Official UFC Camp League 2018

MasterLeader

I reread the draft and just saw guys commenting on the #s drafted, how it was more than the previous year. After Tim made that comment, he drafted for a few more rounds. So I don't think he was too concerned.

Regardless, changing the rules doesn't do much for the game. I think adding the finish stat probably led to an increase in fighters chosen.

I wont be involved next year anyway so its not my call, just sharing what the general view was - could make things more exciting if youre forced to pick fighters later but doesnt overly bother me nor do I think it will have a major effect on the game.

Are you at all interested in running part of this next year?

Leon & Fallen Angel have shown provisional interest which Im glad about

I wont be involved next year anyway so its not my call, just sharing what the general view was - could make things more exciting if youre forced to pick fighters later but doesnt overly bother me nor do I think it will have a major effect on the game.

Are you at all interested in running part of this next year?

Leon & Fallen Angel have shown provisional interest which Im glad about

I will continue doing the role I am having this year in the next league as well :)

GENERAL UPDATE - My final ICAEW exams are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, expect results soon after...

Good luck mate ... ! ;)

are you in Accounts/Business side?

I will continue doing the role I am having this year in the next league as well :)

Good luck mate ... ! ;)

are you in Accounts/Business side?

Great to hear youre staying involved!

You guys probably think Im thick after some of the mistakes Ive made, but Im at the final stages of one of the most prestigious qualifications in the world.

My official job title is Audit Associate - relatively boring but can be good when you have unrestricted access to information about a company. I hope to move to Commercial Due Diligence next year which should be a lot more fun and more entrepreneurial.

I reread the draft and just saw guys commenting on the #s drafted, how it was more than the previous year. After Tim made that comment, he drafted for a few more rounds. So I don't think he was too concerned.

Regardless, changing the rules doesn't do much for the game. I think adding the finish stat probably led to an increase in fighters chosen.

Because I thought that was the best tactic yeah. I do still think there should be an incentive to get the higher ranked guys. Maybe an expenational payscale.

I'll pick up Branch for 25k last minute

damn tough luck ... :/

and Lando vs Frevola should have been the fight of the night

though Weidman vs. Jacare was close as well

Total finishes this season:

Camp Aylib: 12 T(KO)s and 7 Subs.

Camp RozzaD: 13 T(KO)s and 3 subs

Camp Northern Ninja: 8 T(KO)s and 2 subs

Camp Fallen Angels: 5 T(KO)s and 7 Subs

Camp Gonzasco: 6 T(KO)s and 2 subs

Camp JLP: 10 T(KO)s and 2 Subs

Camp Timqwe: 3 T(KO)s and 1 Sub.

Camp MasterLeader: 7 T(KO)s and 5 Subs.

Camp Humble: 7 T(KO)s.

Camp LeonStolzz: 7 T(KO)s

Camp The1stsaint: 3 T(KO)s and 1 Sub.

Camp Rei: 2 T(KO)s and 4 subs.

Camp Jacman: 4 T(KO)s and 2 subs

I Might be willing to get involved with the running of next years league btw. Put me down for it for now (with the help of someone like FallenAngel).

that's really good mate...we need everyone's help

The only issue with having many people running this is there may be big delays when information is dependant on information from someone else, although not like there havent been delays when Ive run it!

Possible roles:

1) Camp Values & Roster Maintenance - Fallen Angel

2) Fight Cards (I.e. posts fight cards before events and results after events)

3) Maintenance of other rankings & oversight of the whole thing (essentially the president) - LeonStolz

4) Total Funds Rankings (arguably most important so needs to be updated efficiently)

The thing is whoever does (2) needs to be the most organised and efficient as (3) and (4) cant do their job without (2)s results

Rozza & Aylib can do (2) & (4) but this is just my suggestion based on running it this year :)

PS - Role (5) could be oversight of the draft, I.e. generating draft order and keeping track of whos picked who and chasing people who are yet to make selections

The only issue with having many people running this is there may be big delays when information is dependant on information from someone else, although not like there havent been delays when Ive run it!

Possible roles:

1) Camp Values & Roster Maintenance - Fallen Angel

2) Fight Cards (I.e. posts fight cards before events and results after events)

3) Maintenance of other rankings & oversight of the whole thing (essentially the president) - LeonStolz

4) Total Funds Rankings (arguably most important so needs to be updated efficiently)

The thing is whoever does (2) needs to be the most organised and efficient as (3) and (4) cant do their job without (2)s results

Rozza & Aylib can do (2) & (4) but this is just my suggestion based on running it this year :)

PS - Role (5) could be oversight of the draft, I.e. generating draft order and keeping track of whos picked who and chasing people who are yet to make selections

Just call me Prez :)

If we have that many people helping out next year than it should be a breeze running this.

One thing I think we need to address is when fighters in the same camp end up fighting each other. I think there needs to be some sort of penalty, like a reduced win fund or something. It would also maybe make trading or selling fighters back happen more often if there was a penalty. Thoughts?

Just call me Prez :)

If we have that many people helping out next year than it should be a breeze running this.

One thing I think we need to address is when fighters in the same camp end up fighting each other. I think there needs to be some sort of penalty, like a reduced win fund or something. It would also maybe make trading or selling fighters back happen more often if there was a penalty. Thoughts?

I disagree - the penalty is the lack of camp rivalry bonus. Im honestly so annoyed Pantoja is fighting Sasaki that Im considering releasing Sasaki. It also means you get a guaranteed loss so is really rubbish for those with high win % and low fights.

On that note if anyone wants Sasaki for the risk and potential camp rivalry bonus, could be FOTN, then ill sell him for $11,000 (hes worth $15,000)

Id also suggest introducing minimum requirements for participants:

1) Minimum forum posts = 100

2) Join Date = At least 3 months before draft date

Reason being that Humble & TheyCallMeNeon were both relatively new and just did the draft, slowed the draft down and then didnt participate whatsoever so essentially wasted fighters. Its also an admin burden.

If someone doesnt meet the criteria then exceptions can be made but I think we should be careful accepting anyone.