Hype and trash-talk, fighter "personalities"

Grump

after reading a post Post fight Comments Started by Duratan, 19 Oct 2014

I got to thinking about what was said there and it seems to me that in the MMA world the manner/personality/presentation of the fighter is almost as big as the fight. The weigh-in and the post fight interviews are watched by many why? Because they want to pick who they gonna like or hate yes? Oh sure often u have a favorite anyway...but sometimes ur favorite disappoints u by being to mouthy or timid or whatever angle normally floats ur boat. Nasty badasses have fans as well as the talk with my fists guys. And if they go out of character...their specific type of fans may lower their "love".

What all this comes down to is what I think of as "hype" is part of the FUN of MMA and for anyone who has watched even 2 minutes of the comedy show called the WWF u can see how HUGE this "hype" stuff can be. Some people REALLY get into it. And some people are REALLY good at it.

And this hype could make this game MUCH more interesting PLUS give players something to do in the weeks that pass waiting for fights...Yes Im a noob and perhaps somewhat limited to what is available in the game...but from what I can see after u get fights and set ur training...buy supplements and clothes or whatever u need to do....You dont have to return to the game for DAYS...and u have zero "set-back" for not being here as u do in other games. Unless i guess...ur have an Org or some reason that requires u to log-in daily...like i said Im a noob and havent experienced the game in its fullest yet...But Im sure there are many who find the lengthy times between needed attention to the game to be a case of TO MUCH WAITING in this game. So I think this hype thing could be used to fill in some serious time and keep people logging in DAILY even when they dont have a fight or training to set...

I am having thoughts of various rating systems that EVERYONE can use to "rate" each fighters "presentation" at events like weigh-ins and post fight interviews, (maybe some things for only "famous" fighters in top 10 or such...just like on TV...might be to much to do for every fighter in the game...But the entire area where the fighters thank the fans could be expanded and each event rated....,the ratings could directly determine the "hype bonus" the fighter gets...perhaps add a fighter FAN base....which also has some impact on the hype bonus....I can imagine like the bonus/perks/payouts used currently for those with photopshop ability making avatars ect...there could be "trash talk experts" who can help u type out ur fighters interviews ect....Maybe a new section where people can go look at the days weighin and pre-fight interviews to see what kind of drama is going on...each event have various settings u can set with levels of aggression and actual things said that get rated....scale of 1 to 10 if u "like" each fighter...and a judges panel or peoples evaluation on a fighter staying in character so a negative rating could actually be GOOD for the hype bonus...if the fighter is a trash talker...and thats what his fans like...and he gets a sweet rating for lack of aggression that would be bad towards the hype...

Be interesting to have various settings we could set for each event like 1. attack opponent if he talks trash 2 talk trash back 3. STAREDOWN 4. accidentally "bump" opponent as u walk by 5. Ignore opponent 6. Talk calmly if ur opponent rages and talks trash ....u get the idea. You could even expand this like the sliders area and have ur "predictions" of the opponents actions at each event....

I think u get the idea what Im talking about here...and sori Its poorly written...I didnt have time to proofread and see if it reads well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you want your fighter to have a personality, that is what the smack talk is about. Overall, a fighter having a random personality is just another hidden that won't add much apart from flavour text and will just take up time to implement. Since I noticed you have made a lot of suggestions, and have said about not experiencing everything yet, I think you should wait a while, get to know the game more, and get a mentor who can help you to become familiarised with the game. A lot of features are added by being VIP, so having that makes the game easier and more fun as well.

• Upvote 2