Rambo

The "Reserved" topics are for future objective updates, medals awarded, or whatever I feel the need to add in there since post can only have X amount of pictures and X amount of videos.

A mod can pause my spins this week. This is a personal project - this is the off topic section - and I have wanted to keep track of my XCOM progress for a long time... (wishing I had a cheap employee to type all this crap while I play the game, cuz it's hampering the speed at which it's played). I have no other forum or area to do that, because the only other place I'm active online is facebook, nfl.com, and vice.com lol.

Avid XCOM players beware, the Tutorial process is extremely painful. If you have experience with XCOM I'd suggest skipping it. It's killing me.

I'm guessing this is from a game?

XCOM: Enemy Within

Played XCOM: Enemy Unknown on XBOX 360. Damn good game, for turn-based tactical. They made an expansion XCOM: Enemy Within, so I'm going to try to track my progress since I thought about tracking it in the older version. Since I'm starting a new game under the new expansion, seems like a good time to start keepin track if I'm ever going to. Which might be a much more grueling task than I anticipated lol... but I'll see how it turns out.

Great Odin's raven! someone do this guy for spamming!

Kick rocks.

XCOM: Enemy Within

Played XCOM: Enemy Unknown on XBOX 360. Damn good game, for turn-based tactical. They made an expansion XCOM: Enemy Within, so I'm going to try to track my progress since I thought about tracking it in the older version. Since I'm starting a new game under the new expansion, seems like a good time to start keepin track if I'm ever going to. Which might be a much more grueling task than I anticipated lol... but I'll see how it turns out.

I've been looking for another game to play, I might give it a try if I have some time

is it hard for newbies?

The "Reserved" topics are for future objective updates, medals awarded, or whatever I feel the need to add in there since post can only have X amount of pictures and X amount of videos.

A mod can pause my spins this week. This is a personal project - this is the off topic section - and I have wanted to keep track of my XCOM progress for a long time... (wishing I had a cheap employee to type all this crap while I play the game, cuz it's hampering the speed at which it's played)............

Kick rocks.

lol i was kiddin, what other people get from spin n win makes no difference to me! B)

• Downvote 1

I've been looking for another game to play, I might give it a try if I have some time

is it hard for newbies?

There's a tutorial. It's turn-based, so no it's not hard. Really easy to pick up. If you tried to play on classic or impossible with ironmode on it'd be hard. Deaths to soldiers are permanent. I suggest playing on normal without ironman on. Or easy with ironman on, the first time around. That's if turn-based even suits your style. Not for everybody. Ironman activates an auto-save so if your guy gets killed in the middle of combat, regardless of the circumstances, it's permanent.

I played the first one before the expansion enough, so it's pretty damn easy for me. Classic difficulty is a good median. Impossible takes a lot of patience.

http://www.xcom.com/enemywithin/us/

I have the XCOM Enemy Unkown and I loved it! Sorry didn't read the stuff you wrote here becouse I thought there could be spoilers but I take it that the Enemy Within is a good DLC? How would you compare it to the main game Chris? Should I get it? :)

I have the XCOM Enemy Unkown and I loved it! Sorry didn't read the stuff you wrote here becouse I thought there could be spoilers but I take it that the Enemy Within is a good DLC? How would you compare it to the main game Chris? Should I get it? :)

If you loved Enemy Unknown, you should definitely get the expansion. It's more like XCOM 2 or XCOM 1.5 than DLC though. Lot of new maps, new faces, new voices (like 6 different languages), tons of new content. We even have human enemies now, aka terrorist haha. Haven't got that far yet, I just re-started after a few mission to keep track of my progress. Oh, you also can customize awards / medals to give to your soldiers for their hard work. That feature is pretty damn cool.

Also, all of my post are just works in progress. Prolly won't have 'spoilers' for a week or so. More just objective progress, mission names, order of research started/completed, casualties, memorial wall. haven't found a format that's really working for me, but I'll get it down over the next few days and then the updates will be organized and readable. Right now everything's a big scrambled P.O.S. I'm basically just logging a cesspool of information and I'm going to organize it at a later date to make it a readable format.

If anybody knows how to embed a youtube video in your post instead of just the link showing up, teach me your ways lol...

If you loved Enemy Unknown, you should definitely get the expansion. It's more like XCOM 2 or XCOM 1.5 than DLC though. Lot of new maps, new faces, new voices (like 6 different languages), tons of new content. We even have human enemies now, aka terrorist haha. Haven't got that far yet, I just re-started after a few mission to keep track of my progress. Oh, you also can customize awards / medals to give to your soldiers for their hard work. That feature is pretty damn cool.

Also, all of my post are just works in progress. Prolly won't have 'spoilers' for a week or so. More just objective progress, mission names, order of research started/completed, casualties, memorial wall. haven't found a format that's really working for me, but I'll get it down over the next few days and then the updates will be organized and readable. Right now everything's a big scrambled P.O.S. I'm basically just logging a cesspool of information and I'm going to organize it at a later date to make it a readable format.

If anybody knows how to embed a youtube video in your post instead of just the link showing up, teach me your ways lol...

Awesome! Gonna buy it today then hehe.

About embedding youtube vids use: <media>full youtube vid URL</media> and ofcourse change <> to [] :)

As soon as i have some time, i'm gonna buy this bad boy and play it on classic / ironman, as it should be played.

XCOM was my game of the decade, and i was a big fan of the '94 original... you sir have good tastes.

It's a damn good game.

Trying to log the progress is impossible though, it'll burn you out so quick it's not even worth trying. I've decided just to keep track of mission names, locations, and I'll update the memorial wall at the end of the game.

I'm hooked Enemy Within right now I play it pretty much every night before bed. I think I'm pretty close to the end but I cheated a little by not enabling ironman mode so I replayed missions if my entire squad or favorite soldier got wiped out. After I finish the game I plan on playing through again with classic and ironman enabled. The game is that good where it could be played through multiple times.

I'm hooked Enemy Within right now I play it pretty much every night before bed. I think I'm pretty close to the end but I cheated a little by not enabling ironman mode so I replayed missions if my entire squad or favorite soldier got wiped out. After I finish the game I plan on playing through again with classic and ironman enabled. The game is that good where it could be played through multiple times.

Alpha Protocol. If you want replay value, doesn't get better than that.

But I agree, Enemy Within is damn good and worth multiple playthroughs as long as you're not burnt out with the style. I suggest playing it within random potential, not created equally, and training roulette, on iron man mode.

Alpha Protocol hey? The game description sounded awesome when I first heard about it but one it came out the reviews I read didn't seem that good so I passed on it. Maybe I'll give it a shot when I finish Enemy Within. I'm on the last mission but I haven't had time to play it out all week. Hopefully this weekend I can finally do it.

Alpha Protocol hey? The game description sounded awesome when I first heard about it but one it came out the reviews I read didn't seem that good so I passed on it. Maybe I'll give it a shot when I finish Enemy Within. I'm on the last mission but I haven't had time to play it out all week. Hopefully this weekend I can finally do it.

The gameplay is awfull, the visuals mediocre and everything else is fantastic... If you can do with the gameplay and and the weirdest IA ever, you should enjoy it... you can have it almost for free now so you wouldn't take a big risk trying it.

The gameplay is very entertaining, think Mass Effect.. and the story is one of the best I've ever experienced in a game. It received bad reviews because it's published by Sega. Madden produces the same crap year in and year out, but they receive a 9/10 damn near every time.

You play AP for the RP experience and the decision making process. Combat's simple and easy, which makes it very enjoyable to coast through and enjoy the story and seeing the outcome/consequences of the choices you've made. One of the game's that have a very high replay value.

I give it a 9/10. Granted, it has it's flaws, but all games do. The story, cut scenes, and character interaction more than makes up for it imo.

Then again, the Mass Effect series to me, was the best game(s) of all time.

• Upvote 1

Sir you have deserved a positive rating.

...Although our opinions about Alpha Protocol slightly differ.

I enjoyed the story, cut scenes, dialogue, character-to-character interaction, theme, decision making process, and honestly, I felt like the combat was a lot more entertaining than ME's. Kick, Punch, Kick, Shoot, hide, flash bang, snap neck, snap neck. Like a fucking Ninja out there.

I enjoyed the story, cut scenes, dialogue, character-to-character interaction, theme, decision making process, and honestly, I felt like the combat was a lot more entertaining than ME's. Kick, Punch, Kick, Shoot, hide, flash bang, snap neck, snap neck. Like a fucking Ninja out there.

You know what? I only played with weapons, maybe the gameplay is more enjoyable depending of wich skills you used... it was truely atrocious with guns, but one of these days i'll do it again with a different type of character. Like i said in my previous post, everything else was top notch.

when I finish Enemy Within. I'm on the last mission but I haven't had time to play it out all week. Hopefully this weekend I can finally do it.

I loved the ending. I will not spoil it but am curious what your thoughts are once you complete the mission.