Photo

Alliance of the Year 2015

Of The Year

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

Poll: Alliance of the Year 2015 (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Alliance of the Year 2015

1. Convicted Inc (43 votes [41.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.35%

2. Voted The Cage Cartel (7 votes [6.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.73%

3. The Highland Network (3 votes [2.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.88%

4. Droogs: Ultraviolence (1 votes [0.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.96%

5. The Broken Halo Pride (6 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

6. Voted Vendetta (9 votes [8.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.65%

7. Voted Legion of Doom (35 votes [33.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.65%

Vote

#41 The1rstSaint

The1rstSaint

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:16 AM

LOD is gonna win and this award should be burned my opinion, no offense but having 100 managers with a possible biased vote is pretty fucked.

f7jvwER.gif

#42 gwad12345

gwad12345

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:23 AM

Should just not count alliance members voting for their own alliance, problem solved.

#43 KingEpicity

KingEpicity

Pope of Hype

• Manager
  • 2,879 posts
  • Interests:MMA, NFL, Anime, Feeding the Dark Passenger.

I am the Pope of Hype. Hype's voice on Earth. I am here to preach the hype.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:46 AM

Should just not count alliance members voting for their own alliance, problem solved.

This, if this is not a rule then it defeats the purpose of the whole thing. The whole point is to be recognized as the best by everyone else, not yourselves.

ezgif_com_resize_2.gif

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. 

#44 PJbullet

PJbullet

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Graphics, MMA, Hockey, Manager games (MMA Tycoon, Powerplay Manager and more).
  • Manager Profile

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:41 AM

LOD is gonna win and this award should be burned my opinion, no offense but having 100 managers with a possible biased vote is pretty fucked.

1st. I can see where your coming from, but maybe we can also look at it like this, the fact that they have 100 members says something about how significant their alliance is; also, new players flock to their alliance all the time. They must be doing something right; again, I am not a member and never have been, but I am also not blind. As alliances go, they are a powerhouse. :)

1416231501logo%20.png     

Don't do better. Do Good!!

#45 PBR

PBR

Red Belt

• 11,664 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:58 AM

well tycoon alliance should win hands down

1410590406devilsrejects1.jpg

"I am the devil... and I am here to do the Devil's work."

Bomb Squad knocked into retirement by Biggums

#46 Leland

Leland

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Sports, NFL.. MMA.. MLB.. NBA.. NCAAF. Video games. My wife, and my baby.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:03 AM

I am apart of LOD. I have been since I started. They are nice to the new guys, everyone knows that. They are also very helpful. That being said, I'm sure a lot of alliances would and are the same way if asked for help. As far as not voting for your alliance, most people in an alliance would vote for the alliance souly on the fact that they believe their alliance is the best. It's hard to say or even know how other alliances act given the fact that you're not in it. I know LOD has a bad rep, but I think given the new direction of it, it's become more of a game booster then a contender. Mentor contacts new managers and REALLY helps them learn the game. That alone is enough for me to say they are a great alliance. Tycoon needs players to stick around, what better way to do that then by helping new players learn the most complicated game ever made. Cheers and good luck to all.

307xf2h.jpg

#47 gwad12345

gwad12345

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:09 AM

I have given no opinion on whether or not LOD is a good alliance, it just shouldn't be up to its its own members to decide.

As far as not voting for your alliance, most people in an alliance would vote for the alliance souly on the fact that they believe their alliance is the best. 

Yea, thats the point.

#48 GBK16

GBK16

Pikachu

• Developer
  • 9,685 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

As far as not voting for your alliance, most people in an alliance would vote for the alliance souly on the fact that they believe their alliance is the best.

Judging by the current votes, that is not strictly true outside of LOD voting for themselves. Only 5 of the 41 votes of the other alliances are by people for themselves, 4 from Convicted who are the overwhelming favourites and 1 for Cage Cartel. In comparison, 17 of the 19 LOD votes have come from LOD members, with one of the 2 non-LOD guys being a former LOD member and the other being a guy who doesn't particularly like Convicted so that's not a surprise really. Little further look and you will see that even though their own alliances are nominated, numerous members from Vendetta, Highland Network and Cage Cartel all voted for alliances other than their own, which shows they acknowledge when an alliance has simply been the better this year than themselves.

1482792032image.jpg

The Six Musketeers

5x Division 1 Champs (Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Sep '17) // 1x Division 2 (Jan '17) // Division 3 (Dec '16) // Division 4 (Nov '16) champs

tumblr_nfgpck1Lbr1tf69j8o1_400.giflaughter.gif

"Darkness Extracts People, Regressing Every Single Soul, Illness Of Nature"

#49 Leland

Leland

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Sports, NFL.. MMA.. MLB.. NBA.. NCAAF. Video games. My wife, and my baby.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:42 AM

That's cool and all but whether it's 17 out of 19 or 19 out of 19, who is to say those 19 people don't genuinely believe LOD was the best alliance this year? Just because they are apart of it? It's not like LOD offers a reward for voting for them. Votes are meant to be counted as 1. Not 0.5 because it's LOD voting for LOD. My vote was for LOD, why? I strongly believe LOD is the best alliance for new members. Also for experienced members. They help in so many ways it's actually overwhelming. 100+ members? That means 100+ members enjoy LOD. Good for them.

307xf2h.jpg

#50 RozzaD

RozzaD

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

Judging by the current votes, that is not strictly true outside of LOD voting for themselves. Only 5 of the 41 votes of the other alliances are by people for themselves, 4 from Convicted who are the overwhelming favourites and 1 for Cage Cartel. In comparison, 17 of the 19 LOD votes have come from LOD members, with one of the 2 non-LOD guys being a former LOD member and the other being a guy who doesn't particularly like Convicted so that's not a surprise really. Little further look and you will see that even though their own alliances are nominated, numerous members from Vendetta, Highland Network and Cage Cartel all voted for alliances other than their own, which shows they acknowledge when an alliance has simply been the better this year than themselves.

And I am positive JLP is taking the piss with his vote haha.

Tournaments Hosted:

tournaments1.png

Tournaments Hosting:

UFC_Wallpaper_Free_Download.pngsurv1_1.gif

CHECK THE BLOODY OP, SON!

#51 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 4,966 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

I have given no opinion on whether or not LOD is a good alliance, it just shouldn't be up to its its own members to decide.

The thing is, if LOD members voted someone else, it would put them in a serious disadvantage in all voting because we have the biggest % of VIP managers in this game (and hence, a large portion of the active members as well). If they think their alliance/fighters/managers are the best, they should be allowed to vote for who they want.

What others seem to forget is that most these voting is not based upon any real criteria. It is based upon popularity or opinions. Most these votes tend to be "vote for anyone else other than LOD", so we end up being at a disadvantage anyway. I mean past records have shown that we never win any awards, even when we have legitimate claim, so if you ended up "banning" votes towards your friends, it would basically remove the whole point of these awards. The fact that we were added to these polls late is not even being debated at all from what i see, but anyway.

LOD does have legitimate claim to being the best alliance in the game, based upon multiple criteria (i am not going to start debating this again), which is also one of the reasons why people are voting for their alliance. People outside of LOD do not know us much as we have a weak presence on these forums and on the chat, which is also one of the reasons why we do not have much support outside of it.

In regards to the actual votes above, Convicted votes for Vendetta and Vendetta votes for Convicted, so if you was to remove those votes and the votes for own alliance, you would not have as much support for each group as it seems.

#52 gwad12345

gwad12345

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

The thing is, if LOD members voted someone else, it would put them in a serious disadvantage in all voting because we have the biggest % of VIP managers in this game (and hence, a large portion of the active members as well). If they think their alliance/fighters/managers are the best, they should be allowed to vote for who they want.

What others seem to forget is that most these voting is not based upon any real criteria. It is based upon popularity or opinions. Most these votes tend to be "vote for anyone else other than LOD", so we end up being at a disadvantage anyway. I mean past records have shown that we never win any awards, even when we have legitimate claim, so if you ended up "banning" votes towards your friends, it would basically remove the whole point of these awards. The fact that we were added to these polls late is not even being debated at all from what i see, but anyway.

LOD does have legitimate claim to being the best alliance in the game, based upon multiple criteria (i am not going to start debating this again), which is also one of the reasons why people are voting for their alliance. People outside of LOD do not know us much as we have a weak presence on these forums and on the chat, which is also one of the reasons why we do not have much support outside of it.

In regards to the actual votes above, Convicted votes for Vendetta and Vendetta votes for Convicted, so if you was to remove those votes and the votes for own alliance, you would not have as much support for each group as it seems.

A broad range of people (not just Vendetta as I know you can plainly see) vote for convicted because they have more elite of the elite managers than everyone else which is my criteria. I understand you can take other criteria into account but I assume that's what most people who vote for them have in mind. 

I certainly don't hate LOD and I'm having a tough time understanding why you think theres so much animosity against you when this is the first time I can remember in the past year where there has been any negative mention of LOD on the forums. 

#53 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,023 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

This is the way it's been every year. I don't know how an alliance could be happy they won alliance of the year if all their own members voted for themselves, regardless if they think they're best in the game or not.

1376065122corporation4.png                     1452094593LuckyLiamsAcademy.png

#54 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,023 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:10 AM

I don't see how that's a good thing if I'm honest. The bigger the alliance the harder it is to organise. You don't have more VIPs in your alliance than in the entire game and even if you did, you could abstain from voting so no other alliance gets votes if you truly think your alliance is the best. Even still I think for this award if you believe your alliance is the best in the game, you should be voting who you feel is the second best alliance in the game.

1376065122corporation4.png                     1452094593LuckyLiamsAcademy.png

#55 UniConor

UniConor

Red Belt

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

LOD are bribing members to vote for them by giving them money for plane tickets and allowing them to use a gym in Amsterdam.

60a8c8389bcc1651bcc07666dd78b240.png

giphy.gif

#56 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 4,966 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

So you are accusing us for bribing our own members to vote for us?

#57 UniConor

UniConor

Red Belt

• Members
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

So you are accusing us for bribing our own members to vote for us?

If that is what the evidence suggests

giphy.gif

#58 jeaston

jeaston

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

I only voted for LOD because I knew nobody else would. I gain nothing from them, and I realize that convicted should win this award.

#59 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 4,966 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

If that is what the evidence suggests

So we are giving our own members gyms in Amsterdam and plane tickets to vote for us? :bangin:
Your mole needs to try harder with fabricating evidence.

#60 shortfuse122829

shortfuse122829

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

I don't have any problem w/ LOD, only Mentor. I get along w/ several members of LOD just fine. 1 of them was on my ITFL team. LOD deserves to be nominated and is a threat to this award IMO. I voted for Convicted because the MAIN criteria I judge alliances on are winning fights, p4p rankings, manager rankings. It's a fighting game so no matter what great companies people own or run, i base it largely on fighting. And unfortunately no other alliance can lick Convicted's sweaty jock strap as far as the fight aspect of this game goes just yet. So that's where my vote went. 

mrblack, on 13 November 2011 - 01:14 PM, said: i take the fights if i think i can win them and wont take them if i dont want to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Of The Year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users