Learning Speed Test - 18 year old

BigLarry

Have you trained something else before testing the learning speed? Like sparring or some skill that gives cross-training points like clinchwork? Also have u tested a skill that was 1 point at creation? 7.05 sounds pretty unreal for a 2on1 session.

No not on either guy. They were 1 useless in the skills that I had them train this morning and 100% energy I think one of them morale was at 98.4 though.

OK so the fighter I mentioned ended up being 5.85 learner. Seems like he is pretty good right?

But then how can you explain a 1on1 elite session on both SD and CW with 0 results and change in both skills?

He had "0 results" in the meaning that it didn't change from "--" to "-" but he gained some points which drew him closer to "-" and if he is a 5.85 learner then he's probably really close to 72.5 on SD/62.5 on CW. in my experience it seems that guys who are at the lower spectrum of what we call "good learner" start to have sessions like that at around "Competent/Proficient" level and after "Wonderful" it's hard work to pop to the next level.

Even so IMHO sacking anyone below 5.5 is pretty hardcore. I'm happy if I get "--" to "+" plus good chin. Fast learners start declining earlier so if they have at least a reasonable learning speed it might very well turn out to be a wash in the end.

Slow learners have a high chance of not reaching their total skills cap. If you are aiming to make many skills at exceptional/sensational level, then a slow learner could do it, but training a slow learner to elite++ is a pain in the ass. Fighter development is freaking slow anyway, coach sessions are limited so I am trashing every slow learner that I get. Might even set my learning speed floor to 5.85 since even 5.5 looks slow to me now.

How to test learning speed properly:

To measure the learning speed with precision you have to be a VIP. What you should do is train one session right after creation - 1on1 with an elite coach. To get the correct value your fighter should be at 100% energy and both fighter and coach should be at 100% morale. Also you have to train a secondary skill which you left with 1 point at creation = useless--. After the training is over, you must go to the Skills Snapshot,which is accessible only for VIPs, and select the skill you have just trained. Double-click on the skill bar to highlight it, then right-click and select "View Selection Source". A new page will open with a line, similar to this one:

<td width="87.5%" background="images/barred.jpg"> </td>

The width percentage value shows how much of the skill bar is filled. As we said, every skill could go up to 150 points so the full skill bar is 150 points. In this case, the skill I have shown has 150 * 87,5% = 131,25 points. Yes, this is an experienced fighter, not a new creation. For your new creation you might get values in between 3,5 and 7,5 points.

BTW is it better to have the new fighter using reduce energy loss supplement on? I mean with the potential waste of money (albeit relatively small waste)? Just to make sure I have opted for not buying the fighter clothes or supps until learning their learning speed.

What are your thoughts on that?

You don't need supps/clothes to test learning speed. You just have to create the fighter in a way, so the test session is his actual first training session(so he is at 100% energy and morale). For example, I have recently tested one project at Monday AM session, so to have him at 100% energy/morale, I have waited for Sunday PM session to pass so I could create him.

So I have made a recent fighter and calculated his learning speed. I took the smaller number from the "inspect" result (which was 3.5%) and calculated the 3.5 x 150 and came up with 525 which means the fighter is a 5.25 learner right?

Am I doing the calculation correctly?

This fighter went from 1(--) in a skill to 1(+) which generally I used to think is good enough to keep on my roster to train as a project but upon doing the in depth calculation that I recently learned it turns out that many of you would not keep a 5.25 learner...

So my question is: 1) did I calculate correctly? If not then how exactly do I calculate and which numbers do I use? 2) Would you keep this 5.25 learner? Because I'm kind of torn (if this calculation is correct) since I used to keep guys with results like these.

Sounds like you are doing it right. But think about it:

The "--" to "+" test can give you only three results: the skill goes to "-" or "+" or "++"; but there are many more learning speeds than three. so the test only gives you a rough estimate but inside that range the learning speed can be great or very good or good or meh. sounds like one of those cases where the guy is on the lower spectrum of what is known as a "good learner".

(even if you're doing it wrong this still applies)

Sounds like you are doing it right. But think about it:

The "--" to "+" test can give you only three results: the skill goes to "-" or "+" or "++"; but there are many more learning speeds than three. so the test only gives you a rough estimate but inside that range the learning speed can be great or very good or good or meh. sounds like one of those cases where the guy is on the lower spectrum of what is known as a "good learner".

(even if you're doing it wrong this still applies)

Another tip for those of us who use a mobile device - phone/tablet - wherein you can't see that finer detail of percentages in boxes (afaik) is to test two skills, eg a standup and a ground skill. Sometimes they go from -- to + in one but only -- to - in the other. Also check the corresponding primary - if it goes from 1-- to 1- then ok, but if it stays at 1-- then be warned.

• Upvote 1