Average Joes Fight Club

This is going to become a thread focused entirely on the AJFC fighters themselves. Many people have shown an interest in opportunities to write about their fighters so I'm hoping to get that ball rolling.

I'm going to attempt to write a list of subjects you can write about yourselves. I will post any interviews I hold on my own here as well. This will not be a thread for event write-ups. Take this thread as an opportunity to post either in the voice of, or as the speaking manager for, your fighter. And for god's sake don't call it roleplay, please.

AJFC NEWS NOW TAKES YOU TO A LIVE INTERVIEW, REQUESTED EARLIER TODAY BY THE FIGHTER VERSUS THE WORLD.

MMA journalists have gathered inside the ONI Grappling Academy waiting for Versus the World to arrive. After a few short moments he emerges from one of the locker rooms and takes a seat at a table that has been set up with a microphone and speaks into it.

Questions will be taken later in the interview please.

I... Am Versus the World...

Is there no one in the AJFC who can present a challenge for me? All who have tried have failed. My next opponent has lost his will, which comes as no surprise to me. I will soon become the most feared man in Tokyo... And then the world. The only person who stands as a threat to me is on my side.. He has seen many battles, and now mentors me in the gym. That man's name is Andy Hug...

I'm sure that one day, when Andy is ready to retire, that the student will take on the teacher before all is said and done... But for now I shall destroy all others who enter the cage with me. I hear from my manager that Marcus Whitman has had to hire new blood to take me on. I am sure the results will be the same, but I do hope that they make it worth my time.

I have a message for all challengers to come... I am the AJFC super heavyweight champion, I am one of the top ten pound for pound super heavyweights in Tokyo... I don't think I need to say anymore then that now do I?

I will now take a couple questions. How about you in the first row.

JOURNALIST: So how do you feel about your upcoming fight against a once dangerous Slobozel Doruletz, who as you have mentioned has seemed to give up his hopes of winning?

VERSUS: Well.. I don't blame the guy for losing spirit knowing that he has to take me on, but it would be nice to fight someone who is going to fight back. As a champion I don't want to be known as keeping my belt because I have easy fights. Next question, how about you there in the back.

JOURNALIST: At only 22 years of age you seem unstoppable in the AJFC. And as you said earlier, the only person it seems who can challenge you and win is AJFC/ONI veteran Andy Hug, and he is your training partner. If it comes down to it, and there is no one else to fight, would you take a fight with Hug?

VERSUS: Well that would be up to both Marcus Whitman and Andy Hug's management. Hug does not want to fight me because he feels that it will be an unfair competition in his favor. Granted I am not scared to fight him, but at this time in my career I have to agree with him a little. He is a former champion in AJFC and ONI. He has played with the big boys in the big leagues, and I haven't.

I will say this though, if it comes down to it and a match has to be made let it be known that my answer is yes. And if I win then I would feel ready to move on to ONI, though I would like to already be there before we would have to face off... Ok one more question, how about the lady in the middle there.

JOURNALIST: If not Andy Hug... Who do you think will be your next opponent after this fight?

VERSUS: Well to be honest I would say that there are many talented fighters coming off multiple wins that could very well challenge for the belt. I have been following some fights and I see who is winning and who they won against, so yea that's my best possible answer to that question.

Well my friends, I thank you for taking the time to come and listen to me speak, may you all live strong.

With that Versus the World stands up. Shakes a few hands then exits out the front door of the gym.

THIS HAS BEEN A BROADCAST OF AJFC NEWS... ALL AJFC... ALL THE TIME

• 3 weeks later...

AJCF NEWS, THE LEADER IN MMA NEWS

AJFC has recently announced a Super Heavyweight title fight between the current champion Versus the World, taking on a fellow CBK fighter by the name of Mikhail Gregovich. We managed to catch Mikhail after his training session at ONI Grappling Academy, and decided to ask him a few questions about the upcoming fight.

PRESS:So you have just agreed to a title match against a man who has so far ran his way through the Super Heavyweight Division, and claimed the title in stunning fashion. He is now one of the top 10 SHW in Tokyo. How do you think you will match up against him?

MIKHAIL:

at the moment id say very well as we are fairly eveny matched but come fight time i dobnt expect it to b that way and im expecting a tough fight

PRESS: I hear there has been a little friendly banter between the 2 of you, anything you care to share with us?

MIKHAIL:

u know the usual stuff having his mum go down on me etc and the severed head i had from him which turned out to b my cheating girlfriend so he did me a favour there

PRESS: Without giving away any secrets, what have you been doing to prepare for you title shot, and do you think you have found any weaknesses in your opponent?

MIKHAIL:

ive been training really hard dum ass as for weakness the only thing id say is he is younger but he has had a similar amounts of fights but there is still time so im not panicking

and ive been smoking crack and snorting coke that was supplied to me by his manager after he said vtw couldnt handle the hard stuff the big emo pussy

and also i feel he is a bit of a coward as there is better ranked peopel in the shw divison than me like andy hug ( ill take my payment for that mr hug thnk u )

not that im complaining about getting the title shot of course

PRESS: What would it mean to you if you walk out of the cage as the new SHW champion?

MIKHAIL:

it would meen the world to me and my manager and it would mean even more beacuse i would b his first loss

PRESS: One last question before you go. If you lose your match, how do you see your future in the AJFC?

if i lose well i cant c that happining as all my other losses my opponents cheated as for my future after that match thats intirely upto the org owner

PRESS: Well Mr. Gregovich, I thank you for your time, and I wish you the best of luck in your title shot.

and thnk u for wasting my time with ur stupid little interview now get out the gym b4 u end up the same way as that head

** mg mobile phone rings and he starts speaking in russian what could be made out was he wanted it done **

THIS HAS BEEN AJFC NEWS, THE LEADER IN MMA NEWS

Fresh off of a straight up beat down of Fat Robnaldo, Devil Jho is offered a shot at the new champ Krigare.

Jho: The dude is a bad mofo, but im da toughest mofo ever. My chin is made out of steel, I got the heart of a lion and I never EVER back down homie!!! I want my belt!!!!!!!!

AJCF NEWS, THE LEADER IN MMA NEWS

AJFC has recently announced a Super Heavyweight title fight between the current champion Versus the Worldwho so far is undefeated he will b taking on a fellow CBK fighter by the name of Mikhail Gregovich. We managed to catch Versus the world after his most recent training session ,and decided to ask him a few questions about the upcoming fight. PRESS:So you have just agreed to a title match against a man who is not the most top rated contender in ur division How do you think you will match up against him? and y do u think he deserves the title shot

VERSUS: Well you said it yourself, he's not the top ranked contender. But I accepted the fight because I never turn one down. Its not up to me as to who is in line for the belt. All I care about is keeping it. How will I match up with Mikhail you ask? Well I see it like this. Im going to slaughter him. When I am finished with him he will be wishing that he never accepted the match. He has never faced an opponent of my caliber and I will make sure he knows that.

PRESS: I hear there has been a little friendly banter between the 2 of you to hype up the fight , anything you care to share with us also care to comment on a recent statement mikhail made in my most recent interview about u duckign the top compitition in the ajfc shw division and also how he seems to of accused u of murder

VERSUS: Hahahahahaaaa!!! Well... I have no comment on the murder part... But I can say that I am not dodging anyone in the SHW. In fact he (Mikhail) should feel lucky that he will be on the recieving end of my fists. Yea there has been some words exchanged between us, I even flubbed a curse in which I misspelled his name... But I'm no witch. Im a WORRIOR!! Andy Hug is definatly in the future. In fact we talk every day we train together about how awesome it will be. So we are kinda waiting for a BIG show to fight in. You see, being champ and having the top ranked contender in your corner comes with its advantages.

PRESS: Without giving away any secrets, what have you been doing to prepare for you title shot, and do you think you have found any weaknesses in your opponent? and is it difficult to fight a fellow alliance mate as knowing full well the cbk will take a loss on this one

VERSUS: Honestly I'm not worried about this one. I am training every day for my match with Hug, not with Mikhail. I feel I already have the dominating skills to pound him into a bloody mess, just like I did to Sing Min the Flash. As for a weakness... Well he has no skill for one. Just look at his record, and watch his fights as I have. I feel sorry for him. It will suck to hurt the alliance by handing them a loss, but hey if for some reason he wins, at least CBK owns the belt.

PRESS:: tell me what would it mean to walkf out of the cage still the shw champion and still undefeated

VERSUS: The same way it does every time. The belt is mine and no one will take it from me. Only when I move to ONI will I give up this belt. And gain another.

PRESS: One last question before you go. If you lose your match which would b ur first loss , how do you see your future in the AJFC?

If I lose my match to this guy I am a failer. My future would be months of intense training before I should even be allowed to fight again.

PRESS: Well Mr vtw, I thank you for your time, and I wish you the best of luck in your title defence and b4 i go any finla words for ur opponent and fans out there

VERSUS: For my fans I say this. Thank you for supporting me through my journey. I don't get to say that enough, as I am kinda bound by my sponcers to mention them as often as possible.

To my opponent... I hope you have already chosen you plot. We shall raise a rune stone to your memory

PRESS : oh and one last thing mr vtw then i will leave u to relax do u care to comment on the breaking news that mikhail gregovichs father has just been promoted to the top of the russian mafia after being a assassin for the kgb also it has been brough to my attention that the only people to have beaten mg have now either retired or have to come into tokyo from la under heavy security detail after having a meeting with vladimir gregovich and no its nothing to do with u beeting them so dont get cocky

VERSUS: Haha I don't know if your working for him or just a fan but hear this. I care not about his feeble father who WAS an assassin in the FORMER kgb. As for the rest of the confusing question... Not even the russian mafia is stupid enough to come after me. REMEMBER THAT!!!

THIS HAS BEEN AJFC NEWS, THE LEADER IN MMA NEWS

• 1 month later...

AJFC NEWS LIVE FIGHTER INTERVIEWS, ONLY ON AJFC NEWS RADIO, THE LEADER IN MMA NEWS.

Ezekial:We have a very special guest joining us on the program today. He is the current AJFC 155 lb champion, Danial Krigare!

Ezekial:Welcome to the show Danial. I'm sure the fans appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to answer a few questions that they themselves have submitted. Okay Dan (if I may call you that), ready for a game of 20 questions?

Ezekial:Question number one, submitted by Greg Mathisus; "How did it feel to win, then defend the belt after 2 unsuccessful attempts to attain it?(one of them being in the BKC)"

Danial:Ah man, it was awesome. I´ve struggled so hard to get here and being successful after 2 losses in title fights, it was just an awesome feeling.

Ezekial:Question number two, submitted by Ashly Boss; "You have been in a couple other fight orgs before coming to the AJFC,which one is your favorite and why?"

Danial:I love AJFC. I´ve been given fair offers all the time, time to train between fights and good contracts. But I must say that being a part of the legendary BKC London truly was an honor as well.

Ezekial:Question number three, submitted by Alex Jones... "The government is poisoning the water and the food, just look it up, its right there to read."

Danial:Ehh.... lol

Ezekial:OOOOOOkay... that wasn't really a question, but the man is right, I'll give him that. Lets read on shall we?

Ezekial:Question number four, submitted by.... Oh come on tell me this isn't real... Chuck Norris... He wants to know... "As a former martial arts champion I feel we have some things in common. If I were in my prime, how do you think we would match up in the cage?"

Danial:Holy hell Mr. Norris, I probably wouldn't stand a chance. You´re a legend!

Ezekial:Wow I tell you what, after those last two questions, I wonder what the next one is haha. Okay, question number five, submitted by, oh thank goodness a normal name, Scott Coats. He asks; "Ive followed you since your first appearance in the QFC, when you were weighing in at 170. What made you decide to drop so much weight once you got into the BKC? And would you ever consider going back to 170?"

Danial:Well, I´m pretty short and I felt a bit slow in there at 170 lb´s. BKC wanted me to go to 155 and I obliged. And to answer the second part, I like it at 155 but I would love a shot at the 170 title, I would smash all those guys!

Ezekial:Okay well that last one was more like two questions, so we shall say we are on question number seven, submitted by Charles Baker. "How much training does it take to get ready for a fight? That would include mental as well as physical"

DanialI think, eat and sleep fighting. its 24/7 for me.

Ezekial:Question number eight, submitted by, Hey! its mine hahah!. Okay well I would like to know... "Of all the fights you have ever been in, win or lose, who was your toughest opponent?"

DanialI think Bushido Brown is. I just lost the title fight at BKC, got pissed and left the org to evolve my skills. I got an offer to fight Bushido and accepted it. He might not be the guy with the highest skills but I fought him in a time that I really wanted a win and I was vulnerable as hell.

Ezekial:question number nine, submitted by Amber Redd. She asks; "Your so hot, would you marry me?"

Danial:Hm, just might dear. But you can´t buy a car without test riding it first... you wanna go to my place?

Ezekial: Haha! well, sounds like someone has a date coming. On to question number ten, which is apparently the last question, because there are no more written down on my little sheet here. Young Ryan Miller wants to know; "I'm eight years old and take karate, how long will it take before I can become a champion like you?"

Danial:Hey there! Well I was 26 when I become champ, could´ve been younger but I think it´s good not to become champ at too early age. Anyway, have fun at training- thats the most important thing. Chicks and the belt will come later on.=)

Ezekial: What a way to finish things, with a question from a kid haha. Well Dan once again I thank you for joining us, anyone you would like to say hi to or mention before we go?

Danial:Thank you Ezekial. Id like to thank Marcus at AJFC and my alliance CBK.

Speaking of that, - Hey Amber! Let´s go to my place... Bye Ezekial.

Ezekial:There you have it ladies and gents, Danial Krigare, AJFC 155 Lb champion. I'm Ezekial Smith, for AJFC NEWS RADIO, signing off.

AJFC NEWS RADIO... THE LEADER IN MMA.