Fedor close to signing with UFC?

I would be surprised if fedor sign with the UFC, but if he do and if you think how well Mark Hunt did when he came so old at the ufc you can only imagine how much can fedor do in;

Agreed.. Hunto came to the UFC at the right time, he was almost #1 contender twice. This is an ever better time for Fedor IMO.

If you believe FrontrowBrian, he has said its almost a done deal, we will see. It should be easier with Va-dummy out of the picture so...

And Vlad apparently has zero interest in co promoting or keeping Fedor.. He is proud of M-1 and says they can do it alone.. He stated he wants Fedor to go fight the best heavyweights and do whats best for him and his career..

Hopefully that is true!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I like Fador, but I think he would have very big problems in top 10. The level of the fighter skill has gone way up since pride. pride.

Who though? You really think Fedor would have huge problems with guys like Rothwell, Arlovski, Hunt, Bigfoot and Mir right now...

The level of the fighter skill has gone way up since pride. pride.

Not in the UFC HW division, it's an old division now.

Who though? You really think Fedor would have huge problems with guys like Rothwell, Arlovski, Hunt, Bigfoot and Mir right now...

Not in the UFC HW division, it's an old division now.

Take a bit into consideration that he is 38 years old and he hasn't fight for more than 3 years. I don't know how hard he was training in this period. I would really want to see how he copes with the a top 10 ufc fighter now .

I haven't seen too many of his fights but I would love to see him in ufc fighting and then this discussion will have no relevance since we will know for sure what skills he still poseses.

Why I say he will have problems in UFC is that the competitors in HW are old but they are still training very hard. Take a look at Alistar Overeem, he came into UFC like a big prospect, considered to be the next HW champ and he had a 1-2 record in his first 3 fights.

Like I said I would love to see Fedor in UFC against the top guys and I sincerely hope he will shut my mouth about doubting him and his skills.

• Upvote 1

Take a bit into consideration that he is 38 years old and he hasn't fight for more than 3 years. I don't know how hard he was training in this period. I would really want to see how he copes with the a top 10 ufc fighter now .

I haven't seen too many of his fights but I would love to see him in ufc fighting and then this discussion will have no relevance since we will know for sure what skills he still poseses.

Why I say he will have problems in UFC is that the competitors in HW are old but they are still training very hard. Take a look at Alistar Overeem, he came into UFC like a big prospect, considered to be the next HW champ and he had a 1-2 record in his first 3 fights.

Like I said I would love to see Fedor in UFC against the top guys and I sincerely hope he will shut my mouth about doubting him and his skills.

Fair enough.. I'm just a huge believer in what he can still do if he returns.. I would be heartbroken if his return didn't go as planned.

And to be fair again, ring rust is a real thing, ask Pettis and Cain.

• Upvote 1