Learning Speed Test - 18 year old

BigLarry

I created this 18 year old today http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=328081 with kicks 1, put him in a 1 on 1 kicks session with an Elite coach with 100% morale and Energy.

The skill went from Useless -- to Useless +, but when I used the inspect method it changed from 1.3% to 3.5% which is a 2.2% difference * 150 = 3.3 < 5

but I have read in many places that goin up from useless -- to useless + in one session or pop in 2 sessions is considered good however based on the numbers he is as slow as shit.

so now I am confused as to which one is right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I had one 5.25 learner which I kept for 6-7 months. It was a complete waste of coach sessions. Now 5.5 is the absolute minimum for me.

Yeah I just hope he does not pop good hidden so I can sack him with clear conscience.

By the way how is learning speed proportioned to age? If a 21 year old fighter has a 4.65 speed, can we roughly guess his learning speed at 18?

• 1 month later...

OK so how exactly do you calculate the learning speed out?

I have a fighter that recently also went from 1(--) to 1(+) in 1 session so he is pretty slow IMO.

I have another new project that went from 1(--) to 1(-) and that is slow as shit so he is sacked for sure.

So you'd tell me to drop the other guy too right? he seems quite slow based off other things he's trained also for example 1 elite 1on1 session in striking defense 8(--) proficient and clinchwork 7(--) respectable with absolutely no gains from the sessions.

In the skill snapshot section, double click on one of the skill bars so it s highlighted, the right click and choose Inspect, and you ll see sth like this

DDsJbPt.png

After one session of training 1 on 1 of a 1 value skill, there will be a percentage of improvement, multiply the percentage by 150 and you ll get a number, that s the learning speed. for example if the bar is 3.8% then:

3.8%*150 = 5.7

Now more than 5.5 is considered good and the Max is 7.5.

• Upvote 2

In the skill snapshot section, double click on one the skill bars so it s highlighted, the right click and choose Inspect, and you ll see sth like this

DDsJbPt.png

After one session of 1 on 1 in a 1 value skill, multiply the percentage by 150 and you ll get a number, that s the learning speed. for example if the bar is 3.8% then:

3.8%*150 = 5.7

Now more than 5.5 is considered good and the Max is 7.5.

OK thanks.

Do the fighters that are slow learners never reach their skill cap or does it only take more time?

It just takes more time. Most managers say it is not worth it to waste time on fighters with learning speeds under 5.25. My experience is that fighters like this can often have great hiddens but it still may not be worth it. I had a beast ass fighter with slow learning and it was not worth because shittier guys could run circles around him just by having more skills trained.

It just takes more time. Most managers say it is not worth it to waste time on fighters with learning speeds under 5.25. My experience is that fighters like this can often have great hiddens but it still may not be worth it. I had a beast ass fighter with slow learning and it was not worth because shittier guys could run circles around him just by having more skills trained.

Thank you

Slow learners have a high chance of not reaching their total skills cap. If you are aiming to make many skills at exceptional/sensational level, then a slow learner could do it, but training a slow learner to elite++ is a pain in the ass. Fighter development is freaking slow anyway, coach sessions are limited so I am trashing every slow learner that I get. Might even set my learning speed floor to 5.85 since even 5.5 looks slow to me now.

How to test learning speed properly:

To measure the learning speed with precision you have to be a VIP. What you should do is train one session right after creation - 1on1 with an elite coach. To get the correct value your fighter should be at 100% energy and both fighter and coach should be at 100% morale. Also you have to train a secondary skill which you left with 1 point at creation = useless--. After the training is over, you must go to the Skills Snapshot,which is accessible only for VIPs, and select the skill you have just trained. Double-click on the skill bar to highlight it, then right-click and select "View Selection Source". A new page will open with a line, similar to this one:

<td width="87.5%" background="images/barred.jpg"> </td>

The width percentage value shows how much of the skill bar is filled. As we said, every skill could go up to 150 points so the full skill bar is 150 points. In this case, the skill I have shown has 150 * 87,5% = 131,25 points. Yes, this is an experienced fighter, not a new creation. For your new creation you might get values in between 3,5 and 7,5 points.

So for example and if I am reading this right if I have a fighter which it was a 2 on 1 but regardless if the width was 4.7% then I times the percent by 150 and get 7.05 so that would be really good especially with a 2 on 1 right?

Have you trained something else before testing the learning speed? Like sparring or some skill that gives cross-training points like clinchwork? Also have u tested a skill that was 1 point at creation? 7.05 sounds pretty unreal for a 2on1 session.

OK so the fighter I mentioned ended up being 5.85 learner. Seems like he is pretty good right?

But then how can you explain a 1on1 elite session on both SD and CW with 0 results and change in both skills?

if you are referring to training one skill but also getting points in others, some skill training give a small percentage to others, like Clinch gives points to TDD