Hot hatches

bjornmma1

MKIII Ford Focus RS

also

Hyundai i30 n

The Focus RS its exterior is too shouty for a daily driver I think and fuel consumption apparently is very high.

Hyundai I30N though sounded epic when I saw one pass by last week and still has a subtle exterior. How do you like the I30?

I am curious to hear how it drives and how fuel economy is like.

I'm a big fan of the i30. Beautiful looking car and excellent value for money. If you're looking more for fuel economy I hear the Peugeot 308 GTi is great for that

How well does the I30N do on a fuel consumption?

I like the exterior, sound, performance, but the interior does not seem as high level as a VW GTI and fuel consumption seems to be over 10l/100km, which is a lot.

The GTI perf. that I tested did around 8.2l/100km, but a lot of highway though..

That GTI is much better for fuel consumption. i30 can get up around 12-13

Damn that is high! I did two testdrives with a GTI performance and had the following two results:

1) test drive in business area where I just kept on doing hard accelerations => 13,5l average.

2) highway at constant speed=> 8l.

So I reckon that in daily driving with some fun, it can do around 9 or just below.