agree. So the tie breaker goes to the wrestling. Serra wanted a takedown and Lytle wanted to stop it. Lytle imposed his will in that area and it was the difference in the fight. Serra won because he talked shit any built a fan following that influenced the decision. At best it is a draw which was later settled in the rematch. Either way you cant claim Lytle as some victim of Serra.

Of course they are and its not only in MMA but in every sport. The jugdes are profesionals just like fighters you cant compare them with amateurs like your friends.

LOL there is nothing professional about MMA judges. There is nothing to make them qualified. They are average people who applied to judge fights and over time become locked in as judges in some states. They have no special qualifications. Some of the ones in Cali or Nevada who do big events are told how to score a fight but it doesnt change anything. Once they judge a fight they resort back to their own beliefs of what is effective. There is nothing to prevent people with fucked up ideas of what is effective or constitutes winning a fight. So if someone believes something stupid like Cecil Peoples claiming Kicks dont count. Then they are treated equally to anyone else in the process. They are not special and are no more qualified to judge a fight than you or I. They just have nothing better to do than put in a application and score fights on the weekends. You can be a judge if you want. These are not high paid people with lots of training and compeition for their job and a strict rule book to follow like the NFL referee. These are average joes ussually with training in an outdated martial art that makes them bias in their scoring.

I know picking choose when to accept a judges decision is a slippery slope and we cant have everyone using their own scoring system and picking their own winner in every split decision. But at the saem time i am not going to accept the first Lytle/Serra fight as some great accomplishment for Serra. It was probabley the 3rd worst fight i had ever seen in the UFC.