(Nominations) Org Of The Year 2015

GBK16

GAMMA - the anti-Mentor folks can suck it - you hate him for stuff he did almost 2 years ago - get over it already - besides, that shouldn't make you hate his org and his alliance and everyone in it.

I don't hate everyone in the alliance, nor do I hate everyone in his org. I have no idea who the fuck fills LOD members head with that rhetoric but jesus fucking christ it is getting old. A vast and I mean a vast majority of forum users hold no ill will to anyone in LOD, you guys chose to go into that alliance and if that works for you guys then great. GAMMA isn't even close to org of the year however, to the point I wouldn't even nominate it. GAMMA has done nothing special, it hasn't had the #1 p4p fighter in its org - actually I don't think many fighters have even ventured into the top 10 p4p. They got slapped down against Syn in the superfights that were held in between them. No big special events, no forum hype about anything really about GAMMA nor has it even been mentioned by the LOD members about a big event etc.

I was going to post something about CEO of the year also, that award should be Senzo's hands down, no contest. The guy is easily one of the more likable org owners in the game who keeps you in the loop about your fighters and what is planned for them if you haven't had a fighter offer in like 10 days. He managed controversy well when it occurred early on in the year and also managed to survive a bit of awful org ownership (in my humble opinion and he will even admit he made a oopsy when he ran 3 events per week when taking on the EPL).

• Upvote 1

^Or you know, other people could, you know, potentially someone else could be CEO of the year :D

But with GAMMA / EVO and stuff. I'm not sure if EVO has write ups and stuff but Mentor's putting that across as if it's an important factor, which it is, but it's important because it adds to the overall product and hype for the managers of the event. I can't imagine EVO has any problem with that. I see these forums have people who cant wait for an upcoming EVO event. Look at the Events of the Year thread, guys are going to remember those events for a while. EVO has the hype for their events even without write ups (maybe they do them too, no idea). In 2015, if I'm right, EVO is the UFC. They did it all in 2015 and if I'm correct people feel like their fighter has "made it" when they pick up their first EVO contract.

GAMMA would be WSOF in that scenario from my view (Shady owner joke is unintentional Mentor haha). But you guys might well have some cracking fighters, people who could do some damage in EVO. But the magnitude of the events, that feeling of scale when a big event features your fighter, I think GAMMA is likely missing that kind of stuff which EVO has. This is just an outsiders perspective but this is kind of what I see from looking around the forums.

Look at the Events of the Year thread, guys are going to remember those events for a while. EVO has the hype for their events even without write ups (maybe they do them too, no idea). I

Bro, i'm right here :(

Honestly, throughout the whole year, Evo has been the dominant org. Syn has backed up their roster with a lot of young talent that could benefit them going into the next year, while CEC has been top a few times but I haven't really seen any hype around their events. MFN is really an org that is extremely underappreciated in this award in my opinion. Lar does a great job over there, and is an owner that seems to be really invested in the guys in the org.

GAMMA has been a consistent #4 org in the game, but there will always be the asterix next to it from his past misdeeds. I personally have no issues with people just because they are in LOD, and I get along with some of them amazingly well so I don't understand the whole "people hate LOD" viewpoint. From my viewpoint, GAMMA hasn't really broken new ground from last year and has just maintained their position really, and since that position isn't the very pinnacle, it's not really a great year for progression, but more a great year for consistency.

• Upvote 2

/

In 2015, if I'm right, EVO is the UFC. They did it all in 2015 and if I'm correct people feel like their fighter has "made it" when they pick up their first EVO contract.

/

To some extent that is still true, but that seems to be changing a bit. Syn and CEC are considered just as great right now I believe, altough they maybe are still a few % behind EVO in terms of how well they are known. When I joined the game and looked for FA's to pick up, I would actually try to find decent FA's that had a contract at EVO so that I would be able to fight there. I no longer see it that way per se. The top of the org business has become wider, what is a good thing !

Just as an outsider, Syn and Ascension used to be talked about equal with EVO in 2014 I believe. I THINK I'm right that CEC has broken ground this year and established itself as a top org so 2016 could be the year where they dominate. I can only go off of what I hear about more since I've no top level fighters myself.

GBK, I'm still waiting on that write up you volunteered to do :D

The whole "everyone hates LOD" thing can't be true I dont think because they have so many managers. Everyone who runs an org in the game deals a lot with LOD fighters. Most of my favourite HG managers are in LOD and it makes no difference to me since why would I care what alliance someone is in? If the lads sound, he's sound. Simple as.

^Or you know, other people could, you know, potentially someone else could be CEO of the year :D

But with GAMMA / EVO and stuff. I'm not sure if EVO has write ups and stuff but Mentor's putting that across as if it's an important factor, which it is, but it's important because it adds to the overall product and hype for the managers of the event. I can't imagine EVO has any problem with that. I see these forums have people who cant wait for an upcoming EVO event. Look at the Events of the Year thread, guys are going to remember those events for a while. EVO has the hype for their events even without write ups (maybe they do them too, no idea). In 2015, if I'm right, EVO is the UFC. They did it all in 2015 and if I'm correct people feel like their fighter has "made it" when they pick up their first EVO contract.

GAMMA would be WSOF in that scenario from my view (Shady owner joke is unintentional Mentor haha). But you guys might well have some cracking fighters, people who could do some damage in EVO. But the magnitude of the events, that feeling of scale when a big event features your fighter, I think GAMMA is likely missing that kind of stuff which EVO has. This is just an outsiders perspective but this is kind of what I see from looking around the forums.

It depends on what you market as CEO of the year and what contributes to it.

The best CEO's for me are the ones you do not hear about, the guys who work in the shadows and generally are the get shit done people of the game. To be a good CEO, you need great problem solving skills and a big network of people which is generally lost now a days compared to that of 2/3 years ago. Prolly my biggest accomplishment this year, org wise was being able to organise two Olympics. It wasn't that difficult to be fair since orgs competing in the Olympics get the sense of "they have made it to the show" and get to showcase their best talent. I like to think that being invited to the dance is one of the accomplishments that orgs look forward to receiving. It is the whole reason I enjoy running the Olympics and as much as it may make me sound like a dickhead, but I know my shit about orgs, I am on good terms with nearly every org owner in the game. Even with Bjorn going to run Syn, despite our differences if Syn in my eyes is a top 8 org next year then it will get its invite to the dance, I however will ask JLP or someone else to pm me the fighter's list.

Also as far as Org of the year goes, Evo dominated this year, it went a little downhill in the past 2 months, blame me for that. I left to help out you and Jug was left to control the ship by himself, and running a top org by yourself is very overwhelming, I have went back and made it more stable with a roster over 100 again etc, and will continue to improve on it for the rest of the year. Org of the year isn't a marathon, nor is it a sprint to the finish. It is about consistency, and Evo consistently dominated this year, the only time it hasn't is perhaps in November. It also had to deal with its biggest star Leo retiring in October, not many orgs can bounce back from losing the #1 p4p fighter.

From my viewpoint, GAMMA hasn't really broken new ground from last year and has just maintained their position really, and since that position isn't the very pinnacle, it's not really a great year for progression, but more a great year for consistency.

We have increased our top 1000, top 200 and top 100 p4p fighters by around 25-30% since last year, i should know as i keep a record of that, so there has been significant improvement since last year.

-If you compare to the top end orgs, we have more consistent write ups, in fact we have more write ups probably than the top 10 put together.

-We have a very details analysis of all top fighters and we even have a all time manager list dating back to our induction with every single fight recorded to date. Every fight matters in our org.

-Most events held among any top level org (longivity).

-A lot of people bash us that we lack quality in our roster, we did have a couple of losses in super fights this year (as mentioned above), but our overall record stands at 121-58-2 record in super fights currently, in fact the only org we have a losing record against is Ascension. We are ahead in our matchups with Evo ,TTFC , Nordic Fire Championship, CFC, Versus, Blitz among others (Drawing 6-6 against Syn currently).

-Our satisfaction ratings are off the charts (highest among the main competition).

-Financially GAMMA is about as strong as it gets. We went from losing all our cash, hype and 50% of the roster 1 1/2 years ago, to having arguably the biggest cash reserves in the game. We have invested in just arena space around 20m.

-We are the only org in the game which runs 4 tiers. We have 3 smaller orgs for different ages, all being run at a very high level. I am not sure if anyone has that going on at the moment.

-Not to mention, we provide transport to events via LV and provide for Elite training to any fighter which demands it. We can even provide that elite level training in multiple cities.

The only thing which is comparable at this point is roster quality and hype levels. The roster quality is something which is improving on a monthly basis, where as the hype i can fix this weekend if i invest 500k more on ads or simply book fewer events like the other top orgs do.

• Upvote 3

We have increased our top 1000, top 200 and top 100 p4p fighters by around 25-30% since last year, i should know as i keep a record of that, so there has been significant improvement since last year.

-If you compare to the top end orgs, we have more consistent write ups, in fact we have more write ups probably than the top 10 put together.

-We have a very details analysis of all top fighters and we even have a all time manager list dating back to our induction with every single fight recorded to date. Every fight matters in our org.

-Most events held among any top level org (longivity).

-A lot of people bash us that we lack quality in our roster, we did have a couple of losses in super fights this year (as mentioned above), but our overall record stands at 121-58-2 record in super fights currently, in fact the only org we have a losing record against is Ascension. We are ahead in our matchups with Evo ,TTFC , Nordic Fire Championship, CFC, Versus, Blitz among others (Drawing 6-6 against Syn currently).

-Our satisfaction ratings are off the charts (highest among the main competition).

-Financially GAMMA is about as strong as it gets. We went from losing all our cash, hype and 50% of the roster 1 1/2 years ago, to having arguably the biggest cash reserves in the game. We have invested in just arena space around 20m.

-We are the only org in the game which runs 4 tiers. We have 3 smaller orgs for different ages, all being run at a very high level. I am not sure if anyone has that going on at the moment.

-Not to mention, we provide transport to events via LV and provide for Elite training to any fighter which demands it. We can even provide that elite level training in multiple cities.

The only thing which is comparable at this point is roster quality and hype levels. The roster quality is something which is improving on a monthly basis, where as the hype i can fix this weekend if i invest 500k more on ads or simply book fewer events like the other top orgs do.

I'd bet 5mil that in a 10v10 event between GAMMA and Evo, that Evo wins. You game?

• Upvote 6

I'd bet 5mil that in a 10v10 event between GAMMA and Evo, that Evo wins. You game?

As i already mentioned, the only thing which we can compare between the 2 orgs is roster quality. Considering that we have a much more limited pool of fighters to recruit from, it is remarkable how we are in the position to compare rosters.

For one though, i am not getting involved in massive 10 vs 10 org setups, way too much organization involved and shifting around with the rosters. Secondly, i do not put bets ever. If EVO wants to try and regain some respect and improve on the 13-2 beatdown we are putting on them at the moment, we are open to the idea of individual super fight exchanges, after all, Evo has always been the place we used to go to gain some easy hype, they have been hiding from us for the past 3 years :shades:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

As i already mentioned, the only thing which we can compare between the 2 orgs is roster quality. Considering that we have a much more limited pool of fighters to recruit from, it is remarkable how we are in the position to compare rosters.

For one though, i am not getting involved in massive 10 vs 10 org setups, way too much organization involved and shifting around with the rosters. Secondly, i do not put bets ever. If EVO wants to try and regain some respect and improve on the 13-2 beatdown we are putting on them at the moment, we are open to the idea of individual super fight exchanges, after all, Evo has always been the place we used to go to gain some easy hype, they have been hiding from us for the past 3 years :shades:

Firstly - 10 v 10 fight set ups don't take a lot of shifting about, it is fairly easy, I know this because i done this. Secondly, i understand you are not confident in your roster but i figured since you were rolling in it you would be a "baller" and pony up the big bucks. Thirdly - 13-2? If you don't mind pm'ing me the fights or posting them where, i assume you have a record of it and the fights. I doubt 15 superfights have taken place between Evo and GAMMA considering we haven't done business in the past 2 years - you cannot compare IMMA to Evo, Evo is when Empire merged in and we all know that Empire > IMMA easily.

I can understand if you don't want to do it though, and I think everyone knows that Evo isn't hiding from GAMMA; lets be fair. We all know why we don't do business together but meh, i thought it would be a fun event. There will be a thread sometime in the next 6 months or so, I asked about and it was decided that i should put it to a forum vote to see if you get an invite back to the Olympics after exclusion for the past two years.

• Upvote 1

I doubt 15 superfights have taken place between Evo and GAMMA considering we haven't done business in the past 2 years - you cannot compare IMMA to Evo, Evo is when Empire merged in and we all know that Empire > IMMA easily.

It is remarkable, but yeah, a total of 15 fights. I do not really care if IMMA/EVO changed their name or rebranded, it does not wipe away the fact that we had all those victories over their champs. I mean if Evo merges with CEC and becomes CEXEVO will that remove the past records? We had a 4-2 winning record against Empire as well, so in total we are 17-4 vs EVO/IMMA/EMP.

Note: For the full list of fights regarding the above, just check our site.

Anyway, i think this has went off topic so i wont continue any comments here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

From Jan to October /November EVo has dominated. Had the best fighters in the game constantly had the no 1 fighter in the game u till leo retired. SYN has been top for a bit and I think CEC Has been top over the last few weeks but I would imagine it changes after each event over the next month. Jug has owned thus org for a very long time and with Dino beside him now it's goin to take hell of a lot effort to knock the pair off the top perch.

I personally think this is a no brainier

1 - EVo

2- Cec/SYN

But what you do have is a lot of orgs slowly but surely breaking the mood of top ten.

Troid /Insanity spring to mind and I can

Guaranteed that legacy will be up there sometime next year. Sorry if IVE left any org out ive not really taken much notice of the game this year.

Dino CEC? will have a 10vs 10 lets get something set up. Always live stuff like that

• Upvote 3

From Jan to October /November EVo has dominated. Had the best fighters in the game constantly had the no 1 fighter in the game u till leo retired. SYN has been top for a bit and I think CEC Has been top over the last few weeks but I would imagine it changes after each event over the next month. Jug has owned thus org for a very long time and with Dino beside him now it's goin to take hell of a lot effort to knock the pair off the top perch.

1 - EVo

2- Cec/SYN

But what you do have is a lot of orgs slowly but surely breaking the mood of top ten.

Guaranteed that legacy will be up there sometime next year. Sorry if IVE left any org out ive not really taken much notice of the game this year.

Dino CEC? will have a 10vs 10 lets get something set up. Always live stuff like that

Respect, so now we know Davies has balls while Mentor only has more excuses.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 - EVo

2- Cec/SYN

Can arrange some shit for late January/early Feb if you wish (after the Olympics). I'll talk to the megahugger.

It is remarkable, but yeah, a total of 15 fights. I do not really care if IMMA/EVO changed their name or rebranded, it does not wipe away the fact that we had all those victories over their champs. I mean if Evo merges with CEC and becomes CEXEVO will that remove the past records? We had a 4-2 winning record against Empire as well, so in total we are 17-4 vs EVO/IMMA/EMP.

Note: For the full list of fights regarding the above, just check our site.

Anyway, i think this has went off topic so i wont continue any comments here.

Tonal wasn't with GAMMA when he fought against Womba, but even if you want to count it was 1-1 between the pair but you missed that.

Jesse Custer v Aj Hearts W GAMMA

Kenichi Shirahama v Dustin Douglas W EVO

Sergei Kravinoff v Alexander Valentine W GAMMA

Jeremy Tonal v Smokudju Womba Win GAMMA

Jeremy Tonal v Womba Win Evo

3-2 and considering that Custer is now an Evo fighter... Just shows we get the best.

That is your record against Evo.

I'm sure my opinion will come off as biased, but what Callum has done with Highland Games is pretty damn solid. He's good enough at what he does that I honestly think he'd do a better job running both HG and HC than I'm able to do running just HC. (c: He grew an organization from nothing to PPV-viable without big-name outside talent--in a year. That's pretty damn good.

• Upvote 3

I am going to weigh in on this even though most of you talking about it won't give a crap what I think, but maybe some will take a step back and say hmm!

As for the whole LOD issue, I have heard about it since my first week in the game a year and a half ago. If I followed this theme, that means that my company would not sponsor LOD fighters and miss out on some of the best talent in the game. Would be like saying I hate all White people, Black, Hispanic etc, which is impossible because, there is no way you could know theme all. Nor would all of them think or act the same. Finally for the LOD issue, what does a title have to do with whether or not someone was the best at something for a period of time and if they are or are not deserving of an award.

Speaking of AWARDS, these are not. These are NOMINATIONS. Simply says that someone noticed the performance and/or contributions of someone else and thought maybe they should be considered for an award. So no nomination can be the wrong answer. There will only be one winner. Why does it matter who got nominated. Lastly. If RANK was the barometer for who is best or better, then CHAMPIONS would never get defeated. If you look at professional sports, the chosen MVP rarely plays on the championship team.

Why did I write this long rant? I have always gotten along with the people I have run into in this game. I read the forums and often see these people at each other over some issue. I respect everyones right to choose. I guess it bothers me to see people who have been interacting with one another for perhaps years, dismissing someone else because of the decisions they have made. Everyone has the right to choose. Doesn't mean your wrong. Just means you see things differently. Good luck to all of the eventual 2015 nominees. :)

I am going to weigh in on this even though most of you talking about it won't give a crap what I think, but maybe some will take a step back and say hmm!

As for the whole LOD issue, I have heard about it since my first week in the game a year and a half ago. If I followed this theme, that means that my company would not sponsor LOD fighters and miss out on some of the best talent in the game. Would be like saying I hate all White people, Black, Hispanic etc, which is impossible because, there is no way you could know theme all. Nor would all of them think or act the same. Finally for the LOD issue, what does a title have to do with whether or not someone was the best at something for a period of time and if they are or are not deserving of an award.

Speaking of AWARDS, these are not. These are NOMINATIONS. Simply says that someone noticed the performance and/or contributions of someone else and thought maybe they should be considered for an award. So no nomination can be the wrong answer. There will only be one winner. Why does it matter who got nominated. Lastly. If RANK was the barometer for who is best or better, then CHAMPIONS would never get defeated. If you look at professional sports, the chosen MVP rarely plays on the championship team.

Why did I write this long rant? I have always gotten along with the people I have run into in this game. I read the forums and often see these people at each other over some issue. I respect everyones right to choose. I guess it bothers me to see people who have been interacting with one another for perhaps years, dismissing someone else because of the decisions they have made. Everyone has the right to choose. Doesn't mean your wrong. Just means you see things differently. Good luck to all of the eventual 2015 nominees. :)

Well said for the most part, only thing is most people do know this is only nominations and aren't actually arguing the nominations since once you are nominated you are nominated. This has simply also become a pre-vote discussion about who deserves to win before the voting actually takes place.

Also over a 100 people in LOD, of course you can't paint the whole alliance in any color. There is bound to be good managers, bad managers, Rabid-esque managers etc etc when you have that many people.

• Upvote 1

^This. If I was putting managers in a HG HOF, I have like 5 guys from LOD that would qualify. That being said, I've had some bad experiences with a few shady org owners from LOD. It's too vast a group to blame everyone for any negativity. Mentor from what I know has earned his bad reputation but that doesn't specifically reflect on everyone else.

• Upvote 1