Everything you need to know about learning speed

VeikkoK

Nice! Much needed though. I have seen before that 2 on 1 training is 30% reduced in effectiveness though...so that would mean the numbers being pretty far off. A fighter who would have gone from 1.95 to 6.95 (5 pt gain) would only go from 1.95 to 5.45 (3.5 point gain). That's the difference if you're testing it btwn a mediocre learning speed and great speed...

Nice! Much needed though. I have seen before that 2 on 1 training is 30% reduced in effectiveness though...so that would mean the numbers being pretty far off. A fighter who would have gone from 1.95 to 6.95 (5 pt gain) would only go from 1.95 to 5.45 (3.5 point gain). That's the difference if you're testing it btwn a mediocre learning speed and great speed...

It's certainly not that much nowdays, at least when the starting value of that skill is very low like useless. For example one of my fighters trained clinchwork on 2on1 and went from 1.95 -> 6.45, and then takedowns in 1on1 session and went 2.1 -> 6.6, so the gains were identical. This of course also depends on the training partner, wiki states that if the other fighter in training is better than you, you train even more efficiently (marginally) than on 1on1 training.

• Upvote 1

skill snapshot requires vip... that said, the other greasemonkey scripts there are also helpful, so thanks.

Yes the VIP is really a must for many things. I'm not sure is the Tycoon Assistant with --, -, + and ++ ticks currently available for everyone? If so, you can get somekind of idea of learning speed with those, you should be moving from useless-- to useless+ if your fighter is good learner.

Another option is to train useless skill twice, and you should pop to abysmal after the second session.

Yes the VIP is really a must for many things. I'm not sure is the Tycoon Assistant with --, -, + and ++ ticks currently available for everyone? If so, you can get somekind of idea of learning speed with those, you should be moving from useless-- to useless+ if your fighter is good learner.

Another option is to train useless skill twice, and you should pop to abysmal after the second session.

Tycoon Assistant is only VIP

That's what I assumed. The second option is still valid though. The pop from useless to abysmal in two sessions, is combined gain of 8.05 points, ie. over 4 points on one session. That would equal learning speed at least 1.95->6, which is rather good. If the fighter doesn't pop even in three sessions, he is a very slow learner. Between that, depends how tight criterias you have.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a VIP who uses the non-VIP method. I don't care about the specific learning speed number. As long as they are not extremely slow I'm fine with it.

I don't pay that much attention to the learning speed either, I just keep track of pops and depops daily just to be safe

Okay, so I tested the training speed of my 18 year old fighter who is about two months old again. When created, he went from 1.95 to 6.9. Now he went from 1.95 to 6.75 with full energy and almost full morale (after training session it was 98.99 %, forgot to check it before training). So either the morale has a huge effect on learning speed, or the learning speed decreases gradually by age, and not stepwise (drops at birthdays)

Okay, so I tested the training speed of my 18 year old fighter who is about two months old again. When created, he went from 1.95 to 6.9. Now he went from 1.95 to 6.75 with full energy and almost full morale (after training session it was 98.99 %, forgot to check it before training). So either the morale has a huge effect on learning speed, or the learning speed decreases gradually by age, and not stepwise (drops at birthdays)

I'm pretty sure it's the morale. That drop seems consistent with my morale/learning speed experiment.

• 2 months later...