Photo

What happens to boxing if McGregor wins?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

9c51df3aa601aec20a9cbe0d07611589.png

As kenlow would say its a ''Sticky Situation''

#22 mmagladiators

mmagladiators

Purple Belt

• Developer
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:Business, MMA, Sports
  • Manager Profile

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

if McGregor wins, then the new movement starts in MMA and the future youngsters will focus on boxing 1st, then round their skills. meaning in the future the UFC will have amazing stand up fighters.. and the death of Bjj will begin.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 DavyJones

DavyJones

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

Even though the date is fast approaching I still don't believe this fight is going to happen. Just waiting for the announcement, they will probably wait until the day before to call it off :P 

7gGdAvs.png

#24 Rocket

Rocket

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

if McGregor wins, then the new movement starts in MMA and the future youngsters will focus on boxing 1st, then round their skills. meaning in the future the UFC will have amazing stand up fighters.. and the death of Bjj will begin.

Lol I can't tell if this is a troll or if you believe yourself...boxing will be the death of bjj lmao what a tool

Posted Image

#25 Lefty

Lefty

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

Even though the date is fast approaching I still don't believe this fight is going to happen. Just waiting for the announcement, they will probably wait until the day before to call it off :P

Idk if this is possible. Has that ever happened before? I know that they are making a lot off of the press conferences alone with people paying like 100$ just to watch Mcrgregor speak. Would be a shame but in a way very genius.

#26 rac2

rac2

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:24 AM

this is the typical puncher's chance for conor. if (HUGE if) it happens, they'll just consider it a fluke and schedule a rematch. boxing won't be hurt at all.

#27 GregBison

GregBison

White Belt

• Manager
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Mayweather is probably one of boxing's biggest heroes in a long time.  What does it say about the sport of boxing if and MMA fighter crosses lines and whoops his ass at his own game?

I think boxing will be fine cause mayweather is 40 years old he was done with boxing only came out for this fight for the money!!

i think for the UFC it will make them even bigger then they are but at the same time boxing has been dying for awhile and UFC has been up and coming.. so the only thing this fight will do is help each sport do what they where already doing just a bit faster.. 

but with that being said i dont think boxing will ever die at the same time conor is the best in UFC and UFC is getting bigger then boxing so to think him winning will kill off boxing is wrong.. 

this will probably help both sports maybe if you look at it like this other fighters will want to be better to try and  have fights like this.. and tbh conor is only 29 he could fight few UFC guys then do another boxing match to another big name in boxing .. and others could cross over as well if they do great.. 

at the end of the day no one knows what the out come of this fight will do to either sport its a wait and see but this is great for both sports  better for UFC ofc but great for both 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users