Steel Penn

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 duphus

duphus

Red Belt

• 2,615 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:56 PM

This is not how it works when you sell / buy shares. It would be easy. Its just an idea to hopefully come up with something to move this game forward 

You better do some checking. Again no idea how the business is set up, most likely a sole or LLC though, and you can't sell shares of on LLC, they have members not shares or shareholders.

#42 Zello

Zello

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:27 AM

This game would probably go for like $0.02 a share

#43 jjsquirrel

jjsquirrel

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:26 AM

Going public, no way, just drop the idea. If you could get even 10 people to agree on a model for that I'd be impressed.

What maybe could be done however is opening up the dev process some.

Mike probably doesn't see any business case in hiring someone for dev work on the game at this point. But what if he set up some specific improvements with a kickstarter-like funding? If people donate X amount towards feature Y he will hire an external developer to make it happen. People are already making donations, something like this would likely pull in more. Even if it doesn't end up in Mikes pocket it might still be a win-win as it would improve the game as a whole and renew interest in paying for VIP etc. maybe worth trying?

Disclaimer, I happen to be a developer. I even talked to Mike once about helping out with some work for the game, but nothing came out of it. This is not me looking for work, in fact I doubt I'd have time to take anything on right now, just throwing this idea out there. In a way I'm not even sure I'd want to look at all the source code and know how things work since that would take away from the fun of figuring it out which is a large part of playing this game. If I did take on any serious amount of dev work I'd probably stop playing.

#44 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,082 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

I know of a new mobile app that is more or less identical to this game except for it simulates the fights in 3D and the training is on timers based on the level and shit like that, a few other minor differences like no TWGC or pure kickboxing, just MMA fights.

The game is in Beta testing right now and I am playing it, but if Mike were to sell to them, I can imagine they would have a lot of use for the algorithms, coding etc to improve their game engine and whatnot. They may even be able to improve this game if they take it over! And Mike could stay on as a consultant since he has years of experience in this already. If we could get Mike on board with a bigger project like that it would be awesome! They have over 100,000 people right now using the beta test version of the game and are constantly making improvements. Imagine if just a percentage of those users were to try out tycoon. And vice-versa with mmat users trying out their game too.

P.S. I am in no way implying that Mike has the time to work with another company but think of it like: if he can make some extra money for part time consulting wouldn't that be great?

What game is that? If it's on Android I'm downloading it.

Edit:

Just released you posted elsewhere that it's MMA Manager by Prey Studios. I got bored of it real quick.

the-corporation_zps5c78077f.jpg              

#45 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 8,538 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Video Editing, Music, Pro Wrestling, MMA, Bucs, Bulls, Boltz, Rays, Magic, Noles, Vegas Golden Knights, and The UNLV Running Rebs.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:19 PM

Going public, no way, just drop the idea. If you could get even 10 people to agree on a model for that I'd be impressed.

Mike probably doesn't see any business case in hiring someone for dev work on the game at this point. But what if he set up some specific improvements with a kickstarter-like funding? If people donate X amount towards feature Y he will hire an external developer to make it happen. People are already making donations, something like this would likely pull in more. Even if it doesn't end up in Mikes pocket it might still be a win-win as it would improve the game as a whole and renew interest in paying for VIP etc. maybe worth trying?

Disclaimer, I happen to be a developer. I even talked to Mike once about helping out with some work for the game, but nothing came out of it. This is not me looking for work, in fact I doubt I'd have time to take anything on right now, just throwing this idea out there. In a way I'm not even sure I'd want to look at all the source code and know how things work since that would take away from the fun of figuring it out which is a large part of playing this game. If I did take on any serious amount of dev work I'd probably stop playing.

He might be cautious of it, since the last time he had somebody help him from the game . he got screwed.

23844f55e258c7d5f0a812c3eb54b9ec.gif1490140446hxf_logo.png1cae8c4c383a2250f9dcd8ea5f3a79c5.gif

#46 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

It’s time to call back The Wolf

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#47 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 8,538 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Video Editing, Music, Pro Wrestling, MMA, Bucs, Bulls, Boltz, Rays, Magic, Noles, Vegas Golden Knights, and The UNLV Running Rebs.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:10 PM

It’s time to call back The Wolf

That’s not who was helping him it was Aaron Thai Guy. Wolf just got in after Aaron still had the FTP folder access.

23844f55e258c7d5f0a812c3eb54b9ec.gif1490140446hxf_logo.png1cae8c4c383a2250f9dcd8ea5f3a79c5.gif

#48 Lefty

Lefty

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:11 AM

That's so funny, ppl getting tired of the next gen version of this game! The only difference is that you need to refresh training sesions yourself and you set fight tactics for every fight on a 3 minute timer once u accept to fight a given opponent. I figured if u like Tycoon you'd love this game!

#49 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:00 AM

the characters look cartoonish

How are you gonna compare Wrecking Ralph to say Mamadu...

15374966924436.jpg

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#50 Squiiid28

Squiiid28

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:35 AM

Yeah you can't compare this game to mma manager by prey studios. This game is 10000000000× better imo.

#51 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:34 PM

Lefty shilling hard for the competition.

Steel Penn is it true you offered Mike years ago to buy MMAT?

This is like True Detective except no boobs. All answers will be in the final episode!

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#52 Lefty

Lefty

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:16 PM

Everybody knows this is a fucking dumbshit idea, this isn't a pyramid scheme! No company would ever take over this game mates...

And no one wants to buy shares of this game either. I'm sure we have a few users who may actually be able to afford the price the game is actually worth but no one is going to pay Mike what he needs or wants. 

Let's face it: this game will peter along at the same pace it always has and other companies will steal the ideas behind it and make other games, each one 10 billion times better than all its predecessors. No offense. I still love this game but we live in fucking 2019 for those of us who don't look at their calendar anymore.

It's been 10 years since this game has been financially viable to grow or sell. 10 fucking years! Let me spell it out once for those of us who aren't good with math: TEN YEARS! You know what you can do in 10 years? You can meet a woman who sweeps you off your feet, start a fucking family, move into a new house, renovate your fucking bathroom and then start tiling your kitchen...

Wait a minute! That's exactly what Mike's been doing! WTF have I been doing with my life...

Oh right I've been posting on these Gods forsaken forums  :wheelchair:

#53 DoctorOctagon

DoctorOctagon

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

This is the best idea. Not sure how realistic it is though since it would eventually require a revamp and re-org of the entire site hierarchy. It's a big job and would require Mike's assistance more than accepting avatars would

#54 DoctorOctagon

DoctorOctagon

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

Also, no offense, but I'd rather Mike keep running it than Penn or a large group of the highest bidders. In my experience, any business becomes infinitely more complicated the more people that get involved

#55 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

Steel Penn offered Mike a sum at least 3x larger than the 35k in the past no?  Back when MMA and this game were at its peak.

I would obviously give Mike 15k for the game just for LOLs.  God knows I waste bigger amounts on the dumbest shit and betting on Real Madrid. 

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#56 SteelPenn

SteelPenn

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,916 posts
  • Interests:Steel's quote

Steel Penn Alliance
    Steel Penn Fighting Temple
    #Gableisajerkoff
    Steel Penn's Steel Terror 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Rio 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Amsterdam 160
  • Manager Profile

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:42 PM

Steel Penn offered Mike a sum at least 3x larger than the 35k in the past no?  Back when MMA and this game were at its peak.

I would obviously give Mike 15k for the game just for LOLs.  God knows I waste bigger amounts on the dumbest shit and betting on Real Madrid. 

I offered Mike 115k for this game years ago, you say? I must be loaded if I had that kind of cash back then. Where do we come up with these numbers? 

1393712666w08NAc3.gif  1386438518due5.png       14154099341319991724SPFTbig.jpg          1455459176our%20logo.jpg 1326675969Steel%20Penn%20Alliance%20Bann1422825674SPIQ4_zpsab25d215.png

#57 imcool

imcool

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:44 PM

I offered Mike 115k for this game years ago, you say? I must be loaded if I had that kind of cash back then. Where do we come up with these numbers? 

Same place he comes up w/ other "exclusive information":

44c.jpg

1542546360The_Stepdads.png

#58 SteelPenn

SteelPenn

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,916 posts
  • Interests:Steel's quote

Steel Penn Alliance
    Steel Penn Fighting Temple
    #Gableisajerkoff
    Steel Penn's Steel Terror 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Rio 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Amsterdam 160
  • Manager Profile

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:58 PM

Lets clear a few things up. Mike and I spoke years ago about the idea of him selling me the game. It was an idea. We spoke, nothing more. 

Our goal should stay focused on how we can work with him to improve the game we all fucking love. United we are a force. This thread was an idea to help our game grow.  Stop the bull shit and work with me on ideas that can work.   

Lets stop bitching, complaining, procrastinating and combine our efforts to move the game forward. 

1393712666w08NAc3.gif  1386438518due5.png       14154099341319991724SPFTbig.jpg          1455459176our%20logo.jpg 1326675969Steel%20Penn%20Alliance%20Bann1422825674SPIQ4_zpsab25d215.png

#59 TJMitchell

TJMitchell

Black Belt

• 1,484 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:03 PM

The shares idea is garbage. If you want to move on with ideas forget about that one because it just wont work.

Posted Image

We Fuck Your Mum.

#60 HareRumpler

HareRumpler

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:17 PM

The shares idea is garbage. If you want to move on with ideas forget about that one because it just wont work.

Agreed.  Only a complete moron buys in on a declining service on an outdated format.

And as much as nobody wants to hear it or say it, and as harshly as he may have put it, Lefty is completely correct.  (At least in his last post.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users