Do any Christians play MMaTycoon

What was the biggest problem of both the Big Bang theory and the Black Hole theory?

I'm not big into science, so if you could explain what exactly Quantum Gravity Calculation Model is and how it solves the biggest problem to both the Big Bang theory and the Black Hole theory.

I am not a Mathematical Quantum Physicist, but here is an extract from a very interesting article on this subject. and a link to the article :)

New Scientist

"According to Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity, if a black hole swallows you, your chances of survival are nil. You'll first be torn apart by the black hole's tidal forces, a process whimsically named spaghettification.

Eventually, you'll reach the singularity, where the gravitational field is infinitely strong. At that point, you'll be crushed to an infinite density. Unfortunately, general relativity provides no basis for working out what happens next. "When you reach the singularity in general relativity, physics just stops, the equations break down," says Abhay Ashtekar of Pennsylvania State University.

The same problem crops up when trying to explain the big bang, which is thought to have started with a singularity. So in 2006, Ashtekar and colleagues applied loop quantum gravity to the birth of the universe. LQG combines general relativity with quantum mechanics and defines space-time as a web of indivisible chunks of about 10-35 metres in size. The team found that as they rewound time in an LQG universe, they reached the big bang, but no singularity – instead they crossed a "quantum bridge" into another older universe. This is the basis for the "big bounce" theory of our universe's origins.

Now Jorge Pullin at Louisiana State University and Rodolfo Gambini at the University of the Republic in Montevideo, Uruguay, have applied LQG on a much smaller scale – to an individual black hole – in the hope of removing that singularity too. To simplify things, the pair applied the equations of LQG to a model of a spherically symmetrical, non-rotating "Schwarzschild" black hole.

In this new model, the gravitational field still increases as you near the black hole's core. But unlike previous models, this doesn't end in a singularity. Instead gravity eventually reduces, as if you've come out the other end of the black hole and landed either in another region of our universe, or another universe altogether. Despite only holding for a simple model of a black hole, the researchers – and Ashtekar – believe the theory may banish singularities from real black holes too.

That would mean that black holes can serve as portals to other universes. While other theories, not to mention some works of science fiction, have suggested this, the trouble was that nothing could pass through the portal because of the singularity. The removal of the singularity is unlikely to be of immediate practical use, but it could help with at least one of the paradoxes surrounding black holes, the information loss problem.

A black hole soaks up information along with the matter it swallows, but black holes are also supposed to evaporate over time. That would cause the information to disappear forever, defying quantum theory. But if a black hole has no singularity, then the information needn't be lost – it may just tunnel its way through to another universe. "Information doesn't disappear, it leaks out," says Pullin

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's all good, until it peoples belief in Santa/God starts to effect my life..

I refuse to accept to be controlled in any way by someones imaginary saviors or friends, even though they mean well.

How is peoples belief in God starting to effect your life? Perhaps you don't like the government who make all the rules and regulations in your country which affects what you can and can't do, but religion does not affect what you can or can not do.

I would quote but its too long but this part is directed to Grasman.

You are going by the sins of the past. As i already stated previously, religion to most people is just a belief in some higher power, nothing else. It is no different than some people following football teams now a days. You get your die hard fans who would die for the cause, those people tend to be in the minority. For example Celtic FC have a group called the green brigade which is around about 200 fans in the official section. They are 60,000 that go to that same stadium who go because they like the team and enjoy football.

PS its still called theories for a reason. I recently read somewhere science cannot understand how we ride a bicycle. You expect me to believe in the word of people who cannot explain how we ride a bicycle on how the world was engineered. I don't care what the IQ is of the person, until they explain to me how to i ride my bicycle, i ain't gonna take their word on anything more complex.

Are you serious or are you trolling.... i'm not even sure how to take this.

Do you seriously think that physics (science) can't explain everything about riding a bicicle????

Seriously??????

If serious,,, what part exactly of riding a bicycle isn't explainable by science???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How is peoples belief in God starting to effect your life? Perhaps you don't like the government who make all the rules and regulations in your country which affects what you can and can't do, but religion does not affect what you can or can not do.

It affects it in many ways, mostly negative.

Two quick examples...

Banning same sex marriages is based on religion

Banning abortions is based on religion

That's a direct and horrible way to force ones beliefs onto others.

Wow, it's kind of funny how those who are critical of people for "pushing their thoughts and beliefs on others" were the ones who jumped into the guy's thread about forming an alliance to push their thoughts and beliefs about religion being bunk.

A lot of hypocrisy going on in this thread.

The guy was about as non polarizing as one could be, but people felt the need to jump in and push their beliefs or non-beliefs on everyone under the guise of it being a polarizing topic. I can only assume that someone was standing behind you with a gun pointed at your head and refused to let you click on the little next button and not reply at all? lol

Seriously though, the OP was very respectful about what he was looking for and made sure not to bad mouth any belief that anyone else may have. If this is how he would enjoy playing the game, who are we to tell him otherwise?

If everyone has such a need to puff their religious e-chests, can't another thread be started for that instead of shitting all over this guys?

This is spot on. I don't even really know what I believe, to be perfectly honest, but in reading this thread I can certainly see who the most concerned ones are, and they don't appear to be the Christians. :guitar:

• Upvote 1

Does anyone want to create an Alliance?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

I want to thank Steel Penn for offering an opportunity to join his alliance.

Anyone else willing to align themselves with a polarizing manager like myself, you won't have to deal with me to long my VIP runs out in in like 80 days:) unless I renew. THen you will have to deal with me for a little longer.

No Seriously are there no Bronco or Buckeye fans out there?

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Are you serious or are you trolling.... i'm not even sure how to take this.

Do you seriously think that physics (science) can't explain everything about riding a bicicle????

Seriously??????

If serious,,, what part exactly of riding a bicycle isn't explainable by science???

I don't know, i read the article on the BBC website about fun facts about the world. The reason i believe it, is because it said fact and not theory. The article was on a national news website and when i looked it up to try and find the article in google science can't explain one of the things that comes up is how bikes work. It is in no way shape or form trolling.

This is spot on. I don't even really know what I believe, to be perfectly honest, but in reading this thread I can certainly see who the most concerned ones are, and they don't appear to be the Christians. :guitar:

Maybe the Good Lord is tugging on their heart:) and they feel the need to overstate their point.

@Grassman,

Eventhough I don't believe in a religion there is no need to become disrespectful simply because they believe in something you don't and simply because others abused the same "god" to cause cruel acts.

Eg. I noticed you're from Iceland. How would you feel if we called everyone in Iceland financially incompetent (or worse) simply because your National bank (Ice Save) went bankrupt....

This is the same thing basically, though if I would do that everyone would say im completely nuts and racist against the people of iceland, and I would agree. So just leave him to his beliefs and don't try to convince or judge him.

You sound like a science jehova witness and though I agree with some if not most of your scientific remarks I don't agree with you trying to convince others in a jehova withness way...

• Upvote 1

Does anyone want to create an Alliance?

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

I want to thank Steel Penn for offering an opportunity to join his alliance.

Anyone else willing to align themselves with a polarizing manager like myself, you won't have to deal with me to long my VIP runs out in in like 80 days:) unless I renew. THen you will have to deal with me for a little longer.

No Seriously are there no Bronco or Buckeye fans out there?

:) :) :) :) :) :)

I only know of one Bronco or Buckeye fan and that guy is Bill Jenkins who also enjoys a good debate. I couldn't tell you if he is a Christian or not, you can find him hanging around chat every now and again.

@Grassman,

Eventhough I don't believe in a religion there is no need to become disrespectful simply because they believe in something you don't and simply because others abused the same "god" to cause cruel acts.

Eg. I noticed you're from Iceland. How would you feel if we called everyone in Iceland financially incompetent (or worse) simply because your National bank (Ice Save) went bankrupt....

This is the same thing basically, though if I would do that everyone would say im completely nuts and racist against the people of iceland, and I would agree. So just leave him to his beliefs and don't try to convince or judge him.

You sound like a science jehova witness and though I agree with some if not most of your scientific remarks I don't agree with you trying to convince others in a jehova withness way...

But but but,, Icelanders are Christians.... hehe

Jokes a side

They are financially incompetent.... thats a fact bud :)

There are a few Sharks who do things the American way, they made all the money and ate all the pies, but the rest are completely financially incompetent

But, Icesave (Landsbankinn, a private bank) has nothing to do with the national bank (Seðlabankinn) ;)

• Upvote 1

But but but,, Icelanders are Christians.... hehe

Jokes a side

They are financially incompetent.... thats a fact bud :)

There are a few Sharks who do things the American way, they made all the money and ate all the pies, but the rest are completely financially incompetent

But, Icesave (Landsbankinn, a private bank) has nothing to do with the national bank (Seðlabankinn) ;)

I stand corrected, but the point is clear lol...

It affects it in many ways, mostly negative.

Two quick examples...

Banning same sex marriages is based on religion

Banning abortions is based on religion

That's a direct and horrible way to force ones beliefs onto others.

One of which in the Christian world at least has been abolished, i have not delved into the world of Muslim, Buddhist etc nations so i won't bother commenting on them. The second one is legal in certain countries and is currently one of the hottest debates in the country. It depends on your own beliefs i guess, as far as i know that some churches will allow it and some do not want it to happen in their religious temples. I think it is fair for the churches who do not want to allow gay marriages in their churches to have their wishes allowed. Reason i believe that is because it is their belief, i do not believe in forcing beliefs on other people. If they wish to take my beliefs or opinions on board it is up to them.

• Upvote 1

I stand corrected, but the point is clear lol...

Well,, Seðlabankinn (the taxpayer) had to clean up the mess laid down by 3 private banks.

Combined the crash of these 3 banks is bigger than ANY SINGLE bank crash in the history of the US, Lehmann Bros included.

That crash supported by a nation of 300 thousand people, of which only around 130-150 thousand are working taxpayers.

Compare that to the US 150 million taxpayers. ;)

One other thing i would like to say is to thank the mods for allowing an intelligent debate on the forums. I like to think for the most part it has been kept civil between both sides.

Funny enough i just like a good debate, i could just as easy argue the point Grasman was putting forward as i could for religion. I would have taken my approach differently on it for sure. I hope you find an alliance Dvjmw with some of the awesome people in the community.

• Upvote 2