Physicals should increase and decrease quicker. specifically cardio

Since when does a fighter keep his cardio when he stops training for a month. If you stop for a month it should go back down to 5 or so (from elite)

That said, I think it should also increase quicker. and possible some of the other physicals .. you'd have to weigh each of the physicals and see which really increase quicker and which increase slower etc... based on real life.

If you had the physicals train quicker this would support newer players as well.. letting them fight earlier. Keeps interest

This is a revolutionary idea and quite frankly, am surprised nobody has brought it to the table yet.

ALSO, some sort of ''training camp'' time frame period for getting into shape should be implemented. and for example, if a fighter is coming off of 2 training camps (however many) vs someone who is coming off of one.. and hasn't fought in a while.. should have an advantage over the person just coming back from 1 training camp.

Tweak as necessary.

Just a thought

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

This is still a game and not real life. If taking this into consideration we would have to also take into consideration genetics and maybe how many fighters had asthma. Those fighters would never make it to the top and take much longer to train conditioning. Would ruin it for someone wanting to play a game.

The idea here is to get as close to being real and fair, but in the end its a game. Too much tweaking like this I think would ruin it.

This is the first time i ran across something that rainbow posted that didnt have a -1 on it, let alone a +1

It must be a sign of the times, however.... i see why you would want this, but i would be extremely disappointed if sparring and workout sessions didnt keep certain physicals from depopping

I disagree. The concept of muscle memory slows down physical deterioration in real life. Things like eating poorly are what causes things like conditioning to go down. I'm not saying that muscle memory prevents your bench max (for example) from decreasing by 100 lbs because you didn't lift for 6 months... but the effect is much more drawn out than only 1 month. I think our current system of depops for physicals is equipped to handle this real life situation and is timed precisely.

Good responses. I don't know.. I think what I said has some kind of value towards real life MMA. I'll leave that up to mike to decide.

I'm just trying to throw out some things to improve the game. Positive or negative feed back is welcomed... but, in the end, it's up to mike. so if he likes the idea... please consider putting more thought into it and ''tweak'' as needed, as I said.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

also # bjj. I am pretty sure ''muscle memory'' is a myth. I believed it existed for the longest time.. but read somewhere that it was indeed a myth and not very true.

All I know is from personal experience.. I can get great cardio in a min of 2-3 months.. and it will go down even faster... 1 month or so.

I agree with the concept, however the reality is that a sparring session is a cardio workout, as are other sessions such as takedown offense, punches, etc. So instead of then re-tweaking those accordingly I think it works fairly well as it is, as any professional fighter training all day 6 times a week, with a couple of cardio specific sessions is going to be in great shape.

• Upvote 2

Is the suggestion for when a fighter not training at all or is it for when he just doesnt train cardio?

If a guy just sits around doing nothing, i think the cardio and other physicals should go down at a steady pace. One month roughly equals 3 in game months. How many of you guys can sit around for 3 months doing nothing, and still go out and run or whatever you do, at the same level as when you stopped training?

• Upvote 1

I agree with ChrisK, I would fully support losing your conditioning on no training, but maintaining condition while you are regularly training especially if you are doing circuit training amongst your schedule is realistic.

Is the suggestion for when a fighter not training at all or is it for when he just doesnt train cardio?

If a guy just sits around doing nothing, i think the cardio and other physicals should go down at a steady pace. One month roughly equals 3 in game months. How many of you guys can sit around for 3 months doing nothing, and still go out and run or whatever you do, at the same level as when you stopped training?

It was for when they don't train at all. not just cardio.

idea is to train cardio more quickly. and also have it decrease more quickly (when not training)

and maybe do this for all physicals... and maybe not... this would especially help the newer players...

ALSO, just like in real life... when the game evolves... the athletes get better, better training etc etc.. so a fighter now could train physicals more quickly than fighters who trained 5 years ago (in-game) that would also add more realism.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If we accelerated physical declines, Sundays would be a killer as would any Free Agent who hasn't trained for awhile.

The concept is valid, but I don't think it works here.

they would also increaser quicker (depending on how he does it) whether its just cardio or all physicals etc etc

• Downvote 1

also # bjj. I am pretty sure ''muscle memory'' is a myth. I believed it existed for the longest time.. but read somewhere that it was indeed a myth and not very true.

Hahaha, sources please. Because that's absolute bullshit.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha, sources please. Because that's absolute bullshit.

Google is your friend. Thus far though, i've found mixed reviews. If you find a good scientific article feel free to post it. as I'm interested aswell

Uhm.... what? It was CLEARLY stated that I wasn't 100% sure as to whether it was a myth or not BUT was fairly certain I was correct... I THEN continued on offering you to show me evidence..

So I looked it up and came up with two different articles...

Article supporting my case: http://www.coryholly.com/articles/article.cfm?id=171

Article supporting Mannotossens and Kbags case: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135679131

So what's your phucking point?

• Downvote 2

• 1 month later...

I was just thinking that it would be nice to have higher starting physicals. Cut out weeks or months of nothing but physical training and get to 'the good stuff'.

I also agree all the different training methods (sparring or individual techniques) apply to most of the physicals. So even without a single circuit training session, cardio, yoga or weights; that fighter is still working his conditioning, agility, balance etc etc.