UFC Fight Night Machida vs Anders Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

The issue with Shevchenko fight is she was consistently landing semi-strong punches but nothing too big and never for a long period so there was never an obvious time to stop it - she didnt land more than a few at a time without Cachoeira fighting back and working out of the situation.

So I kinda dont blame Yamasaki but at the same time she took such a beating he shouldve stopped it, but tough to pinpoint when.

Dana White and the UFC should have protected Cachoeira by never making that fight in the first place. She looked to have very little actual training. Other then being Brazilian, tough and in shape she had no qualifying skills to actually be in the cage with a top level pro like Schevchenko, I dont even know if she would be all that competitive in Invicta.

Dana blaming Yamasaki for his companies fuck up is pretty much classic Dana. The new owners really need to phase him out.

• Upvote 1

Dana White and the UFC should have protected Cachoeira by never making that fight in the first place. She looked to have very little actual training. Other then being Brazilian, tough and in shape she had no qualifying skills to actually be in the cage with a top level pro like Schevchenko, I dont even know if she would be all that competitive in Invicta.

Dana blaming Yamasaki for his companies fuck up is pretty much classic Dana. The new owners really need to phase him out.

The company fucked up, but that has nothing to do with Yamasaki fucking up. The dude is a danger to fighers safety and the sport. And Herb Dean is not far behind

I gave it to Anders but wasnt a huge robbery

yup ... it was close

it isn't like Anders was clearly winning all the rounds or something

dude should be not that much patient ...

To be fair to the UFC, apparently a lot of girls were ducking Valentina and Cachoeira was the only one who stepped up.

But I agree that this fight shouldn't have been made and if was in the USA it wouldn't be sanctioned at all.

BUT, that doesn't take away that Yamasaki is an awful ref who has let a myriad of fights go on when they should've been stopped.

Being a ref is hard but when you are this bad at stopping a fight when somebody is getting their brains caved in, you shouldn't be reffing.

yup ... it was close

it isn't like Anders was clearly winning all the rounds or something

dude should be not that much patient ...

I honestly gave Lyoto 49-46 and I really wanted Anders to win.

It was tough to judge because you are pretty much judging if Lyoto's ineffective volume kickboxing was better than Ander's do absolutely nothing for 4.5 minutes and then land 1 to 2 good strikes boxing. It probably could have gone either way but no matter what it wouldn't have been a robbery.

He has had some bad calls, especially of late, but I think Herb is a pretty good ref. I much prefer refs who stop it early than stop it late, and for most of his career Herb usually made the right call.

Herb gives fighters time lately I find. Especially fighters with popularity and a reputation he will give those guys a lot more time to recover and try to come back but ultimately maybe it's not good if it puts a fighters health at risk.

There was a time when I would have called Herb Dean the best ref in the business but I suppose of late he really does let things go on a little too long.

When it comes to early stoppages though I find that a little bit controversial at times. I rather prefer the "give them a little more time" approach to recover if it is a fighter who is really good or has a strong chin/ has come back from bad spots before.

Maybe that's just me... I don't like seeing prolonged brutality for no reason but a mismatch is a mismatch. A good fighter though should be given their salts worth of time to come back and get back in the fight.