Do any Christians play MMaTycoon

Polarizing opinions for sure, as well as one of the rare topics where people feel the need to push thier opinions on others - and it goes both ways. What I find even funnier (or more ironic) is that the ones who push opinions the most are the ones who are most upset that the other side is pushing thier opinions. haha

If organized religion hadn't shown their dangerous and destructive claws throughout history, no one would probably care what religious organizations are doing today, other than their own members. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I say love and let live, no use in getting worked up over this. If you don't like religion don't join a religion based alliance. If you do join our found an alliance and don't bother others with it. The only problem is recruiting in s religious alliance as I'm not in favour of that. ..

Nutty fictional Speculation

Consider this somewhere in time, between 100BC and 200AD.....

"A group of very smart members of a very persecuted group of people, seeking to protect the group for the future".

They think of a sub religion, create a storyline, (easily ripped off from various older religions), where the followers pray to the same god as the persecuted and later merge one of their own (Jesus) into their existing God..... meaning the new religions members will always be "special religious friends" of the persecuted group in the future and would worship one of the persecuted as part of their God......

Basically creating religious allies for the future, as long as that new religion lasts,.....

Its not like they could add people to their own religion, as you have to be born into it to be a "real one".....

So the second best thing given that situation, is to make a new religion, based on their own, where themselves are actually accepted as the true "children of God".....

And it worked way better and longer, than they could ever have dreamt of. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Not that I ever pushed my views or beliefs on anyone. It's a funny thing it's always free speech until a Christian makes a statement of belief or answers a question that is asked. Then it always turns into out dated thinking, bigotry, ignorance, intolerance, should I go on.

Like dinooo stated "Yet national segregation is? FinnFighters etc, nationalism is just another form of segregation. It was made by people who drew fancy lines on maps and marked their territory. You can be as proud as your religion as much as you want to be proud as your nationality. He may just want an alliance with people who believe in the same thing he does, a common ground shared between them in order to start up a conversation and make friends. Same way being in an alliance with your fellow countrymen, you can talk about current events happening in your country."

I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR GUYS TO MAKE AN ALLIANCE WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously anyone a Denver Broncos, or Ohio State Buckeyes fan??????? To be PC sorry Michigan fans dont't mean to offend:)

• Upvote 1

Nutty fictional Speculation

Consider this somewhere in time, between 100BC and 200AD.....

"A group of very smart members of a very persecuted group of people, seeking to protect the group for the future".

They think of a sub religion, create a storyline, (easily ripped off from various older religions), where the followers pray to the same god as the persecuted and later merge one of their own (Jesus) into their existing God..... meaning the new religions members will always be "special religious friends" of the persecuted group in the future and would worship one of the persecuted as part of their God......

Basically creating religious allies for the future, as long as that new religion lasts,.....

Its not like they could add people to their own religion, as you have to be born into it to be a "real one".....

So the second best thing given that situation, is to make a new religion, based on their own, where themselves are actually accepted as the true "children of God".....

And it worked way better and longer, than they could ever have dreamt of. :)

Again, it's as though you hate Christianity. I don't care why you don't believe, man. So while I've spared you from hearing why I believe, you can't have the courtesy to do the same?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He can join the League of Scholarly gents we don't discuss religion too much but a number of us pray to the porcelain god at weekends.

Reading some of the posts on here gives me panic attacks that I'm back in a seminar at university with boners that are trying too hard to impress each other.

Can we discuss bond duration and Japanese superlongs next? Oh shit self induced coma hitting my frontal lobes.

• Upvote 2

If organized religion hadn't shown their dangerous and destructive claws throughout history, no one would probably care what religious organizations are doing today, other than their own members. ;)

If you want to blame religion for everything then fair enough, but the one common constant in dangerous, and destructive things that have happened in the world has been humans themselves. We as humans have been known to kill each other for pretty much any reason you want to give, religion is just used as a scapegoat. 99% of those who believe in a God of any kind tend to be peaceful unless someone is trying to force their opinions down their throat.

The people believed in Gods way before Christianity ever hit town. Some of the smartest men alive believed in many Gods, for example the ancient Greeks. I for example believe in a God, this God could be Allah, Zeus or God himself, as long as he is looking down on me. I have said prayers previously to the big man upstairs as i call him and funny enough through divine intervention or the more probable just pure luck, my prayer was answered. If that makes me mentally ill then so be it, i am mentally ill. I will however say that your personal views come through as narrow and not very in-depth as by the knowledge bomb laid upon you by Mannetosen. You are generalizing a very complex subject into a context that holds no grounds. Now i believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and i understand kinda the point you are trying to make, but some of it comes across as me as someone who is fanatically against religion to the point if they could would like to destroy it.

• Upvote 1

Here is a fact: Most people believe out of fear, than out of faith.

bible quotes

Attention devout bible believers. You believe in a book that men wrote when they knew the earth was flat. A book they wrote in a time where if you disagreed that the world was flat, they would kill you. A time where their solution to the accusation of witches was to burn them alive. You can quote the bible, but have you read the whole bible? People should be careful before they invest all their marbles into that book them deem so holy. Btw, the bible preaches "Death to Homosexuals" but if God is the creator of all people, why would he make somebody attracted to men? Genetics, logic, and evolution defy organized religion in most if not all cases.

A lot of people's excuse is "everybody who reads the bible interprets it differently" well, please interpret any of the following any differently than the direct message it's sending. Just let me know what bible you read, and I'll find your exact verse quoted directly from your book.

"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." #Leviticus 21:9

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." #Exodus 21:20-21

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her." #Deuteronomy 22:28-29

(The following our from the King James Version - but can be found in just about all bibles)

20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.
#Exodus 21:20-21

28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
#Deuteronomy 22:28-29

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
#Leviticus 20:13

7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
8 If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.
9 And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.
10 If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.
11 And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.
#Exodus 21:7-11

14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
#Zechariah 14:1-2

Job 41:1-34 - it's about a fire breathing dragon, too long to post.
Zephaniah 2:12-15 - is about destroying Ethiopia and killing all Ethiopians.
2 Samuel 12:11-14 - is about Polygamy, Rape, Baby Killing, and God's "Forgiveness"
Deuteronomy 21:10-14 - approving the rape of female captives
Genesis 22:1-18 - the famous story about Abraham being told by God to burn his only son Isaac in a sacrificial offering on one of the mountains in the land of Moriah.

So while I am very offended with the bible, and a lot of the hardcore bible thumpers, I tend to keep it to myself. I also don't intend this post to be offensive to you, I'm pointing out facts. Directly from this book people live and die by, without ever actually reading the whole damn thing. If you believe in that book you have to believe and support ALL of it. You can't just pick and choose quotes to live by.

The possibility of a higher power exist. The possibility of an afterlife is out there. But if the holy bible's Heaven and Hell exist, I'd rather go to Hell with the Hookers and fornicators than be in Heaven sipping martinis with the pedophiles of the church.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

PLEASE REMEMBER I am not trying to offend anybody. I am not tying to attack you directly, I am not trying to talk down to you for your beliefs, you're entitled to believe in whatever you want to. I am not trying to be aggressive or anything like that. I like this thread, I like the religious debate, keep it civil, I feel like I am being very civil about it.

The majority of Jesus followers believe that he's going to return in their lifetime. Yes, they believe that one Jewish guy from Israel who's been dead for thousands of years, is going to return to this earth, a holy zombie of a higher power and guide them to this magical place called Heaven. The bible preaches this event known as the "Rapture". The bible was created (and constantly revised) thousands of years ago. 'Rapture' is derived from Middle French rapture, via the Medieval Latin raptura ("seizure, rape, kidnapping"), which derives from the Latin raptus ("a carrying off"). News for you Jesus lovers, this sounds more like an alien abduction than a form of divine intervention. Jesus told his followers he was going to return as he flew away on a spaceship, and he plans to kidnap, rape, carry away, and enslave the human populous.

Closest thing we've had to a Zombie Apocalypse was that hungry bum in Miami who was so high he thought he was marooned in a concrete jungle. Then there's that one time Jesus came back from the dead. Even though it was over 2000 years ago at a time when they would hang anybody who didn't believe the earth was flat and burn any woman accused of witchcraft alive on a stick - they at least had the common sense to put down a zombie.

"Hey MMATYCOON y'know this guy Bob Chong, that guy that's prancing around like he's holier than thou... well that's because he is. He's the holiest of all holy people, he's God's one and only son, and his earth mother was Mary Jane and she was totally a virgin. How did a virgin get pregnant with no penetration? Well God obviously artificially inseminated her without her consent for the greater good. You might have seen Bob Chong around in his turban preaching and holding prayer sessions like a cult leader, they even made a million different books about him. Zeus? Moses? Confucius? Muhammad? Buddha? Gandhi? All those other guys are definitely fake man, false prophets. Seriously dude, I totally met Bob and he turned bread into cannabis! He's the real fucking deal man. You don't believe me yet? Well he died and came back to life 3 days later. How many times did that Muhammad or Zeus guy do that? Exactly. Listen, you should at least join his cult and worship him just to be safe because if you don't believe in him, you're going to burn in a fiery lake for eternity. The ONLY thing you can do to save yourself from eternal damnation is ask him to forgive you for your sins. You cooked and ate all your babies for dinner? Just ask Bob for forgiveness. Rape women? Just ask Bob for forgiveness when you're done. Molest a child? Oh that's okay he'll understand - most of his priests do that and they're all up here hanging out sipping Margaritas with Michael Jackson! Just ask Bob for the forgiveness package when you're walking towards the light at the end of the tunnel and you get to go to his holy kingdom of Heaven with Hitler, David Koresh, Charlemagne, Julius Caesar, Jeffery Dahmer, David Berkowitz, Paul Jennings Hill, Charles Coughlin, and hopefully sooner than later, Jerry Sandusky."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Again, it's as though you hate Christianity. I don't care why you don't believe, man. So while I've spared you from hearing why I believe, you can't have the courtesy to do the same?

Wow, this isn't "what i believe" man lmao

Headed with "Nutty fictional speculation"

What makes that sound like something "I believe"?

Do you seriously think it makes any difference to me whether "you believe" or not?

If you choose to be "insulted" by my words, just like the fanatical muslims do when Muhammed is mentioned in a dodgy way, that's your problem, not mine.

I have not intentionally tried to insult you personally in any way......

But, if you decide to become insulted in the name of your religion or your Lord,, then I just feel sorry for you bud.

After all, they are supreme beings and don't need any mortals to be insulted for them.

• Upvote 2

If you want to blame religion for everything then fair enough, but the one common constant in dangerous, and destructive things that have happened in the world has been humans themselves. We as humans have been known to kill each other for pretty much any reason you want to give, religion is just used as a scapegoat. 99% of those who believe in a God of any kind tend to be peaceful unless someone is trying to force their opinions down their throat.

The people believed in Gods way before Christianity ever hit town. Some of the smartest men alive believed in many Gods, for example the ancient Greeks. I for example believe in a God, this God could be Allah, Zeus or God himself, as long as he is looking down on me. I have said prayers previously to the big man upstairs as i call him and funny enough through divine intervention or the more probable just pure luck, my prayer was answered. If that makes me mentally ill then so be it, i am mentally ill. I will however say that your personal views come through as narrow and not very in-depth as by the knowledge bomb laid upon you by Mannetosen. You are generalizing a very complex subject into a context that holds no grounds. Now i believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and i understand kinda the point you are trying to make, but some of it comes across as me as someone who is fanatically against religion to the point if they could would like to destroy it.

Nope, I blame greed for everything.

Greedy people have used religion throughout history to gather the uneducated masses to support the ends to their greedy means.

Organized religion is just a tool.

• Upvote 2

Nope, I blame greed for everything.

Greedy people have used religion throughout history to gather the uneducated masses to support the ends to their greedy means.

Organized religion is just a tool.

and it's been the root to most wars. People have been killing each other for thousands and thousands of years over their beliefs.

http://www.vice.com/read/christmas-did-not-go-well-in-the-central-african-republic

One consistency of war throughout history is that the root of it usually starts with religion. Like it or not, religion kills. Humanity needs to evolve past man-made books and psychotic biblical revelations. If you require a Santa Clause complex to not live like an asshole, deep down past all the religious makeup, you're still an asshole.

• Upvote 1

I'm against someones unfounded/unproven believes attempting to control the way I live my life in any way shape or form.

Ones religious beliefs are a personal thing and trying to force them onto to others, only leads to bad things,, history has shown this repeatedly.

I have no problem with any passive religion, not attempting to penetrate politics, education and/or any other areas of my life.

That's it really.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I seriously can't understand why some people in today's can't just let others believe in whatever they want to believe in. Personally, I feel it's better to believe in something rather to believe in nothing.

Like what's a nicer though - to believe that there is some sort of God and there is such a place as heaven, or to believe that there's nothing and that as soon as you die, that's it, nothing happens afterwards, it's just as if you go into a permanent sleep.

As for creation theory (Big Bang vs God creating the world), scientists have tried on numerous occasions to prove the Big Bang theory and have not came up with an answer. You should consider Einstein's theory: “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

So if the Big Bang theory is actually correct, then Einstein's theory was wrong and for Einstein to be wrong would be pretty remarkable considering that he is considered one of the smartest scientists of all time and I think an IQ of 150 (the max you can get)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I seriously can't understand why some people in today's can't just let others believe in whatever they want to believe in. Personally, I feel it's better to believe in something rather to believe in nothing.

Like what's a nicer though - to believe that there is some sort of God and there is such a place as heaven, or to believe that there's nothing and that as soon as you die, that's it, nothing happens afterwards, it's just as if you go into a permanent sleep.

As for creation theory (Big Bang vs God creating the world), scientists have tried on numerous occasions to prove the Big Bang theory and have not came up with an answer. You should consider Einstein's theory: “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

So if the Big Bang theory is actually correct, then Einstein's theory was wrong and for Einstein to be wrong would be pretty remarkable considering that he is considered one of the smartest scientists of all time and I think an IQ of 150 (the max you can get)

Recently scientists applied the Quantum gravity calculation model to the existing Big bang theory, and more recently to the Black hole theory..... and guess what... the biggest problem of both these theories disappeared.....

Suddenly there was no singularity. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Recently scientists applied the Quantum gravity calculation model to the existing Big bang theory, and more recently to the Black hole theory..... and guess what... the biggest problem of both these theories disappeared.....

Suddenly there was no singularity. ;)

What was the biggest problem of both the Big Bang theory and the Black Hole theory?

I'm not big into science, so if you could explain what exactly Quantum Gravity Calculation Model is and how it solves the biggest problem to both the Big Bang theory and the Black Hole theory.

I would quote but its too long but this part is directed to Grasman.

You are going by the sins of the past. As i already stated previously, religion to most people is just a belief in some higher power, nothing else. It is no different than some people following football teams now a days. You get your die hard fans who would die for the cause, those people tend to be in the minority. For example Celtic FC have a group called the green brigade which is around about 200 fans in the official section. They are 60,000 that go to that same stadium who go because they like the team and enjoy football.

PS its still called theories for a reason. I recently read somewhere science cannot understand how we ride a bicycle. You expect me to believe in the word of people who cannot explain how we ride a bicycle on how the world was engineered. I don't care what the IQ is of the person, until they explain to me how to i ride my bicycle, i ain't gonna take their word on anything more complex.

Fair enough you want to feel good Mark.

But in reality, the thought of Santa Claus is also much nicer than reality,, but its still imaginary.

Basically, nothing points to his actual existence other than some old stories.

I see religious people very much in the same way.

It's all good, until it peoples belief in Santa/God starts to effect my life..

I refuse to accept to be controlled in any way by someones imaginary saviors or friends, even though they mean well.

Personally, knowing real things makes me feel good, even it means i get eaten by worms and bacteria after i die.

If anyone can prove the existence of a supreme being of any sort... i'm all ears... but that would have to be something other than words in a book self claiming its words are the words of a supreme being.. ;)

Until then i'll stick with facts and well backed theories.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Wow, it's kind of funny how those who are critical of people for "pushing their thoughts and beliefs on others" were the ones who jumped into the guy's thread about forming an alliance to push their thoughts and beliefs about religion being bunk.

A lot of hypocrisy going on in this thread.

The guy was about as non polarizing as one could be, but people felt the need to jump in and push their beliefs or non-beliefs on everyone under the guise of it being a polarizing topic. I can only assume that someone was standing behind you with a gun pointed at your head and refused to let you click on the little next button and not reply at all? lol

Seriously though, the OP was very respectful about what he was looking for and made sure not to bad mouth any belief that anyone else may have. If this is how he would enjoy playing the game, who are we to tell him otherwise?

If everyone has such a need to puff their religious e-chests, can't another thread be started for that instead of shitting all over this guys?

• Upvote 6

religion to most people is just a belief in some higher power, nothing else.

Pretty much. I believe in God, Heaven, Jesus and the miracles he performed according to the Bible. However I don't believe everything in the Bible word for word.

I think people have to remember, that the Bible was written a long time ago, so a lot of the old chapters can no longer be applied to today's world because so much has changed since then.

This one is directed to Chris

What you wrote is very much the same as i have seen from most people who like to bash Christianity. A few stupid lines out of a book which is what 1700 years old or some shit (i am going from memory here but i am thinking dead sea scrolls). As you said they are logical explanations such as the world they believe in was flat, now we know it is kinda round. For everything you bash religion for, it also taught us how to live together in harmony. Religion could be seen as the route to all historically accounted acts of war, if you believe in the Kings divine rights to rule and shit like that. Which i assume you don't, so therefor you could blame whoever the smartest man on the planet was. The smartest man on the planet was that man who first came up with the concept of building a fence around something and saying this is mine and convincing the people not to enter. That is greed, not religion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1