World Cup 2014 - Fanatasy Football

Timmy

BTW, lots of you have Belgium players, who as far as I can tell, don't score any points week 1.

I have some, but I hope I'm right in thinking that my non-Belgian subs (Lallana and Fred) will automatically be used for scoring in week one, when Lukaku and De Bruyne don't play.

You picked up a lot of Brazilians i had a few at first until i screwed around a bit. How do you pick a Captain i am still trying to grasp the whole Fantasy Football(Soccer) concept.

Did anyone fill out there predictions i just did. I went with Brazil 6-2.

In the Team Management page, there is a "C" under each player. Click that to make a player captain.

So I picked Neymar as my captain but foolishly never double checked that before the game and it appears something went wrong there. Oh well, still 13 points from him.

Question:

Who were the players who you wanted but didn't quite make your team and why?

1. Sterling (England). Would have made a great sub because he could be a sensation, but he is way overpriced to gamble on.

2. Bony (Ivory Coast). Awesome player but too expensive considering his team has tough group.

3. Y Toure (Ivory Coast). Same as Bony above.

4. Drogba (Ivory Coast). Was my first choice as sub striker but I couldn't ignore Fred (Brazil) at only 7.5M.

5. Kompany (Belgium). Waiting for next round to transfer him in.

As you can see, I'm going to be sick if Ivory Coast win their group!

Maybe I'll get a chance to add Toure next round.

Question:

Who did you pick as Captian?

I picked Benzema (France). If he can't score vs Honduras then he is getting cut lol.

I went for both Bony and Yaya. I messed around with the team so much though that only Neymar and Pique were part of my original selection I think. Avoided Belgians for the very reason stated by Mike but in hindsight I could have benched them for week 1, possibly future transfer options there.

Also Oscar was straight in my team to begin with but sacrificed him to get more money. I have a feeling I'm going to regret that.

Seems to be the opinion of the people who I think know their football that Belgium will be a disappontment anyway. I don't think they'll win cup but I think they will progress and have many players who are a good deal for the purposes of this game.

Netherlands just dominated Spain, would have scored more and more had the game gone on.

Yeah they were loving it as well. They looked like they could have just kept on playing all night. I thought they started brightly but losing the penalty would have had a demoralising effect, it obviously didn't and the goal just before half time was crucial. Casillas is getting a lot of the blame but Spain were second best in every area and just didn't deal well playing against two up top from Holland.