#122 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,694 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:07 AM

Good win, kind of shows that weight does not matter at all, especially since Mike decided to "give grappling a push". 

#123 Marky

Marky

Brown Belt

• Developer
  • 954 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:53 AM

Congrats Alex, nicely done.

I kind of guessed this to happen, 68lbs and 54cm reach difference seemed to be more harmful than useful based on what the tournament showed in previous fights as well. I think it's silly but what can you do. Surprised a bit Friedrich got it with the 1st sub attempt but that's how it went this time.

Maybe Marky the fighter will come back stronger, at 25 years old he still has plenty of skills left to acquire.

#124 imcool

imcool

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:58 AM

Congrats Alex, nicely done.

I kind of guessed this to happen, 68lbs and 54cm reach difference seemed to be more harmful than useful based on what the tournament showed in previous fights as well. I think it's silly but what can you do. Surprised a bit Friedrich got it with the 1st sub attempt but that's how it went this time.

Maybe Marky the fighter will come back stronger, at 25 years old he still has plenty of skills left to acquire.

Good fight Mark.  These types of tournaments are definitely fun and the openweight style gives a lot more depth, but the speed advantage/stamina retention in this game is too critical for the little guys.  Something Mike needs to really look at.  There's no reason for someone 54cm shorter to land those type of counters.

I honestly did expect a quick finish after scouting Marky, but I did not think it would come via sub.  Those are like mythical unicorns for me.

1542546360The_Stepdads.png

#125 Marky

Marky

Brown Belt

• Developer
  • 954 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:54 PM

Good fight Mark.  These types of tournaments are definitely fun and the openweight style gives a lot more depth, but the speed advantage/stamina retention in this game is too critical for the little guys.  Something Mike needs to really look at.  There's no reason for someone 54cm shorter to land those type of counters.

I honestly did expect a quick finish after scouting Marky, but I did not think it would come via sub.  Those are like mythical unicorns for me.

I actually had set the tactics in stone earlier but changed them completely a day before the fight because my common sense suddenly started to tell me my guy is half a meter taller so I should use it. :blink:

I was sort of ready to grapple a bit but unfortunately got mounted straight from the knockdown and I guess my guy was so out of it he didn't defend properly to at least hang on a bit.

#126 imcool

imcool

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:01 PM

I actually had set the tactics in stone earlier but changed them completely a day before the fight because my common sense suddenly started to tell me my guy is half a meter taller so I should use it. :blink:

I was sort of ready to grapple a bit but unfortunately got mounted straight from the knockdown and I guess my guy was so out of it he didn't defend properly to at least hang on a bit.

Sometimes it's better to leave common sense out of MMAT and try to adjust to the engine instead lol.  I never faced an opponent w/ such a height advantage, so I didn't know what to expect, but I did have a feeling the height might not play a role here cause...well...mmat lol.  I actually wasn't planning to take the fight to the ground, I just forgot to tick the "Allow opponent standup" box lol.

#127 Marky

Marky

Brown Belt

• Developer
  • 954 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:13 PM

Sometimes it's better to leave common sense out of MMAT and try to adjust to the engine instead lol.  I never faced an opponent w/ such a height advantage, so I didn't know what to expect, but I did have a feeling the height might not play a role here cause...well...mmat lol.  I actually wasn't planning to take the fight to the ground, I just forgot to tick the "Allow opponent standup" box lol.

True that.

Ticking Allowing opponent standup wouldn't have mattered though since I wasn't going for any standups anyway.

#128 imcool

imcool

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:18 PM

True that.

Ticking Allowing opponent standup wouldn't have mattered though since I wasn't going for any standups anyway.

So I lied.  I just checked his sliders, and the box was checked off.  My understanding is if the box is checked off, and the opponent gets knocked down, my fighter should NOT go to the ground and "wave him back up".  Not sure wtf happened in this fight, a bit confused why Alzheimer followed to the ground.

Edit: I'm a moron.  My alliance mate pointed out the Follow/Don't follow knockdown slider, and I obviously had that one set to "Follow" lol.  Mystery solved.

#129 EliteM

EliteM

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 705 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:23 PM

So I lied.  I just checked his sliders, and the box was checked off.  My understanding is if the box is checked off, and the opponent gets knocked down, my fighter should NOT go to the ground and "wave him back up".  Not sure wtf happened in this fight, a bit confused why Alzheimer followed to the ground.

Edit: I'm a moron.  My alliance mate pointed out the Follow/Don't follow knockdown slider, and I obviously had that one set to "Follow" lol.  Mystery solved.

I'm proud of you big step dad you making history everyday!

Disco chicken legs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users