• Please log in to reply
1101 replies to this topic

#21 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:17 AM

As I am new, I am happy to go with the returning members majority votes for the changes

#22 Fallen.Angel

Fallen.Angel

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:29 AM

answers in green :)

Ok the rules change suggestions seem to be as follows:

1. Incentive higher ranked fightersAGREED

Meaning we reward higher ranked fighters more in the way of Bonuses and Camp rivalries

Example:

Champs - 9k (4k more than currently)

# 1-5 - 7k (2k more than currently)

# 6-10 - 5k (same as currently)

#11-15 - 4k (1k lower than currently)

Unranked - 3k (2k lower than currently)

2. Double champ changes: AGREED

Increase cost and benefits of double champ

Example:

Cost = 150k (rather than 100k which regular champs cost)

Fight bonus = 30k

Win bonus = 30k

Bonus/CR = 11k

3. Cutting fighters limit: Unlimited fighter releases. 

Should there be a limit as to how many fighters you can cut from your roster per week?

Example:

- Only 1 per week

- 2 per week

- As many as you want whenever you want

4. Combine No. of wins with win %: I think if we are to get rid of a criteria, it should be Win % not no.of wins. Because a camp with only 4-5 fighters and not participating throughout the year can get lucky can have a good 70-100% win percentage. OR use that combination criteria.

Should we make 'No. of wins' and 'win %' one scoring criteria?

Both would still be tallied however the points from both categories would be added together and accumulated into a single scoring category (hopefully that makes sense)

Alternate option would be to just rid of No. of win's as a category.

5. Purchasing fighters limit: THERE SHOULD BE A LIMIT. I think 2 is alright.

Should we stick with being able to purchase 1 fighter per week? Or should we allow players to purchase as many as they want until their bank accounts run out (if they wish to do so)?

6. Should we let Rei in the League? YUP ..LET HIM IN ! :) 

and Rozza, are we implementing a time limit for a camp to pick their fighter during the draft? like 6 hours or so ... and let the next camp pitch in ?

Camp League :- x1 Winners (Camp Fallen.Angel)

Pick'em League :- x1 Winner, x2 Runner-up
Camp-Fallen-Angels-Sig-v1-7-2019.png15-nuggets.jpg

• Guests

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:30 AM

Good point on no.4 - didn't cross my mind at the time lol. I'd be fine with either combining or keeping it the way it is.

#24 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:08 AM

and Rozza, are we implementing a time limit for a camp to pick their fighter during the draft? like 6 hours or so ... and let the next camp pitch in ?

Time limit shouldnt be more than 6 hours - if youre going to bed then send your next 2 picks to Rozza or someone else active and declare on the thread your picks have been sent.

Camp-League-2019-fighters-sharpened-jpg.

#25 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:10 AM

Also JLPs logic for removing number of wins was to incentivise spending more money on fewer fighters so its not all about number of wins for unranked fighters.

Leaving only win% might have put Humble on the podium this year despite not doing anything after the draft.

A combination, however, could work for sure.

#26 Fallen.Angel

Fallen.Angel

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:10 AM

Time limit shouldnt be more than 6 hours - if youre going to bed then send your next 2 picks to Rozza or someone else active and declare on the thread your picks have been sent.

yup..that's good 

and yes ... a combination scoring criteria would be fine 

• Guests

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:22 AM

We will go with 12 hours. That is fair enough. If they return after the 12 hours, I would say it's fair that they can choose on their return.

#28 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

We will go with 12 hours. That is fair enough. If they return after the 12 hours, I would say it's fair that they can choose on their return.

You going to reshuffle the draw or waiting for any objections?

#29 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,428 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

Let Rei in and get rid of the guy who signed up to the forum in the last week.

#30 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,428 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

1. Fine by me
2. Fine with me. I think if you pay extra for a double champ it's a huge risk.
3. No limit
4. Do the consilidation score
5. No limit
6. Ditch the new guy and let Rei in

#31 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:42 PM

Let Rei in and get rid of the guy who signed up to the forum in the last week.

Thats my friend from work - he probably knows more about MMA than all of us.

No reason we cant have 11 participants.

Plus hell do a far better job than Humble & TheyCallMeNeon from last year. Ive ensured hes committed.

#32 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

2. Fine with me. I think if you pay extra for a double champ it's a huge risk.

I think the idea is that theres upside potential when signing a normal champ for $100k as they can become a double champ. Signing a double champ would be unwise, given its rare that someone holds onto 2 belts for a whole year haha

Right now TJ Dillashaw & Jon Jones have double champ potential for sure. But no reason Holloway or Khabib wont go up a weight class.

#33 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,428 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

Thats my friend from work - he probably knows more about MMA than all of us.

No reason we cant have 11 participants.

Plus hell do a far better job than Humble & TheyCallMeNeon from last year. Ive ensured hes committed.

Doesn't really matter that you think he is an MMA genius. He joined a few days ago and has no history here.We've been burned by people who quit after the draft every year we did it. Letting some random guy in who has no stake or involvement in our community sounds kind of dumb to me.

#34 MasterLeader

MasterLeader

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

Doesn't really matter that you think he is an MMA genius. He joined a few days ago and has no history here.We've been burned by people who quit after the draft every year we did it. Letting some random guy in who has no stake or involvement in our community sounds kind of dumb to me.

What Im saying is I know hell be active rather than some randomer who we cant rely on

#35 The1rstSaint

The1rstSaint

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:50 PM

entirely your choice. In or out mate? or you can wait to see what other people say about adding him in first...

Sorry just saw your post rozza I'm still in if we are gonna go with 11 players. I I Was just gonna sacrifice myself to get rei in only if needed. But yeah im still game. I'm becoming more of just a forumer here but I will be active for this.

The 2nd is my daughters Bday but shouldn't be a prob for me.

Camp-League.jpg

#36 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,428 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:57 PM

What Im saying is I know hell be active rather than some randomer who we cant rely on

We don't need any more players, especially one we don't know. Last year was awful because there was too many players which made it impossible for updates to come in anywhere near a reasonable time. I say we have ten reliable players, cap it at that. If your buddy keeps posting and is involved on the forum he can join next year.

Let's not overload Rory with unnecessary extra players.

#37 Fallen.Angel

Fallen.Angel

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:53 AM

Rozza, shall we start the draft on 3rd ?

#38 Gator001

Gator001

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

Just a question with the draft. What rankings are we going on? UFC current on website or something else?

• Guests

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:07 AM

Just a question with the draft. What rankings are we going on? UFC current on website or something else?

Yeah using the UFC website.

Also we will stick to drafting on the 2nd as long as the rankings are released but I need to sort out this rules and new guy debate lol but hungover so will get on that in a bit

• Guests

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

Aight decisions have been made.

As for the rules:

1. PASSED - BONUS AND CAMP RIVALRIES INCENTIVES FOR HIGHER RANKED FIGHTERS.

2. PASSED - DOUBLE CHAMPS COST AND BENEFITS INCREASED

3. PASSED - PLAYERS CAN CUT AS MANY FIGHTERS AS THEY WANT WITH EXCEPTION OF IF A FIGHTER HAS JUST FOUGHT AND THEIR RANK MAY CHANGE. PLAYERS WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL RANKINGS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO DROP THEM.

4. PASSED - NO. OF WINS AND WIN % WILL BE MERGED INTO 1 SCORING CRITERIA.

52 FIGHTERS MAXIMUM CAN BE PURCHASED PER WEEK.

6. PASSED - REI IS IN. 

As for MasterLeader's friend, in danger of making the wrong decision, I will let him in the league as well... ON THESE CONDITIONS:

- If he does not post his 1st draft pick within the 12 hours he will be booted from the league.

- If he is inactive in this league for a whole month he will be booted from the league. (there is UFC events practically every weekend these days so no-one should really be inactive for that long).

I will update the rules and do a reshuffle of the draft now. Let's just move on with the decisions whether you like them or not (sorry if you don't).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users