about post fight reaction..

Hi..wanted to know what effect the settings for what the fighter does after the fight has..I usually set it to thank fans..but if I set it to hype myself would it give a hype boost?..and if I set it to thank sponsors does it mean that only the company gets the hype boost?

thanking fans gives a boost to pop -- hyping yourself gives boost to hype but can also not give boost depending how fans go (not sure the ratio to it) -- thanking sponsors give small boost to companies hype

Thanking the sponsor only helps if that company is also the event partner. I had this whole big argument in another thread which I am currently too lazy to look up and link to.

Hyping yourself can backfire giving you less effect if you come off as a tool or more so if you seem like a cool guy or whatever, Like PBR said. I suspect, and this is just that... Speculation. But I suspect that this might be affected by your fighters popularity hidden or perhaps one of the other hiddens.

I say this because it seems that one of my fighters will consistently annoy the cround and recieve little benefit while some of my fighters are consistantly able to maximize the effect. Others seem to be right in the middle. Now this hardly constitutes hard evidence, but it does seem to be the case from my experience.

As PBR said, but remember, there are pros and cons to all three. Of course, it is nice to have a highly hyped or very popular fighter, but org rankings are based on hype + pop. If you climb the ranks too quickly, you will end up being paired with fighters that are more skilled than you.

It may seem like a waste to thank sponsors, but many sponsors follow their fighters and see who thanks them. If you thank your sponsor, they are more likely to give you a larger sponsorship next time.

It all depends on where you are in your HERO career when you are deciding with option to use.

• Upvote 1

As PBR said, but remember, there are pros and cons to all three. Of course, it is nice to have a highly hyped or very popular fighter, but org rankings are based on hype + pop. If you climb the ranks too quickly, you will end up being paired with fighters that are more skilled than you.

It may seem like a waste to thank sponsors, but many sponsors follow their fighters and see who thanks them. If you thank your sponsor, they are more likely to give you a larger sponsorship next time.

It all depends on where you are in your HERO career when you are deciding with option to use.

Absolutely, I use all five options from time to time. Just depends on what I want to do.

The part in bold is particularly true in most orgs. Many look at the fighters actualy skills before throwing them in against a highly hyped monster, but most orgs don't like to see two or more fighters that are ranked higher than the champion in the rankings list, but unable to fight any top ten guys, so even the most fair of org owners will eventually have to give you the title shot or a shot against one of the other top ranked guys and you could well be swimming in deep, shark-infested waters, with one of the afformentioned predators.

It works the other way as well. I have a couple of 0-0 projects in my org and nobody wants to fight them. Why risk your hype against a guy with monster skills but no hype? The risk is just too big. I've had to tell some of these projects to go beat up on some noobs in QFC fights to gain some hype in order to find them fair matchups in the org. I don't feel it is right or fair for them to destroy new QFC fighters, but it is the only option for these guys who have spent 6-9 real life months training.

• Upvote 1

thanking sponsors give small boost to companies hype

Not true at all, and I wish people would stop spreading this bullshit. Thanking a sponsor does one thing and one thing only: It increases the sale of merch if the sponsor also is the official partner of the org. That's it. Nothing else. Nada. Nil. Nichts.

Not true at all, and I wish people would stop spreading this bullshit. Thanking a sponsor does one thing and one thing only: It increases the sale of merch if the sponsor also is the official partner of the org. That's it. Nothing else. Nada. Nil. Nichts.

I'm not sure if it's working as designed then. Otherwise, there's little to no reason to do it.

At first, I didn't believe you, so I went to the wiki page to check it out. You are, in fact, correct. It is pretty much useless to thank a sponsor unless they are the event sponsor. At first, this didn't make sense to me, but after thinking about it for a minute, this is really how it should be.

The majority of Tycoon events are non-televised. Not many events are PPV. This means that the only fans who will hear your post-fight interview are the ones in attendance. If you mention a merch company, but there are no products from that company to buy at the event, there will be almost no impact. However, if you mention the merch partner for the event, those fans will check out the products and possibly buy some.

If this was tweaked to give a tiny boost to non-partnered companies and a larger boost to partnered companies, that would probably be the most realistic, but the status quo is accurate enough.

Anyway, its nice to know how things function. I'll have to adjust what some of my fighters say post-fight.

Yeah, Mike also confirmed it in a PM to someone I had this exact discussion with. I absolutely urge everybody to read the wiki more often, as the amount of misinformation you will get on these forums are staggering.