Tycoon World Grappling Championships (Discussion Thread)

MMATycoon

One other question for you actually....

- We can do categories by belt but that doesn't stop someone having beast secondaries and physicals and entering the blue belt category. How would you guys deal with that? A cap on secondaries and physicals to enter that category too?

How about a cap total points wise and sort it into levels like you do qfcs? But only factoring in specific stats. So punches wouldnt count towards it. Let's say all phys do (900 pts), cw/tko/tkd/subs/dg/trans/escapes(1050), and w/bjj (300). So at best a guy would be 2250. Of course the numbers can be tweaked.

Level 1 - 0 -599 (All useless - feeble)

Level 2 - 600 - 1049 (All Mediocre - respectable)

Level 3 - 1050 - 1499 (All proficient - superb)

Level 4 - 1500 - 1799 (All remarkable - wonderful)

Level 5 - 1800-2250 (All exceptionals-elites)

The levels could also stand for your belts

Level 1 - White

Level 2 - Blue

Level 3 - Purple

Level 4 - Brown

Level 5 - Black/Red

This may be confusin and too much work though.....................like ppl gettin into black but only hold brown belt idk.

Edit: was typin this out so didnt see Markyosullivan's suggestion about star's. That's probably better and a whole lot less confusin than what I posted here.

We could also make it impossible to cut weight for these events to make it more like real grappling competitions? i.e. you fight at your walking weight.

Would it also not count toward manager hype/record? That would be my personal preference, to keep all that sort of business entirely linked together and these added extras being separate events, but trophies to be won, etc.

I don't want it to add hype.

I don't really like the idea of skill caps because the whole purpose of the tournament (in my opinion anyways) is to see who is the best of the best of each belt level but if there is a cap then the best guys are fighting handicapped. I guess it's not really "fair" to the new managers but they should see it as another fun goal to strive for.

Isn't that a bit head in the sand regarding the problem though? I can tell you already who the best blue belt is - someone who's created a white belt with 100 on all the secondaries and then trained everything up so they're pretty much elite in all secondaries and just inside the blue limit. i.e. a really stupid build.

Fair enough, and actually now that I re-read your original question I see that it's more about controlling who is entering the lower level belt tournaments which now that I think about it more it does make sense for the white-blue-purples to be capped but Id like to see less restrictions for the brown-black-red divisions personally. They should be more about overall skills.

• Upvote 1

I don't really like the idea of skill caps because the whole purpose of the tournament (in my opinion anyways) is to see who is the best of the best of each belt level but if there is a cap then the best guys are fighting handicapped. I guess it's not really "fair" to the new managers but they should see it as another fun goal to strive for.

This.

Base it off belt color, and belt color alone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's a start for the ToTT based on the current one. What would you all change with this? You all are more creative than I am :P

I also uploaded the PSD in case any photoshop ppl wanted to mess around with it: http://www.mediafire.com/?no0237fb2zylnb4

http://105.imagebam.com/download/IEJ4cS6DTcOc9lnaVnpXFQ/24929/249288134/taleofthetape2.jpg

One other question for you actually....

- We can do categories by belt but that doesn't stop someone having beast secondaries and physicals and entering the blue belt category. How would you guys deal with that? A cap on secondaries and physicals to enter that category too?

I would agree. If you want realism then do it by belt categories but as you said people could have a blue belt but beast secondaries so i say what you said a cap

Here's a start for the ToTT based on the current one. What would you all change with this? You all are more creative than I am :P

I also uploaded the PSD in case any photoshop ppl wanted to mess around with it: http://rapidshare.co...eofthetape2.rar

http://105.imagebam.com/download/IEJ4cS6DTcOc9lnaVnpXFQ/24929/249288134/taleofthetape2.jpg

That's pretty nice. I was thinking maybe we could have some sort of grappling themed background though?

N.B. We have to pick cage or ring for these fights too... This is purely for commentary purposes because I can't be bothered doing loads and loads of commentary editing to block out any mention to cage / ropes. Any preference guys?

That's pretty nice. I was thinking maybe we could have some sort of grappling themed background though?

N.B. We have to pick cage or ring for these fights too... This is purely for commentary purposes because I can't be bothered doing loads and loads of commentary editing to block out any mention to cage / ropes. Any preference guys?

Does it make much of a difference?

Cage. Will make the grappling much more interesting.

Also, you definitely don't want to worry about moving the fight back to the center of a ring because limbs are getting tangled between ropes.

Cage. Will make the grappling much more interesting.

Also, you definitely don't want to worry about moving the fight back to the center of a ring because limbs are getting tangled between ropes.

I feel the opposite, you don't want someone held against the cage on the ground. Would prefer Ring

I'd go with a ring.

That was the plan but I wasn't sure how to go about it, that's why I uploaded the PSD file for others to figure it out a little better. Here's a simple addition if this helps:

http://i.imgur.com/MKkwMnC.jpg