Jack's Avatars

Jackking

Hey guys,

I have been interested in avatars for a while and had some free time this past week so I've been experimenting with creating some with GIMP. I'm going to post some of my work in this thread and I'm interested in any feedback, opinions or critiques you guys have to offer. For example if you think one wouldn't be accepted or I'm not following any avatar creation rules, please let me know.

I'm a noob (both at this game AND in avatar creation), so I know my work doesn't compare to Carlos, Hetfield, Hare, and the other established avatar makers. But there seems to be very few people making avatars at the moment so hopefully I can fill a niche, and I'm optimistic my work will get better with more practice.

Here we go: If anyone wants to buy one, these are all for sale with an open bid process until Monday evening. Please feel free to comment or offer suggestions even if you are not interested in buying. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I have no experience with any photo editing software prior to this past week. I'm creating avatars simply for fun, to be more involved in the game, and to make some in-game money (hopefully!)

Rampage Don Brock Cain

Nzeo6cM.pngyGPk2XA.gifgKc5sql.gifaZnNV9T.png

Sumo Bruce Farmer Captain (my best to date IMO)

1kOkUCy.gifqPjJRN8.pngjyMUf9V.pngMEAYbOY.png

• Upvote 2

Ok, auction's over. Thanks again to everyone who bid!

Here are the winners.

Rampage - Joseppe & Tev each bid 100k; (not sure what to do here guys... if both of you guys still want it I guess send me a best and final offer message to my manager box)

Irish Don - Joseppe (75k)

Brock - None. Will throw in free to the winner of Rampage if they want it.

Cain - Wingerdaddy (25k)

Sumo - Tev (100k)

Bruce - Tev (100k)

Farmer - None. It's been brought to my attention that this probably would get rejected anyway because it's just a head! :arrowhead:

Captain - Lotos (125k) (steal)

Don't send payment until accepted by Mike. If an avatar is rejected it's buyers choice whether they want me to fix it and try to resubmit or just cancel the transaction.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to everybody who made the first auction a big success!!!

I've been encouraged by the support and have been experimenting with different styles and tools in the past week.

Here what I made:

Iron Mike

VZV8LNp.png

Boxer

03GQn9Y.png

Jail Bird

9iEmu7j.png

The Auction will close Friday evening. Min starting bid and bidding increments are 25k.

These are for sale but I'm also interested in any feedback or critiques you guys have to offer.

If there is a particular avatar style or subject matter that anyone really likes, let me know.

• Upvote 2

Thanks to everybody who made the first auction a big success!!!

I've been encouraged by the support and have been experimenting with different styles and tools in the past week.

Here what I made:

Iron Mike

VZV8LNp.png

Boxer

03GQn9Y.png

Jail Bird

9iEmu7j.png

The Auction will close Friday evening. Min starting bid and bidding increments are 25k.

These are for sale but I'm also interested in any feedback or critiques you guys have to offer.

If there is a particular avatar style or subject matter that anyone really likes, let me know.

great work !