UFC on ESPN 9 Woodley vs Burns Pick'em Thread

The way Burns dominated Woodley (last champion) says it all for me - obvious #1 title contender.

Masvidal is the money fight so Dana might opt for that but at the end of the day he got a lucky one off strike against Askren and beat Diaz (who without McGregor has never been a top 5 WW) to tee this up.

Burns is on a 6 fight win streak.

Since you can't get Jorge vs Edwards - fight that should happen, especially after Jorge hit him... 100% on Jorge that this fight isn't happening. Btw Ryan, don't underestimate Jorge and his team's fiscal demands or willingness to just happily fuck with Usman and his management (Ali... Kawa hates Ali)

Woodley vs Edwards

Usman vs Jorge/Burns

Burns/Jorge vs Covington

You can sell the shit out of either fighter vs Covington, and either fighter vs Jorge.

How Jorge vs Conor isn't happening right now when Conor hasn't nothing to do right now(Anderson Silva? wtf) and Usman is hiding under a table "who"ing like an owl is beyond me. Conor is the biggest draw in MMA and Jorge was electric last year and he's never going to be as big as he is right now unless he fights Usman and beats him. Street Jesus is also a smaller WW/former LW so it's not like he's too big for current Conor. Now if Dana looks at it objectively he doesn't wanna ruin Conor's stock in a non title fight and he's gotta know it's more likely Jorge finishes him then vice versa so I suspect that's why... but still.

Jorge Masvidal vs Conor McGregor on UFSea with a lot of trash talking and hype going into it with nothing else going on in the entertainment industry right now...

How could that not possibly be the greatest PPV numbers in UFC history. I mean I think Khabib/McGregor would be even bigger but that can't happen while Fight Island is still alive so bringing Conor and Jorge to the island would be No. 2 imo for buys. Conor is the biggest draw in UFC and i'm pretty sure Masvidal had the biggest PPV numbers last year.

• Upvote 2

Street Jesus has so many options right now for huge fights that will sell lots of tickets, he's in a great position. Also why I can't understand why Usman isn't going hard for that fight... He needs all the exposure he can get cause his numbers are shit. He wanted Edwards who he already beat over Masvidal ffs. Greater fighter but damn it's hard to like the guy.

Masvidal vs Colby with all the ATT drama could be a fucking HUUUUGE fight if the UFC marketed already. The shit talking Colby did about Jorge and Joanna, Colby being threatened by Masvidal if he showed up at the gym, Colby being removed from the team. All the history between them(Street Jesus said he sleep on his coach for half a year... You gotta be close as shit to let someone do that.)

The drama and build up for that fight would be amazing and writes itself. A press tour between them? Fuck yeah.

There is also Masvidal vs McGregor which imo would come close if not surprisingly sell better than Khabib/Conor. I doubt it would do better but there is a possibility they are both enigmatic, electric people who do not like each other at all. Well at least Street Jesus hates Conor. They are both known for crazy backstage moments and shit talking so the build up to this fight imo is what would put it over Khabib/Conor in sales because of the language barrier and refusal to actually shit talk on Khabib's side.

Jorge vs Burns would give us a true contender with no disputes.

Masvidal vs Nate shouldn't even happen as it does nothing for Masvidal in terms of his legacy, ranking and title picture. But it would sell a lot of PPV numbers so of course the UFC doesn't care. I hope he doesn't take that fight again even though he would destroy Diaz.

Diaz vs Masdival 2 would be a much more competitive fight imo if Diaz took it seriously and wasn't content on tough guying through it all for that big check.

I don’t think a rematch would end much differently at all, Jorge is just too quick and dynamic of a striker and is insanely tough with good cardio as well. It will always be a bad matchup for Diaz in my mind.