Fighting style

Is any style better than the other for begginer fighters? BJJ, boxing, wrestling or Muay Thai?

And should I focus in one or two? or better make all of them better at the same time?

Thank you so much

Its better to focus on 1-2 skills at the beginning..rounded off fighter means he wont be very good at anything for a long time..start with very good defences..Takedown defence, Strike Def and Def Grap are very important..these need to be at least wonderful(12) before you are competent..unless its an id restricted org where everyone is new..clinchwork is important as without it your fighter will be killed if the fight goes to clinch..

pick whether u want a ground fighter or a stand up guy..and start training offences accordingly..I usually start with boxing and wrestling..good wrestling allows u to control on the ground and also keep the fight standing if u want..it even helps in clinch if I am not mistaken..in stand up skills I prefer boxing because its easier to train up than Muai Thai which has too many associated secondaries..

Ofcourse your training should always start with conditioning and strength..get these to high values(12 or above) before startin with other skills..

P.S. If it is tips for creation that you are looking for I can try and help if you PM me..

• Upvote 2

Is that a rule of thumb for most managers? A minimum of 12 strength? A few of my fighters have less then 12 strength... But not less then 10; and they seem to be doing fine so far. I thought I read somewhere, that higher strength means its harder to train up the tiger physicals, which makes sense, because in real life, usually the stronger and bunker fighters have less conditioning, speed, flexibility, and agility.

Its not a rule of thumb..even I used to train it to 10 and leave it a that..but recently i started increasing it more and it surely has improved their performance..

Its better to focus on 1-2 skills at the beginning..rounded off fighter means he wont be very good at anything for a long time..start with very good defences..Takedown defence, Strike Def and Def Grap are very important..these need to be at least wonderful(12) before you are competent..unless its an id restricted org where everyone is new..clinchwork is important as without it your fighter will be killed if the fight goes to clinch..

pick whether u want a ground fighter or a stand up guy..and start training offences accordingly..I usually start with boxing and wrestling..good wrestling allows u to control on the ground and also keep the fight standing if u want..it even helps in clinch if I am not mistaken..in stand up skills I prefer boxing because its easier to train up than Muai Thai which has too many associated secondaries..

Ofcourse your training should always start with conditioning and strength..get these to high values(12 or above) before startin with other skills..

P.S. If it is tips for creation that you are looking for I can try and help if you PM me..

the apprentice is now the master Mr Boyka - a dangerous foe indeed.

the apprentice is now the master Mr Boyka - a dangerous foe indeed.

Still a long way to go before becoming a master Mr. Steel..:) Just passing on what I was taught as a beginner by you and Brunno..

One of my many Proteges... :yes: :thumbup:

I'm really quite proud.

As to the question of making it harder to train up other physicals... The short answer is no. The long answer is: Not at all. The only limiter right now is total skill points. There is a new hidden that all fighters have that caps their total skill points between 77% and 82% (I think. I cannot remember if that is the exact numbers or not)

I have to pretty much agree with what is posted above. I'm an absolutely lazy human being so I always start my guys with cardio and just do circuit training later.

• 4 weeks later...

I should follow this guide!... thanks