NJMMA Bantamweight Battle - Creations from 1/1/18

thedry16

Blake and his cousin dont fight each other nor fight at the same org for a while now. Unlike some peeps I always give people a 2nd and 3rd and so and so chance. Life is too short to live with hatred and online hatred is just loltastic.

At the end o the day Blake is a very talented manager, now that all shenanigans are out I see him in much higher light than some pussy managers that only acccept easy fights and are always looking for that edge. These are easy to spot: No Island fights, no 18 yr QFC testing unless right under 1000 points, no creation tournament entries, only stick to easy/new orgs, decline challenging fights w pussy excuses. You get my drift.

But you see, guys like Ikki , Blake, we can have our disagreements but respect is there, respect is earned.

You wonder why 290K all the way to 310K is almost dead? I will tell you why... The top dogs are already busy fighting each other at the top 3 orgs and will be testing their new projects for a few years, the new managers enter the game and get absolutely crushed by the pussy managers that know exactly what to do. As a result the new managers get bored (hey you gotta win sometimes to stick around) and leave the game. Rinse and repeat for a year, a year and a half.

But now the game is changing, the pussy managers are the minority and managers from the past are returning. New managers are fighting on equal ground with experienced managers and 330K will show that.

That is the root of the problem with that elitist mentality on all games. When it gets out of control you then get the same 20 managers fighting each other because they killed the game.

Creation tourneys are at the base of pumping life back into this game. And yes you might lose a bunch of fights testing in QFC and yes you might get crushed by a new manager in the first round and see your dear Ranking go from top 10 to top 100 but the reality is I'd rather not be top 10 and fight different managers and keep testing different builds than play the same cookie cutter BS for years and fight the same 9 idiots that killed the game.

Hello Jude :cowboy:

Edit: Hello Blake, I see you there doing your thing :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

So is Blake an "idiot that killed the game" or is he "your boi!!"? Gotta earn that respect hey Jude.

Hey man, you are picking up solid fighters from the FA market, getting your cousin to pay you $100 to sign 5 deal crappy contracts and insta releasing them now stuck to KOFC.

I had Mase Force in your org and wondered why I was fighting your cousin every fight and no other nanager. Now I understand why nobody would join this org.

You guys are hurting the game. This is disgusting.

The point is this should not be encouraged nor swept under he rug. Do you understand on how many levels this hurts the game?

It says you are a member of the Justice League lol, act the part imo.

I came into this game with a massive amount of forum friends, at least 12 from TMMAC and another 15-18 from the UG. GBK was kind enough to walk us through the ropes and help us discover this awesome game.

On top of that I convinced at least 5-6 of my personal friends and family to "give it a try".

I can count in one hand the amount of these guys (COMBINED) that still play. My close buddies/cousins refuse to pay for VIP because there are so many of these cheats in it, lol and also because they keep missing their auto-flight (lol noobs :) ) no matter how many times I explain it to them.

We were so many that we had to split into 2 groups, one group tried to develop Sydney and failed miserably lol :) In the end the owner of SFC going AWOL killed their thirst for the game.

The other group went to Tokyo and most joined Kamikaze. The unfair matchups did them in. The owner always trying to hook up his alliance buddies with my noob friends thousands of ID newer.

If it wasn't for my current alliance (that we got together when that moron Jarmas went psycho) I'd be gone too.

What I'm trying to say is that as a community we have to address these issues. Take my 30+ "friends" that came to the game because GBK introduced it to us. Maybe 6 still play. We gotta be able to close the sale more often :)

Wow just took a look at the list of fighters Blake did this to and it is sooo long. He has been systematically killing the FA market.

I would honestly start him at the last rank to keep him from doing this for at least 6 months, he will not stop. This is so sad :(

Thanks for replying though Mike, sent you a list of guys Blake locked for cheap contracts just the last week.

Considering Blake was warned with getting his account banned for cheating the free agent market this is 100% proof he is here to cheat the game at all levels. We got new managers (including yours truly) that find his practices really bad for the game. At this point , on my book, he has reached Wolf level of cheating and he should be taken care of.

What turned it around? How did someone go from being the next wolf to your boi?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

by stopping to do what everyone was complaining to him and hi cous about.

Look at the dates, that's 4 months ago. If you want to look at it in Tycoon years that was like 100 years ago.

Gotta let some things go TJ , life is too short.

You are just trashing a good man's thread now. Be nice, you are acting like just another Justice Leaguer and not my favorite one :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

four months is more like 16 years ago in Tycoonland, but what the fuck does that have to do with anything? We don't live in Tycoonland. Blake has skill sure, but he cheated mike a motherfucker to get the number one spot and instead of punishment, he gets rewarded with the number one manager spot. It's shameful, and it's damaging to the game when noobs see such blatant disregard for the rules going unpunished.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

by stopping to do what everyone was complaining to him and hi cous about.

Look at the dates, that's 4 months ago. If you want to look at it in Tycoon years that was like 100 years ago.

Gotta let some things go TJ , life is too short.

You are just trashing a good man's thread now. Be nice, you are acting like just another Justice Leaguer and not my favorite one :)

You are right about one thing. Apologies to Peter for hijacking the thread. I don't understand how you flip flopped so easily. If he was sorry about it maybe but last I saw he dropped a big "fuck you all" and continued not caring. Anyway as you say its ruining the thread and i'll leave it at that.

Edit: Nice to see you too Blake :yes:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I will be doing another review/preview for this final past round and the finals as well. Great showing by the Evil Empire's own, Ikki Takeda and Sanka Coffie. Congrats to Uchimura Nakata for his win over a very game Keith Hector, as well. Although, I was not surprised by that result. Good luck in the finals, gentlemen.

• Upvote 1

Great win for Sanka - a bit of a shock I'd say but he dominated the fight! Finals will be in 3-4 weeks over 5 rounds. Date will be set shortly and hopefully I'll have more time for a write up etc!

Thanks. Ya it was a good win and not sure if it was flavor text dropping him to one knee or if it means he was hurt. There was quite a few ones that were rock or damage related for the multiple KO power Sanka TotT 135er. Which if not flavor text is pretty nasty to be such heavy blows at 135 to a granite chin TotT guy with 100% accuracy and 0% damage.

I will be doing another review/preview for this final past round and the finals as well. Great showing by the Evil Empire's own, Ikki Takeda and Sanka Coffie. Congrats to Uchimura Nakata for his win over a very game Keith Hector, as well. Although, I was not surprised by that result. Good luck in the finals, gentlemen.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll be seeing Nakata on the ground at some point during the fight. I'll be ready for it.

Also the finals are between two guys who had the guts to do their testing in their fight in the first round of the tournament.

I think it totally defeats the purpose of a creation tournament to "test" the fighter before the tournament. Especially, if they then remake said fighter. But congrats to the two managers that did do it and do it without testing.

• Upvote 1

I think there's merit to doing and not doing testing. Doing testing allows people to get actually good fighters and makes the overall tourney much more competitive.

Not testing leaves a lot up to random chance, since if you get bad rolls you're not going to get far, but it can be more fun since you don't have to constantly make new fighters and test to see if they're any good.

I personally think not testing is fun when nobody else is allowed to test, since it's at least fair for everyone then. But I still prefer having tourneys that allows testing just because I feel more in control of what happens. Would rather get beaten by a better manager than get beaten because of bad rolls.

• Upvote 1

I think there's merit to doing and not doing testing. Doing testing allows people to get actually good fighters and makes the overall tourney much more competitive.

Not testing leaves a lot up to random chance, since if you get bad rolls you're not going to get far, but it can be more fun since you don't have to constantly make new fighters and test to see if they're any good.

I personally think not testing is fun when nobody else is allowed to test, since it's at least fair for everyone then. But I still prefer having tourneys that allows testing just because I feel more in control of what happens. Would rather get beaten by a better manager than get beaten because of bad rolls.

I wouldn't say you're wrong because it really comes down to how you enjoy playing the game. I personally like to try and work around what I roll on creation as that's what is fun for me but I'm also not particularly competitive in or at the game.

That being said my guy is in the finals with no decent hidden's and is a ridiculously slow learner so it can be done. Will he win? Most likely not but it was fun moulding the dopey bastard to be the best he could be.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't say you're wrong because it really comes down to how you enjoy playing the game. I personally like to try and work around what I roll on creation as that's what is fun for me but I'm also not particularly competitive in or at the game.

That being said my guy is in the finals with no decent hidden's and is a ridiculously slow learner so it can be done. Will he win? Most likely not but it was fun moulding the dopey bastard to be the best he could be.

This is precisely what I am getting at. You're proving the quality of manager you are by taking whatever you have and working with it, rather than scrapping and restarting until you get a guy with God Rolls. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not so much. And you took what you had and ran with it. And it got you to the finals. Not sure how you will do with another ground guy, but will definitely be worth watching.

And I agree with what you said about Leon not being wrong per se either. I just think the whole point of creation tournaments is to roll up and work with what you get.

• Upvote 1

[The screen fades in and Ricky Warner can be seen sitting behind his richly appointed desk while the announcer addresses the audience]

The MMAAddict.com MMA video blog with your host, Ricky Warner…

Ricky Warner: Good evening. Thanks for joining me tonight. On the show this evening we will have special guests, Brunno Falcone, head of the Evil Empire alliance and close personal friend, Greg Speakman, sportswriter for the Canton Depository, and Ralph Emerson, on-air personality and sports commentator for North-East Ohio Sports Live. Later in the show we will talk to some of the fighters from the Evil Empire who have been having significant success in recent months and we will talk about that some. For now though we will discuss the recent developments in the Bantamweight Battle round three in NJMMA fight organization. Gentlemen, thanks for joining us.

Brunno Falcone: No problem, Ricky. You knows how much I enjoy talk at yous.

Greg Speakman: Always a pleasure.

Ralph Emerson: Thanks for having me on again, Ricky.

Ricky Warner: Ok, so rounds two and three have now completed for the Bantamweight Battle at NJMMA. A lot of the predictions were at least slightly off. In fact. I don’t think anyone got it 100% right. Let’s look over what we predicted back at the end of round one.

The predictions for round one were da Silva over Hector. The only one of us that correctly predicted that fight was Greg. Carlitto beats Nakata, we got that one wrong also. Then on the other side of the bracket was Coffie over Valderama. This one we predicted correctly. Ralph thought that Valderama would win this one but the rest were in agreement that Coffie was a better pick. Lastly, there was Petrov to beat Meep. Again, we picked the correct outcome with Ralph being the only dissenting voice. You folks watching this can follow those links to see the full fights on the MMAArchive.com website. Guys you wanna talk about those?

Brunno: Not really. [laughs] My boy, Carlitto was outclassed physically by da more imposin’ Nakata. Dat guy really hit da gym hard and was just a savage. We wasn’t seein’ no great improvement in his skills, but his strength and conditionin’ was outta dis world. I tink dats what won da fight for him. In da round after dis one too.

Ricky: Well, lets not get ahead of ourselves, Brunno. We will talk about next round in a bit.

Ralph: Not to boast, but I knew that Carlitto was not up to the task of taking out Nakata. Not then at least. He might be now, but that’s another story. Nakata was, and still is a physical specimen despite not showing any significant improvement in his skillset. He could well walk away from this whole thing with the strap.

Greg: I was as surprised as Brunno that Carlitto got knocked out of this tournament so early. I really thought he was going to make it to the next round and likely the finals. Although, I had predicted a Hector victory over da Silva, correctly I might add, and so I didn’t see Carlitto beating Hector. Especially since Diego would have been training takedown defense skills for the first two rounds to stop the two grapplers he had to face and so would likely have been ill prepared to face a striker as potent as Keith Hector.

Brunno: Don’t yous worry none. Diego can handle the standup just fine. Capish?

Ricky: da Silva did surprise many with his loss to Keith Hector in round two. Only Greg correctly predicted that Hector could neutralize da Silva’s takedowns and score the KO and it only took 24 seconds to stop him. Although, all of us acknowledged that Hector’s best chance lie with a quick KO it was still an upset in our eyes.

Greg: Not really. [laughs from all the men on the panel]

Ralph: Sanka Coffie, now this guy is tearing through this thing. I had Valderama to win this matchup and boy was I wrong. Coffie proved that he could do what he needed to do to get the win. We didn’t do this for the round three preview, but I would have chosen wrong again. I seriously never thought that Coffie would have taken Petrov. Of course I also never thought Petrov would have made it past Meep, so…

Greg: I knew that with Petrov’s training from his manager Blake Phoenix, that he would have what it took to put Meep away. I was also sure that Coffie would best Petrov.

Ricky: All right. So, what about going forward. The finals, as predicted by no one, is Uchimura Nakata vs. Sanka Coffie?

Brunno: Ikki Takeda is real good wit da ground fighters, see. And I tink dat puts him wit an advantage goin’ inta dis here fight. Nakata still ain’t shown no improvement since da first round of dis here tournament and I see dat as a failure, see. He can’t win dis wit just brute strength. If’n he was a striker with his power, it might be a different story, but he sucks wit his standup so he ain’t gonna get no KO as Coffie comes in. Coffie wins dis here tournament.

Ralph: Have to agree. Had Coffie run into Nakata in round two he would have lost. Maybe even in round three, but the finals have Coffie as a strong favorite in my opinion.

Greg: Yeah. I’m going to jump on that bandwagon as well. Coffie is just too skilled overall and he has shown physical development as well. While Nakata is almost certainly in possession of the better physical prowess, he cannot rely on that alone, as Brunno pointed out.

Ricky: Wow! How do you like that? A unanimous prediction. So this panel has Sanka Coffie to win the inaugural Bantamweight title at NJMMA in this tournament.

Thanks for coming on the show again guys. We’ll see you next time.

Brunno: Yeah. Sure ting, Ricky.

Greg: I look forward to it.

Ralph: Thanks for having us on.

Ricky: Up Next we will be talking to some of the Evil Empire fighters and talking about their successes, their failures, and their futures. We’ll see you after a short break and some commercials from our sponsors.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...